Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Azathoth posted:

It will be good and do a lot to address concerns when he does that. I hope he follows through with that and doesn't just not do it, like when he said he was gonna set up as a proper charity a couple years ago and then didn't do that.

You are straight up openly hostile to Plinkey right now. I hope you can see that.
If you know something, say it.

If not, you're just making things worse by amplifying baseless speculation that requires you actively ignoring the good that has come from the existence of the fund. And you're doing that as an admin.

He said he provided information to Jeff, is going to provide additional information in time.
Antagonism based on "this doesn't feel right" is not constructive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Azathoth posted:

He decided to go into the other fund's thread and poo poo it up. He then came into this thread and tried to use my post over there to evade answering a question here. I haven't seen anything but a promise that in a couple weeks he will do something, which is outweighed by his actions specifically today.

There was just a 21 QCS page where it was filled with personal insults and worse and you don't think you would be a little upset if that happened to you? You must be a paragon of of remaining calm

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

redneck nazgul posted:

just permaban him for being a scammer already, you've already made up your mind that he's a bad dude. a bunch of people who used the goon fund will probably get screwed but, hey, QCS was just really concerned that some poor goons might have gotten bamboozled when they weren't laughing at the idea of goons being bamboozled.

You can come down off the cross whenever you would like. Plinkey has a reasonable path forward and it's up to him to walk it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Azathoth posted:

He decided to go into the other fund's thread and poo poo it up. He then came into this thread and tried to use my post over there to evade answering a question here. I haven't seen anything but a promise that in a couple weeks he will do something, which is outweighed by his actions specifically today.

After he got dragged out by PYF and QCS drama lovers, called a gambling addict and a scammer. Like, come on, man.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

He stopped posting there after you told him to stop.
Pentyne is one of the people stirring up drama and not asking questions in good faith.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

redneck nazgul posted:

just permaban him for being a scammer already, you've already made up your mind that he's a bad dude. a bunch of people who used the goon fund will probably get screwed but, hey, QCS was just really concerned that some poor goons might have gotten bamboozled when they weren't laughing at the idea of goons being bamboozled.

insane leaps of logic. nobody who uses the fund would be screwed if the fund was handled responsibly. if anything, they'd receive more help, if this was organized properly.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Azathoth posted:

You can come down off the cross whenever you would like. Plinkey has a reasonable path forward and it's up to him to walk it.

Hung on the cross for helping others. No good deed goes unpunished.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Azathoth posted:

I've looked into setting up a 501(c)(3) before and I would very much like him to detail why the fund is hard to set up because I'm not seeing it. There's numerous platforms that will do all the reporting stuff for less than Patreon is taking, and offer accountability and all I've heard back is vague "it would be too hard".

did you miss the part where he needs to incorporate and then pay a corporate tax lawyer and, depending on how he disburses the funds/various state laws, is require to track PII from the recipients who are then also on the hook to report the funds as income (taking more money they don't have)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Wouldn't it be great if all these nice people posting in the QCS thread had his real name and address as well

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Azathoth posted:

preemptive "post the abusive PMs" for when you do ban him :angel:

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

lets free cumshitter for a day so he can clear all this up for us....

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Azathoth posted:

Then he needs to figure out a way to have basic accountability without that. There's plenty of mutual aid funds, food shelves, and other small charitable projects that can and do make it work with funds at or below what he takes in. He's been offered help from multiple people on this front, he should take any one of those people up on it.

hey any plans to reflect on the complete disaster of moderation policy that led us here or is none of this your fault at all as usual

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Lpzie posted:

lets free cumshitter for a day so he can clear all this up for us....

:hmmyes:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Azathoth posted:

lets face it when plinkey start getting trashed you let the feelings foster, its a flamewar now bucko. seeing respective goons showing concern about something that was present for 4 years but they didn't know about is pretty funny. like I get all the separate sides, but really funny seeing people be like "look plinkster, this aint a personal attack but" in the plinkey is a degenerate gambler thread lol. Honestly, you should just not have this or the other thread for discussion and have some royal rumble thread.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Also not cool that Az is perpetuating insinuations with the authority of his position in spite of that

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

did you miss the part where he needs to incorporate and then pay a corporate tax lawyer and, depending on how he disburses the funds/various state laws, is require to track PII from the recipients who are then also on the hook to report the funds as income (taking more money they don't have)
not to mention all the issues with non American posters who want to help or receive help

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Hot Karl Marx posted:

There was just a 21 QCS page where it was filled with personal insults and worse and you don't think you would be a little upset if that happened to you? You must be a paragon of of remaining calm

for what it's worth azathoth is pretty good at knowing better than to respond to actual criticism or to justify himself to goons

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The red star seeped into Az so quickly. I'm sorry friend, if I'd known this would be what became of you I'd have never nominated you.

