Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Henchman of Santa posted:

So was that their demented take on Tyler Perry?

Probably 50% Tyler Perry, 50% Lee Daniels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Love Donald in a super silly over the top role. I don't blame the dude if he doesn't want to be defined by his early career stuff, but he's so good at it, so I'm happy to see him do something that felt tonally similar to Derrick Comedy

Also "We'll fix it in post" "But sir, the post department has been begging us to fix it in pre" is a perfect joke

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Yes, very much so.

He runs the entire Black media and entertainment complex in Atlanta, effectively owns much of East Point (which is adjacent to College Park as they mentioned) since that's where his studios are and his shows/movies are legion.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also presumedly Mr Chocolate himself was a riff on Tyler Perry (Donald Glove in a ridiculous fat suit)

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

drat this episode was both incredible television and the most perfect encapsulation of all the strong traits of Atlanta has as a show. I hope it wins every emmy.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

RandomBlue posted:

grits don't work on me... I've developed a tolerance over the years

I’m gonna think about that line for weeks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Felt like Alan Rickman, a French James Bond villain, and Willy Wonka had a demented love child and it was Chocolate.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The newest episode was absolutely insanely hilarious, I laughed hard about 6 times.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
hahahahahaha jesus CHRIST

holy poo poo

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

guy named doug set that whole thing up

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Totally.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kid getting shoved through the store window was the funniest moment of the season.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Escobarbarian posted:

hahahahahaha jesus CHRIST

holy poo poo
:stare:

That's up there with the 2nd episode for me and I'm almost questioning whether it might be Teddy Perkins-level.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Oct 15, 2022

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Kid getting shoved through the store window was the funniest moment of the season.

Show is so good at setting up characters for a single joke and it works so well. I was laughing my rear end off.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
That episode and this season is so good.

Was dying at the kid thrown through the glass then Some Guy Named Doug’s song sound over the credits at the end

Also Albert has the absolute best “what the gently caress, I can’t even believe this poo poo” look of woe and weary exasperation

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

Masterful off-screen haggling to get that shoe dude down from 8 minutes of smooching to a tight 3 seconds. God drat this season has been good.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Oh man that was amazing. Perfect thread title too lol

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

The reveal that the mall shooter wasn’t the serial killer but just someone paper boi feuded with in high school made me lmao

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
gonna be so sad when this is over, these episodes are just banger after banger

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

A MIRACLE posted:

The reveal that the mall shooter wasn’t the serial killer but just someone paper boi feuded with in high school made me lmao

This was my favorite. Except the end credits because that is exactly the type of song a dude like that would write and I can’t stop think about it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Darius trying to dance to the song to judge its quality and then getting confused because he couldn't find the vibe was incredibly funny to me. Like, he gave it a real chance with an open mind but it didn't work for him.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Caesar Saladin posted:

Darius trying to dance to the song to judge its quality and then getting confused because he couldn't find the vibe was incredibly funny to me. Like, he gave it a real chance with an open mind but it didn't work for him.

It was so subtle but great. Just the frustrated look on his face.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

sticksy posted:

That episode and this season is so good.

Was dying at the kid thrown through the glass then Some Guy Named Doug’s song sound over the credits at the end

Also Albert has the absolute best “what the gently caress, I can’t even believe this poo poo” look of woe and weary exasperation

CubanMissile posted:

This was my favorite. Except the end credits because that is exactly the type of song a dude like that would write and I can’t stop think about it.

Caesar Saladin posted:

How is this show so consistently solid? So many parts that just crack me up. Paper Boi's reactions, Earn explaining the Culture's obsession with kicks is ridiculous then Darius going.... yeah-yeah I hear you but I really want these shoes.

Also I agree that Soulja Boy essentially created YouTube for better or worse.

Funny enough I had this song in my head for a bit trying to decide if it was ironically good and no.... its terrible. I was seriously humming it and whistling it for a bit before my brain stopped. I also tried dancing to it just to see if Darius was wrong and nope.... just can't.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The safe farm gag had me rolling

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The way Darius puckers up for the kiss so was really funny

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Paper Boi's contribution to the song was absolutely incredible. "Yeah. Okay. You got your finger up I don't know wha....:sigh: yeah. Yep."

Just the way he launched in out of nowhere completely blind to the incredibly hosed up situation to spit his awful rhymes was the icing on the cake, and really put his wife's pained,"Maybe the rap career doesn't take off....?" attempt at conversation earlier into an amazing light.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 20, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Respect to the long setups they did for both the aspiring rapper and the TSA agent just for a single gag.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Jerusalem posted:

Just the way he launched in out of nowhere completely blind to the incredibly hosed up situation to spit his awful rhymes was the icing on the cake, and really put his wife's pained,"Maybe the rap career doesn't take off...."?" attempt at conversation earlier into an amazing light.

Greatest rapper posted:

my life is like a movie
my lines are like an uzi
jacuzi

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

God it's incredible, he might be up there with Some Guy Named Doug in the Rap God echelon.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:drat: this season is seriously insanely good

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

this was a sweet episode but oh god i was constantly worried that lottie was gonna fall into the river or something, keep a drat eye on your kid lol :argh:

also forgot to mention that guy named dougs song sounded like that cbut meme song lol

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Very good, emotional episode. The first scene and the last scene were incredible.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I expected all of episode 6 for bourbon chicken kid to be the killer and what a swerve.

sticksy posted:

That episode and this season SHOW is so good.

Fixed that for you.

Words can't express how much I love this show and am dreading seeing it end.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
TBH renting out the entire campground is manipulative af. Van wasn't wrong there.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Chris Knight posted:

TBH renting out the entire campground is manipulative af. Van wasn't wrong there.

yeah tbh im not a huge fan of them having so much money, it makes everything less relatable to me,

that sounds sarcastic but its not meant to be

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Abandoning the tent was a dick move.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah, what the heck.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

victorious posted:

Abandoning the tent was a dick move.

rich people poo poo

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I’ve had enough irritating experiences with people in campsites next to me that I would 100% rent out a whole grounds if I had the means. Wouldn’t leave the tent though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
It was just another confirmation that Earn did the whole thing with the sole intention of bringing Vanessa into a situation where he could persist with asking about LA. They'll never use another tent in their lives.