Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

godspeed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
So like do any of the goons coming from qcs or pyf or gbs who suddenly are very concerned about the transparency of a fund they learned about 2 days ago have any evidence at all that anything improper was or is happening? Because I haven't seen any and it's not like the rules were unclear

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Terrible Opinions posted:

What about the internet gives everyone the "all criticism is insincere and no improvement will ever be enough for them" brain worm?

I've been through this pattern in real life leftist organizing.

Shiroc posted:

Is there genuinely any accounting that plinkey could provide that doesn't violate the stated principles for this fund that would actually satisfy people who think its a scam?

If you want to give me an answer to this, then I can go "oh, that makes sense" if you want to show the sincere position here.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Terrible Opinions posted:

What about the internet gives everyone the "all criticism is insincere and no improvement will ever be enough for them" brain worm?

Well it helps that the criticism here is insincere and no improvement will ever be enough (because they don't actually care about transparency)

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys

spacemang_spliff posted:

So like do any of the goons coming from qcs or pyf or gbs who suddenly are very concerned about the transparency of a fund they learned about 2 days ago have any evidence at all that anything improper was or is happening? Because I haven't seen any and it's not like the rules were unclear

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

uh, you're missing the possibility were we set this thing up the right way, and move to help people more efficiently. people have been trying to improve the fund since the start! literally nobody wants to see this blow up! it clearly has a good purpose and serves the community. in fact,many of the suggestions itt (such as not depending on one single person) would help to prevent the fund from blowing up out of nowhere

That's #4. Its right there. The ground is pretty drat poisoned at the moment given that the qcs thread about this was literally titled about how plinkey was a gambling addict. People were trawling the thread to find asks they felt were illegitimate. People have reasons to feel exhausted and put on right now even in complete good faith. I feel loving exhausted just being aware of this when I've given and received nothing from this fund.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

we literally don't know if this is true or not, because we don't know what is happening to the money. if donations are not being used for their intended purpose, then that is harm being done to the community. and before you say that nobody itt is saying anything about that, people have been asking for transparency since the thread started! we can't just isolate this to the last few days. This is an active problem that has been on-going, and has now developed to its current state. this 'drama' has not just emerged from the ether like some would try to frame this. in fact, this whole thing could've been resolved ages ago if Plinkey had not responded so aggressively towards people who, early on, wanted to help out, or had advice on how to keep things accountable.

and also, as I said before people are already unsubscribing from the Patreon. presumably those people care and are part of this community!

Just out of curiosity, have you contributed any amount of money to the fund?

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

weirdly, neither do you, because you have literally no proof of how the money is being used and that is being held up as a good thing about this fund

what proof would satisfy you?

bebop esq
Apr 17, 2006

hi boys
Plinkey's been in contact with Jeff (you know, the site owner, who gave this fund his blessing and does not want his customers to get scammed) the entire time.

He said a spreadsheet with more info is forthcoming.

He's explained why he didn't go the nonprofit route.

Many people have supported him in continuing this fund, saying he helped them on multiple occasions. There have been zero specific accusations of wrongdoing.

The most vocal "critics" here don't post in cspam. They said inflammatory things here and in the QCS thread upon even learning this fund existed. Why is anyone giving them the time of day?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

VideoKid posted:

what proof would satisfy you?

any amount greater then "none"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

The only proof I will believe is IRS proof.

VideoKid
Jul 28, 2006

pentyne posted:

as many people have said, a spread sheet is forthcoming. In the meantime why don’t you do anything else?

