Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
also the terrible result wasn't implied, it was explicit:

Neuronyx posted:

I'm intrigued by the sentiment that murderers should be rehabilitated so they can go out and walk among the people whos loved ones they killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Stereotype posted:

drat. Page sniping in the mass shooter thread? Really?

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Stereotype posted:

Sorry, I got in an argument with someone else about something similar irl and had flashbacks when i read your post. sorry, my bad

Can't even blame you with the amount of people with poo poo takes running around, it's alright.

Stereotype posted:

I thought suggesting that this is what I think might happen was implying, sorry if that's not correct. I honestly thought that while bleak it was a realistic possibility, not some horrible exaggeration.

Edit: I'm sorry if anything I say ever comes off combative or anything, it's never my intention but words in my brain don't always come out of my hands unscathed.

Neuronyx has issued a correction as of 23:55 on Oct 17, 2022

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Neuronyx posted:

Also is there a running joke i'm not aware of where you act like Australians are the worst humans alive or what? :confused:

No its just a fact.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

In Canada there was a horrific murder on a Greyhound bus in 2008. The murderer was schizophrenic and couldn't understand right and wrong. He got treatment for his mental health, deeply regrets the murder and wants to make sure he stays in treatment so he never has delusions again, and now he is a free man. Schizophrenia is something we are able to treat consistently, and I think this was a just way to handle the situation. I don't know what you do about a person who one day decides to kill as many people as possible because he hates society, but that's a tiny subset of the people in prisons today.

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

A Bakers Cousin posted:

No its just a fact.

See?! Why is it a fact? I'm out of the loop here.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Ah ok the base cause of these mass murderers is capitalism so just get rid of that and you don't have to worry about rehab vs euthanasia

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Neuronyx posted:

See?! Why is it a fact? I'm out of the loop here.

Theres a few things have you tried looking at literally anything

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Buddy pal person, people have been vitriolic over something as simple as the accent, that kind of rabid hatred can't be from anything easy to notice. Best I can think of is the racism but they're not original in that regard.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Australians aren't the worst people as long as the Baltic states exist. Hungarians are worse, but they aren't people.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Australians aren't the worst people as long as the Baltic states exist. Hungarians are worse, but they aren't people.

if you want to know what Hungarians are like just read my posting history

I'm Hungarian-American but the curse runs swiftly through my veins

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Neuronyx posted:

Also is there a running joke i'm not aware of where you act like Australians are the worst humans alive or what? :confused:

disgusting hyper racist cultureless settler nation that needs to be destroyed asap

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
Australia is like the case study on what you do after a mass shooting happens.

This thread is loving trash

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Both things can be true

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

skipmyseashells posted:

disgusting hyper racist cultureless settler nation that needs to be destroyed asap

Is it because they're racist? Because if that's the criteria needed to be destroyed then the planet should probably end up looking like the moon if everyone got what they deserved. It sounds like they've done just about the same horrible poo poo everyone's done. Only with a silly accent and fewer child shootings.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Neuronyx posted:

Is it because they're racist? Because if that's the criteria needed to be destroyed then the planet should probably end up looking like the moon if everyone got what they deserved. It sounds like they've done just about the same horrible poo poo everyone's done. Only with a silly accent and fewer child shootings.

Hi welcome to cspam

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

skipmyseashells posted:

ok but what about australia

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

whos that broooown posted:

yes it is and I think most posters in this thread would agree

This thread is loving trash

takes one to know one!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

skipmyseashells posted:

this

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

*before the next one

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Australia is light on domestic mass shootings at the moment due to market conditions, but like all the anglo settler colonial states their mass shooter export potential is huge. So far they're only really well known in New Zealand and Afghanistan these days, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them expanding into more markets soon. The competition will be fierce.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

