Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Pretty sure conditional effects (eg. target health, my health, turn, etc) get applied in a second pass so the other effect would be applied first despite die position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Tann posted:

Nice! Broken Spirit warlock vs hexia must have died so fast.

Honestly I don't even know if he did anything. I think he gave me 2 mana, died to spell burn, but gave Bash +2 shields for a bigger poison steel hit on Hexia (and Bash immediately died from that)? Was a liability the entire run except one specific floor where I used the 13 damage spell to kill a Troll from 13 HP

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, Ace really requires the entire party to be working with him but when he works he REALLY works. I managed to get a Silk Cape and Leather Gloves on him and had the entire rest of my party setup so they had as many 3 pip dice as possible. I even turned down my last yellow class upgrade because it'd change its sides to be less compatible, heh. Game even rewarded me with an Infinity so the entire final boss fight was over in one turn.

Edit: Later in the run I had the three item slots blessing, Egg Basket, Silk Cape and Leather Gloves. I put them on the Wizard. It was extremely funny. I feel like Silk Cape is probably the most overpowered item in the game, most classes have their best side be the leftmost after all.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 14, 2022

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
I gave a statue a bag of knives and I love it.

and the claw won!
Jul 10, 2008

The takeaway from these stats is to block or heal sparingly, and instead simply kill the enemy.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

and the claw won! posted:

The takeaway from these stats is to block or heal sparingly, and instead simply kill the enemy.

Dead mobs don't hurt you*

* grave will still gently caress you up though if you don't take care of it

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
This is the only phone game I really enjoy and I will be playing it on the plane. Thank you and god bless.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

and the claw won! posted:

They can't kill me if they're dead

More importantly I can't misplay on floor 20 if my first round is like 30 damage and two of my guys explode anyways

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
Basalt is a real piece of work if the stars don't align for its passive gimmick.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
First game of 2.0, saved the game at dragon on hard. Re-open the game, then stare at the first level confused a bit before I realize that I loaded a new game on accident :thumbsup:. I don't suppose there is an easy way to get my old game back? Not that 30 minutes of lost game time is really that valuable.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 14, 2022

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Emerald shard and someone equipped with blessed water and terrarium interact really weird. The blessed water always seems to take priority for copying

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Pain of Mind posted:

First game of 2.0, saved the game at dragon on hard. Re-open the game, then stare at the first level confused a bit before I realize that I loaded a new game on accident :thumbsup:. I don't suppose there is an easy way to get my old game back? Not that 30 minutes of lost game time is really that valuable.
Sometimes people go to a different mode by mistake? Saves are stored per-mode. Though if you clicked past the "Warning, this will overwrite your in-progress game" there is no way.

ilmucche posted:

Emerald shard and someone equipped with blessed water and terrarium interact really weird. The blessed water always seems to take priority for copying
Emerald shard copied other heroes top to bottom (from orange to blue). I don't know what the problem is exactly though, share a paste string next time :)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

poe meater posted:

This is the only phone game I really enjoy and I will be playing it on the plane. Thank you and god bless.

I tried that and couldn't, it needed to sign in.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Tann posted:

Emerald shard copied other heroes top to bottom (from orange to blue). I don't know what the problem is exactly though, share a paste string next time :)

Ah maybe I was reading it wrong!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
The jester is my favourite. Might even be a little OP.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I have no idea how people beat the harder difficulties in this game, I can barely beat easy :sweatdrop:

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Are the blessing and curse points meant to be on the same scale? I feel like 4 points of curse is much worse than 4 points of blessings

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
I aced easy my first shot on 2.0, but normal is kicking my rear end. My record is 15 so far. Loving unlucky everything!

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

AG3 posted:

I have no idea how people beat the harder difficulties in this game, I can barely beat easy :sweatdrop:

It's a matter of familiarity. Knowing which classes and items are generally good/bad, knowing which classes and items become good/bad based on other classes and items, knowing how to handle different bosses, knowing how far you can push your luck with rolls (generally speaking, more conservative play is better), etc.

The most important things (that I think were mentioned upthread but deserve repeating) are don't spend savable mana unless it saves a character/kills something important (like by preventing a summon side from going off) and don't overshield if you can help it. Also cleanse sides are the most important sides, you need at least one source of cleanse (even if it forces a suboptimal red or gray class pick) if you want to succeed in the later levels.

Just keep playing and soon you'll be looping curse runs multiple times every go.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

You know, the +1 left side curse is almost never that significant. Except the Basalt's summon side is its left side. Very few parties can deal with two Slates at once, as it turns out. Lost my long as hell Blursed run so close to the 21 curses unlock... On the plus side if Cursed Hyper counts for that unlock that should go, uh, significantly faster, in theory.

