Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I'm guessing it's "haven't logged in in 30 days or more" because trying Skill's gave me a "code not valid on this account" message.

Hmm, I had definitely logged in a few days ago to see how many BP points I'd need to unlock the Cobra, but I haven't played since ... August?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: also I'm a loving mark and bought the new Strv S1 GI Joe skin:

There's also a Cobra themed Renegade skin.

Such a cool skin, wish I had some disposable cash to throw around for things like that.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Having missed the original commanders last time, which has the better unique voicelines? Duke or Commander?

Both new skins are fun/cool looking. But not $15 apiece cool looking, since both tanks are already in the garage. Who even cares about decals/emblems/inscriptions at all for any reason other than the occasional goofy face meme on a trashbarn?

On the CC front too, just a commander, a meh 2d skin, and a bunch of useless decals for $20? Bruh. At least give a handful of the better boosters with each one to be something meaningful.

Edit:
Oh that's great, easy pick now. Cheers.

sushibandit fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 14, 2022

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

sushibandit posted:

Having missed the original commanders last time, which has the better unique voicelines? Duke or Commander?

Both new skins are fun/cool looking. But not $15 apiece cool looking, since both tanks are already in the garage. Who even cares about decals/emblems/inscriptions at all for any reason other than the occasional goofy face meme on a trashbarn?

On the CC front too, just a commander, a meh 2d skin, and a bunch of useless decals for $20? Bruh. At least give a handful of the better boosters with each one to be something meaningful.

Cobra commander by far, he's very campy and is probably the best-voiced of the unique voice packs I have. Some people find him annoying because he is shrill but in my opinion that's part of the fun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Tergaso posted:

Cobra commander by far, he's very campy and is probably the best-voiced of the unique voice packs I have. Some people find him annoying because he is shrill but in my opinion that's part of the fun.

Yeah Duke is boring as poo poo. Cobra Commander is hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEUMu9H-37c

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Don't know the code, but circon has a video saying he is up for grabs as well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Nice, Duke also doesn't have a "Zero Perk" slot. GG, WG.

Speaking of those, there's no hurry to fill those slots, right? At the rate I play I think I might as well just wait for the possibility of new skills.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Oct 14, 2022

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Speaking of those, there's no hurry to fill those slots, right? At the rate I play I think I might as well just wait for the possibility of new skills.

10/10, 100/100 best job.

It like they don't double check their own work.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mesadoram posted:

10/10, 100/100 best job.

It like they don't double check their own work.

I can confirm that my previously-collected Cobra Commander does, as does "Patricia Laserian," "Johnny Bingo," and AHNULD. The latter three are pre-changeover and haven't been activated yet, and have the Zero Perk slot.

On the plus side, Duke has an activation deadline of 1/27/2100.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 14, 2022

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah they nixed the zero skills for unknowable reasons. Maybe not to devalue the Prime Gaming money spigot?
Still, free dude and good enough for any tank where the commander has commander duties only :unsmith:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Got shotguned penned by an arty shot

:negative:

Edit: I think I used up all my luck for today, time to stop :unsmith:.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 15, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i wish i could get last year's t54 mod 1 skin. the only thing i see in the store is to also buy the tank, which i own

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
They do that a lot for some reason. Sometimes they sell the tank with the skin and also sell the skin separately, then other times they only sell the tank with the skin. It's probably just to try to get people to give them 50+ dollars for a skin and the gold value of the tank when all they want is the 15 dollar skin. I'm patiently waiting for the Obj 274a skin I've seen a couple times.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Got a Steel Wall in my first ARL 44 game. A KV-2 and O-I kept shooting their derp guns at my front and not doing a single point of damage, while an AMX 12 tried to snipe at me from drat near max view range. Ended up having something stupid like 5500 blocked damage.

I should probably frame this one and put it on the wall because I have a feeling I won't be getting too many more in this thing.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Got a Steel Wall in my first ARL 44 game. A KV-2 and O-I kept shooting their derp guns at my front and not doing a single point of damage, while an AMX 12 tried to snipe at me from drat near max view range. Ended up having something stupid like 5500 blocked damage.

I should probably frame this one and put it on the wall because I have a feeling I won't be getting too many more in this thing.

If you want you can put it up on http://wotreplays.eu/. I can turn it into a video if you wish.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I cannot make the STA-1 work. I have something awful like 1k dpg

I just don't get it. I understand the gun handling and DPM are very good. but the speed is mediocre, it's a gigantic target which also ruins the camo rating, and it has no armor. i don't understand how to get into position to use that dpm

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
There's nothing to get. It's a huge lump of petroleum jelly, farting out a 240 damage pellet every 9 seconds or so.
Unless it has at least SPershing armor or a Progetto46 autoloader, grind your teeth and sell as soon as it's done with.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

If you want to play the STA-1 turn on the 445m max view range circle and don't fight any enemies inside that circle without two bushes in between you and them.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

1600 damage roll!?

What the hell?

That's an HE shell....

BIG HEADLINE posted:

...how does it have 30 rounds for both 152 and 180mm shell sizes?

Working as intended comrade! :troll:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Apparently I am sitting on 17k bonds. Is the M60 or 121B better overall? Looks like the 60 is a bit faster but 121 has better dpm and a stronger turret. I have equivalent crews for either already.

Or am I better off just buying bond equipment for the tier 8 premiums that print silver?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The M60 might as well be made of paper and have a gigantic neon sign on top of it that says "shoot me."

The gun's good, the spotting range is great, but you're tall as gently caress and if a crew member farts, everyone within 500m knows where you are because the camo is dogshit.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I started playing this again on a whim (on xbox so no goons etc etc) anyways I just unlocked the ARL 44 and man do I suck with heavy tanks. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to position etc to not die in this thing / hurt anyone ever.