Neuronyx posted:

there’s a big difference between racism of the world and racism that leads to genocide and imperialism the likes of which could only be compared to the other settler nations of Israel america and Canada. and unlike the other three nations actually almost finished their genocide plans which is why they act all cheery and post racial as a society

the white Australia policy didn’t even stop until 1973, Australia is the vanguard of white supremacy and there’s a reason why they tried convincing thatcher to save Rhodesia until the very end

to sum it up Australia is like Canada where it hides a lot of brutality by smart PR and fake culture that was created in the last 30 years so the drunk settlers that consist of these nations never stop and think about how they got there.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Australia is the only non European country that still has** a 90% white ethnic background. You gotta go way beyond what ‘everyone else was up to’ and shift the ‘criteria needed for racism’ to about nazi levels to match what Canberra was putting out the last 200 years

edited**

skipmyseashells has issued a correction as of 11:02 on Oct 18, 2022

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
Abolishing prisons means abolishing Australia. That’s just the facts.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Outback ethnostate

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
the worst mass shooting behind Vegas in recent history was that neo-nazi aussie that went to Christchurch too

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

this thread feels extremely gbs now

what happened

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Neuronyx posted:

you're overthinking it, americans like to make fun of australians because we are the funhouse mirror version of each other. we are each other's dumb racist cousins. america is Scooby Dum and australia is also Scooby Dum

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Hooplah posted:

this thread feels extremely gbs now

what happened

It's like the worst of the brits came over and colonized the place

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

skipmyseashells posted:

Turn your monitor on.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
not really a mass shooting but kinda? I've been following this story for a bit and its gotten weird. apparently these dudes tried robbing some scrap yards, ran into the wrong person, and got shot, dismembered, and thrown in a river for their troubles. don't do crimes, kids

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/18/us/oklahoma-missing-bikers-what-we-know/index.html

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

not really a mass shooting but kinda? I've been following this story for a bit and its gotten weird. apparently these dudes tried robbing some scrap yards, ran into the wrong person, and got shot, dismembered, and thrown in a river for their troubles. don't do crimes, kids

https://www.cnn.com/2022/10/18/us/oklahoma-missing-bikers-what-we-know/index.html

Hold on can't you just shoot anyone on your property in Oklahoma without going through the trouble of dismembering the bodies and tossing them in a river

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

you're overthinking it, americans like to make fun of australians because we are the funhouse mirror version of each other. we are each other's dumb racist cousins. america is Scooby Dum and australia is also Scooby Dum

Ha, this does make sense.

skipmyseashells posted:

there’s a big difference between racism of the world and racism that leads to genocide and imperialism the likes of which could only be compared to the other settler nations of Israel america and Canada. and unlike the other three nations actually almost finished their genocide plans which is why they act all cheery and post racial as a society

the white Australia policy didn’t even stop until 1973, Australia is the vanguard of white supremacy and there’s a reason why they tried convincing thatcher to save Rhodesia until the very end

to sum it up Australia is like Canada where it hides a lot of brutality by smart PR and fake culture that was created in the last 30 years so the drunk settlers that consist of these nations never stop and think about how they got there.

Well gently caress me I had no idea they'd been such "successful" colonizers.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

I mean haha but you know scooby-doo actually has an Australian cousin right? Scooby-Dundee makes an appearance in both Scooby-Doo! Doown Under and in Scooby-Doo! And the Legend of the Drop Bear

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

I mean haha but you know scooby-doo actually has an Australian cousin right? Scooby-Dundee makes an appearance in both Scooby-Doo! Doown Under and in Scooby-Doo! And the Legend of the Drop Bear

but is Scooby-Dundee also Scooby-Dum's cousin?

e: i need to see a family tree

TrekBek
Mar 27, 2013

slug life

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I'll never be able to sneak onto a jury because I'm a nullifier, but I especially will never be able to do it because I also believe that if your crime is really impressive you shouldn't go to jail.

like, this almost 70 year old man shot and dismembered four young, big-looking dudes? badass. slap him with a fine for dumping in the river at max.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

TrekBek posted:

I'll never be able to sneak onto a jury because I'm a nullifier, but I especially will never be able to do it because I also believe that if your crime is really impressive you shouldn't go to jail.

like, this almost 70 year old man shot and dismembered four young, big-looking dudes? badass. slap him with a fine for dumping in the river at max.

I doubt he did it by himself and had help from all the aryan gangs that run Oklahoma

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Neuronyx posted:

what do you have against the moon

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

I have nothing but reverence. :witch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost

TrekBek posted:

yeah man that’s what semi-automatic guns do, they let any random person with a functioning trigger finger shoot people a bunch of times