Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
Ask any motherfucker who had to ask the system for food and money how embarrassing that cycle is.

I'm all for an official method to exist on the side, but if you poo poo all over one possible method for people to just get the $30 they need quietly, you don't -get it- man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

ram dass in hell posted:

do you think that a red star makes you like a sherriffs deputy or something lol what is this air of authority like you have any more credibility here than plinkey or anyone else

dont you see there are these posts from 2019, but don't even mention that all this was raised before years ago by Bert Robage but now it's back again with nothing to actually indicate any malfeasance on the goon fund that has helped a lot of people but there are concerns, see

Epic High Five posted:

Plinkey is right to be mad, he's had a whole mountain of poo poo piled on him and been dragged through the dirt across the forums with people making all kinds of made up claims that are then just accepted as true instead of as the baseless accusations they are. I was a day 1 supporter of the fund and have continued to support it to this very day, it's wild that the whole thing just got soft taken down by people "concerned" about "transparency" who are now talking themselves up to the unfortunate necessity of keeping all the personal info on recipients despite not even having something anybody can donate to yet.

Plinkey I'm sorry, this sucks but you did great work that apparently fewer people appreciated than I had thought. Once the ideas guys get bored of the idea of a new fund and move on or end up not agreeing on anything I hope this one still exists for anybody who needs it. Furious at myself at my step away from SA and modding coinciding with all this and I only found out from an already locked QCS thread.

No accusation against him has even been substantiated beyond the people making them not being punished, what questions are left to ask? New fund doesn't want anything to do with this one beyond its donor rolls, interference isn't even possible. I hope they're prepared for the standing committee or whatever to come under the microscope of bored QCS goons on a weekend and it turns out they're all probable embezzlers with drug problems.

:agreed:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

People attacking this fund should be loving embarrassed, Az most of all. Absolutely disgusting people with forum posting grudges to try to shut down a fund helping real people in the real world. I don't for a second believe your fake as gently caress concern trolling, and nobody else should either.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Straight up a
"How do you know he is a witch"

well 'e looks like one! Burn him

Come the gently caress on, Az you were supposed to be the good one

Virgil Vox
Dec 8, 2009

ram dass in hell posted:

seriously Az what the gently caress are you doing

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Azathoth posted:

Here is what I know. Plinkey is acting exactly like someone guilty of skimming funds would act.

hes also acting like like somebody who came home from some weekend event and has a bunch of dumb questions from goons he doesn't care about. like if I was running this op the same way and actually paying the taxes (i.e. my money), I wouldn't give a drat either. or hes a big scammer.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

ram dass in hell posted:

seriously Az what the gently caress are you doing

it is time for the anti azathoth alliance to rise once again

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Like I know I shouldn't be surprised at the dregs of humanity still posting in FYAD/QCS (and yeah here too) but the fact that you're trying to leverage a loving internet slapfight to take money away from people desperate enough to ask here for it is just, I don't even have strong enough words for how much shame you should feel.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

AnimeIsTrash posted:

tbu

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm sure the beloved community member of nearly 2 decades who is also employed and wealthy by his own means decided after all that time to start skimming from a charity fund

that makes sense on the basis that the same people who are always trying to destroy parts of cspam said it was the case

brilliant detective work, Azathoth you've cracked the loving case wide open on this one

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Azathoth posted:

Here is what I know. Plinkey is acting exactly like someone guilty of skimming funds would act.

I'VR HEARD ENOUGH!

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
I don't think he's a witch but he's acting like how a witch would act. the appearance of being a witch is just as bad as being a witch. he has a path forward to prove he is not a witch and it's up to him to walk it. I'm done here.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Skyl3lazer posted:

People attacking this fund should be loving embarrassed, Az most of all. Absolutely disgusting people with forum posting grudges to try to shut down a fund helping real people in the real world. I don't for a second believe your fake as gently caress concern trolling, and nobody else should either.

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
QCS & Azathoth

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

Azathoth posted:

Okay, I'm done here.

good :toxx:

plinkey is obligated to explain himself to exactly 0 people on these forums, and I hope he continues not doing so

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

as soon as az said that any non-discussion of the new goon fund was probateable, the people really concerned with this one stopped posting and returned to the sagas thread

i'm sure that means they're all brainstorming really good ideas for the fund

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

ram dass in hell posted:

do you think that a red star makes you like a sherriffs deputy or something lol what is this air of authority like you have any more credibility here than plinkey or anyone else

Right?

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

Azathoth posted:

Here is what I know. Plinkey is acting exactly like someone guilty of skimming funds would act. That's it, that's all I know. I'm not going to run people out of this thread for pointing out the same. He looks and acts guilty as hell. Now, that isn't to say he's actually doing anything wrong, but right now he's a massive flashing warning red flag.

He's done a lot of good for the forums but doing some real good doesn't make him look better here. He needs to provide transparency, and he's been offered help to do that. If he is unwilling or unable to do that, well then he needs to deal with people saying he looks shady because no one's gonna start probing people for pointing out something that looks really, really bad.

