Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Is the Russ trade now the worst in history

:whitewater:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bolt up

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/1582217900936466434?t=GMMlb_rA4em9R6G6cP_4XA&s=19

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LiquidFriend posted:

Maybe not, but the extension before he ever played a snap really put it over the top.

Well yeah I'm factoring that into the assessment.

Also YEEEEESH

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I wonder if we'll win a single division game this year

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Any time I'm upset my team gave Kyler Kliff and Kiem bags of cash, I can look north to Colorado and see a much worse decision.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

:rip:

I broke my ankle on a hike and ended up not making the game. lmao.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Fully broke? Not a bad sprain? Did you roll it on a branch or rock?

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
Ouch that sucks. But think of the pain you were spared by not going to the game.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I was curious and had a look, and age 34 Joe Flacco was basically the same as age 34 Russell Wilson through 6 games, with maybe a slight edge to Flacco. That trade and contact are a disaster.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

:rip:

I broke my ankle on a hike and ended up not making the game. lmao.
It was for the best.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Simplex posted:

I was curious and had a look, and age 34 Joe Flacco was basically the same as age 34 Russell Wilson through 6 games, with maybe a slight edge to Flacco. That trade and contact are a disaster.

Speaking as a Seahawks fan, they look great to me.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Let Brett Ryp!™️

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Not likely Russ is gonna be the chef next week, so chalk up the Jags game as an L. After that is the bye and he should be back after that.

@TEN
LV
@CAR
@BAL
KC
AZ
@LAR
@KC
LAC

That's a brutal schedule for a team that's basically quit already.

There's a fair shot they could go winless, but I think the ceiling for this stretch is 2 wins.

2-15 to 4-13 would lock the Seahawks in with a top 5 pick and would almost assuredly cause the entire staff to get fired.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

LiquidFriend posted:

Not likely Russ is gonna be the chef next week, so chalk up the Jags game as an L. After that is the bye and he should be back after that.

@TEN
LV
@CAR
@BAL
KC
AZ
@LAR
@KC
LAC

That's a brutal schedule for a team that's basically quit already.

There's a fair shot they could go winless, but I think the ceiling for this stretch is 2 wins.

2-15 to 4-13 would lock the Seahawks in with a top 5 pick and would almost assuredly cause the entire staff to get fired.

Who the gently caress is going to want that job when you’re handcuffed to Wilson for the next two years, have no first rounders and have to play the Chiefs twice a year.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Who the gently caress is going to want that job when you’re handcuffed to Wilson for the next two years, have no first rounders and have to play the Chiefs twice a year.
No idea. It's not like they can draft a young QB to build up either because the Seahawks will be doing that with their pick. :laugh:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow Denver is really hosed. I'm not mad about it, just... gently caress. I didn't realize how much they actually gave up for Russ

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

SalTheBard posted:

Wow Denver is really hosed. I'm not mad about it, just... gently caress. I didn't realize how much they actually gave up for Russ

It's incredible, isn't it?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
They gave up a lot of picks to get him, and then extended him to a very costly and hard to get out of contract

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Well if there is a silver lining, I think today showed that it can always get worse.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I’m personally just a little bit mad that they’re squandering such an impressive defense. We would have mostly wins this year if we had anything other than the worst offense in the league

I really want Hackett gone but I’m worried the injuries will provide cover for him

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

The Chargers' record is still decent but I am more demoralized about them than I have been in years. Staley lost me when he didn't take Herbert out after he hosed up his ribs and has done nothing to win me back since. Joe Lombardi's offensive playcalling is cowardly predictable garbage. Injuries have hosed the team but I'm hoping that isn't an excuse to not move on if things continue like this.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Chiefs - Niners was really really good until the Jimmy safety...at that point it became unfair.

Chiefs still legit.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I listened to the game on the radio for a bit. Mitch Holtus said this was the Chiefs first road victory in San Francisco since like 1971.

I know the Chiefs and the 49ers don't play THAT much, but that blew my mind.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Oct 24, 2022

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
It has been so nice to watch receivers who can actually 1) catch the ball and 2) make plays other than Hill. Watching this Chiefs team really solidifies just how bad our receivers have been the last few years. Even Hardman seems to be playing with more confidence and actually catching passes. Between that and the cool tight end stuff we have going on, it feels like a better offense overall.

Except Moore, idk if dude is not running his routes right but two intercepted passes intended for him and two horrible muffed punts in two games is not a good look.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Broncos have 4 losses this year in which their defense gave up fewer than 20 points.

Since the start of the Mahomes administration in 2018, the rest of the AFC West has 4 such losses, combined. The Broncos have 13. (I'll give you one guess who did it to the Chiefs)

If you go back to '16, it gets less dramatic, because the Alex Smith Chiefs had 7 such losses in '16 and '17 and the Broncos only had 2.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
In Chiefs news that no one outside of this thread will care about and few inside it:

https://twitter.com/mattderrick/status/1584639794076086272

I remember him getting some buzz in preseason. He hasn't done anything but he's...apparently a good teammate? Which is nice.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BridgetCondon_/status/1584658588475457536?s=20&t=QO-grKjnOTSYmoEzmdPsgQ

nopants
May 29, 2004
I wonder if the whole thing with moore is that pat expects his receivers to run their routes differently based on how the defense is lined up and moore isn't doing it, or moore is altering his routes but still not how pat expects him to

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I think he’s just not ready to see the field. Certainly not as a punt returner.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I have really high expectations for Sky Moore and it has bummed me out to see him struggle.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Sucks for JC Jackson. Sounds like it's maybe a career ending sort of thing.

At least he got paid first.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The raiders are pretty clearly the 2nd best team in the division and can put up a fight against the Chiefs if it comes down to it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Let the “competitively losing to the chiefs” banners fly

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Thoughts?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
Let’s ride

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Knowing all too well how poo poo the people of Denver are I expect to see multiple Russell Wilson blackface costumes, yeah

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

The raiders are pretty clearly the 2nd best team in the division and can put up a fight against the Chiefs if it comes down to it

I'd say they are clearly the best team in the division and one of the best in the NFL.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What's the point of posting like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I never thought of Seattle as a backwater, but it's crazy how quickly it became a national story that Russ is a fake rear end cornball as soon as he left. We went from "why wouldn't someone like Russ?"
to "who actually likes this guy? " in 3 months time.