Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Cattail Prophet posted:

See also: basically any of her interactions with Jeremy, even after they're officially together.

I liked that Jeremy had a personality, and sometimes would mess with Candace when she was being ridiculous about something. I always interpret that song he has "What I like about you is..." as him deliberately not finishing the sentence because it shouldn't matter what specific things he finds attractive about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Larryb posted:

One thing I don’t really get is how did the two worlds get merged at the end anyway?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UQFBtHEFJ8

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot spells were sentient. I guess that’s probably where the whole “genocide” thing comes from then since like you said the only Mewny casualties we know of were the Magical High Commission (though Hekapoo was onboard with the plan from the start) and sort of Glossaryck

There's also the fact that we have no idea how far this stretches across the Multiverse, depending on how far it goes it would easily be genocide numbers even if only a relative handful of beings in any given reality died from it

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
The magic they were referring to was the stuff being practiced by and attached to the royal family, not pixies existing and such. It still implies all the sentient spells we met are now dead, which is a grim thing to consider.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Yeah, makes sense

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
This season‘s arc of Olivia Rodrigo on high school musical the musical the series what is “I think I’d prefer to be famous musician Olivia Rodrigo to being on the show“. Not even subtly, explicitly this was her plot line

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1580229556245364739

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I give the network a year before it's sold off

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Zazlav's like a Katamari but instead of a star he's rolling up TV Networks to turn them into a ball of poo poo.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Golden Bee posted:

This season‘s arc of Olivia Rodrigo on high school musical the musical the series what is “I think I’d prefer to be famous musician Olivia Rodrigo to being on the show“. Not even subtly, explicitly this was her plot line

I sometimes half pay attention while my sister watches but don't know any of the actors' names, is she the one with two moms who had that isolated B plot in the first two episodes before disappearing entirely?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

I give the network a year before it's sold off

To who? Nobody wants linear channels anymore (just look at the CW)

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

I hate it here.

Larryb posted:

To who? Nobody wants linear channels anymore (just look at the CW)

The brand is associated with good shows and that makes it valuable. I can see a streaming service buying it so they can have an animation section of their service similar to how HBO Max was using it. But yeah as a channel is pretty much dead.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Why do people keep selling to this dipshit? They must know that it's a very bad deal in the long AND short term, because long term the channel is hosed and short term everyone hates him anyway so people will just unsubscribe to the poo poo he touches not expecting anything.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They seem to be doing their level best to crater what they could sell CN for.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Oh, there's a bigger chance of Warner selling the airwave before they would even think of selling the name.

And even if they sold the name, you can't trick consumers into liking the products because of it. A Cartoon Network without good cartoons won't work, which is pretty much Warner's problem already

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

On a more positive note, putting it here because while it's for older audiences it's made by the Horrible histories team, I'm enjoying season 4 of BBC's Ghosts. Particularly when Mary, who was burnt as a witch, is (episode s4 e03) asked to give Alison an apology from all the rest of the Ghosts due to them causing her to explode at them in rage with the exception of Mary who didn't do anything that day. She just refuses because "I took the fall for something I didn't do before, and it didn't work out well for me. So no. This time, I'll leave the guilt to the gulity. Good day." Great moment for a normally very meek and frazzled character.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Cattail Prophet posted:

I sometimes half pay attention while my sister watches but don't know any of the actors' names, is she the one with two moms who had that isolated B plot in the first two episodes before disappearing entirely?

She comes back in the final episode to say “yeah I think I’m gonna do my own thing and not be on the show”. Which is weird because she was the lead of season one and two

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
people are pushing back on cartoon brew's interpretation of the story but that many layoffs are going to have serious knock-on effects no matter how you slice it

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
and this is coming after the other layoffs at adult swim and such

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/wolfinsheeps/status/1580264799018983424

CartoonBrew is (apparently as usual?) spreading panic just to have a good story according to an animator who works for CN on Invincible Flight Girl.

https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1580267667126390784

https://twitter.com/cartoonbrew/status/1580271966719655936

So basically take what CB is saying with a HUGE grain of salt.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Oct 13, 2022

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Coming to you from WB to say we got a memo today saying it's 18 jobs specifically, and largely in the CWS side.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

It's basically the separate entities ceasing to exist as they get conglomerated into one, and all the jobs being cut means that the new group combining all previous assets isn't going to get the same amount of support, and it's very, very easy to observe everything else the company has done as indicative that they plan to throw the whole division under the bus the moment it's convenient. Probably less execs in the pool to champion them next time Zaslav decides to get killing.

Definitely this is going to be a clean break from everything that Cartoon Network used to be. Like there weren't that many threads connecting it to its origins, but this is enough of an event to wipe away whatever unique aspects remain. I'm not even sure how much the survivors can legally reference their heritage at this point. Cartoon Network had a nice run of being forged out of the husk of the dead Hannah Barbera studios into the top TV animation player in the industry, and they always supplemented that with a hefty amount of nostalgia for the old IPs they had the rights to. There was even a hefty amount of rediscovering forgotten shows to reintroduce them to the new generation and revitalize all the old jokes and dated wackiness. They cultivated a little ecosystem of animators incubating on shows so that they could be ready to make new shows. And now their library is in ruins and so much of their nest of talent has been shattered and scattered.

