Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Being able to cancel your charge as Rein is such a huge game-changer. It's basically like being Dva on the ground with a huge hammer, which allows me to be more unpredictable with my movement.

While it was funny to do suicide charges off the map or felt awesome timing it just right to flight somebody off the edge of the map, Rein is just awesome all around to play as now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm always impressed by a good Mei. Don't see her much but when I do it always seems like someone who's probably going to be the best player on either team.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
One of the games I stomped in featured a pretty great junker queen that just kept command shooting us all over and over again and it really helped out. The other side might have also sucked but it really was not something they were able to counter.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
is there any new bad manners tech in overwatch 2?

https://imgur.com/JcuUgp7

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

DoctorJones posted:

is there any new bad manners tech in overwatch 2?

https://imgur.com/JcuUgp7

yeah, play Zarya in total mayhem

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I've had great fun mentioning how bad junker queen is while playing her, having the other tank disagree, then baiting them into playing her while I swap to an actual tank.

Like, it's ridiculously different. I had a game where I hit 80% of my knife throws and I still felt less effective than a Zarya just pressing E on allies a couple times a fight.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
The current matchmaking imbalance has caused me to go full joker - no more tank, no more support, only 12% scoped in accuracy with widowmaker in comp forever

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I wish I hadn't literally just finished my placements before discovering Sigma. Goddamn that's a fun hero

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

BrianBoitano posted:

I wish I hadn't literally just finished my placements before discovering Sigma. Goddamn that's a fun hero

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Aipsh posted:

The current matchmaking imbalance has caused me to go full joker - no more tank, no more support, only 12% scoped in accuracy with widowmaker in comp forever

Yeah, I tried playing some DPS games last night and I legitimately had trouble getting to the point where I could win a game, even killing 2 dudes a fight my team was just getting bodied too fast (and i'm not good enough at dps to 1v3 the last guys).

I am developing a hatred for Cassidy's mag grenade. An ability you don't have to aim that does 130 damage? Holy poo poo, that's kinda annoying, makes me play way differently. And by that it makes me swap to Cassidy so I can body the enemy Lucio forever.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
"nobody liked Cassidy's stun grenade so instead we gave him a homing grenade that instantly kills you" this game is so loving stupid

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I'm surprised Cassidy's flashbang isn't, you know, an actual flash bang. Blinding/deafening, but not stun-locking.

Maybe they thought it wasn't effective enough.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Mei just needs a bit more slow or dmg on her icefart gun and she’d be great

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I think Cass should have his stun just like Rein still has shield. It it classic Overwatch. Probably Mei should have her thing too. Just delete all the other ones.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
As my bronze medals begin to roll in, I'm still garbage at the game despite efforts to not be. Just not meant to be at this point and that's okay.

But the MMR spread allowed in comp games is causing skill-gap toxicity to return to OW1 levels already, so time to thicken the 'ol hide and just play on because in the past 48 or so hours the civility has begun to steeply decline. The one game with the three dudes on voice chat being hyped and calling everyone "bro!" as we mega-wrecked the other team shall be a highlight of the launch window comp role queue for me.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I was going to say that this doesn't match the hit boxes we saw posted earlier, but then I remembered the projectile isn't a pixel wide.

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

Just had a confusing Junkertown casual match when I backfilled defense. But attack had already won, the payload was at the finish, and the clock was stuck on 3 minutes.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Oh man I’m so confused. Bronze 5 dps queue, at least 10 games where we got rolled so badly - in some cases the entire team had 0 kills (literally) at the end of the whole match and now I still get placed silver 1. And now it’s easier??

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
The matchmaking AI has gone rogue

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

dogstile posted:

I've had great fun mentioning how bad junker queen is while playing her, having the other tank disagree, then baiting them into playing her while I swap to an actual tank.

Like, it's ridiculously different. I had a game where I hit 80% of my knife throws and I still felt less effective than a Zarya just pressing E on allies a couple times a fight.

A Zarya shielding allies? Where did you see this unicorn?

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Got my first hacking accusation yay. I’m on console so I’d have to be v good at hacking

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Aphrodite posted:

In my replay's ;)

Aipsh posted:

Got my first hacking accusation yay. I’m on console so I’d have to be v good at hacking

I remember one of my first hacking accusations, where I heard a Rein behind me charge so I bubbled myself. He was convinced i had "autobubble.exe" and that i didn't, you know, have ears.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 18, 2022

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Aphrodite posted:

Cowards behind me don't deserve bubbles.

