Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/elijahwood/status/1581781336548814849?s=20&t=i8voFc9d-X4k55n8rQjwVQ

So...this probably isn't the Bloober SH2 remake, huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

gently caress didn't Elijah Wood say he loved Silent Hill? I forgot about that

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Doesn't this dude have a YouTube channel? They were taking his ad revenue?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

~80% of all things that carry the silent hill brand have been bad, how could anyone be excited

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

There's no reason to ever spend $70 on a videogame until maybe when nintendo starts doing it since they'll never go lower than $52 in that case

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Jay Rust posted:

~80% of all things that carry the silent hill brand have been bad, how could anyone be excited

What are you talking about, silent hill is always good

Why yes, i have been in a coma since 2003, why do you ask

Motto posted:

There's no reason to ever spend $70 on a videogame until maybe when nintendo starts doing it since they'll never go lower than $52 in that case

On rare occasions you may see a game from 4 years ago go on sale for $40

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Doesn't this dude have a YouTube channel? They were taking his ad revenue?

He was making a version of his show for the network.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wait... Dude was double dipping on the same content? :psyduck:

More power to him, get paid, etc, but gently caress me that sounds like so much extra work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wait no, he wasn't doing a version of his show, he was just hosting a couple shows like X-Play and Attack of the Show

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waffleman_ posted:

He was making a version of his show for the network.

Was he the guy on Arcade Pit talking about his sitcom about Kratos, Office Worker

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
finished re1. while i frequently found myself wishing i had just a little bit more inventory space, that was mostly because i was bad at judging what i really needed. it was good. gotta love barry

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Found the Youtube channel, and I can see why G4TV died so quickly; it didn't have any of the cool stuff that the channel in the 90s did. It was just a podcast??? Like, you can't go 2 minutes without tripping over a video game podcast on the internet.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

I've liked every Silent Hill game :colbert:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Jay Rust posted:

Gamers get attached to franchises and not the people that make them great

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Found the Youtube channel, and I can see why G4TV died so quickly; it didn't have any of the cool stuff that the channel in the 90s did. It was just a podcast??? Like, you can't go 2 minutes without tripping over a video game podcast on the internet.

No, this iteration of G4TV was also a channel on actual TV and not just the Youtube channel.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Been playing Snowrunner the last few days and it is giving me some Blast Corps mentality in terms of solutions to things.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Redezga posted:

Been playing Snowrunner the last few days and it is giving me some Blast Corps mentality in terms of solutions to things.

Not a scratch on it

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Cable TV in 2022. What could go wrong.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it might be. Elijah could just be a SH fan, he did produce that VR horror game a couple of years ago

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RBA Starblade posted:

Not a scratch on it

Time to get moving

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

When i read about the news today I remembered this and I don't think it is possible for a human to make it through all 8 minutes of this sketch

https://www.reddit.com/r/giantbomb/comments/qxpfgk/abby_from_g4_live_on_g4_xplay_111921/

Also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMe9w_Dj4aE

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Had a dream earlier. I was thinking about Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, how I never finished it because I couldn't get the right map cards to drop. I was trying to remember and hum Sanctuary from Kingdom Hearts 2. I started dreamthinking about other RPGs I've never finished. I've been having these weird thoughts lately. Like, is any of this for real or not? A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory. A far-off memory that's like a scattered dream. I want to line the pieces up. Yours and mine. Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of purgatory.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
chain of memories isn't a very good deckbuilder but i kinda like it anyway

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Vahn16/status/1581807673343115264?s=20&t=xw-TuyXIy2y3mZNKBojPpg

Thirty thousand for a day, jesus, hell of a grift, wish I had gotten in on it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

30,000 for that, 4,000 for a whole game protagonist va

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

You're right, G4 should have paid Hellena more.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

mutata posted:

You were supposed to contact your local cable provider and say "GIVE ME MY G4TV!"

I want G, I want G, I want G4TV

Sachant
Apr 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

They tried to sell WBi off a couple years ago but no one really bit since obviously it wouldn't include most of the IP.

Can they at least sell the patent for the nemesis system in shadows of mordwar so some other studio can do cool things with it?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

DemoneeHo posted:

On rare occasions you may see a game from 4 years ago go on sale for $40

yeah I'm assuming they'd still only go down by almost but not quite $20 (those sales are usually $41.99, not even $39.99 lol) and no further

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

https://twitter.com/Vahn16/status/1581807673343115264?s=20&t=xw-TuyXIy2y3mZNKBojPpg

Thirty thousand for a day, jesus, hell of a grift, wish I had gotten in on it

that's either rank incompetence or someone got their friends a gilded payday

i always thought bringing G4 back was an odd pivot, considering both that no one under the age of 30 has any idea what it was and that it was trying to break into what's already a ridiculously oversaturated market for general gaming news and content curation

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

haveblue posted:

I want G, I want G, I want G4TV

That ain't working, that's the way you do it

Money for nothing and your clicks for free

Weedle
May 31, 2006

mark knopfler canceled for having a heated gamer moment in verse 2

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

G4 is such a great time capsule of a past that now feels a thousand years away

like, if i sat you, the naive audience member, down and said, "there used to be an entire television channel that G4 was on that was specifically marketed as being For Men Only," would you even believe me

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I hope Austin Creed got some of those $30k paydays.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Vermain posted:

like, if i sat you, the naive audience member, down and said, "there used to be an entire television channel that G4 was on that was specifically marketed as being For Men Only," would you even believe me

There was show that's entire purpose was to show game trailers, I thought it was pretty cool since my internet sucked but its something that wouldn't exist today

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Vermain posted:

Yes

Like, that's the most believable way to describe g4 lol, lots of channels were marketed that way

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

My first thought was Spike TV.

Man, the 2000s were such a gross, mean decade. America was really working through some poo poo.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Vermain posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hatty posted:

There was show that's entire purpose was to show game trailers, I thought it was pretty cool since my internet sucked but its something that wouldn't exist today

When g4 decided to try and make their channel seem more mature and adult, one of the choices made was to rename that show from "cinematech" to "cinematech nocturnal emissions" because nothing speaks maturity and legitimacy like a tv show about showing trailers, demo reels, and cutscenes and adding a jizz joke to the title lmao

g4 was such a dumpster fire goddamn