I feel like OK KO was the ultimate expression of CN's history. A show made by a guy who worked his way up through the ranks through earlier shows to cultivate his skills, and the premise was mainly about nostalgia for the late 90s and early aughts while also throwing around the classics, and also including a crossover between CN's most popular properties at the time to celebrate them. And now OK KO has been buried with no way to be revisited.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

BioEnchanted posted:

Why do people keep selling to this dipshit? They must know that it's a very bad deal in the long AND short term, because long term the channel is hosed and short term everyone hates him anyway so people will just unsubscribe to the poo poo he touches not expecting anything.

he makes stonk number go up for the quarter. also he say that the white men's peepee being hurt is the ultimate crime in the universe, that makes me a fellow cithet white bro relate.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Season 2 of Dead End: Paranormal Park is starting interestingly because the angels so far not only are more hosed up in design than demons, but they are also worse in a lot of ways. Judgemental, impatient and duplicitous. With a demon you know what to expect, but from an Angel they are much harder to read. It's leading to a twist that was kind of obvious from the first season (a lot of people speculated about an aspect of it) but we'll see how it plays out.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Bake off spoilers
I'm so glad it was Carol who went. I honestly don't understand why she didn't go last week.
And it's really becoming very obvious that Janusz, Sandro and Maxy will get into the final provided they don't have a REALLY bad week full of mistakes. All three seem to have baking instagrams from before bake off too, which potentially means they got scouted out? That's totally fine but it does sorta drain the fun out of it? I guess.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Taear posted:

Bake off spoilers

Wrong thread.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Xelkelvos posted:

Wrong thread.

Oh yea! Oh well

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Xelkelvos posted:

Wrong thread.

David Zaslav sits in a room, hands steepled:

"Is it though?"

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

So how many seasons is Dead End supposed to run for out of curiosity (or is this the last one)?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

There is at least planning for a third season, I just finished the second and there is a strong thing leading into where season 3 will go. And without being too specific, it seems like season 3 will get pretty epic if it happens.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Just finished Dead End Season 2. It's real good go watch it.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

BioEnchanted posted:

I can just imagine if the actors were recording together like they sometimes do, Jack Black during the recording of the final confrontation talking to Pratt trying to give him tips on improving his voice acting. being all "Dude, you're putting me to sleep over here. Where's the enthusiasm? The FIYA!? You're fighting a fire breathing 10-foot tall turtle but you sound so bored!" You just know the contrast in their booth presence must have been night and day.

nine-gear crow posted:

Though it was kind of hilariously telling that that trailer was 90% Jack Black having a blast as Bowser, 5% Keegan Michael Key selling you on the idea that he could play Toad, and then 2.5% Chris Pratt's Mario with the remainder being the penguins.

Macaluso posted:

It's just wild seeing the pre trailer interviews where Pratt sounds like a robot who could not be more unexcited to be playing GODDAMNED SUPER MARIO, and then seeing Jack Black's interview as well as his comic con appearance where he basically living out all his wildest childhood dreams of being the voice of Bowser. Like come on Chris Pratt, you are an actor, could you at least ACT like you give a poo poo about being the voice of SUPER MARIO

aaaand i'm going to immediately swerve into hypocrisy and undercut my own argument cause jack black looks like he's absolutely killing it as bowser

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

readingatwork posted:

Just finished Dead End Season 2. It's real good go watch it.

I'm so hyped for season 3's apparent war on Heaven led by a grieving Norma premise, and hope it gets to get made.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

fractalairduct posted:

Candace absolutely has anxiety issues, it's just that Phineas and Ferb mostly plays them for comedy. For examples, there's the episode where she convinces herself that all her friends are avoiding her; or the time she interprets Stacy's texting as an insult despite that making no sense in context.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZv4JyzyDeg

Pretty much the whole deal with Candace ends up with her being so high-strung and terribly relatable to the point where most of Jeremy's scenes and a few entire episodes are basically devoted to giving the poor girl a break.

Mr Interweb posted:

aaaand i'm going to immediately swerve into hypocrisy and undercut my own argument cause jack black looks like he's absolutely killing it as bowser

I mean I dunno what makes anyone think Jack Black isn't perfect for a big goofy villain who can be genuinely intimidating while also a big lug.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I was looking for a general TMNT thread to talk about Rise of the TMNT in, but the one I found was so old the last thing they were talking about was pre-release info for the second Bay movie so I figured some place like this would be my best bet.

Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is great. The comedy is funny, it has some of my favorite incarnations of the characters (the most fun April, the most relatably autistic Donnie, an incredibly sweet and lovely Raph, a hilarious Leo, and also maybe the most poignant Splinter?), the action is crazy in the best possible way, and the movie is a great capstone. It's a shame that S2 got cut in half. I'm looking forward to Mutant Mayhem and will hold nothing against it, but it makes me so mad that people apparently hated on Rise when it first started just because '12 (which I do like quite a bit even if it has flaws) had ended so soon and it was such a radical shift.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I wasn't very hopeful for it when I first saw the character designs, but the series was absolutely fantastic all the way through, with really impressive animation as well. I never actually saw much hate for it, although I expected somebody to get upset over April. It made a lot of big choices and all of them paid off, and I think it made me more excited about the franchise than I've been since I was a kid. I hope wherever the franchise goes next they take some inspiration from that.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I saw some people saying that it was too "Teen Titans Go-y" in terms of being wacky and comedic which is just so wrong on so many levels.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'll be honest I didn't like the way the art style looked, and I kind of still don't really like it. But in motion, the animation is pretty top notch. The movie especially so.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mostly I saw people being puzzled over Leo not being 'the leader.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Yeah I think that was part of it too. I actually didn't mind it, because Raph being this kind and sweet protective older brother type was a nice change of pace.