It's not too late. Cast it aside, return to the bird thread. There still may be enough of you left.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

im tired of talking about this because i know no matter what goons will keep donating to the shady goon who refuses to answer questions and gets hostile when asked simple questions out of spite but all people want is some transparency about the money and who it is going to and what it is being used for no one wants to dox anyone

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Zeron posted:

It'd be a lot easier for things to cool down if an Admin wasn't condoning and calling for unsubstantiated personal attacks against a specific poster. Plinkey literally came back after all of this had happened and has spent posts after that addressing peoples concerns, with remarkable constraint considering the harassment you've personally supported.

seriously Az what the gently caress are you doing

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Azathoth posted:

poo poo it up by..explaining some of the problems he had setting up his own goon fund and providing recommendations against ideas that even that thread has decided were bad? Perhaps if you didn't want angry posting you could have told people to cool down and stop attacking him until he got a chance to defend himself. And then perhaps not immediately attacked when he did try to.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Azathoth posted:

Just gently caress-off liberal.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

azathot

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

You are straight up openly hostile to Plinkey right now. I hope you can see that.
If you know something, say it.

If not, you're just making things worse by amplifying baseless speculation that requires you actively ignoring the good that has come from the existence of the fund. And you're doing that as an admin.

He said he provided information to Jeff, is going to provide additional information in time.
Antagonism based on "this doesn't feel right" is not constructive.

Here is what I know. Plinkey is acting exactly like someone guilty of skimming funds would act. That's it, that's all I know. I'm not going to run people out of this thread for pointing out the same. He looks and acts guilty as hell. Now, that isn't to say he's actually doing anything wrong, but right now he's a massive flashing warning red flag.

He's done a lot of good for the forums but doing some real good doesn't make him look better here. He needs to provide transparency, and he's been offered help to do that. If he is unwilling or unable to do that, well then he needs to deal with people saying he looks shady because no one's gonna start probing people for pointing out something that looks really, really bad.

To be clear, I don't think Plinkey is actually skimming, but when dealing with charity and other people's money, the appearance of impropriety is nearly as bad as impropriety itself and I cannot in good conscience turn a blind eye to that. Plinkey has a path to address reasonable concerns, and now he needs to follow through.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Okay, I'm done here. Plinkey knows what he needs to do. Now he needs to do it.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Azathoth posted:

do you think that a red star makes you like a sherriffs deputy or something lol what is this air of authority like you have any more credibility here than plinkey or anyone else

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Azathoth posted:

Here is what I know. Plinkey is acting exactly like someone guilty of skimming funds would act. That's it, that's all I know. I'm not going to run people out of this thread for pointing out the same. He looks and acts guilty as hell

To be clear, I don't think Plinkey is actually skimming,
maybe he's acting like someone who after three years of running this is being accused of some gnarly poo poo and treated as if it's already been confirmed

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lol

just perma him already and let el jeff reverse it if plinkey decides its worth the effort to plead his case. you just said he's guilty.

the idea of goonfund is sunk, we can go REMEMBER WHEN CSPAM LET A GAMBLING ADDICT TAKE ALL THE MONEY FROM THEIR CHARITY for years to come in the sags thread, mission loving accomplished

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Ok, im done here. I did a big stinky doodie in my dipey and now mother knows what she needs to do.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Azathoth posted:

Here is what I know. Plinkey is acting exactly like someone guilty of skimming funds would act. That's it, that's all I know. I'm not going to run people out of this thread for pointing out the same. He looks and acts guilty as hell. Now, that isn't to say he's actually doing anything wrong, but right now he's a massive flashing warning red flag.

He's done a lot of good for the forums but doing some real good doesn't make him look better here. He needs to provide transparency, and he's been offered help to do that. If he is unwilling or unable to do that, well then he needs to deal with people saying he looks shady because no one's gonna start probing people for pointing out something that looks really, really bad.

To be clear, I don't think Plinkey is actually skimming, but when dealing with charity and other people's money, the appearance of impropriety is nearly as bad as impropriety itself and I cannot in good conscience turn a blind eye to that. Plinkey has a path to address reasonable concerns, and now he needs to follow through.

lol decorum bullshit

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Azathoth posted:

You are entirely bitch made

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
ive played a lot of mafia and plinkey smells like town to me. scum are usually cognizant to not post things like a scamlord but slip up. and someone like koalas march would just say they're taking the money. this whole thing is dumb as hell

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Love how the mods never admit that they hosed up and just double down instead

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

Azathoth posted:

I guess there is no innocent till proven guilty in FORUMS COURT

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
like, I'm willing to eat crow in a month if Jeff says he never received any documents or that it's clear it's been stolen BUT I'm willing to actually wait till then before I throw under the bus someone who's helped feed and pay rent of fellow humans

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Azathoth posted:

bad shoot. you suck.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
There's never been any transparency as to who gets a blue or red star :thunk:

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Azathoth posted:

You need to loving resign

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

World Famous W posted:

like, I'm willing to eat crow in a month if Jeff says he never received any documents or that it's clear it's been stolen BUT I'm willing to actually wait till then before I throw under the bus someone who's helped feed and pay rent of fellow humans

i can't believe you're trying to help a scammer scam goons

it's better that the fund not exist than entertain the possibility that an rear end in a top hat i just made up in my brain would skim off of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

lol

just perma him already and let el jeff reverse it if plinkey decides its worth the effort to plead his case. you just said he's guilty.

the idea of goonfund is sunk, we can go REMEMBER WHEN CSPAM LET A GAMBLING ADDICT TAKE ALL THE MONEY FROM THEIR CHARITY for years to come in the sags thread, mission loving accomplished

they'll be posting about this for years and what an epic win it was that a bunch of people missed out on help. kinda sad if u think about it, I'm glad most posters in cspam don't act like that