Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
i just kill every mushroom i see every time and console myself with gathering enough fungal powder poo poo that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Got 99 mats but correct spores ain't one

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

No Wave posted:

Seeing kuki's animations is the meta advantage of hyperbloom candace.

EDIT: big news. I'm seeing comparisons that indicate that 4Gilded is better than 4CW on diluc. now you never have to worry about that poo poo artifact set ever again.

Does this extend to Hu Tao as well?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

No Wave posted:

EDIT: big news. I'm seeing comparisons that indicate that 4Gilded is better than 4CW on diluc. now you never have to worry about that poo poo artifact set ever again.

:stare: that's wild

With that and the suggestion that Layla might be a good teammate for a melt Diluc setup I might have to start playing him again

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I don't know much about hu but apparently in teams where hu is the only pyro GD is better when total EM <350. This means you'd want HP sands (this is a good thing! so much competition for gilded EM sands) and for dragons bane CW is still a little bit better. This is very roughly researched by me and i'm only repeating it cuz it sounds plausible so you might wanna follow up on your own.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 14, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Finding surprising success with my fridge team using Collei. Her Dendro application is pretty underrated, especially with C2. And against groups, the poor ICD on her Q isn't that big a deal. The thing I hate about DMC is how bad it feels if you don't have burst, or if you just used it and enemies get out. Collei's C2 gives her a pretty long aura that synergizes well with both XQ's and Kuki's Es. Her Q also cooldowns faster, and aligns better with XQ's once Chong reduces his.

Probably the most enjoyable bloom team I've tried so far. On top of the aura manipulation, the added cc of freeze really makes a difference. The lack of it in every other team I've tried has been extremely frustrating.

Edit: oh, and her awful backswing doesn't get interrupted as much when things are frozen

https://i.imgur.com/tes1Ezx.mp4

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 14, 2022

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

funkymonks posted:

Does this extend to Hu Tao as well?
When I tested on my Hu Tao (your substats may vary) I got better vape damage with 2-piece CW / 2-piece millelith. :shrug: In a vacuum without substats, 4-piece Crimson Witch is supposedly slightly better vape damage. Slightly better meaning 4-piece CW was never a must-have set. Hu Tao is flexible with artifact sets kinda like Ayato or Fischl.

4-piece shimenwa
4-piece crimson witch
2-piece crimson witch / 2-piece millelith

Also just in general if the reaction numbers are close enough I would always go for the better mono-dmg option. Anytime you're not triggering vapes (like against some elemental bosses) the pyro dmg will be better having that extra HP.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Well, the good news is that I've set myself up for a guaranteed Nahida, lol.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I dropped 80 wishes into the weapon banner like an idiot chasing a single Xiphos Moonlight

On the bright side, I got one, and a Jade Cutter came along in that same 10-pull :toot:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Official Nilou explainer for those of us that haven't been following leaks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7WnRJTVReI

I wonder if Nilou will be to dendro what Shenhe is to freeze. Wish they would release these videos before the banner dropped, would be nice to have the official word on what a character does in advance.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Lmao, they gave Albedo Cinnabar Spindle in his test run

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey I won a 50/50 again. :v:

Guess I'll work on a green fireworks team. Though as a minor consequence this also means I need to revisit Barbara for the first time in years because I don't have Kokomi to slot in as a healer. Unless I just decided to not run a healer I guess which sounds like a terrible idea given all the explosions you'll be eating.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

Official Nilou explainer for those of us that haven't been following leaks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7WnRJTVReI

I wonder if Nilou will be to dendro what Shenhe is to freeze. Wish they would release these videos before the banner dropped, would be nice to have the official word on what a character does in advance.

Shenhe is like a 'premium' support unit who just makes an existing freeze team stronger by swapping in for a 4-star support like kaeya/rosaria.

Nilou isn't much like that because her gimmick passive requires you to use a unique team of all-dendro-and-hydro, no hyperbloom or burgeon or even swirl in sight. There is basically no such thing as a pure-bloom team without Nilou, and there are very few non-pure-bloom teams that Nilou will be a best-in-slot upgrade for (possibly none).

