Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I guess I'm too conditioned to mentally balanced, mature fanhood from reading here, because the avalanche of whining about the refs on Tide Twitter kinda surprised me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
It seems twice as bad when you're used to getting all the calls I guess

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I was honestly half hoping we’d lose to Auburn and trick those stupid bastards into keeping Harsin around a bit longer so I could laugh at them, but that would utterly remove any playoff chance we may still have. I do hate Auburn but I also like natty shots. This said I don’t see us being a team that could beat Georgia.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

JesustheDarkLord posted:

It seems twice as bad when you're used to getting all the calls I guess

Yeah I recognized echoes of Steelers fans posting online.

I didn't think anything was terrible watching the game, there were missed calls but nothing stacked too far to one side. They're pointing to the number of penalties and yardage on Bama but what the gently caress, how many false starts and delay of games did they have?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real!

Words of advice! Don’t drink IPAs like they are Miller Lite at a Ruby Tuesday’s in WVA during a Tennessee game, when you have to drive the next day to Canada. I’m hurting right now, but happy as gently caress.

I drunk dialed my whole Vol family last night and especially my stepdad who made me a Tennessee fan back in 1986 (he also took me to the legendary 98 game against Arkansas). His lungs are turning to glass and good chance this will be his last Bama game. It just means more right now if you know what I’m saying.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 16, 2022

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Roasted Donut posted:

PSU can still finish 10-2. Hell, they probably should. That being said it's getting really old seeing the exact same same bullshit year in and year out from Franklin. Another year coming out of the bye looking completely unprepared and making GBS threads his pants against a big time ranked opponent. If he follows regular suit and loses to Minnesota next week in a home game they have no business losing then I will be officially off the james franklin train. Hopefully Sean Clifford's shoulder injury is bad enough that I never have to see him take another snap as long as I live

Always fun to point out that Franklin is the coach that the media made Harbaugh out to be.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Heupel for president

I feel like garbage and I love it

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Iowa state keeps on losing a lot of close games. Considering this team had a ton of turnover after last year, I’m going to take the positive outlook and say hopefully this means next year they start winning these close games. Frustrating to look at the record and go, “what could’ve been” yet again though.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I got Vols at 2 for this weeks AP poll. Honestly see it as a top 2 matchup and I'm just glad we are playing in Athens. Heupel seems like a really good coach, especially with this being still a lot of "Pruitt's guys" and transfer portal folks.

I also stand by my statement yesterday in the GDT that the last two or three seasons really seems like Saban is slipping a bit. Still elite and all that, but I think maybe the peak of his career is behind him. Maybe he rights the ship and is back to the football machine next season, but I don't know.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

GD_American posted:

Yeah I recognized echoes of Steelers fans posting online.

I didn't think anything was terrible watching the game, there were missed calls but nothing stacked too far to one side. They're pointing to the number of penalties and yardage on Bama but what the gently caress, how many false starts and delay of games did they have?

there were maybe 4 questionable PI calls/non-calls and 2 were for bama and 2 for tenn

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Gotta say, Saturday was a good day for fans of orange teams

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

dirty shrimp money posted:

Gotta say, Saturday was a good day for fans of orange teams

Don’t tell Okie State fans that.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/_lproductions_/status/1581486522691248128?s=20&t=MlcDQNbPyiTeF-wje2Y63A

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

KKKLIP ART posted:

I got Vols at 2 for this weeks AP poll. Honestly see it as a top 2 matchup and I'm just glad we are playing in Athens. Heupel seems like a really good coach, especially with this being still a lot of "Pruitt's guys" and transfer portal folks.

I also stand by my statement yesterday in the GDT that the last two or three seasons really seems like Saban is slipping a bit. Still elite and all that, but I think maybe the peak of his career is behind him. Maybe he rights the ship and is back to the football machine next season, but I don't know.

Time waits for no man, and even the forces of Hell can’t keep Saban afloat forever.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I need someone else to wake up and post something about Tennessee beating Alabama

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Alexa play Dixieland Delight

Good morning Vols Bitch

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I need someone else to wake up and post something about Tennessee beating Alabama

https://twitter.com/AD_DannyWhite/status/1581435971761242112?t=1cSIMMuMXuSoCF5vTFa04g&s=19

https://twitter.com/joeykent/status/1581461773546553344?t=ZDoaBYlIVXfPI1lsNboWgg&s=19

https://twitter.com/Vol_Football/status/1581451480732680192?t=H530LZYkBdxVDzRvypPamQ&s=19

In 40+ years I will be 80 years old and posting about the Jalin Hyatt Alabama Game. Also Hendon Hooker was around #7 in Heisman votes before yesterday. He's gotta be higher now.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All good posts nice work guys

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Hell yeah baby

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Things going well in Gainesville

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Oh good

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Sash! posted:

This is actually quite an achievement. It takes a long history to get there, even if you're terrible most of the time.

First season first loss, 1889 season 0-1 lost to wabash 40 - 2. Assuming wabash self safetied to be sporting gentlemen

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

My kids got to see something very special yesterday. We didnt have tickets but we went down anyway just to bask in the atmosphere, get shitfaced, and do the vol walk, et cetera. We just moved back to Knoxville after 15 years and its the first time they experienced it.

