Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Im at 89 eggs and 40 claws.

The drop rates on super rares are so low tou do t really see the drops you get reflect their rarities until you have hundreds of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Tahirovic posted:

For some reason I figured GJ was mailable, it isn‘t. But I can send you guys some grapes tomorrow if you post here. I am getting 5k grapes a day now, so it‘s easy to make sure you all can use all your GJ options.

I would love more grapes, but I've only got 20 mailbox slots so please don't wear yourself trying to mail them to me. (https://farmrpg.com/#!/profile.php?user_name=LLSix)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
almost enough gold fish to unlock pirates cove

now just let me take a big, refreshing sip of water and check buddyfarm to see how many I'll need for endgame quests

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Day two of nothing but Hops and no rune stone

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

GreyjoyBastard posted:

almost enough gold fish to unlock pirates cove

now just let me take a big, refreshing sip of water and check buddyfarm to see how many I'll need for endgame quests

Keep at least 500 blue gel at all times for the grab bag 7 exchange, it'll save you a ton of time.

BennyGsGhost
Jun 27, 2002

Low P/B or Bust
Pillbug

koshmar posted:

Keep at least 500 blue gel at all times for the grab bag 7 exchange, it'll save you a ton of time.

This is important advice, always check exchange center for this

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

koshmar posted:

already do

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?
Still trying to get the rare drop to get rid of the sandwyrm in the desert. Is there a way to automate clicking? It really sucks clicking at 10 stamina a go. I've spent well over 400k stamina so far.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
And yet another day of farming taters begins…

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
If I have extra cutlass and need a ducky, and spiders+cutlass are at 0 quests left, any reason not to toss the cutlass in the well? Or is the tower going to surprise me?

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

If I have extra cutlass and need a ducky, and spiders+cutlass are at 0 quests left, any reason not to toss the cutlass in the well? Or is the tower going to surprise me?

Cutlasses are way easier to get than rubber duckies imo, so I might end up doing this myself.

No real reason not to unless you want to save up for their potential use in the future. But you’ve got plenty of time for that.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks. I already threw in 3 crab claws today but I might do it tomorrow.

H110Hawk fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 14, 2022

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

H110Hawk posted:

Just remember, people call this game HoardRPG because it likes to throw out new quests with absurd requirements with no warning.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Vasler posted:

Still trying to get the rare drop to get rid of the sandwyrm in the desert. Is there a way to automate clicking? It really sucks clicking at 10 stamina a go. I've spent well over 400k stamina so far.

There are tons of autoclickers out there. Autohotkey on windows is great for all sorts of stuff like this, on Mac I have an app called autoclick by a small dev. In Firefox there’s a great extension called auto clicker that’s good too and can even manage a plant/harvest loop for all the <15 minute crops. I can share links if you like.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

tuyop posted:

There are tons of autoclickers out there. Autohotkey on windows is great for all sorts of stuff like this, on Mac I have an app called autoclick by a small dev. In Firefox there’s a great extension called auto clicker that’s good too and can even manage a plant/harvest loop for all the <15 minute crops. I can share links if you like.

I’d appreciate this.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Unponderable posted:

Just remember, people call this game HoardRPG because it likes to throw out new quests with absurd requirements with no warning.

Whatever how hard could it be... *clicks submit*

Ah, neat 400 lanterns, 400 each garnet ring, garnet, unpolished garnet. (among others things) I just sold my whole inventory of each this morning. Oh and 50 geckos.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

H110Hawk posted:

Whatever how hard could it be... *clicks submit*

Ah, neat 400 lanterns, 400 each garnet ring, garnet, unpolished garnet. (among others things) I just sold my whole inventory of each this morning. Oh and 50 geckos.

Yeah, at this point I pretty much only sell fish from PC and whatever I’m working on GMing at any given time. Everything else just piles up just in case.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

rafikki posted:

Yeah, at this point I pretty much only sell fish from PC and whatever I’m working on GMing at any given time. Everything else just piles up just in case.

I typically cull to 500 of stuff I'm full on since a lot of my quests are still <500 each thing. This morning though I wanted to feel ALIVE! the geckos are going to gate me regardless so it doesn't matter.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
If I never have to fish up another golden flier again it will be too soon.

No, I will not look up anything required for the tower.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

I feel 0 qualms about Javascript based gold fish acquisition.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

I’d appreciate this.

For Mac the best basic one I've found is Autoclick by Mahdi Bchatnia.

On Windows, get AutoHotKey going and use a script like this. There are tons around, they're real basic.

For Firefox, there's Clickin by B-aublys that I like a lot. It takes a little tinkering but here's the workflow for an automated farming loop:
1. Go to farm
2. Right-click the harvest button > Send Element to Clicker
3. In the clicker icon, click the name and call it harvest or whatever (not necessary but I like it for keeping the later steps straight)
4. Do the same with the plant icon.
5. Next to each line in the extension menu, change the unit from s to ms.
6. Work out your crop's growth time in milliseconds and add about 150ms to this for the harvest field, 250ms for the plant field. For example, a potato for me is ready in 2m30s, that's 150s or 150000ms. I set the harvest click for 150150ms and the plant click for 150250ms.
7. Press plant.
8. As soon after as you can, hit the green "on" button in the clickin extension. You don't have to be terribly fast here because once the timer ticks over, it will catch up again.
9. Wait. I like to top up my seeds and sell/give away the excess on my phone while the browser runs. I assume it's bad for evading their bot detection to just be planting/harvesting nothing for awhile but I've left it for like an hour or so by accident before.