Nilou is a character who wants you to build the one specific "Nilou team", she's very unique but not very flexible.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Oct 15, 2022

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I did a few pulls even though it was a terrible idea, got a 5* earlier than soft pity but lost 50/50 to a fennec boy. Actually one of the best possible outcomes

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

gandlethorpe posted:

Lmao, they gave Albedo Cinnabar Spindle in his test run

I saw that and came here to rage post a screenshot. They better loving give it to us again, or hell even a 5 star reskin on a banner is fine.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I totally thought Nilou worked completely differently.

I thought the water blade attack and the AOE hydro aura were choices you made, not either ors that you got locked into. What the hell? I don't mind skipping her now. She's at the bottom of the list with Childe now.

Coolness Averted posted:

I saw that and came here to rage post a screenshot. They better loving give it to us again, or hell even a 5 star reskin on a banner is fine.

And only rank one to add insult to injury!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

RareAcumen posted:

Wow, I totally thought Nilou worked completely differently.

I thought the water blade attack and the AOE hydro aura were choices you made, not either ors that you got locked into. What the hell? I don't mind skipping her now. She's at the bottom of the list with Childe now.

And only rank one to add insult to injury!

I'm a bit confused on how them being choices vs either or would work differently? You hit her e and then auto attack or mash e, how is that not a choice?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eimi posted:

I'm a bit confused on how them being choices vs either or would work differently? You hit her e and then auto attack or mash e, how is that not a choice?

I thought you had both available, not that you do one combo with the water slice and then you get that for the rest of her 16 second cooldown.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I thought you had both available, not that you do one combo with the water slice and then you get that for the rest of her 16 second cooldown.

Ah, gotcha.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Sounds like Nilou only works in very specific team setups, easy skip?

How is Nahida shaping up? What kind of team does she work in? I am not great at divining whether a character will be strong or how to use them based on leaks.

My current operating logic is that Archons Are Strong and I have enough squirreled away to pity her if necessary.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
From what we know of Nahida everyone thinks she will be insanely strong. So strong that online complaining about her is now about whether she sticks her tongue out or not. You use her wherever Dendro is used in current teams, but it's just better.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/giyuyuchan520/status/1577594092904910848

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
The nice thing about nilou is that if you play her "correctly," this solves that "funghi drop the wrong thing" problem pretty handily. Also, she makes bloom itself feel like a decent thing, instead of a green landmine that'll inevitably explode in your face and do nothing to whatever you were trying to kill.

Also now I've got 4 characters to ascend who all require fighting different robots in different countries. That's slightly annoying. Plus side: my early inazuma habit of grabbing every beetle, even though they were useless means my shiny new heizou only needs like 10 more.

I've also learned that if you say, fight a boss and then do a character trial without moving, when you return to reality that boss will be right there waiting to stove your face in. I guess doing those trials is sufficient for the "go away from the boss" part of the respawn logic.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
Is Diluc worth investing in? He's getting some decent numbers but I already have some pretty well built pyro DPS and Diluc's c1 is kinda garbage. 15% more damage all the time wouldn't even be much to talk about.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

From what we know of Nahida everyone thinks she will be insanely strong. So strong that online complaining about her is now about whether she sticks her tongue out or not. You use her wherever Dendro is used in current teams, but it's just better.
Sounds like a tough act for Baizhu to follow. I can't imagine him ever sticking his tongue out.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Sanctum posted:

Is Diluc worth investing in? He's getting some decent numbers but I already have some pretty well built pyro DPS and Diluc's c1 is kinda garbage. 15% more damage all the time wouldn't even be much to talk about.

Pretty sure Diluc and XQ are still like the dps to beat in terms of if a unit is super strong or not. He's still a solid benchmark for a 'good' unit, making him good too.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sanctum posted:

I wouldn't, unless you really want a pyro claymore guy for dragonspine stuff or something. But that's mostly because I hate the mondstadt talent domain --- you've already got everything sorted on him besides levels, and talents aside it's not like it'd take long to get him up to 80/90. In your shoes I wouldn't prioritize him, but there's no harm in it if you feel like scrounging for lampgrass. Hell, he's probably even kinda alright for the domain, since unlike yanfei you won't have extra-bad stamina issues, and claymores at least do some damage to shields while you wait for cooldowns.

