Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
2nd ep of The Game begins with Liz explaining the Deleuzian rhizome. Strapping in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Brace has had a really crazy life

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Brace has had a really crazy life

The more you get out there and run against the world, you’re gonna generate more light and heat. Most boring people on earth never struggled and never traveled. Two of the most enlightening things you can do.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
For those counting, it took 3 episodes for Jolly West to appear.

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Ep3's opening is a brutal listen. This series has been excellent and harrowing, production on point as always.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Brace is going to give the monarch school guy 6 reasons to sit down on the record for the podcast

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
This is the next level of True Crime Podcast where you document a crime you are about to commit:

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

masterpine posted:

Ep3's opening is a brutal listen. This series has been excellent and harrowing, production on point as always.

I had to stop listening when they started to address the audience. How did they produce that segment? Did they write and find actors? Pretty incredible. I hope they get some recognition for this series.

It has some solid connections that are so often missing from conspiracy theories, and that plus the really personal element of it should spur some mainstream interest.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Haven’t listened to the Synanon stuff yet. What’s it about?

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Seams posted:

Haven’t listened to the Synanon stuff yet. What’s it about?

another mid century self-improvement fad that turned into an abuse cult, and is apparently an inspiration for many "troubled teen" alternative schools, including the one Brace was sent to.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

masterpine posted:

it ruled. real theater of the mind poo poo

e:

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Brace is going to give the monarch school guy 6 reasons to sit down on the record for the podcast
$5 said liz had to specifically tell brace NOT to bring his gun

TenementFunster fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 7, 2022

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
All of the Synanon stuff has been brutal to listen to. The production and actual quality of the podcasting is incredibly high though.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I had to stop listening when they started to address the audience. How did they produce that segment? Did they write and find actors? Pretty incredible. I hope they get some recognition for this series.

It has some solid connections that are so often missing from conspiracy theories, and that plus the really personal element of it should spur some mainstream interest.

I think one of the actors is Yung Chomsky, sounds like it at least. They probably got some friends to do it I guess?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Cached Money posted:

I think one of the actors is Yung Chomsky, sounds like it at least. They probably got some friends to do it I guess?

The voices are listed in the episode notes.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Ep 3 The Game

"Do you think your dead baby would be proud of you?"

Now that's what I call posting! I cannot help but see the parallels of 4chan, Facebook, and our own very forums. Why is this destructive ritual reinvented every generation?

Exodus1984
Feb 18, 2005

Eastern Europe Episode IV: A New Hope. I love President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. I understand and appreciate the precarious position the Ukrainians are navigating. I wish I could set up a 401(UA) fund from my paycheck to directly contribute my earnings to Ukraine's success.
The end of the first part of this series was infuriating. I cannot stop thinking about why anyone would do that sort of thing to a kid, no matter how obstinate they are.

40-Degree Day
Sep 24, 2012

Cannot stop thinking about the end of ep 5.

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012
i almost teared up listening. i cant imagine what it would be like to go through what brace went through, and then have the opportunity to kind of confront the person that made it all possible.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Does he ever explain why it never occurred to him to just behave the minimum amount it took to not get thrown into rich kid gulag?

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Dr.Radical posted:

Does he ever explain why it never occurred to him to just behave the minimum amount it took to not get thrown into rich kid gulag?

:allbuttons:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

go gently caress yourself. i hope to loving god you're not a parent

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dr.Radical posted:

drat this post really sucks

BB2K
Oct 9, 2012

Dr.Radical posted:

lol u absolute psychopath

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Lmao sorry couldn’t resist

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol great troll u really got us

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Jokes on you i was only pretending

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m sorry I made light of your podcast friend’s rough childhood on this dead gay comedy forum. Something he would certainly never do

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Dr.Radical posted:

I’m sorry I made light of your podcast friend’s rough childhood on this dead gay comedy forum. Something he would certainly never do

Please continue to double down on this

emo-ignorance
Jun 12, 2020

whatever happened to don't feed the trolls? anyway the series was heartbreaking and extremely well-done. yung chomsky is a great composer!! it's nice that we get to get a lil taste of his talents beyond podcast producing/editing (which, when done well, is mostly invisible).

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

have true anon ever done an episode about these types of stunts

it sure looks like an op but I've never seen proof of that

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1580871986795843584

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Maybe I'm in the wrong thread for this, but you'll just drive yourself crazy if you assume that everything that could be an op is an op.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I take the Who's Line approach: everything is an op and the ops don't matter.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

JustStopOil was co-founded by a Getty and currently has multiple billionaires on its board so let that marinate your brain for awhile

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dr.Radical posted:

That’s not how kids’ brains usually work.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Big Bidness posted:

JustStopOil was co-founded by a Getty and currently has multiple billionaires on its board so let that marinate your brain for awhile

Would love to see these people asked why they’re not the ones doing the direct actions, as they have so much more ability to not be negatively impacted personally by it?

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

emo-ignorance posted:

yung chomsky is a great composer!! it's nice that we get to get a lil taste of his talents beyond podcast producing/editing (which, when done well, is mostly invisible).

Yung Chomsky's account located

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Maybe I'm in the wrong thread for this, but you'll just drive yourself crazy if you assume that everything that could be an op is an op.

Things cannot be real dude (the podcast)

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

have true anon ever done an episode about these types of stunts

it sure looks like an op but I've never seen proof of that

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1580871986795843584

i have no proof but can tell you with certainty that these types of dorks are 105% op

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Fully skipping the SynAnon stuff, troubled teens are too triggering for me, I’m sorry Brace’s parents felt like they had to do that to ‘em. I’m glad you folks are enjoying but I hope they get back to demon worshipping Mormon Death & sex cults or something lighter soon.

Have they ever done an episode about Jared Leto? I feel like they could do a baller episode about Jared Leto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Think this is the first episode I'm just skipped after a few minutes. I don't give a poo poo to hear about ghosts or spirits.