Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Chazani posted:

I was Diamond in this game earlier, and play primarily FPS games. It is certainly possible, but doubt silver is constantly that high level competition

And to add, I don't particularly mind being low ranked in itself. I just feel most of the matches are way too easy and would prefer better matches.

I think the PBSR might be broken, like it might heavily consider your stats when it comes to rank gain. Hard to confirm, because Blizzard hid those SR gains and losses from the player!

edit: https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/#patch-2022-10-13

blizzard posted:

Many players were ranked too low during the first week of Overwatch 2, so we are implementing a boost as players continue to play games for those affected by this issue.

the cynic in me has me thinking that this means that they overtuned the performance based rating poo poo for lower ranks

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Has something gone deeply wrong with comp matchmaking again because I just played three bronze 5 games as support where we got utterly annihilated 3 games in a row. Literally didn’t even have time to earn an ultimate in any of them.

An another bitter complaint, I used to be an Ana main but the overall healing buffs in OW2 has frankly made her unplayable for me. I shouldn’t have to hit a Cassidy five times dead on just for him to survive because a Lucio briefly skated past :(

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hashy posted:

Has there been any comment on why the netcode is so hosed up and people will warp around the screen if you get a little spike or join a server in another country where it never did that in overwatch 1
this is happening for me as well, but it was also happening in OW1 a few weeks before OW2 launch and with greater frequency. restarting my computer always fixed it, but it would come back if I closed OW and restarted it later. closing/restarting Bnet didn't do anything.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

More like, Oops I maxed out my credit card.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
So dva zarya genji and sombra are all gonna get nerfed apparently? I dont love playing into either dps right now as a support main but im probably more interested in the tank nerfs. I never played either of them before ow2 but they feel super good right now compared to every other tank so i think its fair. Id like some kind of hammond buff but i can live without it. Hes still perfectly playable in bronze 3 and actually feels less countered by sombra at this rank than he was in 1

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

So dva zarya genji and sombra are all gonna get nerfed apparently? I dont love playing into either dps right now as a support main but im probably more interested in the tank nerfs. I never played either of them before ow2 but they feel super good right now compared to every other tank so i think its fair. Id like some kind of hammond buff but i can live without it. Hes still perfectly playable in bronze 3 and actually feels less countered by sombra at this rank than he was in 1

Zarya is primarily because her bubbles have zero downtime in Total Mayhem. It will be pretty funny if they nerf her just because of TM.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

The most recent article I've seen said they aren't planning any major buffs or nerfs currently except for Zarya in Total Mayhem.

That said yeah Sombra and Genji are both annoying as hell right now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Im pretty shocked to hear them identify sombra and genji but not sojourn

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Huh so i saw a tweet from what i thought was the official ow account about those 4 characters being looked at for balance changes but the play overwatch account doesnt have anything so i might have been wrong

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Genji wouldn't quite be as ubiquitous if Torbjorn was playable

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Huh so i saw a tweet from what i thought was the official ow account about those 4 characters being looked at for balance changes but the play overwatch account doesnt have anything so i might have been wrong

The blog post mentioned those four (including that zarya's issues related to TM), though it said they weren't being changed until S2 I believe because the win rates are still fairly close

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 15, 2022

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else find the robot push maps tough as a healer? Granted I suck but man those maps just seem to have a ton of flanking spots and when the robot zips around you have to have your head on a gd swivel.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Countblanc posted:

The blog post mentioned those four (including that zarya's issues related to TM), though it said they weren't being changed into S2 I believe because the win rates are still fairly close

The blog post implied that we wouldn't see much til S2 (Zarya in TM would have been fixed on the 25th), but they might have changed their minds or not communicated it properly at first:

https://twitter.com/aaronkellerOW/status/1581050980174479361

I would GUESS this'll be lined up for the patch on the 25th that they already announced.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Mind over Matter posted:

The most recent article I've seen said they aren't planning any major buffs or nerfs currently except for Zarya in Total Mayhem.

That said yeah Sombra and Genji are both annoying as hell right now.

They should just have separate balances for Mystery Heroes and Total Mayhem and modes like that.

MH is pretty rough with the buffed tanks right now, IMO.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Queue times are even worse than they were in OW1

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Megazver posted:

They should just have separate balances for Mystery Heroes and Total Mayhem and modes like that.

MH is pretty rough with the buffed tanks right now, IMO.

You'll get no argument from me, I've given up on MH and TM both for now.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

so are you enjoying this game, or

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Jack Trades posted:

It’s only you

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Mystery heroes queue time 10 seconds. :blastu:
Edit: second time 10 seconds.
EDIT2: 13 seconds!. Servers are meltinggggggg!!!

Issaries fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Oct 15, 2022

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Jack Trades posted:

game itself can be perfectly fine but this is what's going to kill it

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

I don't even bother looking at the first two queues and I feel better off for it.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
quickplay with no role limit is almost instant and doesn't make you feel like you're trapped in hell, so imo it's the ideal way of playing the game. Playing support and your team just isn't getting things done? Swap to Winston or Reaper or Junkrat and exploit the hole in the enemy's team comp, and someone else can go support if they want. Maybe the situation you're in calls for 2 tanks? Go for it. 3 DPS? Yeah sure!

it's just so obviously the way the game is meant to be played (bc it's literally how the game was on launch, minus the ability to have duplicate heroes)

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Jack Trades posted:

That's a lie. Dps used to be straight 15 minute queues. Supports were regularly 10.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

depends on your rank

I've been finding that my actual queue times are regularly less than what's advertised

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

No role queue is a completely broken game if more than one player picks a tank though. It’s just as silly as mystery or mayhem.

We’ve had very low queues playing at night EST.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

It wouldn't bother me if they took away all buttons except "all" but it's still 1-2-2. "This is the game of overwatch. Flexing is the game"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How do you count down at the start? I see some players using a voice emote to do it :o:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Zzulu posted:

How do you count down at the start? I see some players using a voice emote to do it :o:

Look at your key settings. That is one of the bindable commands.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

headcase posted:

It wouldn't bother me if they took away all buttons except "all" but it's still 1-2-2. "This is the game of overwatch. Flexing is the game"

This, with some amount of "bad luck" protection where you always play tank once and DPS + support twice for every 5 games, is exactly what I want competitive queue OW to be

Save role queue for Master and up or something where you're a bit more specialized I guess

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

They should reward flex queue more.
1000 xp per game and you'll see people grind their battlepass.

100 xp is nothing. 1 level per 100 matches.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

Bottom Liner posted:

No role queue is a completely broken game if more than one player picks a tank though. It’s just as silly as mystery or mayhem.

We’ve had very low queues playing at night EST.

i like the open queue goats meta. except when my team doesn't play it.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Are there any discords to play this with goons?

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Someone tell me not to spend 20 dollars on a skin

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Shoegazing posted:

don't.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Shoegazing posted:

don't give blizzard any money

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Shoegazing posted:

do not

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
no skin in this game is worth remotely $20. i cant even begin to guess which one you're considering

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009

dogstile posted:

That's a lie. Dps used to be straight 15 minute queues. Supports were regularly 10.

support had 10 minute ques? What the gently caress game where you playing... I mostly play support and never had a que of more then a few minutes (OW1 or OW2).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Biaga posted:

support had 10 minute ques? What the gently caress game where you playing... I mostly play support and never had a que of more then a few minutes (OW1 or OW2).

Higher ranks in every game have a longer queue than other modes. OW was particularly bad though nowhere near the old LoL with 45 minute queues.