Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao d&d mods won't fundraise for the refugees in our 6-hour-probation-for-calling-them-concentration-camps concentration camps but has anybody checked their tote board lately for a new total on how much money they raised for the avov batallion?

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Oct 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
lmao

https://twitter.com/midwesterneur/status/1582090307096653824?s=20&t=9BkjhevE-5DfESfdBZG7nA

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol what the hell is going on with this graphic

unfavorable is grey and don't know is red? And there's an entry in the legend that says "hide me"?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

lol what the hell is going on with this graphic

unfavorable is grey and don't know is red? And there's an entry in the legend that says "hide me"?

Jeb! Is a mess

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Dems in the 1990s: "It's the economy, stupid"

Dems in the 2020s: (largely the same people) ""You're stupid if you think the economy is bad"

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

im the 11%

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i looked at it some more and I'm pretty sure it was intentionally and dishonestly done that way to make it look like trump look a lot better than he is, like that he's the most beloved politician because he's on the top of the chart and has almost no unfavorable because he has no red

also the tweeter has this as her bio:

american revivalist. | host, THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY |
@firebrandPAC
| fmr trump WH adviser | read/subscribe: http://thisisyourcountry.substack.com

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

In Ohio, we get Tim Ryan vs. JD Vance.

JD Vance ads are all "Tim Ryan wants to defund the police!"

Tim Ryan's ads are all "watch me give the police a big sloppy blowjob and throw a football"

ever since the rousing success of Obama's Story dem pols have relied on "personal narratives" rather than stances on issues for campaign ads.

they're trying to roe the vote this year but given like half the party's tepidness & inaction on anything abortion-related since they helped pass "fetal protection" laws they're falling back on the gop-style emulating about kissing & funding cops.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm in the 1% who has never heard of trump or biden.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Shear Modulus posted:

i looked at it some more and I'm pretty sure it was intentionally and dishonestly done that way to make it look like trump look a lot better than he is, like that he's the most beloved politician because he's on the top of the chart and has almost no unfavorable because he has no red

also the tweeter has this as her bio:

american revivalist. | host, THIS IS YOUR COUNTRY |
@firebrandPAC
| fmr trump WH adviser | read/subscribe: http://thisisyourcountry.substack.com

It's a very stupidly done chart but she didn't make it, it's straight from Harvard/Harris

Page 14, here:
https://harvardharrispoll.com/key-results-october-3/

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Coolness Averted posted:

then you have dummies who will twist into pretzels to let you know that actually all serious adults knew Biden couldn't actually do what he said he was going to do, so really it's your own fault for trusting him.

Also this mandate only applies retroactively. If you complain NOW that Biden broke his promise then you should have known in 2020 that he was lying just like all serious adults did so it's too late to complain in 2022.

So you would think that they must have appreciated me as a serious adult when I did say that in 2020 but oh no, not at all. Judging Biden by his long record of opposing abortion rights and judging the Democrats by their constant predictable preference for retaining the filibuster over passing legislation? What a childish attitude, people can change, you petulant baby, just because they didn't pass it in 2009 doesn't automatically mean they'll never do it, idiot!

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

fast cars loose anus posted:

It's a very stupidly done chart but she didn't make it, it's straight from Harvard/Harris

Page 14, here:
https://harvardharrispoll.com/key-results-october-3/

ok that's dumb as balls. and the chart on the previous page actually makes sense and uses the color scheme in a non-deceptive manner

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

that’s probably a nice fuckin existence

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

mariah carey energy "I don't know them"

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Shear Modulus posted:

ok that's dumb as balls. and the chart on the previous page actually makes sense and uses the color scheme in a non-deceptive manner

Actually if you do the math to figure out the percentage of Very Unfavorable is, Trump is equally split at 47% each (1% never heard of him(!) and 5% no opinion(???)).

At a glance and not doing the math, that looks be the best ratio of anyone on the chart with everyone else having higher unfavorables than favorables.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
"pres trump is technically the most popular politician in america right now"

What a bunch of bullshit, he is just the most popular in a normal way.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Weka posted:

"pres trump is technically the most popular politician in america right now"

What a bunch of bullshit, he is just the most popular in a normal way.

To be fair, to the democrats it's absolutely not normal.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Willa Rogers posted:

ever since the rousing success of Obama's Story dem pols have relied on "personal narratives" rather than stances on issues for campaign ads.

they're trying to roe the vote this year but given like half the party's tepidness & inaction on anything abortion-related since they helped pass "fetal protection" laws they're falling back on the gop-style emulating about kissing & funding cops.

In typical dem fashion, they forget that the personal narrative has to be compelling, and the candidate has to have a CHA score higher than 8.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Iron Crowned posted:

In typical dem fashion, they forget that the personal narrative has to be compelling, and the candidate has to have a CHA score higher than 8.

ah that explains the int 3 decisionmaking

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Willa Rogers posted:

Mandela Barnes in Wisconsin is definitely running off the Obama playbook and he's going to get crushed by terminal smoothbrain Ron Johnson.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Retromancer posted:

Mandela Barnes in Wisconsin is definitely running off the Obama playbook and he's going to get crushed by terminal smoothbrain Ron Johnson.

hasn't stopped him from personally bothering me despite living in another state

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I hope they get destroyed because I am tired of replying "gently caress you I hope you fall in a vat of acid and become part of batman's rogues gallery" to every fundraiser text

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

alarumklok posted:

I hope they get destroyed because I am tired of replying "gently caress you I hope you fall in a vat of acid and become part of batman's rogues gallery" to every fundraiser text

:same:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

In Ohio, we get Tim Ryan vs. JD Vance.

JD Vance ads are all "Tim Ryan wants to defund the police!"

Tim Ryan's ads are all "watch me give the police a big sloppy blowjob and throw a football"

Yep it sucks loving rear end. my wife used to be a mainstream dem 4 years ago and even she's done with that dogshit party

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

FistEnergy posted:

Yep it sucks loving rear end. my wife used to be a mainstream dem 4 years ago and even she's done with that dogshit party

the dems don't want mainstream democrats. they want mainstream republicans

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Retromancer posted:

all of the dems in senate elections are doing this; that's why the new lib trope of "debates are useless wankery" is so funny.

they just want to run ads on how they love cops & wars & the cia more than republicans do.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Willa Rogers posted:

all of the dems in senate elections are doing this; that's why the new lib trope of "debates are useless wankery" is so funny.

they just want to run ads on how they love cops & wars & the cia more than republicans do.

Don't forget that they also hate Chyna.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Retromancer posted:

Barnes' campaign is directly responsible for me disabling text message notifications from unknown numbers.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Iron Crowned posted:

Don't forget that they also hate Chyna.

She was never very good in the ring.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

1glitch0 posted:

She was never very good in the ring.

___________________/

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA