Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider
Genshin Impact Nil.O: Vendors shouldn't use manipulative tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I wonder if Nahida's expressions (or lack of them) in the beta is because of a bug, if its permanent or if it'll be a case where they change as the patches continue. It looks like shes very somber in the 3.2 story, maybe once her quest open up and you finish them they'll switch to happy Nahida again like Raiden Shogun getting new voice lines based on Ei.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I wonder if Nahida's expressions (or lack of them) in the beta is because of a bug, if its permanent or if it'll be a case where they change as the patches continue. It looks like shes very somber in the 3.2 story, maybe once her quest open up and you finish them they'll switch to happy Nahida again like Raiden Shogun getting new voice lines based on Ei.
From the trials in her story quest, I really did wonder which version the playable Raiden Shogun is supposed to be. In the story, Ei is in control there, but her barks sounded more like the puppet to me.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Playable Raiden is both. Its mostly Raiden Shogun, but after you finish 3.3 she gets a few lines in between that remind you Ei is in there too. Most of them are in the character profile though

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

FractalSandwich posted:

From the trials in her story quest, I really did wonder which version the playable Raiden Shogun is supposed to be. In the story, Ei is in control there, but her barks sounded more like the puppet to me.
I'd sort of assumed it was the robot until the sword gets pulled out. ofc this implies that Raiden ONLY comes outside to execute people.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

No Wave posted:

I'd sort of assumed it was the robot until the sword gets pulled out. ofc this implies that Raiden ONLY comes outside to execute people.

I mean given her role for Makoto it's absolutely what she feels the most comfortable doing.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

No Wave posted:

Where's the lie?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The Raiden Shogun doesn't breathe, so it's the puppet all throughout.

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 15, 2022

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
In the teapot it's probably always Ei. There's one line in particular where she's pretending to be the robot; you can tell because she straight up says it.

They always hide the good stuff in the teapot.

Also I am absolutely not getting nahida until next time she runs around: 2 pulls on Nilou banner (~40 pity?) and I get her, then 10 on the weapon banner, where I learned you can get characters, and then 2 on Albedo and I got him off the 50/50. I assume this is his apology for the last time he ran and I accidentally hit the eula banner and got her instead. why can't my gacha luck be this good elsewhere

Also as cool as Nilou is (and she is delightful), it feels like she'd work better with two proper dendro. Collei alone doesn't poo poo out a million blooms unless you've got a burst (and having her out when everything around you is exploding feels unsafe), and dendro mc is just absolutely glacial unless you've got her burst out, and also constantly up.

Nilou would probably make a sweet freeze enabler for ayaka, though. She's like barbara, but without the bit where you can turn yourself into a popsicle. Also more range.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The Raiden Shogun doesn't breath, so it's the puppet all throughout.

Breathing or not breathing is a lie. Like the dead hilchurls that were still breathing (super disappointed they fixed that, btw. Sumeru's just drowning in dead hilchurls, and it's a lot less funny when they're perfectly still).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

ninjoatse.cx posted:

The Raiden Shogun doesn't breath, so it's the puppet all throughout.

Ei doesn't have a separate body! When she "comes out" she is just taking control of the puppet from shogunbot. You can see this pretty clearly in the second Raiden story quest.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, she got rid of her original body. Now there is only the puppet and her own disembodied soul that can take control when she wants to.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
To think there are people out there who would pull for nilou AND albedo AND weapon, even without having nahida guaranteed... very hosed up+evil imo

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
With the new 4star sword, what are opinions on refining it? It doesn't seem widely useful and the bonus recharge is kind of low unless you refine. Ignoring there might be future characters for it, giving the best copy I can make to Kazuha seems like it makes the most sense?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

MoonCrab posted:

To think there are people out there who would pull for nilou AND albedo AND weapon, even without having nahida guaranteed... very hosed up+evil imo

saving gems is for squares, spend all that poo poo the second you get it imo. especially if it'll make your maid more powerful.

it is sad that nilou's gonna have to make do with this fav sword though. Especially since the filet blade looks pretty good with her.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Zenostein posted:

saving gems is for squares, spend all that poo poo the second you get it imo. especially if it'll make your maid more powerful.

Yeah, nah.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Genshin is my spending game while I save in other games I care about more.

