Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lambo Trillrissian posted:

Just found out the hard way that the Key of Khaj-Nisut doesn't trigger on elemental skill hits done while offscreen, in this case for Shinobu's sanctifying ring. Oof. Oops. gently caress.
Oh for gently caress's sake. I won it from a yolo 10-roll at low pity but I'm not rolling for Nilou. I'm not going to complain about a surprise 5* but I figured I could at least get some use out of it with Shinobu. Guess I'll let it linger at level 1 until another HP-scaling sword carry appears. :geno:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Quote is not edit. Haven't done that in a while.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The buff lasts 20 seconds so it should be easy enough to use even on Kuki, as long as you get a handful of on-field hits each time you activate the skill before you swap out.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Fuuuu, I just realized how good the new 4* sword will be on Kuki, especially in my new favorite team to help XQ keep his burst charged. And it'll save me from having to borrow Kazuha's Iron Sting or take an EM hit with Dark Iron. Am I finally gonna pop my weapon banner cherry?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
4-stars have no guarantee and there's a whopping 5 options on rate-up so you better emotionally prepare yourself for a streak of bad luck (and set a spending limit beforehand if you're swiping)

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I thought I'd put some pulls into the weapon banner this time. I have only tried to get something two other banners before. I thought the new weapons might be nice. I put in 30 wishes. I got 1 Ningugang (C9), 2 Rainslashers (now I have 15), and 1 sac greatsword (15 of these as well!). Incredible pulls, ty Mihoyo.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
It's legitimately impossible for weapon banner to have a positive ROI. When you pull on it it's 100% a vanity thing.

I decided to pull until I got a 4 star, since the catalyst and sword both look and play well for a few different characters. Ended up with a useless dragonsbane, in exchange for more than two 36* abyss runs worth of gems. Literally never worth it.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

IME 90% of the time enemies knocked off cliffs don't die or respawn at full health, they just hang out 10 meters below you aggro'd onto you and annoyingly stop you from completing the challenge or swapping parties for a puzzle until you tediously jump down, oneshot that singular hilichurl, then climb all the way back up.

Enemies should just automatically die if they fall even a small distance imo.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I use Jean a lot and it feels weird that her tiny knock ups can cause more fall damage than actually knocking enemies off of places.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clarste posted:

Enemies should just automatically die if they fall even a small distance imo.
:yeah: and not have weird goat legs that let them stand on sheer angles you can't.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hellioning posted:

I use Jean a lot and it feels weird that her tiny knock ups can cause more fall damage than actually knocking enemies off of places.

anemo infused gravity

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Got Xiphos' Moonlight on my 9th pull (and last) ever on the weapon banner, lol

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Coolness Averted posted:

:yeah: and not have weird goat legs that let them stand on sheer angles you can't.

It should work the same as falling into water where knocking them off a cliff is itself what kills them, not some arbitrary amount of fall damage. You should want to knock people off cliffs and be rewarded for it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Clarste posted:

It should work the same as falling into water where knocking them off a cliff is itself what kills them, not some arbitrary amount of fall damage. You should want to knock people off cliffs and be rewarded for it.

Also if you knock enemies off of anything then their items should get sucked to you like Sekiro

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

RareAcumen posted:

Also if you knock enemies off of anything then their items should get sucked to you like Sekiro

Honestly, all pickups from all defeated enemies should just be immediately added to your inventory (with the same pop-up on the left of the screen you currently get for picking stuff up) instead of dropped on the ground. I dont see what making me chase a whopperflower nectar down a slope to press a button to pick it up adds to the game other than occasional annoyance.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Drops falling off a cliff is minimal annoyance compared to drops right next to a cooking fire

e: Why is outdoor cooking even a thing anyway? I've literally never wanted to do it, and not only do they put cooking fires all over the place, there's a consumable gadget for making a cooking fire wherever you want

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 17, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If we're going to have to manually pick things up, that button should definitely take priority over interacting with objects.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They keep finding novel trolls for our interact button. Like putting a guy named "ikki" next to the teleport spot for hyakunin ikki.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

No Wave posted:

They keep finding novel trolls for our interact button. Like putting a guy named "ikki" next to the teleport spot for hyakunin ikki.
And closer to the TP spot (and where you pop out after every round) than the interactable for the event. Devilish!

