Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/alabseries/status/1580946313830486017?s=46&t=O58BGAfSPtGIefsPcMMBSA

A Bag of Milk posted:

If they're successful enough to move somewhere nice, why did they move to LA?

He judged it against NYC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if my only choices were nyc and la i'd be in california in a heartbeat

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Felix needed to improve his raya matches.

It’s 100% this.

Though Matt leaving the nice midwestern librarian who literally supported his disabled NEET rear end for years for a LA comic… that was something.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Popy posted:

i wish one of the chapo boys would go on Tucker it would make so many ppl mad and thats really all that matters anymore.

They aren't good with confrontation.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

mcmagic posted:

couldn’t even confront Tom Myers smdh

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

mcmagic posted:

Will isn’t, and undermines them, I don’t know about the rest. Nick Mullen held his own with John Bolton, send him.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

slave to my cravings posted:

couldn’t even confront Tom Myers smdh

Lol they couldn't even confront Conner who was saying some heinous poo poo before Amber yelled at them.

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007
None of them is properly assertive on confrontation. Either passive or overly aggressive (nick)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s 100% this.

Though Matt leaving the nice midwestern librarian who literally supported his disabled NEET rear end for years for a LA comic… that was something.

as someone who got married young to a local bumpkin like all my other peers, matt and amber's similar circumstances are interesting to me

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

i say swears online posted:

as someone who got married young to a local bumpkin like all my other peers, matt and amber's similar circumstances are interesting to me

How so? Just like encountering stuff you were never exposed to in the Big City?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

one big thing amber frost brought to chapo was the ability to do actual confrontation and state serious disagreement plainly. her hate was much purer than that of the rest of them. too bad she is now dead.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i'll defend the blagojevich interview to my last breath, though, that was genuinely interesting

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Frosted Flake posted:

How so? Just like encountering stuff you were never exposed to in the Big City?

yeah i guess. it's just making the mistake all rural people make of marrying the first person you sleep with even though you've only met 27 women in your entire life

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

i'll defend the blagojevich interview to my last breath, though, that was genuinely interesting

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

yeah i guess. it's just making the mistake all rural people make of marrying the first person you sleep with even though you've only met 27 women in your entire life

so are you married to an la comic now or what

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

For sure. It’s just that trading up after she supported him, moving to LA, the whole thing, it doesn’t look great. I understand what you mean though, I’m not judging people for those kinds of marriages not working out per se, just that when Nick finally got that podcast money the only difference was a racing wheel and a heart condition from too much cocaine.

Amber actually getting mad about things and disagreeing vehemently was refreshing. I think she brought a lot to the show, and the fact that she both moved to LA and disappeared like Virgil is too bad.

Matt’s new wife, I’m told, is most famous for being obnoxious and she looks like the Big City temptress they tell tale of in Wisconsin

Frosted Flake has issued a correction as of 01:42 on Oct 15, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

V. Illych L. posted:

one big thing amber frost brought to chapo was the ability to do actual confrontation and state serious disagreement plainly. her hate was much purer than that of the rest of them. too bad she is now dead.

I remember Amber agreeing with some really dumb "cancel culture" takes with Matt Taibbi.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

For sure. It’s just that trading up after she supported him, moving to LA, the whole thing, it doesn’t look great. I understand what you mean though, I’m not judging people for those kinds of marriages not working out per se, just that when Nick finally got that podcast money the only difference was a racing wheel and a heart condition from too much cocaine.

Just for reference it's insanely weird to have this strong of an opinion about the narrative you've pieced together regarding the marriage of people you've never met who have never publicly spoken about it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

so are you married to an la comic now or what

yeah but it's carlos mencia

Frosted Flake posted:

Amber actually getting mad about things and disagreeing vehemently was refreshing. I think she brought a lot to the show, and the fact that she both moved to LA and disappeared like Virgil is too bad.

gotta assume she's still getting her share of the patreon or else we'd see her name pop up more out of necessity. maybe she's a barista or something

mcmagic posted:

I remember Amber agreeing with some really dumb "cancel culture" takes with Matt Taibbi.

i think that was the "cops are workers too" episode

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Breadallelogram posted:

are you talking about Eli Valley or was there another illustrator I'm forgetting?

Eli Valley immediately went full Biden Scold once the election rolled around

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mcmagic posted:

who cares man

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

i think that was the "cops are workers too" episode

could be... a lot of bad takes were shared.

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

some plague rats posted:

It's a shame because his woodcut grotesquerie style is like the only decent politoon art beside Kelly (all politoons are bad)

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Amber and, to a lesser extent, Matt are the only chapos who ever talked like they had skin in the game. Being a polemicist is fine especially if you’re funny about it, but it’s pretty easy to intuit the difference between someone who’s actually lived poo poo and someone doing politics as a moral exercise. It’s the same with brace where you can tell some episodes are personal for him (most recent especially) and others are not so much.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

some plague rats posted:

Just for reference it's insanely weird to have this strong of an opinion about the narrative you've pieced together regarding the marriage of people you've never met who have never publicly spoken about it

The people we have listed to discuss their lives and opinions several hours a week for years and are on twitter 24/7? Go figure.

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

mcmagic posted:

Not wanting to engage with every dipshit that has beef with them doesn't mean they're bad at confrontation. Matt in particular is pretty good at it if you actually get him in a conversation with someone like that Skullduggery podcast.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Was Amber’s teaching job at NYU just temporary then?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

some plague rats posted:

Interesting, I guess I missed that. I wouldn't have expected that from him.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Not wanting to engage with every dipshit that has beef with them doesn't mean they're bad at confrontation. Matt in particular is pretty good at it if you actually get him in a conversation with someone like that Skullduggery podcast.

Most of the people who vocally disagree with them are super online freaks, which doesn't really make for good content.

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

it was absolutely the correct choice for chapo to not be about directly arguing with people because every single person who has chosen to make that their brand eventually goes insane

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

The people we have listed to discuss their lives and opinions several hours a week for years and are on twitter 24/7? Go figure.

When has Matt ever talked about the end of his marriage, anywhere

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

remembering the matthew walther interview and loling

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

gotta assume she's still getting her share of the patreon or else we'd see her name pop up more out of necessity. maybe she's a barista or something

Did I hallucinate that they formally announced her leaving the show in the last ~6 months

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

some plague rats posted:

Matt Christman's marriage falling apart is a personal betrayal to me, a parasocial creep

Frosted Flake posted:

Matt’s new wife, I’m told, is most famous for being obnoxious and she looks like the Big City temptress they tell tale of in Wisconsin

ugh, stfu with 'trading up' and 'temptress'. You don't know any of this people to be this weird about it

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Farm Frenzy posted:

it was absolutely the correct choice for chapo to not be about directly arguing with people because every single person who has chosen to make that their brand eventually goes insane

Aimee Therese being driven insane by twitter is genuinely a bit sad.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Frosted Flake posted:

:whitewater:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

When has Matt ever talked about the end of his marriage, anywhere

No the only reason the internet even found out is that a red scare listener posted it on their subreddit.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

Aimee Therese being driven insane by twitter is genuinely a bit sad.

no its funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s 100% this.

She got some juicy alimony payments out of it at least.