Edit: Also that's only like 140 pulls wtf.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like to convert primogems to fates every time I get 160 primos just because I like to see the rainbow fates stack up

I know some people say that's "dangerous" because there's a chance you could misclick and buy acquaint fates instead, but a) that's never happened to me, and b) even if it did I'm rarely buying more than one intertwined fate at a time so it would be like "lol whoops" at worst if it did happen

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

Edit: Also that's only like 140 pulls wtf.
I've only been playing for two months and I've already spent 175. Let me have this!

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Harrow posted:

I like to convert primogems to fates every time I get 160 primos just because I like to see the rainbow fates stack up

I know some people say that's "dangerous" because there's a chance you could misclick and buy acquaint fates instead, but a) that's never happened to me, and b) even if it did I'm rarely buying more than one intertwined fate at a time so it would be like "lol whoops" at worst if it did happen

Yeah I also find it easier to just keep track of fates spent than raw primos.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Harrow posted:

I used to do that, then I went to pick up my controller after putting it down to take a phone call, fumbled it, grabbed it with my thumb on the triangle button and accidently used 10 wishes, getting Zhonglis C1 and using up my pity guarantee when I'd been planning on using them to roll on the other banner for Ganyu who I didnt have. Now I only buy fates when I'm about to roll, because then if I accidently hit the ten-roll button it'll ask if I want to convert primos to fates. In the long run not the end of the world, I got Ganyu next time she ran, and Zhonglis C1 is... Okay, its not brilliant tbh, but still. At the time I was pretty annoyed.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah I prefer to keep them as primos because I had that happen too, only it was because I hit the wish menu instead of the BP menu which are right next to each other and the button combo to claim BP exp in the menu is R1->Triangle, which in the wish menu takes you to either the second character banner or the weapon banner if there's only one featured banner going and does a fate 10-pull with no questions asked.

I can't remember what banner it was but I think I only got like a 4* weapon on that pull so it helped with pity at least.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

haypliss posted:

With the new 4star sword, what are opinions on refining it? It doesn't seem widely useful and the bonus recharge is kind of low unless you refine. Ignoring there might be future characters for it, giving the best copy I can make to Kazuha seems like it makes the most sense?

I'd say hold onto it. The refinement doesn't bump the bonus ER up much and the bonus is stackable, so we only need 2 characters who can use it to beat refined copies.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Harrow posted:

SiKboy posted:

I used to do that, then I went to pick up my controller after putting it down to take a phone call, fumbled it, grabbed it with my thumb on the triangle button and accidently used 10 wishes, getting Zhonglis C1 and using up my pity guarantee when I'd been planning on using them to roll on the other banner for Ganyu who I didnt have. Now I only buy fates when I'm about to roll, because then if I accidently hit the ten-roll button it'll ask if I want to convert primos to fates. In the long run not the end of the world, I got Ganyu next time she ran, and Zhonglis C1 is... Okay, its not brilliant tbh, but still. At the time I was pretty annoyed.

I also don't convert them to fates. It's just a matter of how clumsy you are, honestly.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
drat Diluc is looking pretty good. And people kept saying he's boring to play :confused: He has a fast burst rotation, low energy requirements, and on field you mix 1-2 infused NAs between using his skill 3x. Does anyone ever use his charged attack?

I guess a problem with Diluc is the same problem as Hu Tao rotations where they want a shielder for optimal rotations but then how the hell are you supposed to setup pyro swirls for VV without a 2nd pyro to apply pyro beforehand? Xinyan and Thoma are crap shielders and in both cases you'd have to setup the shield first, swirl pyro, and then use XQ after swirling which cuts into your pyro DPS field time in the window where VV shred is still active. Bennett has none of these problems if you can live without a shielder.

Bennett being better at everything :argh: He's not even a shielder but he's still the best option.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Harrow posted:

A feature I would love to see: on domains, I'd love it if instead of showing "recommended elements," it also showed required elements. You can never tell if a domain's "recommended" elements are actually meaningless or whether you need a character of that element to complete the domain. It'd be nice to know if I'm actually required to switch up my team for a domain or if it's just suggested.

domains need to tell me if an archer is required. i'm looking at you, sumeru domains with the floating dendro targets.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sanctum posted:

drat Diluc is looking pretty good. And people kept saying he's boring to play :confused: He has a fast burst rotation, low energy requirements, and on field you mix 1-2 infused NAs between using his skill 3x. Does anyone ever use his charged attack?

