Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Tony put a hard cap on Orange Cassidy's drawing potential when he cycled him directly from a world title match with Kenneth Omega into a feud with The Wingmen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Aye Doc posted:

Tony put a hard cap on Orange Cassidy's drawing potential when he cycled him directly from a world title match with Kenneth Omega into a feud with The Wingmen

He didn't actually

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Pylons posted:

He didn't actually

oh okay

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

There's no such thing as a "hard cap" on someone's drawing power and it's certainly not determined by a feud that happened like a year and a half ago.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

There's no such thing as a "hard cap" on someone's drawing power and it's certainly not determined by a feud that happened like a year and a half ago.

"Hard Cap" Alex Reynolds

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Pylons posted:

my interactions with the non-hardcore AEW audience have been, "boy that OC guy sure is a funny comedy wrestler" because that is how AEW presents him most of the time. then when he shows up again doing main event things, they remember "hey that's the guy who does goofy poo poo on Dark every week with all the other comedian wrestlers." in my friend groups, on other social media, the idea of OC being getting a TNT title reign was seen as a joke for most of the past 2 years. getting injured twice (thrice?) has not helped him. after the Kenny/PAC/OC match, he spent 5 months without having a meaningful match because they had him in a feud with The Wingmen and then a feud with The Hardy Family Office, two low card stables, and two comedy stables. the hard cap that exists on OC's drawing power is because they continue to make him a joke and so people see him as a joke. thanks for actually engaging with the post

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Anecdotes aren't numbers. He was in a feud with Adam Cole this year that drew just fine.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

in my friend groups, on other social media,

I think I've spotted the flaw in your data sampling here

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Hard Cap Vincent People who has 1/32 Native American blood but doesn't want to claim privileges that aren't his so comes out dressed as a construction worker.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Personally I question the concept of "non-hardcore" AEW fans who are cognizant of the comings and goings on Dark.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I think I've spotted the flaw in your data sampling here

an Orange Cassidy main event just delivered Bad Number, and it was Bad Number with another wrestler who to my understanding is very hot and very popular. their September 21st match also appears to have dropped big in 18-49. wow you're right, I should have looked at the numbers, it's PAC's fault that OC is being weighed down. gently caress you PAC.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

an Orange Cassidy main event just delivered Bad Number, and it was Bad Number with another wrestler who to my understanding is very hot and very popular. their September 21st match also appears to have dropped big in 18-49. wow you're right, I should have looked at the numbers, it's PAC's fault that OC is being weighed down. gently caress you PAC.

You're the one that originally touted your anecdotal evidence as proof OC wasn't a draw, so maybe if you'd used the ratings numbers to bolster your argument from the get-go, you wouldn't have to get so caremad in your replies to people rebutting your original posts

Also Kenny Omega experienced a similar drop in ratings when he returned, so clearly Kenny Omega isn't a draw either

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I am again asking people to remember that the quarter ratings are almost useless without the corresponding minute-by-minutes.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Also Kenny Omega experienced a similar drop in ratings when he returned, so clearly Kenny Omega isn't a draw either

i'm glad we can find some common ground to agree upon

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

i'm glad we can find some common ground to agree upon

It's good to have consensus on something :)

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

1glitch0 posted:

Personally I question the concept of "non-hardcore" AEW fans who are cognizant of the comings and goings on Dark.

Between their TV audience size, how consistent their weekly ratings are and how relatively little TV audience growth they've seen since they started running non-pandemic shows again at DON 2021 I genuinely don't believe there's more than a negligible amount of people over the age of 16 that both watch AEW and don't follow wrestling news online.

That's not a dig at the company or audience, that's just who I think the fanbase is.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

blunt posted:

I genuinely don't believe there's more than a negligible amount of people over the age of 16 that both watch AEW and don't follow wrestling news online.

This, but for American wrestling companies in general.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Maybe they should keep trimming time off Dynamite until the ratings stays steady? Fewer and fewer people watch. Anything. Any TV. Smaller and smaller measurements are made. Once it's one person watching their attention levels are measured.

