Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/Vol_Football/status/1581726661078228993

I wonder how much goalposts actually are :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Surely they’ve got some PVC pipe laying around somewhere

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
It would win Heupel some style points to say he’ll pay for them out of his salary because he feels partly responsible for causing the field to be rushed

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
I don't think anyone in UGA's secondary besides Starks is gonna be able to cover Hyatt. He would torch the gently caress out of Ringo.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I was thinking about how great it'd be if someone had a machine shop along that route to the river, ran a bandsaw out to the street on extension cords, then chopped it up into 1" mementoes for everyone

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah Ringo has a big name because the pick six in the natty but he really isn’t a great cover corner. He is a supreme athlete but not a supreme DB. If he could always play to his potential he would be a lockdown player, he just isn’t.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'm resigned to the fact that UGA's winning that game only if the offense eats its Wheaties. Which it certainly could, mind you. After a 3-week malaise or so they've been moving it well enough for the past 6 quarters even with some guys banged up. Team needs AD Mitchell back badly.

quote:

Yeah Ringo has a big name because the pick six in the natty but he really isn’t a great cover corner. He is a supreme athlete but not a supreme DB. If he could always play to his potential he would be a lockdown player, he just isn’t.

Shoot, he also had some miscues in that very natty. (So did everyone except Podlesny, really.) I think he's in that Thomas Brown area where he's just too jacked for his own good.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The replacement goalposts are already made/being made. The order was put into some Knoxville welding shop last week. That fundraiser looks like tin can shaking to me.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Blue Raider posted:

The replacement goalposts are already made/being made. The order was put into some Knoxville welding shop last week. That fundraiser looks like tin can shaking to me.

Yea, it’s definitely trying to drum up donations, but it makes it look like the program is broke.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Just loving lol at the idea of an SEC team being short on cash.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

D.N. Nation posted:

Florida's defense is somehow worse than Grantham's and AR-15 is hit or miss, so there ya go.

I think they are statistically the worst 3rd down defense in the country

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

nate fisher posted:

To add content besides Tennessee stuff, I am shocked that LSU handled UF. Playing both of them I would have swore UF was the better team. Maybe UF should have demanded a noon game.

The AR offense is its own issue, but the defense seems to be rather atrocious. Six straight TDs by the LSU offense last night put the game out of reach early.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/rocketpropelled/status/1581620272062681088

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
https://twitter.com/BarstoolPU/status/1579474458867535872

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
https://twitter.com/Lane_Kiffin/status/1581783685732306946?t=daendSODjy5UAlYIMBdG2Q&s=19

lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Having Lane Kiffin be the coach they interview during warm-ups was a pretty funny move by Game Day yesterday.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/JournoRyan/status/1579573069731229696

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Kiffen owns

I'd like to see Hooker hang half a hundred on him thoug

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

What a scam

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

GameDay is going to Eugene next week, which means two things

1. There are going to be so many tired fans up at like 4 am local to get out there for the start of the show
2. That game starts early as hell for me, this is going to be a rough Sunday morning

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

shameful that an SEC team with 100k fans in the stadium would even post this lol

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Lady Radia posted:

I don’t know if Michigan should really be ranked over the Vols rn..

They probably shouldn't be, but it's kinda hard to drop a team when they beat a top ten opponent by 3 touchdowns.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

ilmucche posted:

shameful that an SEC team with 100k fans in the stadium would even post this lol

Grifters gonna grift

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

whos that broooown posted:

They probably shouldn't be, but it's kinda hard to drop a team when they beat a top ten opponent by 3 touchdowns.

Ohio State and Michigan are both ranked in the top 5 and on a huge collision course and the nation largely doesn't give a poo poo, it's kinda weird.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

Just loving lol at the idea of an SEC team being short on cash.

Funny how they're not asking for the fee for fans running on the field, which is more than the goalposts.

Yeah, those goalposts had to be the breakable PVC stuff. Eons ago, I was at a Valdosta State DII national semifinal. VSU won to reach their first championship game and the fans went out to pull down the goalposts. It was the PVC stuff ... and also filled with stank rear end rainwater, soaking the kids ripping them down. The goalposts did not travel any great distance beyond that.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

D.N. Nation posted:

Ohio State and Michigan are both ranked in the top 5 and on a huge collision course and the nation largely doesn't give a poo poo, it's kinda weird.

