Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm AK capped once I hit T75 so I should probably focus on that but the dopamine drip from completing quests is just too sweet...

If AK-limited: work on Mastery/GM
If Silver-limited: work on quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I was browsing the pet store and noticed I've unlocked banded armadillo but not the half dozen or so pets between the snake and it. It costs 125million, lol. That's how much my next row of crops costs. The cost of pets and the value they provide just gets completely disconnected, doesn't it?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

LLSix posted:

I was browsing the pet store and noticed I've unlocked banded armadillo but not the half dozen or so pets between the snake and it. It costs 125million, lol. That's how much my next row of crops costs. The cost of pets and the value they provide just gets completely disconnected, doesn't it?

No there are some very profitable pets

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

LLSix posted:

Plenty of the most expensive pets are well worth the cost, most by enabling even more Lava/Inferno Sphere crafting. They are certainly a trade-off at earlier stages of the game, but by the time you get to unlocking the Green Dragon, each new pet you unlock generally becomes your highest priority to purchase next. Even when they don’t directly provide Silver, they provide super rare drops necessary to unlock the Tower or Pirate’s Cove or presumably other future zones.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Ummm what??

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mrmcd posted:

Ummm what??

I just came to post that.

What the gently caress is wrong with people? It’s a fuckin farming clicker ffs

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

mrmcd posted:

Ummm what??

I couldn’t find anything on the Discord, and they aren’t discussing the details/who got banned in the in-game chat.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Which one of you swatted this farming simulator

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

What the gently caress goes on behind the scenes at farm clicker game community that there's a loving swatting

Weedle
May 31, 2006

harm rpg

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Wild isn’t it, the scary thing is these people walk among us every day.

In other news, gold potato jail is way worse than corn or honey jail.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Cooking is out of beta

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

rafikki posted:

Cooking is out of beta

Thanks. Took me longer than I care to admit to remember that there was a building called "Farmhouse."

Also oops I planted another full farm of Mega Beet Seeds after using my last grape juice. Guess that answers what I'm farming until reset tonight.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
So cooking kind of sucks eh?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

tuyop posted:

So cooking kind of sucks eh?

I'm in beta and while it's been slow to level, Cat's Meow and Breakfast Boost have both been very useful, I think Onion Soup is going to help people stuck on the Explore 99 grind, and Shrimp-a-Plenty and Sea Pincher Special both seem reasonably solid as well.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

H110Hawk posted:

Also oops I planted another full farm of Mega Beet Seeds after using my last grape juice. Guess that answers what I'm farming until reset tonight.

i did this EXACT THING today too

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Weedle posted:

lmao this also happened to me, except I somehow got one (1) cucumber in there also

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Weedle posted:

I managed to do it with plain beets today, but did have a grape juice handy.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
holy poo poo the kitchen upgrade gives a bunch of XP. I went from 87 to 92 farming. Wish I'd known it gave XP, I would have waited for the halloween event to buy it.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm gonna just get the kitchen and save the billion silver crop row for the event. I've got pirates cove now, cash is much less of a problem.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
The first quest for ATI just turned green (~2bn silver.) I'm torn between that and like, seriously pumping steel production or something, and level 6'ing most of my pets. Still only 92 exploring so it's a ways to go until I hit the 4x99 pets.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Do you have 600 honey yet? If not, wait until you have that.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

The first quest for ATI just turned green (~2bn silver.) I'm torn between that and like, seriously pumping steel production or something, and level 6'ing most of my pets. Still only 92 exploring so it's a ways to go until I hit the 4x99 pets.

Yeah, unless you already have or are close on all the other roadblocks of the tower, no reason to rush in when that Silver can be better used to speed up the other roadblocks you still have.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Kaboobi posted:

Do you have 600 honey yet? If not, wait until you have that.

*Almost* all pets. 509 honey.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

H110Hawk posted:

Is there anything useful to be done with Steel? I've gone over the crafting lists a couple of times and haven't noticed anything tempting.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

LLSix posted:

Is there anything useful to be done with Steel? I've gone over the crafting lists a couple of times and haven't noticed anything tempting.

In general or for ATI?

In general, I mostly use it for swords (raptors), and then red shields and sturdy bows for silver.

For ATI I think there's one that needs like 800 steel but by then you should have your Steelworks humming and it's not a big problem.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

mrmcd posted:

In general or for ATI?

In general, I mostly use it for swords (raptors), and then red shields and sturdy bows for silver.

For ATI I think there's one that needs like 800 steel but by then you should have your Steelworks humming and it's not a big problem.

Can you put a number to humming? I'm making 55+18. Currently cooking crossbows or fancy guitars with the wire. Occasionally hitting a red shield as I wind up with red dye. My steel is admittedly stacking up.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

H110Hawk posted:

Can you put a number to humming? I'm making 55+18. Currently cooking crossbows or fancy guitars with the wire. Occasionally hitting a red shield as I wind up with red dye. My steel is admittedly stacking up.