Now Genji soloblading against the entire enemy team? He deserves a bubble or two

Char
Jan 5, 2013
Now that I've started using Moira's shift-jump to get the gently caress away from killzones, to flank and to go back to my team: game is fun

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Which of you guys posted this on the OW forums:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Char posted:

Now that I've started using Moira's shift-jump to get the gently caress away from killzones, to flank and to go back to my team: game is fun

moira's ability to flank without eating poo poo already makes her one of the better supports in the MMR brackets where your DPS lack the ability to think of the map as a map and not a straight line with a reinhardt blocking it

like, you obviously still gotta time it properly and not just permanently hover in a hallway, since losing even one healer can severely hamper your team's push, but poison orb + a couple second of RMB will make most backliners panic like crazy. it's best to do it in situations where you can use shift jump to get back to your line right after, since even moira's beanstalk of a hitbox (seriously, what the gently caress is up with her hitbox) is shootable if you get caught in a small corridor

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

adhuin posted:

Just

DO IT

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Someone on owcomp has been making guides to the new maps. Here's the first two:

Esperanca:

New queen street:

* Red Line - Path of the Robot

* Red Circle - Starting spot of robot, or place where robot pauses on initial push

* Yellow Lines - Alternative paths, typically indoors or alleyways

* Teal Lines - High ground paths

* Teal Squares - High ground vantage points/windows

* Health Packs - Health Packs

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Someone get that man a license to something that isn't paint.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

dogstile posted:

I remember one of my first hacking accusations, where I heard a Rein behind me charge so I bubbled myself. He was convinced i had "autobubble.exe" and that i didn't, you know, have ears.

it is legit amazing how many players simply do not listen to what's around them. like, Reaper has loud footsteps, guys, you can hear him flanking! or if you suddenly hear Sombra's uzi behind you laying into your supports, maybe you should respond to that somehow?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Pattonesque posted:

it is legit amazing how many players simply do not listen to what's around them. like, Reaper has loud footsteps, guys, you can hear him flanking! or if you suddenly hear Sombra's uzi behind you laying into your supports, maybe you should respond to that somehow?

Or just keeping track of opponents. I can't see enemy Reaper? Check flanks and high grounds.
Rein hasn't shattered in awhile and he is acting really aggressive all sudden? He is gonna shatter.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
wow, you really have to equip this dumb donut on charm on every single hero, huh?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Andrigaar posted:

As my bronze medals begin to roll in, I'm still garbage at the game despite efforts to not be. Just not meant to be at this point and that's okay.

But the MMR spread allowed in comp games is causing skill-gap toxicity to return to OW1 levels already, so time to thicken the 'ol hide and just play on because in the past 48 or so hours the civility has begun to steeply decline. The one game with the three dudes on voice chat being hyped and calling everyone "bro!" as we mega-wrecked the other team shall be a highlight of the launch window comp role queue for me.

Yeah I have very much accepted my rank, if anything the problem is them trying to move me up. Stop it, I'm happy at the level where I am a hopping ball of tank murder also pumping out almost 9K of heals as Lucio. Don't stick me on the tier where people don't just stand there as I skate around them shooting them in the head over and over, it's a lot less fun.

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

DoctorJones posted:

wow, you really have to equip this dumb donut on charm on every single hero, huh?

One of the best QOL things Gundam did was have a button that simply equips a charm on every character at once, and I'm honestly surprised it's not in OW2. I do suspect the decision to add weapon charms was done very late, so the UI dev(s) probably didn't have time to hook it up more intuitively

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm pretty surprised to see weapon charms catch on as much as they have, I sorta find looking at them swaying around more annoying than anything. I know the point is to have customization you can see in first person but I'd much rather have TF2-style weapon paints, are both way more visible to other people and way tackier looking (both pluses).

I guess it's that thing most big games have now where it's Imperative that characters all look exactly as designers intentioned, which is also why I assume you can't mix weapons/skins aside from the gold one.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Countblanc posted:

I guess it's that thing most big games have now where it's Imperative that characters all look exactly as designers intentioned, which is also why I assume you can't mix weapons/skins aside from the gold one.

You would think that, but then there's that fantasy Ashe skin where I couldn't have told you what game she came from unless you told me. Or Sojourn's detective outfit with the longcoat and fedora.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Pattonesque posted:

The difference between using speakers and using headphones is huge. Not only do they not necessarily hear it, they don't necessarily know where it's coming from.

Fake edit: You know I might be banned from overwatch threads... just pretend I didn't post I don't even play Overwatch anymore and was just checking to see how the thread was reacting to Overwatch 2.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 18, 2022

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Was Silver 3 tank after my placement matches, then after the next 7 wins I was gold 5, I have no idea how this new system works I miss just gaining/losing points after each match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

adhuin posted:

prediction: this gets worse as players increasingly realize support is by far the most stressful role because of the everyone-wants-to-kill-you-gameplay, frenetic multi-tasking, and whining manbabies