I guess a problem with Diluc is the same problem as Hu Tao rotations where they want a shielder for optimal rotations but then how the hell are you supposed to setup pyro swirls for VV without a 2nd pyro to apply pyro beforehand? Xinyan and Thoma are crap shielders and in both cases you'd have to setup the shield first, swirl pyro, and then use XQ after swirling which cuts into your pyro DPS field time in the window where VV shred is still active. Bennett has none of these problems if you can live without a shielder.

Bennett being better at everything :argh: He's not even a shielder but he's still the best option.
Don't need a shielder. Xingqiu provides stagger resistance, damage resistance, AND heals you when you get hit. Yelan Diluc feels much worse to play than Xiluc for this reason. This is one of the reasons people complained so much about cyno's stagger resistance, unlike diluc and hu tao people werent running him with xingqiu.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Also if you're somehow playing without bennett DIluc can still easily access pyro swirls since he can use his burst or the first of his 3 skill charges, swap to an anemo unit, and swap back without losing all his buffs or ending his rotation

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I had a rude awakening when I tried using Yelan instead of Xingqiu on the national team. No cryo infuse, no resistance to interruption, no micro shielding, no micro healing. All things you take for granted but matter.

No self-hydro application for Yelan at least. :shobon: She is up there with Kazuha and Sayu as a game-changer for world exploration.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

what's the difference between this song and the magic edamame bean I've been using to do this?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The bean was just used to call over the Aranara who was chilling with you, the song lets you do it without the Aranara needing to be around.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Nilou: hot, but useless :(

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Also if you're somehow playing without bennett DIluc can still easily access pyro swirls since he can use his burst or the first of his 3 skill charges, swap to an anemo unit, and swap back without losing all his buffs or ending his rotation

I don't think Bennett is real.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Bennett hit Friendship 10! Now I can kick him out of the teapot.

Koboje
Sep 20, 2005

Quack
I am fairly new at Genshining, gotten to recently exploring Liyue and the story and got some questions and observation OP did not answer fully.

Are the Elemental reactions interchangable as far as damage is concerned if all other factors are equal?

The Traveler bugs me a bit, my MC girl is dead silent throughout all these events and the story while Paimon keeps blathering fully voiced, it feels like Paimon is my main character and the Traveler is just another Pokemon like the other characters I collected, except I cant talk to her, so she has even less of a presence. I guess she would only comment on things in the wild if I had her out and about, but her silence elsewhere makes me doubt it, even if I can plainly see she has a lot of voice lines in her Profile.

Related to previous point, right now Traveler has Anemo and Geo stuffs to switch between, neither feels that good in a fight compared to my alternatives so she is relegated to being brought out when I need a rock drop to reach an Oculi. Not knowing the meta stuff much, is she viable to develop with fun other Magic stuffs to switch between or coming up? Or just viable at all?

Eating foods, what effects can you stack, or is it just whatever highest modifier for any specific thing that matters? Right now I am munching one of each type of buff before tough fights

Just to confirm what I suspect, Fates never go on sale do they?

Oh yeah, what does Friendship level/points mean?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Koboje posted:

I am fairly new at Genshining, gotten to recently exploring Liyue and the story and got some questions and observation OP did not answer fully.

Are the Elemental reactions interchangable as far as damage is concerned if all other factors are equal?

The Traveler bugs me a bit, my MC girl is dead silent throughout all these events and the story while Paimon keeps blathering fully voiced, it feels like Paimon is my main character and the Traveler is just another Pokemon like the other characters I collected, except I cant talk to her, so she has even less of a presence. I guess she would only comment on things in the wild if I had her out and about, but her silence elsewhere makes me doubt it, even if I can plainly see she has a lot of voice lines in her Profile.

Related to previous point, right now Traveler has Anemo and Geo stuffs to switch between, neither feels that good in a fight compared to my alternatives so she is relegated to being brought out when I need a rock drop to reach an Oculi. Not knowing the meta stuff much, is she viable to develop with fun other Magic stuffs to switch between or coming up? Or just viable at all?