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sword billet drop, pumpin up that Sapwood blade :toot:

780/800 rep, with my only rep options left being the RNGfest of Gourmet Supremos, or Garcia's Paean (which isn't active yet) :smith:

Compass'll have to wait for next week I guess

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 17, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

This is a really timely influx of Intertwined Fates I'm getting right now between just about capping BP and the bonus ones for the Anniversary. Was a little worried, but provided especially I win 50/50 on Nilou I'm probably going to be okay for back to back Nilou/Nahida pulls after all. Somewhat resigning myself to probably skipping Scaramouche though as I just don't think it's possible in such a short time frame.

By the way I still find the Raiden weekly boss fight super loving annoying sometimes. I swear there's attempts where the thing just does not stop loving attacking and teleporting out of range of attacks and it's just more loving annoying and tedious to fight more than explicitly difficult. It's like they put every annoying tendency of a boss fight in a typical JRPG into just one encounter except only sometimes on some attack patterns it chooses to do.

e: Like seriously this fight is absolutely loving mental this week like it is sometimes, but never quite like this. It's doing poo poo I've never seen it do before like initiating attacks on top of other attacks so I don't even get a chance to loving do anything and seems to be going into it's berserk mode way faster and doing way the gently caress more damage than ever before instantly killing characters and killing shields when it would normally just do like 20% or so damage. I just wasted a ton of resources on a lost match where it just fundamentally would not let me do anything. Like it's never been this loving hard even. :wtc:

Kale fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Oct 17, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
does hitting her even make the purple bar go down faster, i still don't know

Kale
May 14, 2010

Yeah I just took the level 80 version this week. gently caress all that noise with whatever it was doing.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Hitting her with an element seems to make it go down a little faster as does each time she charges up and uses a giant 5 digits of damage attack. Likewise it seems to build up the more you attack her in her normal sized body. I have no idea how your supposed to tell which version is real in the 4 way split attack though.

Fake edit: Stupid canonically OP sometimes in game OP depending on AI RNG almighty eternally bad mother teleports behind you into triple thunder slash nothing personnel kid Miyuki Sawashiro ASMR cleavage scabbard 10 foot tall purple people eater. :colbert:

Kale fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Oct 17, 2022

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
People are too hard on deadbeat god moms lately, maybe the kid simply had bad vibes or was unpleasant to be around?

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Kale posted:

I have no idea how your supposed to tell which version is real in the 4 way split attack though.
It's the one throwing out an X instead of a single slash, I thought?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Justin_Brett posted:

People are too hard on deadbeat god moms lately, maybe the kid simply had bad vibes or was unpleasant to be around?

War gods never make good parents

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
One time I killed Raiden before she entered her shielded state. I think it was Hu Tao / Yelan / Xingqiu / Shinobu with food buffs

Excelzior posted:

Sword billet drop, pumpin up that Sapwood blade :toot:
Who are you using the sapwood blade on?

I'd craft the Sumeru weapons if I had any use for them. The catalyst looks good for sucrose/heizou/lisa but other than that I see nothing I'd want to use.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Just as a random thought pondering the card game I made a shortlist of characters I figured might be into showing up for a card game tournament with reasons as to why that I'm sure will be nothing like the list of actually appearing characters in the event.

Amber (Adventure/Energy/Enthusiasm ho)
Bennett (Bad luck/bad draw sad sack first to get eliminated antics)
Ninguang (Supposedly obsessed with creating overly complicated board games person that feels like she'd show up in a flourish to check out and try to dominate the competition to the anguish and protests of her entourage)
Yelan (Her whole aesthetic is based around gambling and gaming so clearly she'd be there for something like that....right Mihoyo?)
Xingqiu (Just seems like the kind of rebellious think a dorky bookworm kid would get into)
Chongyun (dragged along by Xingqiu, has no idea how to play and is a jobber like Bennet :lol:)
Xinyan (Seems like the kind of spontaneous thing she'd get into and do a silly rock and roll song about and she seems to be in every other flagship event anyway now)
Thoma (Just kind of seems like a man of many talents that likes to schmooze with everybody would be into a TCG and tournament atmosphere)
Yae (I mean it's Yae the resident super otaku character that's already been stated to be into that sort of poo poo and has been all but confirmed to appear in the event by leakers. Likely to be the final duel for the traveler or to just win the tournament on some technicality involving trolling and tricker because Yae)
Ayato (Absolutely seems like it would be his kind of thing as he's already shown to love games of strategy like Shogi and be quite skilled at them)
Cyno (Again already stated to be into the game as a hobby)
Collei (Resident kid character that seems like the type to get into a TCG)
Dori (Just seems like something that she'd be into cause it means she'd get to collect more poo poo and be loud, trolly, smug and annoying about being good at it)

