Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Nanomashoes posted:

1) they have a something awful account

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
somebody is uploading the new adam curtis to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke600MgW1F0

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/e1podcast/status/1582108949654163456?s=46&t=AArTBLrng2yzMKRKrrq8_w

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

they have to imply slurs for it to count, and need someone with an obnoxious at first but you eventually grow to love it laugh

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i just went to look up some cum town clips on yt, and the top four hits are all stav talking about cum town on other podcasts, lol

my man got his bag

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

seems to have been pretty mutually beneficial

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Hooplah posted:

i just went to look up some cum town clips on yt, and the top four hits are all stav talking about cum town on other podcasts, lol

Of course they are, he spammed the algorithm. His special etc has the advantage of not having a bad word in the title so it’s always going to push that instead of something “naughty” :redass:

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Cum is a bad word because sex is wrong

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

seems to have been pretty mutually beneficial

what's funny is if stav was game for the switch toward video and willing to put in more effort the patreon would have pulled the same numbers. i bet like 90% of the new patreon subscribers are existing listeners who steal the show coming back into the fold just to see the studio antics

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

TheSlutPit posted:

Sometimes I wonder if chapo did more harm than good going all in on bernie, especially with all the “last off-ramp before total collapse” rhetoric. Like they pulled in a whole crowd of disillusioned people getting into politics for the first time, told them the only possible solution was electing a 78 y/o social democrat president and then got all pathetic when they lost. I feel like the first thing you learn in any kind of activism is that you take 5-10 L’s for every win but they just hyped up a whole lot of people and then told them to give up.

I have never seen a win in my life lmao

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Genuinely wondering what would “keep fighting!!” have looked like in the context of the 2016 and 2020 elections after Bernie lost the nomination? If the answer is to channel that energy into down ticket races remember that the Dems consistently put up terrible candidates that you or they can’t in good conscience encourage people to support. “Vote blue no matter who” tries to pass itself off as “don’t let the perfect be the enemy of good (so vote for our mediocre, frankly indistinguishable from a republican candidate)”.

It was actually a great lesson- “this is how they gently caress you”- hating on them for not having a plan for that energy they whipped up is frankly asinine- do those people need to be told what to do for everything? Same vibes as the “where’s my 20 bux Bernie!!!” :argh: folks who apparently thought their puny donation was buying a share in the presidency and felt justified in wanting it back.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

Genuinely wondering what would “keep fighting!!” have looked like in the context of the 2016 and 2020 elections after Bernie lost the nomination? If the answer is to channel that energy into down ticket races remember that the Dems consistently put up terrible candidates that you or they can’t in good conscience encourage people to support. “Vote blue no matter who” tries to pass itself off as “don’t let the perfect be the enemy of good (so vote for our mediocre, frankly indistinguishable from a republican candidate)”.

It was actually a great lesson- “this is how they gently caress you”- hating on them for not having a plan for that energy they whipped up is frankly asinine- do those people need to be told what to do for everything? Same vibes as the “where’s my 20 bux Bernie!!!” :argh: folks who apparently thought their puny donation was buying a share in the presidency and felt justified in wanting it back.

hindsight yadda yadda but if hillary was gonna lose anyway, bernie should have pulled 8% in a third-party 2016 run

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

i say swears online posted:

what's funny is if stav was game for the switch toward video and willing to put in more effort the patreon would have pulled the same numbers. i bet like 90% of the new patreon subscribers are existing listeners who steal the show coming back into the fold just to see the studio antics

Yeah it doesn't look like that spike actually started when he left. Looks like it really took off in late-July or early August.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

Of course they are, he spammed the algorithm. His special etc has the advantage of not having a bad word in the title so it’s always going to push that instead of something “naughty” :redass:

huge critical support to all the cum town fans coping with their podcast friends breaking up by making weird posts like this

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

babypolis posted:

every single cspam forums superstar has sucked enormous amounts of poo poo but he was truly number 1

excuse me???

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

studio mujahideen posted:

huge critical support to all the cum town fans coping with their podcast friends breaking up by making weird posts like this

shut up bitch

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

No but he did hire someone who put together his strategy, including targeting the algorithm with crowdwork videos

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i think thats a good idea and i hope stavros is successful

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

my fellow Americans … we have been hosed in the rear end by the studio mujahideen

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

this is why cum town never needed to pay for transcripts, you just needed to mildly insult their fans

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
often think of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEZ0qka2wxo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it's my favorite bit from the show i think

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

this is why cum town never needed to pay for transcripts, you just needed to mildly insult their fans

I’ve gone this long without learning what cumtown is, i just need to hold out a little longer and I’ll never need to learn

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

i say swears online posted:

it's my favorite bit from the show i think

not exactly a bit but i think of this 1 from time to time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwPKFWy7W08

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
black power fist thats melded with an oil derrick inside it

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

lobster shirt posted:

i think thats a good idea and i hope stavros is successful

stav being the laugh track was part of the secret sauce that made cumtown great but it really did just add nothing new for the past like year and he left at the right time, glad he's doing well in his standup, he should do that twitch dating advice stream poo poo again that was good

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Shipon posted:

stav being the laugh track was part of the secret sauce that made cumtown great but it really did just add nothing new for the past like year and he left at the right time, glad he's doing well in his standup, he should do that twitch dating advice stream poo poo again that was good

someone copied the format but with an invented character. he lost the rights to the show yesterday when G4 imploded lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqc_b1In5BU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Black Power plc

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Just listened to the first part of Trueanon Game Part 3, where they reenact one of the game’s put-down sessions. It’s horrible… it’s also often the way people on the forums talk to each other, so surely it can’t be as harmful as depicted. otherwise we’d be all hosed up, no?

It makes me sad 😔

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

mawarannahr posted:

Just listened to the first part of Trueanon Game Part 3, where they reenact one of the game’s put-down sessions. It’s horrible… it’s also often the way people on the forums talk to each other, so surely it can’t be as harmful as depicted. otherwise we’d be all hosed up, no?

It makes me sad 😔

stfu bitch

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i'm the main character of cspam ama npcs

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

mawarannahr posted:

It makes me sad 😔

we're nowhere near that personal

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I’m pretty sure when they’re taking about mk ultra they’re playing the deus ex soundtrack around 26 min

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

tokin opposition posted:

we're nowhere near that personal

honestly i think the forums are pretty fun. the game was genuinely mean spirited and cruel, big diff. thats why im always like tucker face huh? when i see someone lose the plot and just be like really mean. so hosed up

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Smythe posted:

stfu bitch

:hmmyes:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Smythe posted:

stfu bitch

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

tokin opposition posted:

i'm the main character of cspam ama npcs

Jerk detected! This user is on your ignore list, click to view post anyway

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
hobo matt christman making me laugh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pogi
Jun 11, 2014

mawarannahr posted:

It makes me sad 😔

Keep in mind that the people going through this program would have generally been at low points in their lives, and besides that it was all viscerally personal. Dunking on someone’s bad post isn’t the same.

That part did shake me up though. If I had sat through one of these things anytime from like 14 to 22 it would have completely broken me.