Note: With this there will be some "creep" as each click iteration gets farther and farther away from when the plant is ready for harvest. At a 250ms delay, every four harvests you'll be a second behind. Not too big of a deal with potatoes but it means that after 20 harvests of peppers (with the tower upgrade) you loop back around again to being on time, but you have to wait 50% as long after 10 harvests.

Also note: This extension is very durable to page changes. I've accidentally refreshed, clicked away and clicked back, all sorts of stuff and it seems to just pick up the timer where it left and do its thing again no problem. Very cool extension.

Oh and also for Firefox is the Farmrpg-Extensions by Coderanger extension. It's really good but I couldn't get it to work with my default profile so I made a profile for farmrpg alone. Works fine for me.

For some AHK scripts for fishing, and a clever Chrome console workaround for mealworm fishing that someone posted, check my post history.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

bbcisdabomb posted:

once you crack pirates cove it's only almost entirely horrible to generate gold fish, the greater capybara produces a smattering of grab bags 7 to go with the exchange center

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

GreyjoyBastard posted:

once you crack pirates cove it's only almost entirely horrible to generate gold fish, the greater capybara produces a smattering of grab bags 7 to go with the exchange center

Why does the pirates cove make gold fish easier?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

H110Hawk posted:

Why does the pirates cove make gold fish easier?

Presumably because it helps you afford Level 6 4x99 pets faster.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Klungar posted:

Presumably because it helps you afford Level 6 4x99 pets faster.

right yeah I was unclear

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Gotcha! Yeah 56m/11ln is nice. Grinding out 4 more points for the next selling bonus.

Just need to explore more. I'm at 99/99/99/91.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol adding a kitchen took me from 79.5 farming to 89.9 farming

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Thank you so much for the many awesome gifts everyone! With your help, I bought a new row of crops today bringing me up to 28 plots :toot:

I also started crafting lanterns - holy cow are those profitable.

H110Hawk posted:

I typically cull to 500 of stuff I'm full on since a lot of my quests are still <500 each thing. This morning though I wanted to feel ALIVE! the geckos are going to gate me regardless so it doesn't matter.

My maximum inventory is less than 500, lol! I can't decide if watching it crawl slowly upwards from the storehouse is awesome or torture.

I'm stocking up on pumpkins with my overnight crops right now. Just in case they're used for Halloween.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 15, 2022

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
In the throes of a delirious 3am wake up to feed the baby, I finally buckled down, blasted through three more GMs, and hit Tower 100.

For some reason I thought floors 101 and on ONLY needed mega mastery and not also another 100ak. The good news is I already have enough MM up to floor 140. Not sure how I’m gonna find 49 more things to GM anytime soon though…

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Aerox posted:

In the throes of a delirious 3am wake up to feed the baby, I finally buckled down, blasted through three more GMs, and hit Tower 100.

For some reason I thought floors 101 and on ONLY needed mega mastery and not also another 100ak. The good news is I already have enough MM up to floor 140. Not sure how I’m gonna find 49 more things to GM anytime soon though…

Craftworks helps a lot for fairly passive GMing. Things like buckets, horseshoes, wooden shields, butter churn, etc are all easy set it and forget it throughout the day other than to sell them when inventory gets full. Just need to remember to switch back to nets at night.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

rafikki posted:

Craftworks helps a lot for fairly passive GMing. Things like buckets, horseshoes, wooden shields, butter churn, etc are all easy set it and forget it throughout the day other than to sell them when inventory gets full. Just need to remember to switch back to nets at night.

Yeah, I’ve hit most of the easy ones I can do with passive wood/stone/straw gain unfortunately. Most of what I have remaining requires explores from multiple locations

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

if you're going to do any manual fishing, eat some Cat's Meow (i got some from a quest), it's a massive multiplier to the fish you catch (biggest I've seen is 7x) & they count towards streak if you don't use mealworms
10k merit badge here i come

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

oldskool posted:

if you're going to do any manual fishing, eat some Cat's Meow (i got some from a quest), it's a massive multiplier to the fish you catch (biggest I've seen is 7x) & they count towards streak if you don't use mealworms

I'll have to do that once I get access to cooking. And get the recipe for Cat's Meow.

I just got Double Hooks, so hopefully that makes the Flier grind 20%ish shorter.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
Kids these days get all the grind perked and cooked away for them. Tsk tsk

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine

oldskool posted:

Do not use mealworms while it is activated. Wasted mine that way.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

bbcisdabomb posted:

I'll have to do that once I get access to cooking. And get the recipe for Cat's Meow.

I just got Double Hooks, so hopefully that makes the Flier grind 20%ish shorter.

Double Hooks makes fishing much less tedious. You get these little happy moments in the grind when you catch two of something good.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Right I’ve grown over 38000 potatoes (not all in this quest obviously but beforehand I’d only grown them for previous quests) and still no gold one.

I’m getting really hacked off with it.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
What's a good break point in quests to work on the tower? I'm T74 and have just stated chipping away at Strange Companions. I've got Giamic's Jubilee and Far Away open as well but they both really strike me as post T100 content.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Fhqwhgads posted:

What's a good break point in quests to work on the tower? I'm T74 and have just stated chipping away at Strange Companions. I've got Giamic's Jubilee and Far Away open as well but they both really strike me as post T100 content.

There is no easy answer here. Getting to T90 is huge, getting to T100 is huger still. If you don’t have the AK to reach those, I’m hard pressed to suggest diverting to do quests vs. working full time on Mastery/GM efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm AK capped once I hit T75 so I should probably focus on that but the dopamine drip from completing quests is just too sweet...