Both teams have pretty much just taken care of business up to this point. There isn't much to get excited about as a casual observer so far.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

whos that broooown posted:

Both teams have pretty much just taken care of business up to this point. There isn't much to get excited about as a casual observer so far.

This. It's not that nobody's invested, it's more that it's not newsworthy: "teams that were very good last year continue to be good, beat teams considered less good" doesn't sell papers.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

JohnCompany posted:

This. It's not that nobody's invested, it's more that it's not newsworthy: "teams that were very good last year continue to be good, beat teams considered less good" doesn't sell papers.

The Fullcast joke last year that Michigan fans are going “STOP LOOKING AT ME” is just holding through this year.

Honestly it might be the time for that rumbling to get started since Michigan chewed up Penn State and spit out the bones last weekend, and it does feel like the Wolverines are the only challenge for Ohio State at all this year.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Ok, that’s pretty good.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

D.N. Nation posted:

eh, the season is only now starting for both teams really, and the Game is still a month and a half away. i cant imagine the hype wont start building after MSU-ohio, MSU-Mich, and ohio-PSU are all wrapped up.

plus, it is the Game. it always gets buzz

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

it is not close OP

sorry

Sorry but last I checked 13 is pretty close to 10 but ymmv

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry but last I checked 13 is pretty close to 10 but ymmv

Imo they are ranked way too high for a team whose signature event is “almost didn’t lose to Clemson”

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Imo they are ranked way too high for a team whose signature event is “almost didn’t lose to Clemson”

I dunno dude Wake is pretty excellent and Clemson has asserted itself as top 5.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan-tOSU always eats up a lot of attention, but it's basically the final game of the season so there's lots of time for either team to gently caress up. Michigan tends to drop a stupid one before The Game (for instance, Michigan State in two weeks), while tOSU's remaining schedule is mostly boring.

The Big Ten is terrible horrible garbage this year, so the winner is only going to play like two ranked teams and the rest a whole bunch of rear end. That will lead to a whole lot of indifference until whatever winner comes out at the end, maybe some debate if the Big Ten winner has 1-2 losses come playoff time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The $150k is including the 100k fine from the SEC for rushing the field, because it was a second offense. The last time was in like 2006 in a different sport (basketball) so we clearly have a habit of this and must be punished. At least the money goes to a scholarship grant fund.

The posts are $25k each for building, transporting and installing them.

All that said yeah gently caress off UT had a hilarious amount of money and it’s a total joke that they’re asking for donations to pay for it.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Lady Radia posted:

eh, the season is only now starting for both teams really, and the Game is still a month and a half away. i cant imagine the hype wont start building after MSU-ohio, MSU-Mich, and ohio-PSU are all wrapped up.

plus, it is the Game. it always gets buzz

The psu game should say a lot about osu. If the score looks like the ND game then osu might be a bit of a paper tiger. If it's more like the MSU game then The Game is gonna be getting hyped.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Joey Freshwater posted:

The $150k is including the 100k fine from the SEC for rushing the field, because it was a second offense. The last time was in like 2006 in a different sport (basketball) so we clearly have a habit of this and must be punished. At least the money goes to a scholarship grant fund.

The posts are $25k each for building, transporting and installing them.

All that said yeah gently caress off UT had a hilarious amount of money and it’s a total joke that they’re asking for donations to pay for it.

Pretty sure that it was tongue in cheek and it is all but guaranteed that some rich booster will foot the field rush bill. I think they showed that they were getting replaced anyway, and of course they are going to use this as a donation drive because folks are pumped. UGA did after the natty, there was a huge spike.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Jim McElwain is currently having a bad year at CMU, but for those who care here's an article on how he somehow poisoned the well with Gators radio star Mick Hubert of all people. No wonder problems didn't get fixed with him in charge.

https://www.on3.com/teams/florida-gators/news/mick-hubert-reveals-spat-with-jim-mcelwain-that-ended-radio-show/

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

ha I remember the story around McElwain here early in his Florida tenure was that at least he wasn't a hothead nutso like Will Muschamp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
yeah there was a video of UT's president being asked about the goalposts and he was like "who gives a poo poo, I'll take a fine every time" as he's puffing on his cigar. I don't know why the athletic department is asking for donos, it seems dumb and a bad look