I have 125+42 but it's probably too much, since I frequently hit max inventory. Growing mushrooms for paste becomes the big rate limiter.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I'm debating what skill perk I should get next. I already have all but the last farming speed perk.

The three contenders are:
A) Quicker Farming IV (Crops grow 20% faster for 50 points) - this is the last farming perk I plan to get and it'd be nice to complete the set. Faster crop cycles means more farming xp and thus more perk points, eventually.

B) Please Recycle I (10% chance Glass bottle isn't consumed for 10 points) - I'm mostly bottlenecked by my ability to produce bottles in crafting, so more bottles would be nice.

C) Wanderer III & IV (9% chance exploring won't use Stamina for 5 points) - more explores means more explore xp means more perk points. More explores means more stuff means more crafting xp means more perks, and oh, yeah, more money too.

I'm leaning towards doing both wanderer perks, they're relatively cheap and seem like the best bet for getting more perk points sooner. Probably get recycling after that if I'm still bottle-limited and then the long save up for farming.

I've got 6 skill points right now. So Wanderer III is the only thing I can get right away, anything else I'll have to save for. I'm 66/60/79 and averaging maybe 2-3 skill points a day?

LLSix fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 18, 2022

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Do quicker farming. It’s not 20% faster; it’s -20% to growth time. If you have QF1-3 and the two gold time perks, crops take 40% of base time to grow.

Add QF4 and they take 20% of base - your crops will grow in half the time they did before.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Kalman posted:

Do quicker farming. It’s not 20% faster; it’s -20% to growth time. If you have QF1-3 and the two gold time perks, crops take 40% of base time to grow.

Add QF4 and they take 20% of base - your crops will grow in half the time they did before.

Same with the Tower 10 Artifact: Crops don't grow 10% faster, they move from 20% of base to 10% of base, so crops grow twice as fast.

There is a new Perks guide for both Gold Perks and Skill Perks, I think everything suggested here looks good to me: https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1-mSifXb-tVRxVVIF3ZGd8FtySQ4quUfZWWMZnysmj0c/mobilebasic

Klungar fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Oct 18, 2022

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

Late game problems but man I produce so many large nets a day now that burning through enough not to void more antlers than I have to is becoming a chore.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

rafikki posted:

Late game problems but man I produce so many large nets a day now that burning through enough not to void more antlers than I have to is becoming a chore.

It looks like there's an item on the roadmap to make this better.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

HALLOWEEN BASH: OCT 24th through OCT 31st
- The October Event will be 10/24 through 10/31 and during the event a number of things will be taking place! Hope you are ready!
- The Haunted House exploration zone will return and will include some new October Event items
- Enjoy +15% Skill XP (including Cooking) and +15% more Silver at Market
- Last year's Special Help Requests will return for players that missed them along with a bunch of new Special Help Requests
- Be on the lookout for clues in the Quests for event mailbox passwords
- Note: During the event the Meal System will be disabled, because some of the boosts combined with Event bonuses will be OP
- Jill will be opening up her Corn Maze: Will you be able to find your way through it? If you can, you'll get some great rewards!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I’ve been holding onto 3k worth of spheres since the last event. Can’t wait to make some MONEY!

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Kaboobi posted:

HALLOWEEN BASH: OCT 24th through OCT 31st
- The October Event will be 10/24 through 10/31 and during the event a number of things will be taking place! Hope you are ready!
- The Haunted House exploration zone will return and will include some new October Event items
- Enjoy +15% Skill XP (including Cooking) and +15% more Silver at Market
- Last year's Special Help Requests will return for players that missed them along with a bunch of new Special Help Requests
- Be on the lookout for clues in the Quests for event mailbox passwords
- Note: During the event the Meal System will be disabled, because some of the boosts combined with Event bonuses will be OP
- Jill will be opening up her Corn Maze: Will you be able to find your way through it? If you can, you'll get some great rewards!

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting my next crop row soon, on the 24th when the event starts.

Do other upgrades give xp? Like the pig pen and flour/feed mill?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

obi_ant posted:

I’ve been holding onto 3k worth of spheres since the last event. Can’t wait to make some MONEY!

About a week ago I upgraded the various pets that give the 10/20 runestones and have been avoiding pressing the button to cook a bunch of sphere because of the raw cost. Hoping to get another level of crafting % reduction first. Not going to let 15% sale value go by though to save 10% on crafting or whatever it is.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

LLSix posted:

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to getting my next crop row soon, on the 24th when the event starts.

Do other upgrades give xp? Like the pig pen and flour/feed mill?

Every Farm building gives XP equal to its costs. The 1B Farm row will give 1B XP, plus any event/food bonus you have active.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Note that the upgrades INSIDE the buildings don't give XP, just the actual buildings and crop rows themselves. And the kitchen, for whatever reason despite that being in the farmhouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

This is the greatest personal help request