I may just stick with working towards the beautiful s tank

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Progetto 65 shoots my Object 268v4 once, lights me on fire. I put it out, he shoots again, lights me on fire again immediately.

Days like this I shouldn't even bother with this loving game.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i need to break up playing dogshit tanks.

i'm trying to get my tank chores done so i'm cycling between STA-1, p43 ter and type 58. i want to loving die

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

121B

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I'm actually having fun compared to everyone else it seems. I'm working on a bunch of German T6 stuff and basically everything at that tier is fun as hell

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Large Testicles posted:

I'm actually having fun compared to everyone else it seems. I'm working on a bunch of German T6 stuff and basically everything at that tier is fun as hell

I had fun games as well. One with 10k spotting and 2,5k damage in my AMX 13-105, in one of those rare games where my team actually shot at poo poo I was spotting and it was a fun game.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

when i just log in and play some games with tanks i enjoy, i like this game a lot

when i try and set goals for myself, which nearly always includes playing a bad tank or a tank that doesnt fit my style, i hate this game a lot

in conclusion world of tanks is a land of contrasts

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

when i just log in and play some games with tanks i enjoy, i like this game a lot

when i try and set goals for myself, which nearly always includes playing a bad tank or a tank that doesnt fit my style, i hate this game a lot

in conclusion world of tanks is a land of contrasts

oh i know, i too have some tanks with like 400 games played and 40% win rate that i just had to loving deal with. the russian medium line has not been kind to me and it just doesn't click with me. american mediums on the other hand, i think i have something like a 62% win rate in my t20 with like 500 games played.

also i kicked rear end in the t69 but i'm dogshit with the t54e1

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sushibandit posted:

Apparently I am sitting on 17k bonds. Is the M60 or 121B better overall? Looks like the 60 is a bit faster but 121 has better dpm and a stronger turret. I have equivalent crews for either already.

Or am I better off just buying bond equipment for the tier 8 premiums that print silver?

121b is a fantastic tank. I have zero regrets buying it.

Large Testicles posted:

oh i know, i too have some tanks with like 400 games played and 40% win rate that i just had to loving deal with. the russian medium line has not been kind to me and it just doesn't click with me. american mediums on the other hand, i think i have something like a 62% win rate in my t20 with like 500 games played.

also i kicked rear end in the t69 but i'm dogshit with the t54e1

Treat the T54E1 like a medium that is slow and has no armor. It can poo poo out damage at a scary rate, but cannot take hits. What tank did you get up to in the Russian medium lines? The T54 and the Obj 430 are both fantastic tanks and worth the pain.

i'm trying to get my tank chores done so i'm cycling between STA-1, p43 ter and type 58. i want to loving die

Gotta break it up, you will drive yourself mad doing only lovely tanks you don't think are fun.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

Mesadoram posted:

Treat the T54E1 like a medium that is slow and has no armor. It can poo poo out damage at a scary rate, but cannot take hits. What tank did you get up to in the Russian medium lines? The T54 and the Obj 430 are both fantastic tanks and worth the pain.

Gotta break it up, you will drive yourself mad doing only lovely tanks you don't think are fun.

i believe it's the t54 i just got unlocked but don't have the cash for it yet. not selling the t44 yet either cause i'm trying to unlock the other tank too. ugh the gun depression on the t44

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

The p43 is pretty good, at least I enjoyed it when I was working my way through the itelian medium line. It felt way better than the godawful CS-44 and Leo.

They really, really need to unfuck module grinding though, even Just reversing the order of operations would do wonders - make you research the next vehicle's modules in order to unlock it, so that when you jump into a new tank it already has its best stats/config, instead of shoving you in a crippled tank for 20-50 matches of bullshit. I know they leave it as-is to incentivise converting freexp, but a guy can dream.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

It's just a shame you can't use it in any other game mode besides randoms.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

ZeusCannon posted:

I started playing this again on a whim (on xbox so no goons etc etc) anyways I just unlocked the ARL 44 and man do I suck with heavy tanks. I can't figure out how I'm supposed to position etc to not die in this thing / hurt anyone ever.

I may just stick with working towards the beautiful s tank

The ARL-44 is a tricky one to play when you first unlock it. It gets better once you get the later guns but the armor on the hull and turret will never be too viable. It's a tank where you want to be with teammates as often as you can, and you want to expose as little of it as possible. It eventually gets great penetration and damage for the tier, so you'll be able to damage tanks as consistently as they damage you. Try and stick with the other heavies, and get into a position where you aren't exposed and wait for the enemy to poke out to shoot (hopefully your allies). If you're facing tier 8s stick further back, and prioritize not exposing yourself from hard cover unless you're firing a shot.

And did WoT console ever bring back shared modules? One of the best parts of the ARL 44 is that most of the guns and the engines are used for a lot of other French tanks.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Im gonna go with No. unless the modules are shared with later tanks?

Its basically just a level up system and also ive been gone from this game for so long I barely remember how it used to play.

French light tanks are still loving hilarious though. That hasnt changed

EvilHobo
Dec 28, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

Such a cool skin, wish I had some disposable cash to throw around for things like that.

I appreciate that they made the GI Joe skins look like plastic toys. Went with the Cobra stuff and am pleased to see that the emblems are obviously stickers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

EvilHobo posted:

I appreciate that they made the GI Joe skins look like plastic toys. Went with the Cobra stuff and am pleased to see that the emblems are obviously stickers.

My favorite skin that I never got:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Youre not allowed to have fun in this game. Sorry i dont make the rules.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I made a down payment on no fun when i played the early french tanks. This is an investment.