Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My Hildibrand adventures keep leading me to Idyllshire, so I've been using my teleports I need to fight a boss for. Thusly,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/0210a35806ead4c80482b12a3edd9eb5e4db5bb0

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

/WoW

KoB
May 1, 2009
"Guardian will no longer have an effect on targets interacting with an object."

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

you might have flapjack and the rich lady under your spell, but it's gonna take more than that to -

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I love that skink, I wonder if it will have a blue tongue.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

hooray

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

God Hildebrand is just the stupidest stupidest thing in the world and I love it for that.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

praise hydaelyn

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid
Liking the new dungeon. Mobs are easy enough to handle just using the defensive action, and the bosses feature surprisingly engaging mechanics which will ruin you if you try to ignore them (as a non-tank). The branching paths are handled pretty well also (though the latter 2 choices being first come-first served could probably get annoying if you're trying for a particular path).

Currently waiting for a group to form to try the Criterion version.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

oh thank christ

they arent joke weapons

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I forgot to log in early and do the first day of a new tribe quest before daily reset. My streak is ruined. :(:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
This might be the most annoying patch Hildibrand's ever had. I'm even less of a fan than usual.

Also, a very weird thing that I quickly noticed: the base Gunbreaker relic model is a drat-near reskin of the base ShB Gunblade relic model. No idea why, the others I've seen aren't, but that one is WEIRDLY identical.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Oct 18, 2022

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vitamean posted:

oh thank christ

they arent joke weapons

Good, means the joke weapons won't need a whole grind when they arrive

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Criterion version of the new dungeon is... rather nasty. I shudder to think what the savage version is like.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Thundarr posted:

I forgot to log in early and do the first day of a new tribe quest before daily reset. My streak is ruined. :(:

You have 2 hours till reset, this is literally the first day still.

edit: unless you're playing from the Americas and is at work right now I guess, which probably applies to most people here now that I think about it.

Algid fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 18, 2022

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Cleretic posted:

This might be the most annoying patch Hildibrand's ever had. I'm even less of a fan than usual.

Also, a very weird thing that I quickly noticed: the base Gunbreaker relic model is a drat-near reskin of the base ShB Gunblade relic model. No idea why, the others I've seen aren't, but that one is WEIRDLY identical.

lol this is probably the best Manderville to date, for me

Nashu's wildest fantasy both enabled and dashed by alien tech

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Man the Omicron quests are pure :3:

I love we're getting more info and reviving the dead civilizations, maybe we'll get better details on the Ra-Laians. Also more remixes of Close the Distance.

That said I gotta get the last 3 levels on my FSH to 80 to make use of the dailies, it sucks non-combat quests give no tomes at max level.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Offkorn posted:

Criterion version of the new dungeon is... rather nasty. I shudder to think what the savage version is like.
It's amazing no team is in savage yet

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wow the new music (well remix) in the new beast tribe area :swoon:

edit: Yeesh I just saw the new Hidly relics. How disappointing. I was hoping for some real goofy looking poo poo and it's... not.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Oct 18, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Wow the new music (well remix) in the new beast tribe area :swoon:

edit: Yeesh I just saw the new Hidly relics. How disappointing. I was hoping for some real goofy looking poo poo and it's... not.

It's the first tier. At very least the glows are probably going to be something.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Vitamean posted:

oh thank christ

they arent joke weapons

they're terribly boring looking instead

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

Good, means the joke weapons won't need a whole grind when they arrive

Unless the joke weapons are the final form we get with 6.55... :ohdear:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

FuturePastNow posted:

they're terribly boring looking instead

Yeah, of them the only one that really jumps out at me is the Sage one because it looks like mini Ragnaroks.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Vitamean posted:

oh thank christ

they arent joke weapons

Yes. I too hate fun.

God forbid the Manderville weapons be fun. If you want boring "normal" looking weapons, perhaps I can interest you in... every single other weapon in the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

theres no need to get mad at people for having different opinions/not liking the jokey designs in the game lol

Frost Ace
Oct 26, 2010
If you glam anything other than a mascot costume, just know that you're a fun hater.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Going to download mods that remove all the wacky meme outfits :twisted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Going to download mods that remove all the wacky meme outfits :twisted:
already got them installed. they make the game a lot better tbh.

Tunahead
Mar 26, 2010

There's a boss pattern in the new dungeon where I'm pretty sure the only safe zone indicator is the boss' tail turning either blue or green. That can't possibly be colorblind-friendly.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

theres no need to get mad at people for having different opinions/not liking the jokey designs in the game lol

I can get very mad at people who dislike the slapstick humor of Hildebrand and are rejoicing in the boring as hell (initial) weapons we got, it's the internet. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

We have like three entire upgrades to put some goofy stuff on these.

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Tunahead posted:

There's a boss pattern in the new dungeon where I'm pretty sure the only safe zone indicator is the boss' tail turning either blue or green. That can't possibly be colorblind-friendly.

Yeah, and the pattern is semi-random. It really lives up to its 'trial of knowledge' name.

Had one group where someone had trouble telling the green and yellow puffs apart due to color recognition issues (at least there you can watch for the lightning though).

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Spoilers for a dialogue option in the Omicron unlock:

"I swore I'd never go back to retail."
"This unit is asking you nicely. Also, it is technically "food service.""

I love this game sometimes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I really enjoy Stigma-4's commentary on all the quests

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Tunahead posted:

He has a buff and a cast bar that also indicate (in the normal version at least)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Regy Rusty posted:

I really enjoy Stigma-4's commentary on all the quests

They're so over all this meatbag nonsense and it's great. :allears:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

also I just wanted to say that NOT ONLY am I glad that they are not joke weapons, BUT ALSO I cutscene skip all the manderville stuff because it sucks

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Badger of Basra posted:

also I just wanted to say that NOT ONLY am I glad that they are not joke weapons, BUT ALSO I cutscene skip all the manderville stuff because it sucks

Monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Badger of Basra posted:

can't believe a goon has a negative opinion on something they haven't experienced