Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Escobarbarian posted:

Last Guardian doesn’t need a remake

They already remaded for the ps4 thry just didnt bother releasing the ps3 version and the ps5 patch is on the disc :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Kazzah posted:

I hear people talking, I hear all the people saying that Gotham Knights is this generation’s Bloodborne

The big difference is that Bloodborne is one of the best games ever released on PS4 and Gotham Knights aims to be just another trainwreck.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

this box art is a travesty

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Escobarbarian posted:

loving HELL the “PS5 has no games” posts are soooooo old and tired you guys haven’t come up with a new spin on the joke in months and months it’s just the same thing repeated eternally

you are asking this thread to be interesting when all the good stuff is in real time anymore

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Electromax posted:

this box art is a travesty

It reflects the contents.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Escobarbarian posted:

loving HELL the “PS5 has no games” posts are soooooo old and tired you guys haven’t come up with a new spin on the joke in months and months it’s just the same thing repeated eternally

e: please pretend I edited this to be more chill

much like the purported PS5 games

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
“highly detailed open world”

everything I’ve seen of GK’s open world has about as much going on as the first red dead redemption

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Looks pretty good. I'm a little let down that you can fly in zero gravity like in DS2. I liked DS1's take on zero gravity, where you had to hop from place to place. Kind of a neat take imo.

Looks like there's a section where you have to choose which power to kill, gravity or life support. So have a zero G section or a section with out oxygen. I don't recall that from the first game, cool to have a choice. But if you kill life support, ok I can see where the ship stops generating oxygen or whatever...but why would you vent the existing oxygen out???

The director sounds pretty cool, should make backtracking and multiple playthroughs interesting. I'm looking forward to this game!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
This gen has been fine for games. The next-gen consoles play good games well. I don't care if I could theoretically play the same game at a shittier resolution at 30fps on a 2013 console because I don't want to do that anyway.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I've only played two games at 30 fps in the past couple years, Sleeping Dogs and Judgement (I thought I had the ps5 version wishlisted)

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The official frodge corn playstion rankings is as follows

Ps5
Ps1
Ps4
Ps2
Ps3

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
PS3 is still holding some of my favorite games of that gen hostage and it's really annoying.

Like where the gently caress is Metal Gear Rising: ReCut Edition with improved dismemberment physics

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

fridge corn posted:

Ps5
Ps1
Ps4
Ps2
Ps3

From worst to best :hmmyes:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
3/2/1/4/5. Top 3 is a technicality because of backwards compatibility.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Looks like there's a section where you have to choose which power to kill, gravity or life support. So have a zero G section or a section with out oxygen. I don't recall that from the first game, cool to have a choice. But if you kill life support, ok I can see where the ship stops generating oxygen or whatever...but why would you vent the existing oxygen out???

This is brand new, and from the video I'm guessing it's a new mechanic that will recur throughout the game. Making an explicit choice between extra spoopy or being on the clock is interesting and it's good they're throwing in new ideas like that

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

fridge corn posted:

Ps5
Ps1
Ps4
Ps2
Ps3

Mine is

PS5
PS4

Honourable mention:
PS3

Trash:
Ps1
Ps2

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Oxxidation posted:

“highly detailed open world”

everything I’ve seen of GK’s open world has about as much going on as the first red dead redemption

gabriel knight?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Aipsh posted:

Trash:
Ps2

:goofy:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just showing my friend Last of Us Part 1 and we both simultaneously oohed at the look of light reflecting off a wet plank of wood and then laughed hard at our dorkiness

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Escobarbarian posted:

Just showing my friend Last of Us Part 1 and we both simultaneously oohed at the look of light reflecting off a wet plank of wood and then laughed hard at our dorkiness

i usually skip the middleman and just laugh at our dorkiness

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Aipsh posted:

Mine is

PS5
PS4

Honourable mention:
PS3

Trash:
Ps1
Ps2

what the gently caress is this

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Aipsh posted:

Mine is

PS5
PS4

Honourable mention:
PS3

Trash:
Ps1
Ps2

Trap sprung

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

when debating which playstation's best
you can't really consider the rest
the one that you're playing
at the moment you're saying
has by definition passed that test

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Vikar Jerome posted:

So it really is confirmed streaming of ps3 version? Lmao. Capcom, come on...

It seems information DID get hosed up, the PS Blog silently updated.

Limbo and Ultra Street Fighter IV will be their PS4 versions. However you will still need PS+ Deluxe or Premium for them, they will not be available on PS Extra, but they'll at least be downloadable now.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok this looks loving dope and it looks like they are taking the exact approach I would have hoped for. I was worried they were just going to give it a new paint job and after playing it recently, felt it was slightly dated, but stuff like the interconnected ship and Enemy AI director is the exact type of thing I wanted to see added. And it all still looks very true and respectful of the original. I am leaning towards launch day for this now.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Looks pretty good. [spoiler]I'm a little let down that you can fly in zero gravity like in DS2. I liked DS1's take on zero gravity, where you had to hop from place to place. Kind of a neat take imo.

