Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Nice avs everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Judgy Fucker posted:

Pretty wild how Vanderbilt and Texas seemed neck-and-neck as programs up until WWII, then Vanderbilt just totally vanished:

GIBill.png

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Chieves posted:

GIBill.png

Huh. Never would’ve thought of that

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

I found this online and while it looks freaking hideous, it would also be awesome and I want to see it and the return of the Halloween unis for Kentucky

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I am going to be very sad if Tennessee doesn't checkerboard the away game at Vandy

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

GD_American posted:

Beaver Stadium should be a smoking pit that burns tires. I'll let you decide whether I'm joking or not

They have like six gates and it takes forever to leave. It absolutely should be burned to the ground.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I feel like I'm in Deliverance when I have to exit their muddy rear end grass parking lots

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Imo they are ranked way too high for a team whose signature event is “almost didn’t lose to Clemson”

You're not very smart about this, okay then. Good to know.

They finished last season in the top 25 as well, they're currently 5-1, and their only loss is a double OT loss to a team that's likely making the playoff, and other than the inexplicably close Liberty game they've pretty much been beating the poo poo out of everyone else. They have as much of a claim to the ranking as everyone else, you're probably just defaulting to the LOL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL mindset when they haven't been that for at least several years.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

For those few sickos watching Japanese college football, at least one Twitter account hears your cries.

https://twitter.com/insidesportjp/status/1582291103742853121

Also, it’s fantastic to see the Tennessee fans up and around, some fresh avatars and what have you. Bit inspiring.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You're not very smart about this, okay then. Good to know.

They finished last season in the top 25 as well, they're currently 5-1, and their only loss is a double OT loss to a team that's likely making the playoff, and other than the inexplicably close Liberty game they've pretty much been beating the poo poo out of everyone else. They have as much of a claim to the ranking as everyone else, you're probably just defaulting to the LOL WAKE FOREST FOOTBALL mindset when they haven't been that for at least several years.

Edit: that was unnecessarily assholish. I’m glad for you wake is doing relatively well! I just don’t think they’ve taken much of a step forwards from last year in a conference that is very much not that good at all outside of Clemson. The Clemson game was the big opportunity, and although there isn’t any shame in losing to Clemson in 2OT it’s still a missed opportunity. There’s a lot of bad teams and a lot more football to play, but I don’t see Wake rising without help.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Oct 18, 2022

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

harperdc posted:

Also, it’s fantastic to see the Tennessee fans up and around, some fresh avatars and what have you. Bit inspiring.

Oregon looking pretty great too under Lanning especially for a year 1!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

LeeMajors posted:

Oregon looking pretty great too under Lanning especially for a year 1!

Funny how quick it turned. I went from “dear God what have we got ourselves in to” to “we are going places for real” in about a month and a half.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

Sash! posted:

When I mentioned the Orton Fumble that Ruined Purdue for All Time, I did not realize that it happened 18 years ago today.

18 years? Gonna go buy a casket I guess.

Show us where the bad train touched you Sash.

EDIT: and I remember well who was the last team to beat the Vols, and therefore, has a transitive win over 'Bama too.

wernox fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 18, 2022

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

harperdc posted:

For those few sickos watching Japanese college football, at least one Twitter account hears your cries.

https://twitter.com/insidesportjp/status/1582291103742853121

The hardest of passes on English commentary. I want inscrutable football, thanks.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
New ringtone just dropped

https://twitter.com/manduhtory/status/1581706520235868161

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

DC Murderverse posted:

It’s honestly kind of inspirational. Our dumb country has been executing people for years despite it being applied unevenly, expensive, and also occasionally wrong and it took the NCAA exactly once to realize they should never use it again

Not quite. They still use it at lower levels, and gave it to UK basketball in the 50's. I doubt we'll see it at D1 revenue sports ever again because of the fear of litigation, but the NCAA has used it a few times. SMU is just the most widely known example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_penalty_(NCAA)

Incoherence posted:

http://www.winsipedia.com/games/rice/vs/alabama

Someone wrote an article during the preseason which went through all the power 5 teams and all the non-power 5 teams they have losing all-time records against, but I can't find it now.

