Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Sony is not for poor people, we've known this

DualExpense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Use a variety of tools, sneak, fight, or unleash hell and rats"

I don't know if I can justify this so close to Ragnarok and IRL expenses, but I really want to

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Bugblatter posted:

Someone wondered earlier about A Plague Tale's haptics. They're rather active. You feel a footstep pulse in the run button (R2) when you're sprinting. Brushing through overgrown grass has a sensation much like Returnal's. There's tension on certain weapons, and so forth. Nothing that hasn't been done before, but well implemented.

This is good to hear, one of my main draws these days.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sony making a lot of stuff i dont want these days

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This is pretty good

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Volte posted:

They didn't mention Game Pass being on Playstation so I don't exactly know what you're getting at, in fact most of the times Game Pass appears in that document are about content becoming "Game Pass exclusive" (which I guess is a shorthand for "exclusive to platforms with Game Pass" but still seems misleading to be in a legal response). Even if that were the case, if Game Pass were to be on the Playstation, it would hardly be a losing position for Sony, even if it's not an outcome they relish.

Yeah, I've been saying since the Bethesda buyout that Microsoft's end goal is to make Gamepass so essential that it's competitors, especially Sony will feels obligated to allow it on their platforms. I think Sony knows this too and it feels like a real threat to them which is at least part of why they are making such a big deal out of it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

This is pretty good

I can't take credit for it, Aipsh said it during the reveal

edit; Veni :suicide:

veni veni veni posted:

No, that was me :mad:

Whoops, Veni with the prescience

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Oct 18, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sony being brazen enough to charge 200 for a controller makes me worry a bit about the price of PSVR2. I thought given the competition and current VR market it would be under $400 but now I sort of feel like who knows how much it's gonna be.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I can't take credit for it, Aipsh said it during the reveal

No, that was me :mad:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yeah, I've been saying since the Bethesda buyout that Microsoft's end goal is to make Gamepass so essential that it's competitors, especially Sony will feels obligated to allow it on their platforms. I think Sony knows this too and it feels like a real threat to them which is at least part of why they are making such a big deal out of it.

Yeah, I was gonna post that you've been saying this forever, and I still think Sony will never do it. I think they'd sooner wall themselves off like Nintendo.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I don't understand who the market is for a 200 dollar controller. The standard PS5 controller is great.

Suckers who can be bullied into paying a ransom for what ought to be $30 worth of back buttons. :negative:

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

A great Youtuber I watch called John Wolfe got to play an early build of Dead Space. Here's the video, it's about 45 minutes (all of Chapter 3) of raw gameplay. He's a legit youtuber, he does the Youtube face doing clips of actual reaction during the video because of the Youtube algorithm, but his reactions are legit and he's pretty honest about games (probably softer on sponsored videos though for obvious reasons).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLF8eAlUXUg

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

mcmagic posted:

I don't understand who the market is for a 200 dollar controller. The standard PS5 controller is great.

Yeah, I love the DualSense, it's loving ace. I feel like they are aiming this at the esports types, or the fighting game scene that they've been courting so hard. I think the controller looks neat but I def don't need a carrying case and poo poo. Unnecessary baggage.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

haveblue posted:

There are games better than Elden Ring. Elden Ring isn't even the best From game (that's Bloodborne)

Pssst.

It's dark souls 1.

(It might be demon souls, I am not nerdy enough to have played that one)

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Tunic is great, blind Rasputin and everyone sold me on it and I’m hooked. A bit lost but I’m not very far yet, so I’m sure I’ll get my bearings soon enough.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

I LOVED Elden Ring. It is my favourite Fromsoft game.

However, I also played Metroid Dread, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, 3, The Surge 1, 2, Bloodstained, Inscryption, Kentucky Route Zero, Control, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and am starting Symphony of the Night tonight so this is actually an exceptionally tricky choice.

drat those are some good games

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I just remembered I bought Tunic so that's another thing to play before requiem

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

This is insanely my jam

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They saw people paying $200+ for scuf controllers and got dollar signs in their eyes, but the reason people paid that much was due to lack of other options and limited manufacturing capabilities (Which Sony does not have). I suspect that most of the people who are willing to spend whale prices to be more competitive have already bought something else in the decade it took for Sony to finally release a pro controller and the average person is just not going to pay $200 for a controller. It's wildly overpriced and I hope it sells really poorly, because that thing probably costs Sony about three dollars more to make than a regular Dualsense.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
And the FG scene is going to buy fight sticks if they haven't already

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

A Plague Tale Requiem is so drat pretty. I don't think there are any other games that can match its environmental detail. Some of the later areas are loving crazy.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Yeah I felt lost in tunic for a while but there’s only four or five actual areas outside the overworld. Definitely explore the overworld as much as you can to find the shield and staff. Keep going and look closely at the manual! There are a lot of little handwritten notes on pages, or like little arrows and stuff, and the only thing I wish I knew was that this stuff was for late game little things and not for the main main game. Most everything you need to know for the main game is in your face in the manual. Maybe except for the holy cross which I’m still mad about lol.

