Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chglcu
May 17, 2007

I'm so bored with the USA.

where the red fern gropes posted:

you basically run into a bunch of characters that aren't dead so you know they won't die in the story up to that point (except a few that are missing, but that doesn't mean anything)

otherwise the only Major Spoiler™ is the name of the water elder dragon, which... has zero bearing on anything because it's just their name. unless you count scarlet but season 1 sucks rear end and so does she, she dies at the end of it gently caress scarlet

IIRC, If you talk to people more than the bare minimum in that intro mission, it does spoil quite a bit more than that, like the endings of the base game and the previous expansions and some other random living world stuff. I’m not sure how much of it is avoidable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

queeb posted:

guys jsut coming back after not playign since before EoD lauch, is mechanist still good? i wann blast poo poo with a robot for 0 effort.

It's damage got slightly nerfed recently but otherwise yeah, it is just as powerful and low effort as it used to be. Even more so, in fact, since you can now set all mech skills to autocast.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Amazon is giving away the Besenji pet dog whistle now. I already have it, but if one of you want it, here's the code: B99VXQ-B4L4X-H9QD-4F3-DHQX26N

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Soysaucebeast posted:

Amazon is giving away the Besenji pet dog whistle now. I already have it, but if one of you want it, here's the code: B99VXQ-B4L4X-H9QD-4F3-DHQX26N

It worked, thanks.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My computer exploded and I'm gonna miss the Halloween stuff.

Ripriprip

Mohawk Potato
Jan 15, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Ripriprip

When does that start?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

Ripriprip

oh gently caress. those candle skins you get from the dailies are really good

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Mohawk Potato posted:

When does that start?

Next Tuesday the 18th.

Pryce
May 21, 2011

chglcu posted:

IIRC, If you talk to people more than the bare minimum in that intro mission, it does spoil quite a bit more than that, like the endings of the base game and the previous expansions and some other random living world stuff. I’m not sure how much of it is avoidable.

Yeah, but they're pretty clear dialogue options that are like "HEY REMIND ME WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR??" and "WAIT SO WHAT WAS UP WITH THAT WEIRD THING THAT HAPPENED?"

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i havent finished ls4 but i kinda wanna hop into EoD so i can get the jade bot and stuff

edit: cant get over how much poo poo melts on mechanist with 0 effort, just trying to do some return achievements and im just strolling around pressing 1 and everything dies

queeb fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 11, 2022

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Pindakaas
Jul 8, 2003

I'm not a baby I'm a man! An Anchorman!

First time buying one of these outfits.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Practically perfect in every way.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The claws poking out is pretty funny. Like they tried to wear a normal shoe and they poked through and were like 'whatever'

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

It's even better on the asura.

https://twitter.com/Primordialmuk/status/1579865502012571649?t=NIAGbr4m7LFuH7xBl16vbQ&s=19

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Asura are such weird and gross little monsters

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

jokes posted:

Asura are such weird and gross little monsters

Yeah they’re great

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Gaukler posted:

Yeah they’re great

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

They kind of seem like Gremlins from the movie Gremlins

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

jokes posted:

They kind of seem like Gremlins from the movie Gremlins

Which is to say that they are great and I love them.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Just like gremlins, asura have no sense of right and wrong

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
At one point in Rata Novus, one of the holograms talk about a social mixer next week, then reminds everyone to wear clean clothes.

They will never not be Weeb Gremlins from now on in my eyes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
All my ratgoblins are the best :colbert:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

help me decide the best use of my time. i love this game so any time playing it is dope. I can either do the return achievements which i have 0 of, and by chance im also on the step of the skyscale to get 250 of each currency, so i'd be able to get both those out of the way, or i go into EoD which i havent done yet, and get the skiff/jadebot and whatnot.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

queeb posted:

help me decide the best use of my time. i love this game so any time playing it is dope. I can either do the return achievements which i have 0 of, and by chance im also on the step of the skyscale to get 250 of each currency, so i'd be able to get both those out of the way, or i go into EoD which i havent done yet, and get the skiff/jadebot and whatnot.

The skyscale is real good and useful and the return achievements get you closer to Vision, I’d say That.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

queeb posted:

Currency for sky scale

You get ALL of that from doing the RETURN TO achievements.

Failing that, bjora marches can net you like 2k ice a day in an hour, which you then trade for lws4 currency.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

queeb posted:

The Return is a great investment. You practically get a Skyscale and you get a leggy amulet.

Just knock one out a day, don't burn out on it and it goes by quickly.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

queeb posted:

do the returns and skyscale. even if you stop playing for a bit and come back you'll be closer to it and it really is great

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Also the skiff is neat and a chill thing to have but it's not super useful.

Aside from the elite specs, I don't use much from EOD.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?
I just picked up the game a couple weeks ago and got my revenant to 80 tonight. I now have no idea what to do. My personal quest more, I guess?
Anyone have a good newbie guide for people who haven't Known Stuff about this game for the last decade?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

when i was new i just went through the entire story, finished personal, then LS1/2 HoT LS 3 POF LS4/IBS, there's a TON of game there

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I just used my last exploration thingy ><. so now ill need to do anotehr 1-3 characters map completion.

holy hell is this mechanist broken. Im not even in propper gear (using svaads and not zerker) with a sunless rifle (rabid) and it just melts whatever is in front of it

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Inzombiac posted:

Also the skiff is neat and a chill thing to have but it's not super useful.

Aside from the elite specs, I don't use much from EOD.

Lowkey, the gliding boost is the best QoL thing from EoD

cams
Mar 28, 2003

played this game the month it came out then did not touch it til a few weeks ago. my review of the 1-80 story:

that was fine. i very much did not like how much i facerolled my way through the entire thing only to be frustrated that almost every mission goes to poo poo.

no, you really don't need to sacrifice yourself, i really can solo that guy.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Does anyone know what these heavy boots are? I tried finding them in the wardrobe but couldn't identify them. They look pretty neato:

Edit: vvv Thanks!

Hakarne fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 13, 2022

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jackal_Rune_Greaves

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

So I have an 80 engineer alt that I have basically just been using for flax farming that I want to make useful for other types of farming. What is the preferred easy OP mechanist build now? Is it a condition one or a power one? I know very little about the spec. My engie alt basically has nothing now so easy to acquire exotics would be nice.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Power is great and cheap to build. On my phone so I can’t look at my full traits but I’m pretty sure it’s Firearms + Explosives and picking the ones with the most damage boost for each option.

Dragon prefix weapons from EoD are often cheaper than zerker on the TP if you’re especially tight on budget.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

So I have an 80 engineer alt that I have basically just been using for flax farming that I want to make useful for other types of farming. What is the preferred easy OP mechanist build now? Is it a condition one or a power one? I know very little about the spec. My engie alt basically has nothing now so easy to acquire exotics would be nice.

explosives 313
firearms 332
mechanist 331

berserker gear, rifle

use the signets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dzurlord
Nov 5, 2011
So I got my first character to 80, and am messing around with Pink Floaty Knives. Which is fun and all, but I've just gotten through the first Thorns map and it seems like I'm really feeling the lack of non raptor mounts, and the jade bots seem helpful and... so should I jump through some living world or other xpack content and then come back? Something else?