To be clear, I don't think Plinkey is actually skimming, but when dealing with charity and other people's money, the appearance of impropriety is nearly as bad as impropriety itself and I cannot in good conscience turn a blind eye to that. Plinkey has a path to address reasonable concerns, and now he needs to follow through.

again, you're posting this as though he hasn't offered to provide transparency today and followed through on all other requests that have been made of him by the mod staff. he has explained why he didn't set it up as a 501(c)-3, and other posters have clarified those parts in more detail. he has offered to provide some transparency going forward in the form of a public spreadsheet, starting next month because presumably there were no records kept before this in the interest of maintaining privacy.

his actions right now are consistent with someone who's extremely annoyed at being slandered nonstop for several days, and if you stop assuming that he's guilty for a second you'd be able to see that.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Vim Fuego posted:

QCS & Azathoth

lmao

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Azathoth posted:

You can come down off the cross whenever you would like. Plinkey has a reasonable path forward and it's up to him to walk it.

lmao jfc, do you ever stop and read what you just wrote out loud?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

Vim Fuego posted:

lmao jfc, do you ever stop and read what you just wrote out loud?

probably not, if he had the capacity for experiencing shame i'm not sure he'd volunteer to lead a mod team with such an uhhhhhh eclectic roster

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

it's like if the man with no name rode into town, shot the coffin maker and the bartender, then rode out
the situation is not only unresolved, it's made all the worse and stranger for his involvement

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I'm gonna be entirely honest, I've been holding off for a few weeks on asking for help from the fund for a second month in a row because of my own personal guilt about it, and then this poo poo goes and pops off and I see people's post histories being dug into or using people asking for help to take care of their pets as a cudgel and poo poo and making me doubly terrified of asking in here so i just send a stealth email off yesterday hoping to get it noticed but at this point it looks like it doesn't matter.

This fund has actively saved my life on several occasions. Plinkey has helped me and gone way above and beyond on several occasions since due to a troubled living situation and stuff I have frequent issues with getting my food stamps and the anonymity and expedience and all the related stuff makes it easy to get help without getting things gummed up while I work on my various appeals for getting my food stamps/disability/etc going. And seeing as there's a non zero chance of it all coming crashing down and one of my last few support structures crumbling in the face of this is absolutely cripplingly depressing. Especially when alternatives aren't off the ground, and are debating means testing and everything.

Even if it's just a little, it helps a ton, and seeing this is just absolutely crushing. I really don't know what I'd do without it.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm gonna be entirely honest, I've been holding off for a few weeks on asking for help from the fund for a second month in a row because of my own personal guilt about it, and then this poo poo goes and pops off and I see people's post histories being dug into or using people asking for help to take care of their pets as a cudgel and poo poo and making me doubly terrified of asking in here so i just send a stealth email off yesterday hoping to get it noticed but at this point it looks like it doesn't matter.

This fund has actively saved my life on several occasions. Plinkey has helped me and gone way above and beyond on several occasions since due to a troubled living situation and stuff I have frequent issues with getting my food stamps and the anonymity and expedience and all the related stuff makes it easy to get help without getting things gummed up while I work on my various appeals for getting my food stamps/disability/etc going. And seeing as there's a non zero chance of it all coming crashing down and one of my last few support structures crumbling in the face of this is absolutely cripplingly depressing. Especially when alternatives aren't off the ground, and are debating means testing and everything.

Even if it's just a little, it helps a ton, and seeing this is just absolutely crushing. I really don't know what I'd do without it.

this is what you're doing Az! Hope you feel great about it! Keep up the good work chief!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ram dass in hell posted:

this is what you're doing Az! Hope you feel great about it! Keep up the good work chief!

but his "friends" in the not-just-surrogate-drama thread are clapping him on the back
he did good, you see

we're all proud of what you've become, Az

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

thanks for sharing, sorry you felt compelled to defend a resource that has helped you, and i hope everyone who wants to start poo poo and gently caress with this operation has the capacity to feel shame.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

capitalism had conditioned us to believe that asking for help is a moral failing. it’s not and gently caress anyone who tries to shame anyone for doing it.

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
"but we didn't actually take the fund down, were just asking questions!" - people who have no tact about their behaviors and the effects of their actions on people who depend on things to live

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I wish you well in the future and I'm sorry a bunch of weird busybodies has caused further uncertainty in your life

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 60 days!
i dont use or donate to the fund and i hate everyone in this thread. that said, az is loving this one up. i do assume plinky is skimming but also if its helping people and the donors dont mind then who loving cares. bunch of protestant bullshit

its true that goons are stupid as poo poo but the website and its staff arent their parents and it isnt their responsibility to protect them

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Okay, mean culpa time. I'm reading over my posts and I'm embarrassed.

I got heated and I hosed up, said things I shouldn't have said and I'd like to personally apologize to Plinkey. He's said he will address the accountability concerns and I should have taken him at his word on that. He's done more real world good than I have, by a large margin, and that should and does count for something. I'm sorry that I made someone who used the fund feel like they needed to come here and defend it, and talk about personal stuff.

I was over the line and I am truly sorry.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ButterSkeleton posted:

"but we didn't actually take the fund down, were just asking questions!" - people who have no tact about their behaviors and the effects of their actions on people who depend on things to live

I HTINK you might be bitchmade

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Azathoth posted:

I got heated and I hosed up, said things I shouldn't have said and I'd like to personally apologize to Plinkey. He's said he will address the accountability concerns and I should have taken him at his word on that. He's done more real world good than I have, by a large margin, and that should and does count for something. I'm sorry that I made someone who used the fund feel like they needed to come here and defend it, and talk about personal stuff.

lmao

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I'm glad you asked for help

Asking for help is extremely hard for some people and that can have dire consequences. Making it easier and less stigmatized is something we should all be behind

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Hey not to alarm anybody but uh-
I think the patreon lost some of its monthly fund?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Azathoth posted:

I hope you realize you got spun up in this the same exact way that crew used to play fluffdaddy
like beat for beat, it's the same cycle playing out

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

i think it's cool to help people but it's time to put on the big boy pants and be slightly7 more professional with other's money.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

i think it's cool to help people but it's time to put on the big boy pants and be slightly7 more professional with other's money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Azathoth posted:

Thank you for owning up to it.