The was Matt Brown at Extra Points. He did it after MTSU punked Miami to keep their unbeaten streak against them alive.

https://www.extrapointsmb.com/miami-has-never-beaten-middle-tennessee-state-here-is-who-everybody-else-cant-beat/

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

JesustheDarkLord posted:

New ringtone just dropped

That's the Georgia Southern post-game, right?

Instead of running, it was (obviously) passing this time. I don't know what colorful metaphor he'd use for that.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD68z2s_enI

Saban return to the Dolphins confirmed

downout
Jul 6, 2009

LLCoolJD posted:

That's the Georgia Southern post-game, right?

Instead of running, it was (obviously) passing this time. I don't know what colorful metaphor he'd use for that.

+ penalties

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I really wanna go to the UGA UT game but the cheapest tickets on Stubhub right now are $650 for nose bleeds

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

wernox posted:

Show us where the bad train touched you Sash.

I have no idea why I hate Purdue so much

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

Did you lose an ancestor at the Crash at Crush?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Sash! posted:

Have you considered boilering the gently caress up, btich?

I don’t even know what state they’re in.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
Purdue exists in a state all of its own I won't say loving Indiana

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Sash! posted:

A train conductor kicked you in the head while you tried to take a selfie?

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.
USC's game w/ Zona in 2 weeks will be their 3rd and hopefully final game on the P12 network this season. Gonna have to buy a smart fridge to be able to watch it I guess.

https://twitter.com/Wil__Hunter/status/1582027867692539905

Tad SG fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 18, 2022

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Karen Tide

https://twitter.com/koryhill4real/status/1582408413337616393?s=46&t=pB9K-ChPiLfrjVDLVaiPeA

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Sash! posted:

Jack Handey V/O:
To me, clowns trains aren’t funny.
In fact, they’re kind of scary.
I’ve wondered where this started
and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus train station,
and a clown train killed my dad.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I saw a guy on facebook say that the goal posts were too small which is why Bama missed that kick and also we tore them down and threw them into the river.

Tad SG
Apr 16, 2003

Here are provided seats of meditative joy, where shall rise again the destined reign of Troy.

Joey Freshwater posted:

I saw a guy on facebook say that the goal posts were too small which is why Bama missed that kick and also we tore them down and threw them into the river.

I mean, it'd be the perfect crime. Only thing better would be if the goal posts were made of ice.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

NGL that double fist pump by the ref would piss me off, too.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

:lol:

:lmao:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I believe Karen Tide is what they call menstruation in the Game of Thrones books

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/justinkcantrell/status/1582438447561572352?s=20&t=YKA5-LQyhHyZP2FyS_XGnQ

the account that ESPN is quoting is a parody account

e: totally an aside but why do some people put a period before the tagged name in a tweet? Like the one before @vol_football?

\/\/\/ idgi but I dont get a lot about Twitter so its ok

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Oct 18, 2022

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

e: totally an aside but why do some people put a period before the tagged name in a tweet? Like the one before @vol_football?

It makes it show up as your tweet instead of a quote tweet to whoever you're talking to. This matters for reasons I guess. Like, gotta get your tweeting brand out there.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Purdue isn't even trains, they're the guys that used to make the trains. They don't need a lot of boilermakers these days.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

General Dog posted:

I believe Karen Tide is what they call menstruation in the Game of Thrones books

Your posts have been getting kinda weird lately

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Vol_Football/status/1582446666250129427?s=20&t=Gq-zaIoU9J07mdYGImpg9w

hot drat does all this attention feel good

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

wernox posted:

Purdue exists in a state all of its own I won't say loving Indiana

Purduesylvania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU