Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

indecision 2022, our coverage of the communist party of china party congress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

i will never stop gaslighting women about bernie

now that's praxis

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

Chen weihua gawking at the camera after the government executes the wrong billionaire

[jon stewart voice] weiHUAAAA?????

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

biceps crimes posted:

lolin at chapo post Nevada 2020/pre Super Tuesday. should have hung it up after papa Bernie threw in the towel

The Orb Mother ep

The Admiral ep

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i miss my marianne gangtag

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Just a reminder that one of those was responsible for training death squads in Guatemala

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
let’s go to our Taiwan correspondent yaping in Taipei

oh that’s right he dead after we invade and remove traitors in 2032 ha ha ha

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Sometimes I wonder if chapo did more harm than good going all in on bernie, especially with all the “last off-ramp before total collapse” rhetoric. Like they pulled in a whole crowd of disillusioned people getting into politics for the first time, told them the only possible solution was electing a 78 y/o social democrat president and then got all pathetic when they lost. I feel like the first thing you learn in any kind of activism is that you take 5-10 L’s for every win but they just hyped up a whole lot of people and then told them to give up.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

the only 5 year plan i'm aprt of is a plan to get some pussy

Taking 5 years to get some pussy? smdh

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
he’s got a lot of Romeo dialing to do

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

ehhh nevermind

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

lol god drat

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

some plague rats posted:

Taking 5 years to get some pussy? smdh

you gotta woo the baby jirls

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

i say swears online posted:

years ago my pc started getting too hot and i had to lift it off the carpet

I have this book signed by Jon Stewart from a book signing in 2004 (or 2005, forget) in Union Square

...I'm not sure where it is.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

biceps crimes posted:

lolin at chapo post Nevada 2020/pre Super Tuesday. should have hung it up after papa Bernie threw in the towel

Joe Steele would have won

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:captainpop:

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lol

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

TheSlutPit posted:

Sometimes I wonder if chapo did more harm than good going all in on bernie, especially with all the “last off-ramp before total collapse” rhetoric. Like they pulled in a whole crowd of disillusioned people getting into politics for the first time, told them the only possible solution was electing a 78 y/o social democrat president and then got all pathetic when they lost. I feel like the first thing you learn in any kind of activism is that you take 5-10 L’s for every win but they just hyped up a whole lot of people and then told them to give up.

not wrong, and if you gotta criticize chapo this is the way to do it, they have nothing useful to add now that bernie's project lost but i guess who even has a project that works now anyway

i'll still listen to that garbage though

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

The lads and Greg

That's surprising. The last time I was aware of Greg Proops, he hated Bernie Sanders with the white hot fury of a thousand suns and was a full on Hillary dead ender.

Did they just not talk about politics?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Weembles posted:

That's surprising. The last time I was aware of Greg Proops, he hated Bernie Sanders with the white hot fury of a thousand suns and was a full on Hillary dead ender.

Did they just not talk about politics?

They did some improv skits. I was surprised at how thin Matt is now.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

They did some improv skits. I was surprised at how thin Matt is now.

Its amazing what money and cutting back on drinking can do

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

TheSlutPit posted:

they made the mistake of letting the sub guilt them into doing politics and have regretted it ever since

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

lol actually that reminds me of taintrunner talking about trying to approach felix at a gym in his 2017 twitter cancelation open letter and then years later spending months fuming in this very thread about them not calling for violent revolution after super tuesday

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Farm Frenzy posted:

they made the mistake of letting the sub guilt them into doing politics and have regretted it ever since

no i dont think this is true

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Farm Frenzy posted:

lol actually that reminds me of taintrunner talking about trying to approach felix at a gym in his 2017 twitter cancelation open letter and then years later spending months fuming in this very thread about them not calling for violent revolution after super tuesday

Of all the people I am glad to see gone, he is probably #1

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Every one of his garbage tangents could have been shut down simply with "yeah but you raped". If only we had known

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Was taintrunner the guy who had a whole 'murdering warmonger rapist CRIMINAL' speech ready to go every time someone mentioned Biden lol

TheSlutPit posted:

I cant blame them for getting swept up in the idea that a national election could make things meaningfully better for the first time in our lives, even if it was extremely naive. We all wanted it to be true :colbert:

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Wolfsheim posted:

Was taintrunner the guy who had a whole 'murdering warmonger rapist CRIMINAL' speech ready to go every time someone mentioned Biden lol

I cant blame them for getting swept up in the idea that a national election could make things meaningfully better for the first time in our lives, even if it was extremely naive. We all wanted it to be true :colbert:

there are few more miserable or insufferable people than those who want to insist their hopelessness was ahead of the curve. so yeah, what the gently caress else were they gonna talk about unless they were looking to cultivate the smallest, whiniest most negative fanbase ever?

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

TheSlutPit posted:

i don't think they had much effect either way but it's good they tried to do something offline in the real world

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Farm Frenzy posted:

lmfao no way

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

don't let the historical revisionists let you forget that tainrunner had many many fans in cspam..... embarrassing

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

he wasn’t wrong when he said that Joe Biden is a war mongering austerity rapist

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

feeling sad that i missed the saga of taint runner

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

don't let the historical revisionists let you forget that tainrunner had many many fans in cspam..... embarrassing

I was probably one of them, and its extremely embarassing.

The hardcore hillary people also still post on this forum too. Lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I imagine taintrunner cancelling Felix irl probably looked like Red Kahina wearing 10 scarves and trying to shut down a Zizek talking event.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if i could log into my MySpace, i'm pretty sure my headline would still say "ron paul is my hero"

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

biceps crimes posted:

he wasn’t wrong when he said that Joe Biden is a war mongering austerity rapist

He really really hated warmongering and austerity, so much so that he himself became a rapist

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I will never forget the "Cool" Zone :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Eh, my interpretation of Amber is different. She talks like someone "who wants to play-act as someone with skin in the game." Like a left-wing version of JD Vance (this is definitely overly harsh, but they share the "had a childhood that was working class but quickly transitioned to something that isn't even remotely working class in adulthood while still trying to play up their working class background constantly." See: that hilarious excerpt from her book (I had this impression long before said excerpt, but it just verified the same impression I had before). I don't think she's a bad person by any means and still enjoyed her on the show, but she reminds me of when I tried to leverage growing up in the South for some sort of personality cred while at college in NYC. At some point it becomes far more honest to admit they're you're just an very well-off urban academic, regardless of where you were born. I respect the rest of the Chapos for being completely honest about how blessed their circumstances are and not trying to portray themselves as something they're not.

If anything, the closest thing for a left-wing version of JD Vance was the former Cracked editor\major writer that would constantly type out op-eds that were pretty much tiny versions of Hillibily Elegy, so you'd end up with a lot of articles overseen by him that were nuked during the Cracked takeover + the sex harassment scandal that a good selection of the writers, who are now DSA boosters, thank the Lord they were deleted off the site. At most, most of her bad spots were defending colleagues who wrote some awful poo poo and would try to spin something good from them. Her "As a Person from blah blah blaaah" thing carried some level of respect for the people she was talking for. Cracked under that guy's thumb? Articles on how worrying about congressmen advocating awful poo poo to women or lgbt meant you didn't care about real working class, articles defending war crimes, articles cheering some of the worst CEO practices possible, all in a veneer of "Plz feel bad for me I drank once and I played on a junkyward as a kid owo" nonsense.

As for Taintrunner, he was one of those people where I just shrugged since I could walk into a good part of the threads and find Taintrunner types everywhere.

Kunster has issued a correction as of 17:36 on Oct 15, 2022