Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Tried to do some objectives for the rulerbreakers rush, i didnt realize halfway through there are no fouls... Completely dumb and unfun way to play. Just getting slidetackled non stop. Luckily the reward is poo poo so it's not a big miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
No offsides either

No rules!!!

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
Here's the team I built around Haaland so far. Fun to play with. Not sure if this is the best way to shape a team because the midfield can feel kinda empty a lot.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I must have been a huge loser last week because I ended up playing all 40 Squad Battles matches. Well with the Eredivisie and Portugal league milestone stuff I was mostly grinding semi-pro games but I still hit Elite 1. Packed Haaland and sold him for 250k. Going to upgrade my La Liga team with that, thinking Courtois, Rudiger, and maybe Benzema. Any glaring omissions? That Alaba SBC doesn't seem worth it, even with a Liga team.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

KDdidit posted:

I must have been a huge loser last week because I ended up playing all 40 Squad Battles matches. Well with the Eredivisie and Portugal league milestone stuff I was mostly grinding semi-pro games but I still hit Elite 1. Packed Haaland and sold him for 250k. Going to upgrade my La Liga team with that, thinking Courtois, Rudiger, and maybe Benzema. Any glaring omissions? That Alaba SBC doesn't seem worth it, even with a Liga team.

I've been running a La Liga team too as they have some great players. Got Rank 5 in Champs this week which I was pretty chuffed with.

Here is my post-champs team (got Correa red and did Telles SBC this morning). In-game I swap Lewa and Danjuma along with dropping Tchouameni to a CB with forward runs on.

Out of your team I think the biggest upgrades would be Courtois or ter Stegen (actually been really good for me) and then replacing Muniain with IF Modric, RTTK Lemar, or Fekir. Maybe replacing Navas with his Rulebreakers card as well wouldn't be too expensive. Don't think CB or ST need that big of upgrades atm with Araujo being so good and Sorloth is ridiculous as well (used him during Champs but now on the bench replaced by Correa).

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzE3sXQIcEM

the best defender in the world ladies and gentlemen

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MagicCube posted:

Out of your team I think the biggest upgrades would be Courtois or ter Stegen (actually been really good for me) and then replacing Muniain with IF Modric, RTTK Lemar, or Fekir. Maybe replacing Navas with his Rulebreakers card as well wouldn't be too expensive. Don't think CB or ST need that big of upgrades atm with Araujo being so good and Sorloth is ridiculous as well (used him during Champs but now on the bench replaced by Correa).

Bought ter Steegen and was going back and forth on who to get all day for CM. Was going to pull the trigger on IF Modric until I pulled a Rulebreaker Robertone out of my 500 assist milestone pack. That saved some coins so I might as well get the Navas Rulebreaker too.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
The current thing ruining pro clubs for our club of clowns is everyone looking for that dream power shot hypermotion replay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn9V-RSpMKw

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I had a glitch where Sam Kerr was standing in midfield every single game I played until I quit and restarted the game

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Got Seedorf from the Icon SBC. Happy with that.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Adun posted:

Got Seedorf from the Icon SBC. Happy with that.

Max 86 rated icon, sbc costs ~140k, and untradeable? That's a hard pass for me

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
With a crappy chem system to boot

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I got Van Nistelrooy lol

Whatever, it only cost me 20k to do and I was willing to gamble my untradeable fodder to maybe get Gullit or Vieira or something

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I got zambrota, pretty stoked about that.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Yeah I’m always happy to throw some un-tradeable fodder at lottery tickets. Managed to only get one game in before the kids came home but Seedorf plays great. Now I just have to buy the Milan kit

Also heads up the first Amazon Prime gaming pack just dropped as well

Adun fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 17, 2022

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah I got Rulebreakers Navas out of that, very happy.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Adun posted:

Yeah I’m always happy to throw some un-tradeable fodder at lottery tickets. Managed to only get one game in before the kids came home but Seedorf plays great. Now I just have to buy the Milan kit

Also heads up the first Amazon Prime gaming pack just dropped as well

So I only just linked prime to my EA account but it's not showing up. Probably just need to be patient but on the off chance, am I too late?

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
It should be open all month

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I usually try to avoid SBCs outside of what teams I use but when they have a player I like in real life and or in fifa its tempting. I'm a fan of Falcao in both and looking at that SBC hard. The card looks pretty good tbh and if he plays like he did in any of the previous years he will win an absurd amount of headers despite his height.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Did the Falcao flashback for ~40k, very glad I did. He's a top level striker. I always liked him and his cards but looking at the stats and seeing the trait trio of outside foot shot, finesse shot, and power header sealed it for me. I've already scored some great volleys and headers with him. He can run in a two striker or a 1 striker formation and is just all around super solid. Feels faster than his stated 86 pace. It's nice he can link into my serie A players with Cuadrado and IF Muriel. Makes things a lot easier.

Current squad. Very glad I did the Bennacer SBC. He runs a lot of my squads. I just happened to use his NIF before seeing the SBC so I knew it would be a good decision.

e- People mentioned putting DMs to "deep lying play maker" this year over stay back on attack and I think I like it. Basically it brings your DM up to contribute with passing but doesnt send them on runs towards or into the box. So they assist the team without staying too far back or forward.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Oct 20, 2022

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I also had to immediately do him, running like this currently:

I got Barella IF untradeable which works better for my chem so Bennacer is benched for now.