Danakir
Feb 10, 2014
I'm surprised you didn't list Itto.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I really hope they go full Yu-Gi-Oh! anime with the card game. There was a commission to help an Inazuman who was hired to write the manga but not even told how the game is played, and that the makers would update the game later to be in line with the manga. That's a recipe for hilarity right there.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Only with Pyro and Cryo iirc. Hydro does nothing because Electro-Charged does electro damage which it's immune to. Although I am dumb and do the fight with an all-electro team and just wait the phase out with dodging.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sanctum posted:

One time I killed Raiden before she entered her shielded state. I think it was Hu Tao / Yelan / Xingqiu / Shinobu with food buffs

I'd craft the Sumeru weapons if I had any use for them. The catalyst looks good for sucrose/heizou/lisa but other than that I see nothing I'd want to use.

It's more that once I was done with Iron Sting I didn't really have a use for the billets. I figured I could use it on Dendro MC once I hit R4-5

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Sanctum posted:

The sword seems okay for DMC? The theorycraft nerds seem to have been on vacation since 3.0 so I'm just going off vibes, but it sounds like the kind of stats you'd want there if you have something better to do with your Favonius Sword.

I'm curious if Nahida can use the catalyst or if you actually need her ATK for something.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
For Nahida EM is more important than ATK. But ER shouldnt be meaningful making the craftable catalyst unuseful. Apparently the 3* catalyst magic guide is pretty good on Nahida.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I'm just gonna give her a Sacrifical Tome even though the passive is useless to her.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

She's got a lot of options to choose from, but I wonder what'll be her best non-5*? Hopefully Sac Frags for the most EM, despite the passive being useless for her. The current banner weapon looks tempting.

It's a shame that the plant-themed craftable has an ER substat.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Took a Raiden quickbloomburgeon(?) team to abyss and it cleared much easier than the shinobu team I specifically raised for this purpose :geno:

Raiden/Xingqiu/DMC/Bennet. Didn't even change Raiden's burst dps gear, but if I had the only thing I'd change would be Atk cup to EM cup. Benny had instructors and the aranara sword, everything else was standard. When her burst ran out I think I saw her burgeon a few cores with benny's pyro infusion? Might building her for full EM and not even bursting be better? Might she be able to trigger both burgeons and hyperblooms to get around the reaction limit? I kinda don't even wanna test it.

If raiden ends up being the best dendro reaction subdps I'm gonna be pretty annoyed tbh

Edit: Nahida's standard f2p weapon right now is looking to be the 3* magic guide. And sac frags isn't worthless; onfield nahida gets a free spread every time it activates, since her initial skill cast doesn't have icd. It's a good weapon for her at high refinements.

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Oct 17, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
If EM raiden becomes meta I'm gonna get real mad. There's no easy way to swap between different artifact sets on one character for different parties so it'll be fiddly as hell, plus just using her as an E bot sounds way less fun. Still no clue what kind of Nahida team I'll run though since I'm missing Kuki so I have no easy healer slot.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I look forward to throwing Nahida into my current, very bad and stupid but funny, Heizou/Thoma/Collei/Bennett team. You swirl the pyro and keep tossing out flame waves to reapply pyro to reswirl and apply the burning and are shielded and healing and then Heizou's skill at c1 is hitting for like 80k+ from the bennyfield. I'm sure it's very bad but it's a nice departure from the taser/hyper hole I've been stuck in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This game needs more Xianlings.