Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

kiriko is just the better version of bap, unfortunately, assuming you have the hands to reflex suzu for reinhardt/zarya/reaper ults. i guess his AoE healing throughput is higher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

teagone posted:

Bap's gently caress off super jump is also great. Use it a lot. I escaped an angry Zarya last night and it was awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVZUnZpsrfA

[edit] Looking at the replay, I just realized that was a 4v5 in favor of the enemy team that whole first fight because our DPS dropped and the replacement hadn't picked a hero yet, lmao.

Oh yea his super jump, I definitely knew that was a thing after playing Bap all night yup

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The lack of feedback and information in the game is so annoying. Yeah there's a scoreboard but you cant even look at your teams stats after the game. I can't even tell what rank I'm playing in.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Vermain posted:

kiriko is just the better version of bap, unfortunately, assuming you have the hands to reflex suzu for reinhardt/zarya/reaper ults. i guess his AoE healing throughput is higher?

The change to regen burst is what prompted me to pick him more during the betas. I hadn't played him much before then, but yeah, you can poo poo out tons of heals with Bap because of the AoE-ness of his kit/burst healing.

[edit]

AndrewP posted:

Oh yea his super jump, I definitely knew that was a thing after playing Bap all night yup

I had a match on Junkertown the other night and I ended up in a 1v1 with Hammond/Ball; I kept super jumping like above him, shooting him while in the air below me, and I could tell he'd lost track of me each time lmao. I ended up killing him from full health + his shields. poo poo was funny. Ahh, I shoulda clipped that/pinned the replay before it got purged from all my comp matches.

[edit 2]

I did find this fun sequence while scrubbing through that same Oasis Gardens match where I botch a super jump that I forgot about. I 100% should've been dead but the enemy Brig boops me into the air like right as I'm coming down from the apex of the super jump and she sends me flying over the archways, saving me in the process lmao.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un2zpPOxByI

[edit 3] More angles because lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20sB5dC3yk

teagone fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 17, 2022

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I think I'll try running Bishop tomorrow with my brothers group

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Welcome to OW2, enjoy your stay. That's how the game works now.

It's good now folks

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Bap and Mercy are my two least played supports, I've never really got on with either of them.

I had an extremely enjoyable game the other day where swapping to Brig made a clutch defense possible simply because it countered DVA diving in to murder our backline. I've yet to work out how to deal with Winston though, his bubble just blocks everything and then he jumps away.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

It's good now folks

Except nobody wants to play support.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Supports are crazy good and fun now.

If you hate everything about the game maybe you shouldn’t play any more. Just a simple solution if you’re that bad and miserable.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013
I believe I have solved why the ranking and all has been acting strange with me. Seems the game is only using my stats from Switch, in where I played with my nephew, instead of my stats with PC.

So the solution is probably git gud, and improve the general stats little by little.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Except nobody wants to play support.

that's weird i have 2 supports in every game

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

that's weird i have 2 supports in every game

Are you stupid or very stupid?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Please stop with the ad hominems and apply this energy to improving your positioning

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Hashy posted:

Please stop with the ad hominems and apply this energy to improving your positioning

Okay, if you were genuinely confused about how there is two supports every match when nobody wants to play support then you only need to take a look at the queue times for each role and then have a long and hard think on why they are the way they are.

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Are you in an ELO where it's not like 4,3,2 minute queues for tank/damage/support. I genuinely don't understand where you're coming from if this is what you're seeing too

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
My elo its 20 minute tank queues, 7 minutes dps queues and instant support queues, because playing support against good players is loving miserable rn.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Is Brigitte any good? I'm a long-lapsed OW player who really enjoyed playing her right after she debuted as a character when her shield bash was absolutely broken. I know they've gotten rid of stuns and the shield bash doesn't feel nearly as good now (in fact it seems kinda worthless) but I still had fun playing her last night.

I will say I don't love the knockback resist tanks get now, this one Rein pushed my poo poo in every opportunity and I just couldn't get away from him.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Rhine shouldn't he able to hit a Brig that doesn't want to fight him because she can both chain shot him backwards and also turn a quick 180 and charge away from him.

Remember that your charge stops his; you'll both fall to the ground but if that puts you both on the ground in the middle of your team vs him hockey checking your tank into a wall, that's good.

Never try to melee a Rhine as Brig, no matter how hurt he is - burst him down with your abilities but I don't personally recommend looking at his health bar, no matter how low, and saying "yes, I will get into hammer range of this man".

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Midniter posted:

Is Brigitte any good? I'm a long-lapsed OW player who really enjoyed playing her right after she debuted as a character when her shield bash was absolutely broken. I know they've gotten rid of stuns and the shield bash doesn't feel nearly as good now (in fact it seems kinda worthless) but I still had fun playing her last night.

I will say I don't love the knockback resist tanks get now, this one Rein pushed my poo poo in every opportunity and I just couldn't get away from him.