Eventually there's no TV on any station anymore. They keep trimming. Zero doesn't exist, not really. It's absence. We need steadier than absence. A simple experiment in CERN, run tens of times is run again. It escapes and finds a bell-hammer. The two collide. A black hole opens up ripping us all to nothing.

The last words heard by anyone are, "I told you WBD wasn't happy with AEW."

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

duckdealer posted:

This, but for American wrestling companies in general.

That I'm less sure about, just because Raw does double the Over 50 demo that Dynamite does. How many of those people are awake though, :iiam:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

blunt posted:

That I'm less sure about, just because Raw does double the Over 50 demo that Dynamite does. How many of those people are awake though, :iiam:

Basically Gollums at this point. Unnatural things eternally prolonged in an endless Attitude Era

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

blunt posted:

That's a good point actually. I guess it's hard for me to get into the head of your typical RAW / Smackdown viewer!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Also another thing I will point out is that they're not going to get the increase they need by chasing .35 over .32 or whatever.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

wiggling their tiny line around. pathetic

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

it's time to belt up Matt Taven

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Blasmeister posted:

it's time to belt up Matt Taven

Go back to Impact, Bully Ray

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

quote:

AEW Dynamite preempted last night on TBS at 8 pm, was watched by 752,000 viewers on average, including about 339,000, for a 0.26 P18-49 rating.

WWE NXT on USA Network at 8 pm, was watched by 676,000 viewers on average, including about 235,000 aged 18 to 49, for a 0.18 P18-49 rating.

Despite lower total viewership than in recent weeks, and despite going head-to-head with Dynamite and other sports competition, this was NXT's highest P18-49 viewership since August 16.

Compared to last week in its normal time slot, Dynamite was down 23% in total viewership. Among viewers 18 to 49, viewership was down 18% from last week's 412,000.

Compared to last week, NXT was down 8% in total viewership. Among viewers 18-49, viewership was up 18%.

Dynamite ranked #8 in P18-49 among cable originals for the day, according to Showbuzz Daily. Including broadcast primetime, it ranked #21.

Wrestlenomics also has a chart showing NXT and AEW's quarters against each other, but I'm actually not gonna post that one. Support Wrestlenomics. Give 'em 5 bucks if you wanna see that one. :v:

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions from this one besides, obviously, that the MJF promo was a smash and he's a bonafide huge draw for AEW now. I particularly wouldn't make anything of the first quarter being big or the last quarter being low, I think both of those are 100% caused by the sports happening that night.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
another win for the good guys

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I watch the Fite stream so I don't know how successful the TBS censors are but I wonder if these 'fucks' 'Jesus Christs' and 'Goddamns' are hurting the station perception of the product.

God knows I don't mind, but it can't be helpful.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

They've asked them to tone it down, and Tuesday night was a pretty extreme circumstance that allowed a swear to slip through. The station's perception seems incredibly fine otherwise.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
Not sure they or anybody is too concerned about Jesus Christs and Goddamns considering it's 2022. People eat rear end now, you know.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Not sure they or anybody is too concerned about Jesus Christs and Goddamns considering it's 2022. People eat rear end now, you know.

I remember some showrunner making the point that you'd see a moneyshot before you heard goddamn on regular tv, but that was some years ago.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 20, 2022

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

riho is still their biggest ratings mover, time to put the belt on her

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

JOHN CENA posted:

been saying this

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

JOHN CENA posted:

Replace PAC with Riho in Death Triangle. Give me Riho Oscuro.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Replace PAC with Riho in Death Triangle. Give me Riho Oscuro.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

i withdraw my suggestion

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this weeks evidence only supports my claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JOHN CENA posted:

this weeks evidence only supports my claim

No quarters yet but I think we can all agree that the show would've done 2 million viewers and a .64 if not for the immediate plummet the second Riho lost.