Ha, I loved DS2 and 3's flying and was so confused because I thought it was also in 1. I thought the game bugged out or something. Once I realized it was just how DS1 worked I found the hopping pretty annoying tbh.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 15, 2022

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

New Dead Space went from "looks like a coat of paint, I'll wait to get a cheap copy" to "Maybe I should get it at launch".

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Best ranked by library of its time and impact on the industry would probably be

Tie:
PS1
PS2

PS4

PS3

PS5

I like the 5 better than the 4 though for usage because it plays all my 4 games better. PS3 is dust in the wind because almost everything was remastered for 4.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Okay now I finally escaped the police station for real on RE2make. I hosed up a LOT with the dogs and the tyrant guy following me and probably wasted too much ammo, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Is he scripted to back off at certain points, or did I just get lucky when he ignored me the entire time I was running around the clock tower putting gears into things?

Also, now that I've left the police station, should I still hang onto the wooden board sitting in my inventory? There was a hallway with three exposed windows in the east wing where I just said gently caress it and ran :effort:

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

Wolfsheim posted:

Okay now I finally escaped the police station for real on RE2make. I hosed up a LOT with the dogs and the tyrant guy following me and probably wasted too much ammo, but I think I'm finally getting the hang of it!

Is he scripted to back off at certain points, or did I just get lucky when he ignored me the entire time I was running around the clock tower putting gears into things?

Also, now that I've left the police station, should I still hang onto the wooden board sitting in my inventory? There was a hallway with three exposed windows in the east wing where I just said gently caress it and ran :effort:

Yeah he doesn't follow you when you're doing the clock tower puzzle. You can also toss that board. I think I only ever used 1 for the trophy and then never used another one in the 3 or 4 times I played through the game.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

univbee posted:

It seems information DID get hosed up, the PS Blog silently updated.

Limbo and Ultra Street Fighter IV will be their PS4 versions. However you will still need PS+ Deluxe or Premium for them, they will not be available on PS Extra, but they'll at least be downloadable now.

Awesome!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

saw you all were talking yakuza a couple of pages ago. as someone who knows next to nothing about the series, where does one begin?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

abelwingnut posted:

saw you all were talking yakuza a couple of pages ago. as someone who knows next to nothing about the series, where does one begin?

0 or like a dragon/7

Depends on what you like more, turn based jrpgness then go with 7, smashing streets of rage shenmue on acid style then 0. Or judgment which is a spin off unconnected to it.

Both are good starting points. 7 is new cast.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

abelwingnut posted:

0!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

alright, so start with 0, then just go consecutively up? kind of weird 0 and 7 are recommended, just from a numerical standpoint.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

alright, so start with 0, then just go consecutively up? kind of weird 0 and 7 are recommended, just from a numerical standpoint.

7 is a new cast and completely new combat system, but 0 is probably the best one, and its rewarding to play Kiwami and Kiwami 2 after.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

abelwingnut posted:

7 is a soft reboot, has a new set of main characters and switches from action brawler to turn-based RPG

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

abelwingnut posted:

0 is almost the universal choice but it will also give you the misconception that yakuza games have vaguely sensible main stories

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

0 is a lot of people’s favourite because they get to play as Majima who is the wacky jokerfied meme character everybody loves, and is also the final game in the old engine so is packed to the gills with content and nicely refined mechanics.

7 is a JRPG which put a fresh twist on things after all brawlers all in a row.

The best order to play them is either:

Numerically from 0-7 with the caveat that when you get to 3 you just put it on easy because everybody blocks everything all the time and it’s by far the roughest to play of the currently available titles, which really could have benefited from the kiwami treatment but :shrug:

Or

1-5, 0, 6-7 because when you’ve played 1-5 you’ve seen everything you’d need to understand all the little references in 0, and then 6 caps off Kiryu’s story before you go into 7 for the new format.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also if you don't want to play all of them you can probably skip 1/3/6 which are the weaker ones. 4 isn't that good either but it introduces like half the cast of Y5 which I love and I think it's alright, just not as refined as 5 is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Short Returnal question: finally found some time to play it, and slowly getting the hang of it a bit (though I'm still pretty bad). Got the first permanent upgrade, and got the first time a key to the house. Entered it and put the console in rest mode to cook some tea. When I came back, the console decided to update the system software (guess I'll disable this option for now), ending my run.

Can I enter it again, or did I permanently miss something important?