Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Crime on a Dime posted:

I'm not caught up on current threads... it was destroyed?

Beyond the loss of donations, it's now both
A) harder to find this thread
B) has an additional layer as the quoted poster pointed out: you have to be willing to bump a drama thread to ask for help
C) knowing that the admin-encourage swarm of shitheels still allowed to post here will make fun of you for it.

I still encourage people to donate (I do, and have for a long time) and to request money. I can only say "just ignore them, they're pieces of poo poo" and hope that's enough :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Skyl3lazer posted:

B) has an additional layer as the quoted poster pointed out: you have to be willing to bump a drama thread to ask for help
C) knowing that the admin-encourage swarm of shitheels still allowed to post here will make fun of you for it.

I still encourage people to donate (I do, and have for a long time) and to request money. I can only say "just ignore them, they're pieces of poo poo" and hope that's enough :shrug:

You can still PM plinkey or use the email in the OP (I believe) to ask for help! You don't have to post here if you don't want attention

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
people getting made fun of for requesting emergency help? that's hosed up

ButterSkeleton
Jan 19, 2020

SIZE=XX-LARGE]PLEASE! PLEASE STOP SAYING THE R WORD. GOD, IF SOMEBODY SAID THE R WORD, I WILL HECKIN LOSE IT. JUST PEE PEE MY JORTS. CAN'T YOU JUST CALL THEM A SMOOTHE BRAINED DOTARD LIKE THE REST OF US NORMAL PEOPLE? DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

P.S. FREE LARRY YOU FUCKIN COWARDS.
No, people should feel comfortable to post here to ask for help.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Crime on a Dime posted:

the serious ones do have a legit point about the transparency but alot of the other ones were turds creating drama, apparently they have their own little cult thread in pyf where they were laughing about it.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Skyl3lazer posted:

as an IK I'll try to give this thread a little bit more moderation going forward and hand out 6ers and escalate problem posters

going forward posting about plinkey drama ITT will get a 6er

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

ButterSkeleton posted:

No, people should feel comfortable to post here to ask for help.

fwiw, genuine email sent

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Crime on a Dime posted:

It sure would be hosed up if that happened

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

the serious ones do have a legit point about the transparency but alot of the other ones were turds creating drama, apparently they have their own little cult thread in pyf where they were laughing about it.

there's a million posts in that thread idk if Im gonna read those

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

those sacks are full of cringe with a few dollar bills carefully placed on top in case anybody should peek in

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Crime on a Dime posted:

prob a good idea not to read it

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Crime on a Dime posted:

90% of the posts are laughing about KM gifting herself a laptop from a similar slush fund. The other 10% are speculation about this one.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

HallelujahLee posted:

prob a good idea not to read it

:hmmyes:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that PYF has a specific 'crowd' is bizarre. reddit-rear end forum

it doesn't even have a strong enough theme for me to want to browse threads

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
e: this is not the right thread

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

i say swears online posted:

that PYF has a specific 'crowd' is bizarre. reddit-rear end forum

it doesn't even have a strong enough theme for me to want to browse threads

I like the PYF threads about gross looking food, tech relics, and pictures from decades past. I can just scroll through and look at pictures of weird poo poo and call it a day, and they're pretty chill threads.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I like the PYF threads about gross looking food, tech relics, and pictures from decades past. I can just scroll through and look at pictures of weird poo poo and call it a day, and they're pretty chill threads.

this

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
obsolete tech ftw imo

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

they say, is the root of all evil today

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Shifty Nipples posted:

they say, is the root of all evil today

I think that's a misquoted bible verse (Paul)

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
but if paying vet bills so my dog doesn't die is evil then rend me to the pit

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.

Crime on a Dime posted:

but if paying vet bills so my dog doesn't die is evil then rend me to the pit

The penalty is to post dog pics :colbert:

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006

Ronwayne posted:

The penalty is to post dog pics :colbert:

deal

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
I'm not even asking for money from folks to pay for that, not even close, like 1/20th

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f7HHS35YLs

Crime on a Dime has issued a correction as of 18:54 on Oct 18, 2022

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Crime on a Dime posted:

I think that's a misquoted bible verse (Paul)

While clearly inspired by the Bible, it’s a line from the song by Pink Floyd.

https://youtu.be/cpbbuaIA3Ds

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
did they tell you the name of the game..... boy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmRR0hFaYB8

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
(they call it want it dog alive its isaneeeeeee)

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
(not fixing those errors)! :(

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

Oh NVM I won't stir poo poo

Thanks for the goon fund plinky

Crazypoops has issued a correction as of 19:24 on Oct 18, 2022

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Skyl3lazer posted:

I'm still donating monthly. It's not much but it adds to the total. This fund has helped me out a few times and I expect it will again.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
:gerty:

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Just raised my monthly contribution.

I don't care if most of the money is spent on gamergirl bath water. At least some of the fund ends up with people a lot worse off than me.

Keep up the good work, Plinkey!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Turambar posted:

Just raised my monthly contribution.

I don't care if most of the money is spent on gamergirl bath water. At least some of the fund ends up with people a lot worse off than me.

Keep up the good work, Plinkey!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I completely forgot I was even donating to this until all this silly bullshit popped off why stop now

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

Turambar posted:

dude. uh. you should care about that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

dude. uh. you should care about that

I hear some fund takers even have a fridge

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Crazypoops posted:

I hear some fund takers even have a fridge

...what?

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

I know, it's shocking

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Crazypoops posted:

I know, it's shocking

dope fiend killa g is saying that you probably should care if your money isn't being used to help someone, not that some of it might be

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

dope fiend killa g is saying that you probably should care if your money isn't being used to help someone, not that some of it might be

Seems like a lot of people have come forward saying that it has helped them so good news you don't have to worry about that