Eating foods, what effects can you stack, or is it just whatever highest modifier for any specific thing that matters? Right now I am munching one of each type of buff before tough fights

Elemental reactions aren't interchangeable. Vaporize and Melt are multipliers, so they scale the best with attack/crit. The other reactions depend on only Level and EM and have inherent constant factors, with I think Overload being the highest and Superconduct the lowest.

You will be happier if you accept Paimon into your heart, as she ain't going away.

Geo Traveler is decent but tricky to play. Dendro Traveler (when you get to Sumeru) is currently good, but it remains to be seen whether that's because we have no Dendro alternatives right now.

Fates go on "sale" in the form of the one-time double bonuses, which refresh rarely (once a year I think).

Friendship doesn't have any gameplay effects, it gives some cosmetic content like namecards.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Buying welkin and logging in every day is effectively the best "fates on sale" ratio we're ever going to get. Even counting the yearly "first-time purchase bonus" reset.

Foods of different categories can exist simultaneously - ie 1 offense, 1 defense & 1 utility. Potions just get 1 slot, you have to choose between offense or defense.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Koboje posted:

There is a lot of complexity to dig into if you're really interested, but it's not necessary at all to play the game. For example, even with vaporize and melt there is a difference in multiplier depending whether pyro was applied first or second. The difference is either 1.5x damage or 2x damage.

I like Geo Traveler on a F2P account, because she does decent damage, but I know many people don't like how her meteorites clog up the battle field. Electro traveler isn't great, but Dendro traveler sees some good use right now because there aren't a lot of dendro chars. Everyone wishes the traveler talked more and paimon less.

Foods are less of a thing in the end game, except in specific situations, but all throughout the midgame there are very useful, imo. I honestly can't remember off hand which stack exactly, but I remember using crit foods + 1 elemental boost + stam regen...

Something some people do as you reach the higher ARs (45+) that you start making friendship teams to farm the friendship points you get from spending resin and from the daily commissions. This gives you a chance to play with characters you don't normally use. It's not necessary in the long term because you can put these characters in your teapot to passively harvest friendship points, but that will take quite a lot longer. The benefit is some more conversations in the teapot + the namecard you can get for getting to friendship level 10. There are some achievements for a certain amount of maxed friendships.

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

Koboje posted:

They are not. Here's the short version for the relative damage levels of reactions.

If you want all the details, you can take a look at this wiki article on Fandom.

quote:

They just unlock voice lines & character stories in the character's profile, dialogue options in the Teapot, and a background for your player profile if you get it to 10.

quote:

Dendro Traveler is a viable option for reaction teams. You can alternatively use your free Collei (or pull for Nahida next patch), but investing in leveling Dendro Traveler gets you levels in all past and future Traveler elements as well. Anemo Traveler works for applying the Viridescent Venerer artifact set debuff - which is important for many teams - if you don't have a more meta Anemo character, and Geo Traveler is a decent option in Geo teams if you don't have all the Geo characters that are best-in-slot.

EDIT: Removed redundancy with other posts.

cranky corvid fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Oct 15, 2022

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014
Is there a barrier that blocks newbie access to Sumeru? If not (or if it's just tough enemies), you could always do a trek over the mountains from Liyue to unlock a statue

On a similar note I was surprised to see some 12-13,000 overload numbers the other day when my hyperbloom raiden zapped some pyro infused hilichurls. How closer is that to the upper limit for overload?

Lobsterpillar fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Koboje posted:

When you say viable, I will mention that I didnt notice for the longest time that you could swap the traveller out, shes the main character I kind of assumed you had to have her. Then by the time I eventually realised you could, she was my most levelled character so I didnt for a while. Anemo traveller was a mainstay of my team right through monstadt, Liyue and a chunk of Dragonspine, shes totally viable, especially if you are getting the anemoculous thingys to get her constellations. But if you dont like using her, dont. Thats why I didnt use geo or electro variants, they just felt real bad to me. I mean, helped by the fact I pulled Zhongli early, so even in Liyue I had an alternative for dropping rocks on pressure plates and reaching stuff, and I'd gone hard into levelling Razor early (and then Fischl) so I didnt feel like I needed her to be electro either.

And friendship is fairly meaningless, its just one more number to grind out that doesnt give you anything gameplay relevant. Its really just there as a vague prod that you should change your team up occasionally.