Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hang on hang on what if I believe in a higher power that's severely deluded then what huh?

E: haha gently caress yeah sick snype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Zil posted:

It's HEB because it was the owners initials, Howard E Butt.

Yeah probably didn't want to be called Butt's groceries.

It works for some businesses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYYdF0zcuSI

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Karate Bastard posted:

They do. Hang in there!

Here's me

https://i.imgur.com/sIo8ZmE.mp4

I'm in the car

I want to learn to do that spin at the end

Lmao jk but it would rock

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's not very hard.

You jump and spin like normal but you keep on spinning and don't stop

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

the trick is to miss the ground

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Hang on hang on what if I believe in a higher power that's severely deluded then what huh?

E: haha gently caress yeah sick snype

so you're a gnostic?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

oh no that's very on brand tbh.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Kit Walker posted:

Oh did they get tired of calling themselves incels?

dark lmao

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hell yeah, snake day was the best day in elementary school.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Hell yeah, snake day was the best day in elementary school.

Also the day where your teacher's husband who inexplicably had access to liquid nitrogen shattered a couple tennis balls.

I mean it was explicable, I think he was a research chemist for Merck, but still.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Parachute day in PE was the second best day after snake day.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

mind the walrus posted:

As someone whose experience with Charles Bronson mostly caps out at Hank Azaria's impression of him in Simpsons episodes from the 90s, this is so much loving funnier than it should be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUgKUspKisY

Charles Bronson started working in a coal mine at the age of 10 and only quit to enlist to fight in WWII.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

rodbeard posted:

Charles Bronson started working in a coal mine at the age of 10 and only quit to enlist to fight in WWII.

That's rad as hell. I just like imagining Hank Azaria's voice going "This here is Kurt. We're going to be skating. Just letting you know."

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

RoastBeef posted:

Also the day where your teacher's husband who inexplicably had access to liquid nitrogen shattered a couple tennis balls.

I mean it was explicable, I think he was a research chemist for Merck, but still.

We had a local mad scientist couple who brought in a big vat of mercury and had us all dunk our hands in it cause it was cool.

what

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I'm picturing mad scientists who both have thick black rubber gloves that go up to the elbow, as part of the costume obviously, while the kids are using their bare hands.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

We did.

The wife had hair literally down to her waist. They had a son who was my age named David and he said "yellow" as "leddow"

They disappeared from town like a year or two later, never to be heard from again

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

We didn't have snake day but we did have owl day

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Ragnar34 posted:

I'm picturing mad scientists who both have thick black rubber gloves that go up to the elbow, as part of the costume obviously, while the kids are using their bare hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaOqXmM4JBM

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Please phrase your childhood reminiscence in the form of a meme.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Fp4uIl5Lmk

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

:hmmyes:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Not sure if it was during grade school, but I've definitely seen Fast Eddy (:canada:) perform his routine including knocking a loonie off of a volunteer's earlobe. I always preferred the Yomega ones as a kid though.

We never had Snake Day as far as I can remember, but yeah Parachute Day in gym class was cool and so was the day they'd bust out these things:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj9VF7LyffU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Mister Speaker posted:

We never had Snake Day as far as I can remember, but yeah Parachute Day in gym class was cool and so was the day they'd bust out these things:

We used to have to square dance while sitting on these

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mister Speaker posted:

Those things had an unquenchable thirst for fingers. I think at least two kids got sent to the nurse everytime we used those in gym.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

did anyone else play "car lot?" kids were assigned manufacturers and literally just ran across the gym floor when theirs was called. probably the most efficient way to burn energy from children, and the coach didn't even have to get up. just yell

ford

dodge

chevy

(that's is just the big American truck manufacturers)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Mister Speaker posted:

Not sure if it was during grade school, but I've definitely seen Fast Eddy (:canada:) perform his routine including knocking a loonie off of a volunteer's earlobe. I always preferred the Yomega ones as a kid though.

The bad news: these things have guards now so your fingers can't get crushed

The good news: not one single child uses the guards, even though the PE teacher explains it every time, and one kids fingers are crushed for each gym class that uses them

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

OwlFancier posted:

We didn't have snake day but we did have owl day

Owl day sounds ok, but not as cool as snake day, too bad you Brits don't have a Constitution that guarantees every elementary school kid one snake day per year.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

One of my favorite videos.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

be sure to thank Guido for this one next time you see him

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Did a teenager make this meme, jfc

If you can’t vanish it up your nose, it is not a Polly Pocket. No, cocaine is not a Polly Pocket, but it does explain a lot.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LOL

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

RoastBeef posted:

Everyone has access to liquid nitrogen, it's not a controlled substance. Walk into a supplier that sells it, hand them money and they'll give you liquid nitrogen.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You can also make it yourself by liquefying air at home. It's not illegal and no one can stop you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

You can also make it yourself by liquefying air at home. It's not illegal and no one can stop you

It's a safe and legal thrill.