Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

these arguments are all idiotic and ignore cold hard stats: the bucs are 3-0 when i wear my bucs tank top and 0-3 when i do not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kidcoelacanth posted:

these arguments are all idiotic and ignore cold hard stats: the bucs are 3-0 when i wear my bucs tank top and 0-3 when i do not

I’m going to find it and burn it

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

don't be jealous that i look fly as gently caress

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Kalli posted:

The Pats oline is legitimately good, and it's loving baffling. There has to be a better explanation 'cuz right now it's "Matt Patricia is actually a good coach" and that simply cannot be.

Yeah, that can't be it

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea, that’s why the Bucs are so great this year. The Steelers of last year and the Bucs and Packers and Broncos this year are all excellent arguments for not giving old rear end QBs whatever they want.

...you gonna go to bat for Nathaniel Hackett?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

...you gonna go to bat for Nathaniel Hackett?

No, I’m going to bat for the Seahawks being right to let Wilson walk.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Despite how you want to spin it Arians only retired because he wanted to give Bowles a chance to succeed vs. handing him the team with no QB next year. Too bad Brady decided to wash this year. Bowles also kinda sucks because he thinks his defense can carry the team to victory and handcuffs the offense.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

YOLOsubmarine posted:

What about the Saints?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well in retrospect the warning signs about Wilson were there most of us just ignored them.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Grip it and rip it posted:

What about the Saints?

They’re extremely bad.

Wait, what was the question?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

YOLOsubmarine posted:

They’re extremely bad.

Wait, what was the question?

excuse me, ill have you know they are merely kinda bad according to reputable source PFF

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

I like the look of the Falcons schedule going forward

Only one of their opponents has a winning record at this point (Chargers) and only two have .500 records (Bucs, Ravens).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Well in retrospect the warning signs about Wilson were there most of us just ignored them.

Yeah I mean "played through an injury" was a pretty valid excuse considering what was going on.

This is just a baffling level of washed-ness so far.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
The Saints aren't terrible, but they're not a good team.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

GD_American posted:

The Saints aren't terrible, but they're not a good team.

As long as they score some touchdowns Friday morning its a fine season

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Kalli posted:

Yeah I mean "played through an injury" was a pretty valid excuse considering what was going on.

That but also the stuff the Legion of Boom guys had been saying, or at least implying, for a while.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kalli posted:

He caught a fair amount of flack in the NFC west thread for the last few years for leaning into all of his worst tendencies at the same time his athleticism was starting to go. Moving to Denver just seems to have accelerated all of that.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

wandler20 posted:

So Robbie just tanked whatever trade value he had. Panthers have to just cut him now.

I was wrong, they found a taker:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1582054192101089281?s=20&t=N1jHhlU1G4XBdG7dn4k2fg

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

lol good riddance

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Shinji2015 posted:

lol good riddance

Don't even care what we got in return, just glad he's out of Charlotte. Have fun with that, Cardinals.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/TampaBayTre/status/1582058581482172417?s=20&t=N1jHhlU1G4XBdG7dn4k2fg

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

Don't even care what we got in return, just glad he's out of Charlotte. Have fun with that, Cardinals.

If you spent three years with Matt Rhule as your boss you’d probably be done with that job too.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

:same:

YOLOsubmarine posted:

If you spent three years with Matt Rhule as your boss you’d probably be done with that job too.

That's fair

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Sure, except he was one of Rhule's pets.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

:byewhore:

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Pershing posted:

I like the look of the Falcons schedule going forward

Only one of their opponents has a winning record at this point (Chargers) and only two have .500 records (Bucs, Ravens).

i love the ever increasing odds that the falcons win the division. what a loving baffling result that'll be.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

See you in hell Robby

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

See you in hell Robby

Oh my God. It's very likely that Kyler is the best passing QB he's had to play with.

He's in hell already.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

RumbleFish posted:

Sure, except he was one of Rhule's pets.

Who gives a poo poo if the boss likes you if the job still sucks? He’s had the worst probably QB play in the league three years running, of course he wants out.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Relentlessboredomm posted:

i love the ever increasing odds that the falcons win the division. what a loving baffling result that'll be.

Falcons winning the division and the Bucs missing the playoffs completely would probably be the most shocking thing about the entire season.

Panthers being the first team to go 1-16 would be less surprising to me than that

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Relentlessboredomm posted:

poo poo, we already had a weekend where TB and the Saints both lost. I can only smile so much!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
If only we had Jameis ... Actually nevermind I'm fine just missing the playoffs

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
woof

quote:

When teams get in Brady's face, though, Tampa Bay has been ground to a halt. Brady's 4.7 QBR under pressure this season ranks 29th out of 32 qualifying passers. That's down from eighth in 2021. Brady's minus-22.2% completion percentage over expectation (CPOE) on those throws is the worst in football, and his 3.6 yards per attempt under pressure ranks 30th. The average passer converts for a first down under pressure more than 18% of the time. Brady is at 11%.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

honestly rude of our entire line to get hurt

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

What the hell is “completion percentage over expectation”. Is that a thing that existed?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It's an official NFL stat from their Next Gen Stats package.

It's all this stuff that they use to make graphics packages for games and commercials: https://www.nfl.com/news/next-gen-stats-intro-to-completion-probability-part-ii-0ap3000000967238

One of those, if you throw a dumpoff you should complete it 95% of the time, if you throw a hail mary, it's 3%, so <math formulas> Wow Bailey Zappe!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

kidcoelacanth posted:

honestly rude of our entire line to get hurt

Jensen is the only projected opening day starter to be hurt. Donovan missed a couple games but has been back for the last 3.

But yeah, not having good interior pass blocking is probably the biggest way to make Brady ineffective. We're missing 2 pro bowl IL from last season. Having an undersized rookie LG go against Cam Heyward, Grady Jarrett, Chris Jones, Kenny Clark, and David Onyemata isn't exactly a recipe for success. Especially when his helper is a second year player making his first starts.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's Taysom Time

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1582107313057697792

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Is Chase Daniel or Luke McCown available

Adbot