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.

pentyne posted:

Are any of the people actually involved in this asking this?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

cause goons to go insane/get tude banned.

lol yeah. some of them think this is a big conspiracy and we're all covering it up and being paid off so they might've already been pretty insane before this though

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

i want to reiterate to you, pentyne, that regardless of your intentions, you are posting in a way that is perfectly calibrated to advancing the goal of having the current fund shut down before the new one is up and ready.

i do not believe that is what you intend, but that is the likely material result of your actions thus far.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

A big flaming stink posted:

i want to reiterate to you, pentyne, that regardless of your intentions, you are posting in a way that is perfectly calibrated to advancing the goal of having the current fund shut down before the new one is up and ready.

i do not believe that is what you intend, but that is the likely material result of your actions thus far.

weird that asking basic questions about accountability and transparency is an existential threat to this fund.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
they're not wrong c-spam can't react normally but you're also insane if you think rushing relentlessly in the charity thread looks normal. all in all some very bored people. jeffrey is pulling aggro from the goon rush. hes in cspams corner. he blasted tudes rear end on our orders

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Feel free to quote me in the pyf tankie thread but have any of the posters who started posting itt after the qcs thread was started contributed to the fund at all?

Because it seems like the people who read the op and subbed the Patreon anyway aren't the ones suddenly asking questions

I could be wrong on that, I'd like to be actually

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

are you making this criticism with hopes that it will lead to plinkey changing? because plinkey has made it emininently obvious he is unwilling to do so. are you making this criticism to discourage people from contributing to the fund? because if that's the case wow thats loving lovely.

people have attested, over and over, that this is not a problem for them. if this is a problem for you, either do not donate yourself, or convince others not to donate.

if you do the latter, people in here are going to get angry at you
aye aye aye, you have some pretzel logic here

Plinkey has already stated that he is going to release numbers. That sounds like he is, in fact, willing to change! And I think its a terrific start. The biggest problem, imo, is that there is no transparency with the fund. The community should know what is happening with the money, how much money the fund has, etc. It is my sincere hope that Plinkey continues to supply this information moving forward. It is the right thing to do, and will help to re-build trust.

Following from that, I also hope that Plinkey can look to the UK fund for inspiration, and will look to re-structure things such to avoid any unnecessary third party fees, like the cut Patreon is currently taking. I know several people have reached out to him to assist with this. In fact, if Plinkey is willing to work to make that happen, then I see absolutely no reason for the other fund to exist. The best case scenario here really is that Plinkey and those goons team up improve the infrastructure of our existing fund. I think that would best serve everyone!

Now, if Plinkey is unable to make any long-term changes, in that case, yeah I think that people would be much better served supporting the other fund. But no, altogether the point of my criticism is not at all to just discourage people from giving to a charitable cause. I just don't want to see people get ripped off.

And again, yes I know that there are people ITT who do not care about the lack of transparency. You can go back to the start of the thread and follow it and find that there have been plenty of people who feel differently than that, long before the "pyf drama invasion".

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

pentyne posted:

weird that asking basic questions about accountability and transparency is an existential threat to this fund.

You know every answer that exists right now. Continuing to go “where is the transparency????” isn’t going to get you anything new and just increase the tension and hostility of the situation.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If a QCS thread gets locked because the conversation is going in a huge circle maybe it should be a rule that you shouldn't go to a different thread and just keep going in the same circle.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
may i at least see the patreon generated reports without the user information. just delete those columns in excel or w/e. can i just see how much patreon has consumed as a service user

i dont understand why it would take more than 5 mins to do that

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

pentyne posted:

and yet it could be! with that in mind, do you think it is a net good for you to continue this manner of posting?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

fun hater posted:

may i at least see the patreon generated reports without the user information. just delete those columns in excel or w/e. can i just see how much patreon has consumed as a service user

i dont understand why it would take more than 5 mins to do that
you ain't important, wait like the rest of us to see if jeff gets them or not

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

aye aye aye, you have some pretzel logic here

Plinkey has already stated that he is going to release numbers. That sounds like he is, in fact, willing to change! And I think its a terrific start. The biggest problem, imo, is that there is no transparency with the fund. The community should know what is happening with the money, how much money the fund has, etc. It is my sincere hope that Plinkey continues to supply this information moving forward. It is the right thing to do, and will help to re-build trust.