Basalt's whole gimmick is so insanely annoying. He's like the boss that says "Oh, you thought the +1 to all sides during a boss fight blessing was good? Haha, no."

Edit: Cursed Hyper is an utter nonsense mode and I'm all for it. Are Tweaks in other modes and just rare? I got my first one in my first run and it gave me -2 to all HP values, enemy and hero, and it turned everything into rocket tag. Really fun.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 14, 2022

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Big Mad Drongo posted:

It's a matter of familiarity. Knowing which classes and items are generally good/bad, knowing which classes and items become good/bad based on other classes and items, knowing how to handle different bosses, knowing how far you can push your luck with rolls (generally speaking, more conservative play is better), etc.

The most important things (that I think were mentioned upthread but deserve repeating) are don't spend savable mana unless it saves a character/kills something important (like by preventing a summon side from going off) and don't overshield if you can help it. Also cleanse sides are the most important sides, you need at least one source of cleanse (even if it forces a suboptimal red or gray class pick) if you want to succeed in the later levels.

Just keep playing and soon you'll be looping curse runs multiple times every go.

Honestly since cleanse got nerfed I really don't think you need it in literally every team now. It's still useful (and a fantastic reason to pick Doctor) but getting a cleanse 2 cleave doesn't go anywhere near as far as it used to. There are plenty of other options worth considering between dodges, redirects, revives, stuns, and just plain old damage.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 14, 2022

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Arzaac posted:

Honestly since cleanse got nerfed I really don't think you need it in literally every team now. It's still useful (and a fantastic reason to pick Doctor) but getting a cleanse 2 cleave doesn't go anywhere near as far as it used to. There are plenty of other options worth considering between dodges, redirects, revives, stuns, and just plain old damage.

I just completed my first hard run with no cleanse. Picked the +1 wisp in every fight curse and honestly had an easier run than some of my normal runs!

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I don't think cleanse is absolutely vital for dealing with the back half of the game, but it's something you keenly feel the absence of in the worst case (get some unlucky rolls on bosses with poison cleave/heavy poison).

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I won my first unfair run without using any cleanse.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Wax Seal's wording really made me think that was going to work differently.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

I have created the ultimate Statue.

Just roll until it dies, then revive it with the Surgeon. It was amazing.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Been dicking around with Loot mode. Nearly got a win on Easy, but died on 17 due to losing a few rolls. It's funny how critical your starting dudes are since it's all you have to build off of. I want four item slots instead of 3, but also understand that it's probably a UI/engine limitation.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011

Jedit posted:

Idk if it needed to I have the game running in the background already but it worked fine for me on the plane

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I managed to get my first Hard win with the sandstorm(4) curse. Losing 10 distributed points every 2 turns is surprisingly manageable with a good healer/shield build.
Paladin - Shaman saved my rear end many times and Ritual was a loving staple.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Oct 15, 2022

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Arrrrgghhhhh just had a run with

2x ludus + myco
Leather gloves
Ballet shoes
Dumbbell

Then I got forced to replace myco after round 19... Into hexia :negative:

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

norp posted:

2x ludus + myco
Leather gloves
Ballet shoes
Dumbbell

I thought upgrading classes was optional in the new version

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Sacrificial Toast posted:

I have created the ultimate Statue.

Just roll until it dies, then revive it with the Surgeon. It was amazing.

That is a banger of a statue :cheers:

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

norp posted:

2x ludus + myco
Leather gloves
Ballet shoes
Dumbbell

Unless it was a quirk of the mode you were on you can opt to not change classes

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Oh drat, how did I forget (not notice?) that

I came within 3 damage of killing hexia as well... I would have crushed with the 50% hero revive die

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Statue is the best, I can't not pick it when it's an option. Got the replace all blank sides with +1 mana and the set all mana sides to 2 on it, yaaas

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Busted combos are hilarious, I just kept rolling until I had enough mana to just kill everything.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Cantrip combos are all well and good until something puts Pain on you

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

That's why you also gotta have someone with a cantrip revive.

Tann
Apr 1, 2009

Arzaac posted:

That's why you also gotta have someone with a cantrip revive.
Sorry, revive + cantrip doesn't work because I didn't want to fix the physics bugs!

Jedit posted:

Not sure what you needed to sign in to, I tried to avoid any of that.

Tann fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Oct 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

johnny park posted:

Cantrip combos are all well and good until something puts Pain on you

sounds like you need a thimble, friend