FractalSandwich posted:

Sounds like a tough act for Baizhu to follow. I can't imagine him ever sticking his tongue out.

He's got a snake, I'm sure he'll manage to keep pace.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Where do you see character stats laid out like that anyway?

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Sanctum posted:

If you like him better than Yanfei he should be comparable, probably a bit better dps in exchange for not being ranged or having a shield, but I'm not looking up numbers right now.

He mostly gets a bad rap nowadays because Hu Tao completely outpaces him and Xiangling keeps up from off field, but that's more them being busted than Diluc being bad.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

In Diluc's best possible teams (xingqiu/yelan plus bennett plus some anemo), Xiangling is basically equally good, plus she's a lot more flexible due to also working off-field.
He kinda got left behind as the meta evolved and the genshin community just completely forgets anything that's 10% below the best option, but if you enjoy the big-chunky-hits playstyle he can still be worth building, because again xiangling is one of the strongest units in the game and he's about on par with her (albeit with a lot less flexibility -- you couldn't run him with raiden or ganyu).

Clarste posted:

Where do you see character stats laid out like that anyway?

https://enka.network/. it pulls the public data from your profile so it only shows the up-to-8 featured characters you can set.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Oct 15, 2022

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Is there anything much to a burning team or is that going to wait until they make a Nilou but for the burning reaction?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Dehya is rumored to be burn-centric.

As a reaction, it's pretty unremarkable. Though one interesting thing about it is that it refreshes the Pyro automatically, so theoretically only one application is needed for a Dendro user to keep it up indefinitely.

The fact that they had some burning interaction in Hyakunn Ikki is somewhat indicative that they haven't forgotten about it. Hope someday they'll remember shatter.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You're gonna have to wait until they release someone with a nilou-tier gimmick/niche passive built around it.
Burning is kinda interesting in that you can keep it going forever if you keep applying enough dendro to fuel it, even if you never reapply pyro.
Nahida has enough application to do this all on her own, but burning still kinda sucks because it stops you from doing other better reactions while it's active.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

gandlethorpe posted:

As a reaction, it's pretty unremarkable. Though one interesting thing about it is that it refreshes the Pyro automatically, so theoretically only one application is needed for a Dendro user to keep it up indefinitely.

The fact that they had some burning interaction in Hyakunn Ikki is somewhat indicative that they haven't forgotten about it. Hope someday they'll remember shatter.

They should also remember all those dumb wooden shields that get burned, and let you Aggravate and Bloom them too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Clarste posted:

They should also remember all those dumb wooden shields that get burned, and let you Aggravate and Bloom them too.

Dendro should make them grow and either lock the shield into the ground like a tree root or trap them in a wood coffin.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

gandlethorpe posted:

Seems like reasonable speculation, at the very least. I assume there'll be someone who makes Burgeon worth caring about sooner or later, too. That might be for Fontaine. It's got the hydro connection, and fighting with explosives seems suitably steampunk.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Fun fact: the Cryo Lawachurl's powered up shield does not protect against transformative reaction damage

Learning this means I can now run a freeze team and still bully them!

https://i.imgur.com/Iw2p6sO.mp4

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Nilou-bros this banner is too painful... go on without me....

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

A feature I would love to see: on domains, I'd love it if instead of showing "recommended elements," it also showed required elements. You can never tell if a domain's "recommended" elements are actually meaningless or whether you need a character of that element to complete the domain. It'd be nice to know if I'm actually required to switch up my team for a domain or if it's just suggested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

frajaq posted:

Nilou-bros this banner is too painful... go on without me....

I'm up to 82 on my guaranteed now... I could definitely get her with free orbs before the banner ends, but I'm also starting to think maybe I just want Nahida to make Keqing better...