Falcao scored 4 goals in his first game for me in Champs qualifiers so that's a good start.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Packed shape shifter Navas from my rivals pack (got the lowest reward tier for only playing 5 and going 4-1). I always pick the tradeable option for that reason. Gonna roll with this for a bit then probably sell Navas eventually unless he's really good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Rule breakers Navas is really good. Best fullback i've used by far. You know how when you knock the ball loose or win a tackle its always a coinflip if youll get the ball, or if you do whether your defender will take a bad touch anyways to give it back? He always collects the ball when he wins it. I'm having to think hard if I want to sell him to do the Arnautovic and Posch SBCs... Arnautovic cards are usually always good. Also Falcao is legit but jeeze, IF Werner is legit cracked, I cant explain it. Shooting dribbling and pace all feel better than they say, so hard to get knocked off the ball too (unique body type might be the reason). Incredible left stick dribbling. If you have a Bundes team you kind of need him IMO. Like fifa 13 esswein.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Arnautovic and Posch are really good and I just figured out you can put them into any team with a serie A manager and they will have full chem. Any other league, nationality etc.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

Arnautovic and Posch are really good and I just figured out you can put them into any team with a serie A manager and they will have full chem. Any other league, nationality etc.

Yeah I did them immediately. I always have a soft spot for the big fella

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Packed Joe Cole from that hero SBC which was a win but I’m not sure I understand how chem for Heroes works since I was surprised he went into my La Liga at full chem.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Heroes and Icons are always full chem, heroes give 2 stars for their league and 1 for their nation, icons give 2 stars for their nation and I think that's it

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also found an interesting bug; you can do instant power shots, just hit L1+R1 right as you are about to shoot just like timed finishing

for proof, here's me doing it in the Power Shot skillgame, which says "Wrong Input" if you don't do a power shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofxo477o4ic

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

Also found an interesting bug; you can do instant power shots, just hit L1+R1 right as you are about to shoot just like timed finishing

for proof, here's me doing it in the Power Shot skillgame, which says "Wrong Input" if you don't do a power shot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofxo477o4ic

Is this online yet? could be game breaking.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
yea I mean you can do it wherever

unless you mean have other people noticed it and yes

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm using Arnautovic and Falcao as my two strikers in a 4222 and it's just a treat. This year has its issues but the whole dribbling styles and lengthy stuff and general way the game plays has for the first time in years genuinely made big lads extremely good.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got Cordoba with the Hero SBC. A good card, but not much for me. The other Hero I have is Mascherano and I don’t really want to run 2 5’8” CBs and I don’t run a CDM so changing Mascherano’s position doesn’t help.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I haven’t played FIFA since 2020. How is the game nowadays? Worth getting?

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean if you wanna play FIFA it's still FIFA

Unfortunately I feel like I say every year somehow "wow I feel like this is the most frustrating the game has ever been" haha

This year it's mostly because of the passing and because outside foot long shots are insanely overpowered compared to finishing with what should be good chances

That said you can definitely still have some fun with it, I'm still playing it a decent amount and pro clubs is fun

Weirdly big players are pretty much just strictly faster than small players on next gen, players like Okocha and Vinicius Jr. just cannot outrun anyone which is...probably not great, but playing with the big guys is kinda fun

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The skill move where you hold LT and hit back back from the direction you're facing is very good. You basically pivot 180 degrees while giving yourself a little room. Great to make a pass back when coming towards a packed defense in the box or to surprise someone you had your back to and dribble at them. Seriously try it a few times and you'll see the potential. Also Navas is by far the best fullback I've used. Too good offensively and defensively but It's hard not to sell when he's going for 60k.... Decisions.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 26, 2022

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bogan Krkic posted:

I don't get this but every couple of games I get a point where one of my center backs starts running directly towards the opposition goal and will bowl my own players out of the way to get there

My cbs still make these dumb runs this year but I actually managed to turn one into a goal. Wish the replay went further back so it showed the whole run but Smalling is my rcb popping up on the left of the box to set the goal up

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/EZX65F2X

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

If I'm following how boosts work correctly my gosens, bennacer, and ikone should be getting boosts soon which is nice. Ikone is really slept on, a top winger already and I think he's getting a double boost.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Seltzer posted:

If I'm following how boosts work correctly my gosens, bennacer, and ikone should be getting boosts soon which is nice. Ikone is really slept on, a top winger already and I think he's getting a double boost.

Gosens is playing every match for me. This is what I'm running right now.

Arnautovic and Haaland play pretty well together and make really good runs to stretch defenses. Feel like I need an upgrade in midfield. I was playing Bastoni and Tonali instead of de Ligt and Kimmich until I packed the latter in my rewards for Rivals.

I could sell Kimmich and maybe get two decent midfielders instead but not sure if it'd be much of an improvement.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

NIF Rabiot on basic was great for me for a long time. I grabbed his IF an immediately felt big improvements, he got big +s across the board. Run him at CM with something like engine since his defense and phys are already so good and you've got a top CM on your hands. Very underrated and underpriced imo.

e- I packed Kimmich and used him for a bit before selling, wasn't impressed and have used a few DMs now that are better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
I tried some ultimate team stuff. Up against a bronze team on ultimate difficulty or whatever it is and i was down 3-0 inside 15 mins. I guess it just defaults the other players to 99 overall or something. Cool.