I lost my god drat mind when that kick went through. I and most of my neighbors ran outside to yell at each other and a handful of people started shooting off fireworks. Got to light up a stogie with Dad and teach my kids a bunch of new words lol

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I have a little UT cooler that I got 15-some years ago from a friend on an old BBS board, she was a lot older than me and we haven't chatted in a long time so I hope she was alive to see last night's game :unsmith:

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

The 2000 Nebraska vs. OU game, where the 'Huskers rolled into Norman as #1 but got stomped 31-14, is usually seen by Sooner fans as the "we're back" moment after the doldrums of the 1990s.

Got some similar vibes from 'Bama-Tennessee last night.

Anyone remember who OU's QB was for the 2000 Nebraska game?

That's right

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I consider myself a reasonably astute football theory person and I do not understand the mechanics of our offense yet. Find a mismatch and exploit it is easy to say, but we move so fast that I never get to see a good breakdown of who actually did what.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I consider myself a reasonably astute football theory person and I do not understand the mechanics of our offense yet. Find a mismatch and exploit it is easy to say, but we move so fast that I never get to see a good breakdown of who actually did what.

I was wondering how they did not adjust to Hyatt last night. The conclusion I came to was that they could not, because he's just that loving good at getting separation.

And he's WR2. Cedric Tillman missed this game.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
mizzou wins the bye week by the important hurt guys getting a little healthier wooooo

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

Hendon Hooker is in his 4th year as a starting QB, and he is 2 months older than Kyle Trask, a classic grizzled veteran who Waited His Turn.

Florida's defense is worse than it was under Todd Grantham. Yes, it's year 1, and Florida does not have the talent you'd like on defense, but it shouldn't be this bad.

https://twitter.com/HailFloridaHail/status/1581606509871366144?s=20&t=Ldtcx1CvVpS9n9e_10LPSA

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
17 penalties. Most points surrendered in over 100 years. A secondary that looked totally bewildered. Saban is turning into late-era Bowden. But hey he does those AFLAC commercials with Deion to show he's still young and hip.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I don't think that Napier and his staff of 10,000 will navigate us back to the promised land like Xenophon.

Six straight TDs given up by the defense to open the game. That's gotta be pretty rare.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

LLCoolJD posted:

Six straight TDs given up by the defense to open the game. That's gotta be pretty rare.

“This is the worst defense I’ve ever seen in Gainesville” I say, correctly, for the 4th straight year.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

It’s probably worth pointing out that this is a somewhat depleted Tennessee team and Heupel’s recruits haven’t really come in yet.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Grantham: "It's beautiful!"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

This definitely seems to be the most beatable Alabama team in close to a decade.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

LLCoolJD posted:

17 penalties. Most points surrendered in over 100 years. A secondary that looked totally bewildered. Saban is turning into late-era Bowden. But hey he does those AFLAC commercials with Deion to show he's still young and hip.

I don't think that Napier and his staff of 10,000 will navigate us back to the promised land like Xenophon.

We haven’t been “steal yo girl” Bama in a bit now. I suspect we’ll be relegated to “solidly good” like Ohio State or whoever for a while before Sabes gets proper old/dies and then the dark times come. There’s also all the shift that NIL has caused that I think we’re still just seeing the start of; though that has little to do with last night’s game.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Acelerion posted:

My kids got to see something very special yesterday. We didnt have tickets but we went down anyway just to bask in the atmosphere, get shitfaced, and do the vol walk, et cetera. We just moved back to Knoxville after 15 years and its the first time they experienced it.

I lost my god drat mind when that kick went through. I and most of my neighbors ran outside to yell at each other and a handful of people started shooting off fireworks. Got to light up a stogie with Dad and teach my kids a bunch of new words lol

that's awesome. the first Vol walk with my dad is a good memory I'll always have. mine got to learn about the cigar tradition, and I lead them in a rousing rendition of we don't give a drat about the state of alabama except with slightly more child friendly words

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I don't let my kids say Alabama either

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

We had to spend a day at work this week trying to convince a co-worker that it is NOT a good idea to drive the dogs he's dogsitting from Cincy to Knoxville without the owners' permission so he can try to get on Game Day and watch the game, no matter how big of back yard his parents in TN have.

He's also a deeply stupid boy, so what I'm saying is I can't wait for him to come in Monday and tell us all about how he got to touch the goalpost as it was marched through town and also he can't figure out why his friends he was dogsitting for are livid at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

Outside of the meltdown on the oopsie-doodle punt fumble, Saban seems way too reserved for how knuckleheaded the Tide have played on the road for, like, a year now. I get that you don't want the team to get into a spiral (also they're still pretty f-in' good!) but compare the Saban of Chewing Out Kiffin Era to this one where he looks like a grandpa at the buffet when they've run out of clean plates. BoB and that sentient hunk of deli meat they have posing as an up-and-coming DC are poo poo coordinators; the Saban Wheel O'Retreads has finally stopped on a Whammy, it would appear.

e: also, what's with the dark gray undershirt he's wearing all the time now? I really started to notice my old man losing a step when his wardrobe became "whatever mismatching stuff I find in the closet," jes sayin.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Oct 16, 2022