Following from that, I also hope that Plinkey can look to the UK fund for inspiration, and will look to re-structure things such to avoid any unnecessary third party fees, like the cut Patreon is currently taking. I know several people have reached out to him to assist with this. In fact, if Plinkey is willing to work to make that happen, then I see absolutely no reason for the other fund to exist. The best case scenario here really is that Plinkey and those goons team up improve the infrastructure of our existing fund. I think that would best serve everyone!

Now, if Plinkey is unable to make any long-term changes, in that case, yeah I think that people would be much better served supporting the other fund. But no, altogether the point of my criticism is not at all to just discourage people from giving to a charitable cause. I just don't want to see people get ripped off.

And again, yes I know that there are people ITT who do not care about the lack of transparency. You can go back to the start of the thread and follow it and find that there have been plenty of people who feel differently than that, long before the "pyf drama invasion".

im gonna be real with you the thread of the other fund currently has every stereotype of a goon project going down in flames

fun hater
May 24, 2009

World Famous W posted:

you ain't important, wait like the rest of us to see if jeff gets them or not

why. why would sharing that information be controversial

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

im gonna be real with you the thread of the other fund currently has every stereotype of a goon project going down in flames

well that would suck. Sounds like the ball is in Plinkey's court to try and fix things then, and hopefully he will

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

fun hater posted:

Wow this is a great idea, I think its really important that the mods and admins should see it right away. You should go post it in QCS!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

Wow this is a great idea, I think its really important that the mods and admins should see it right away. You should go post it in QCS!

the only person who has this info is the op. whats with the hostility

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Hey maybe you can organize a mutual aid fund to raise them $10

:boom:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

spacemang_spliff posted:

Nope

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

fun hater posted:

no idea where you get that from "wait with the rest of us" but i don't think it is

asking for patience is not the same as asking to drop it

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

fun hater posted:

the only person who has this info is the op. whats with the hostility

QCS is a really helpful cool forum where you can talk about issues with other threads, forum rules, and ideas to help other goons. It's the perfect place for great ideas like yours, I don't know what you're talking about re aggression.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

pentyne posted:

*than

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i have the 15% founder plan on Patreon and the new pricing system is obtuse enough that my 20% estimate might be way off but it would be useful to know going forward what the cut is for when i need to bitch abt patreon about how theyre loving us lol

World Famous W posted:

no idea where you get that from "wait with the rest of us" but i don't think it is

asking for patience is not the same as asking to drop it

it would be the barest step toward any view of the backend and could be done very quickly for the benefit of freelancers

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
from what plinkey has said he's come to an agreement with jeff to provide a spreadsheet of what's coming and going

for now I think that is about as much as the concerned citizens are going to get and you'll have to patient, in the meantime if you're uncomfortable with how plinkey runs the fund don't donate to it

if you're still concerned then feel free to start another QCS thread on the topic

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Arf. Money. Now.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

fun hater posted:

it would be the barest step toward any view of the backend and could be done very quickly for the benefit of freelancers
and they and jeff are apparently actively in talks about this. unless you doubt the sincerity of either of them (which is a different subject) you can wait to see what comes of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fun hater
May 24, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

QCS is a really helpful cool forum where you can talk about issues with other threads, forum rules, and ideas to help other goons. It's the perfect place for great ideas like yours, I don't know what you're talking about re aggression.

this is unconvincing and weird behavior

spacemang_spliff posted:

from what plinkey has said he's come to an agreement with jeff to provide a spreadsheet of what's coming and going

for now I think that is about as much as the concerned citizens are going to get and you'll have to patient, in the meantime if you're uncomfortable with how plinkey runs the fund don't donate to it

if you're still concerned then feel free to start another QCS thread on the topic

im askin for a scrap here for data points tbh. if someone else has a patreon under the new pricing system dm me ty

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)