She's one of the better ones, I'd say.

Shield Bash doesn't stun anymore but it triggers her heal, just like the whip, goes through shields (!) so you can hit a blocking Rein with it, does a good chunk of damage and a lot more knockback.

Melee - Melee - Shield Bash - Whip Shot will kill a 200 HP character IIRC.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I love playing supports and especially Ana, but god getting jumped by Sombra/Genji/Reaper over and over while your team pays zero attention just sucks rear end. Been finding myself doing open queue or just queuing DPS more, even though support is what I enjoy most.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Oct 17, 2022

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Who counters orisa cause she insanely strong. Or maybe all the people I see playing her are just really good at her, I've yet to see a bad one.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's me, I am the one bad Orisa.

But I dunno man, she's pretty OP atm.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Who counters orisa cause she insanely strong. Or maybe all the people I see playing her are just really good at her, I've yet to see a bad one.

Sigma has often wrecked my poo poo

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Sigma rock her spinny thing and catch the spear with his shield. Doom can punch her out of the spin and I think Zarya beam goes through it. She doesn't die because people don't focus her collectively.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

Zarya doesn't give a poo poo about your whirly helecopter she will bubble herself and beam you to death.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I've got a solution to the support misery problem (aside from making them dueling nightmares ).

There should be a subcategory of DPS that is really kitted around peeling and bodyguarding. There are already plenty of characters that lean in that direction but don't quite get here. This will replace the offtank contribution in 6 man. The sub-role should be communicated strongly enough that people will point out DPS are throwing if they don't switch to a counter-flank.

Right now I don't feel like anyone has the tools to slow down a genji except for winston.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

headcase posted:

I've got a solution to the support misery problem (aside from making them dueling nightmares ).

There should be a subcategory of DPS that is really kitted around peeling and bodyguarding. There are already plenty of characters that lean in that direction but don't quite get here. This will replace the offtank contribution in 6 man. The sub-role should be communicated strongly enough that people will point out DPS are throwing if they don't switch to a counter-flank.

Right now I don't feel like anyone has the tools to slow down a genji except for winston.

Dva and Zarya does it pretty well but it means you have to transition to playing off a defensive pick.

Dva especially as she gets to bodyblock after she boosts at genji while matrixing.

I can see Genji eating a nerf however, as they buffed him significantly to help against double shield and now there isn't a double shield problem.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

dogstile posted:

Dva and Zarya does it pretty well but it means you have to transition to playing off a defensive pick.

Dva especially as she gets to bodyblock after she boosts at genji while matrixing.

I can see Genji eating a nerf however, as they buffed him significantly to help against double shield and now there isn't a double shield problem.

I think the appropriate nerf is major hit to reflect uptime. Maybe almost double the cool down. You've got to be able to shoot the guy. Maybe bring his combo damage below a breakpoint too.

Proven
Aug 8, 2007

Lurker

Vermain posted:

Eh, Bap has better AoE healing while Kiriko has better mobility. I end up preferring them for different situations.

Both of them also have optimal rhythms for damaging and healing at the same time and I suck with both at not overly focusing on damaging or healing only.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

anyone have some sweet Baptiste tips?

I've been hanging out in the back line and Shoot-heal-shooting until i get owned by a flanking genji

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Bring back cowboy stun. Problem solved.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Making the DPS passive not apply on blade kills would go a long way, too. Nanoblade is practically inescapable.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

AndrewP posted:

anyone have some sweet Baptiste tips?

I've been hanging out in the back line and Shoot-heal-shooting until i get owned by a flanking genji

Save the immortality field for yourself and cap that Genji's rear end.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The immortality field feels so inconsistent. It's cool when it works though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Nanoblade is understandably strong since it requires spending two limited resources, but it's still dumb. Though tbh I have more issues with the "nano" part than the "blade" part and think Ana's ult is probably the least fun thing to fight against in the game.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Nanoblade is understandably strong since it requires spending two limited resources, but it's still dumb. Though tbh I have more issues with the "nano" part than the "blade" part and think Ana's ult is probably the least fun thing to fight against in the game.

Counterpoint: I've seen plenty of nanoed targets just get melted that sometimes I wonder why I bother.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

leftist heap posted:

The immortality field feels so inconsistent. It's cool when it works though.

I always do a fun thing where I accidentally throw it about a foot too far in front of me and immediately die

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Counterpoint: I've seen plenty of nanoed targets just get melted that sometimes I wonder why I bother.

It is the old support mantra: You can't heal bad positioning.
If you're on open 1v5, no amount of healing/abilities can't stop you from dying.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Stupid question:
How do I search Custom game modes?

I write 'Parkour' on the search field and press 'enter', but that just opens the chat window. :haw:
Is there some secret button to search?

edit: LOL, it searches automatically without button press.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Genji Parkour is top fun:

Although I'm Currently stumped at #16/50