Plagues Tale on a VRR tv runs very well on ps5. The facial and mouth animations are sorely lacking but I’m finding it easy to ignore when the voice acting and music are so incredibly stellar. I just got to chapter 2 and the game definitely has grown substantially in scale and ability since the first one. It’s gorgeous. It’s..really loving gorgeous. Hard to say it’s the most beautiful game I’ve ever played, as I’ve played too many of those this past year (Elden Ring, TLOU remaster, etc) but it’s a really positive showing for what true next gen looks like. The level of detail is no joke. The amount of texture detail they choke slam into every frame is kind of absurd, I feel like it’s not downsampling anything anywhere at all and just going full cat drugs.

I do feel already the old formula of gameplay here, the sneak, distract, sling shot, “gamey” combat. But in comparison to the first game, Amicia shows a much greater depth of the emotional toll of every kill or takedown. I think that’s going to make this more interesting and if/as she will likely fully break bad and lose her goddamn mind I’m sure that will prevent the gamey nature from going stale. It’s very Ellie; but French and with a more experienced and less emo personality. If Ellie is the face of woke, amicia is the face of a young resistance.

Blind Rasputin fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 18, 2022

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Blind Rasputin posted:

Beat Tunic and got the good ending. That was great.

bop bop perano posted:

Tunic is great

Hearing this more and more

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

Hearing this more and more

what if zelda is my antispice?

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

I finished TLoU2 last night, and just, holy poo poo. :stare:

I never imagined that they'd top themselves this handily, both in story and gameplay, and use of the medium of video games for storytelling. I managed to keep myself spoiler-free except for first big one, which I expected (:rip: Joel) and I'm certainly glad that I went to the effort. What an incredible experience.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I need to get back to that. I was enjoying it for the 2 or so hours I put in, but I just have too much to play. I really want to see where it goes. From what I played it mostly just felt like a (good) Zelda clone so I am curious to see what it does differently as it progresses.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not liking Zelda is the most cursed poo poo.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
sometimes BP’s opinions are just like, disaster upon disaster

I still love him though :love:

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Clockwork Orange style reeducation imo.

Tunic is different enough from Zelda that you might be ok with it, depending on what your beef is. It's like the least Nintendo Zelda you could imagine. Not one bit formulaic and doesn't hold your hand for a moment.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Luceo posted:

I finished TLoU2 last night, and just, holy poo poo. :stare:

I never imagined that they'd top themselves this handily, both in story and gameplay, and use of the medium of video games for storytelling. I managed to keep myself spoiler-free except for first big one, which I expected (:rip: Joel) and I'm certainly glad that I went to the effort. What an incredible experience.

I managed to not spoil myself on the other big surprise as well and was so glad I was able avoid spoilers. When the character switch happened I was sort of in shock as I realized I was only half way through the game. That was at launch though, I'm impressed you managed to avoid spoilers for 2 years haha.

I also knew the other spoiler going in, but it wasn't a big deal because I assumed that was the premise of the game from the get go. Although it didn't make it any easier once it happened.

It's definitely one of the most impressive games ever made.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the character switch happened in the first fifteen minutes

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

acksplode posted:

Clockwork Orange style reeducation imo.

Tunic is different enough from Zelda that you might be ok with it, depending on what your beef is. It's like the least Nintendo Zelda you could imagine. Not one bit formulaic and doesn't hold your hand for a moment.

Well, sounds like one more game might have to be jammed into this amazing year.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I also knew the other spoiler going in

You called that poo poo 2 years in advance

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Tunic (and Death's Door) don't really seem like any Zelda games I've ever played. If anything they are Bastion-likes.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Noob Saibot posted:

cancelling their own presentations and screwing up reveals to try to mislead review boards into thinking they have no games

Got bad news for you

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Deliver Us the Moon is only mid. Lotta samey environments leads to some confusing backtracking in what is otherwise a solid walking sim

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oxxidation posted:

the character switch happened in the first fifteen minutes

Don't be reductive, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Volte posted:

Tunic (and Death's Door) don't really seem like any Zelda games I've ever played. If anything they are Bastion-likes.

You should try a Zelda game some time. They are really good!*

*most of them

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The early one is the fakeout to make you discount the possibility of the later one, like how Spock fake dies and then real dies in Wrath of Khan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A game hasn’t hit me anywhere near as hard as TLoU2 since I played it. Like, it’s basically in it’s own category. That game is so special that it feels like one of those pieces of art that transcends even the pure talent and vision behind it into the exact end game scenario every creative person is trying to aim for with their work but even the very best can’t often achieve at that level.