Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
What is with that scale? It makes both columns look not that different, while having wildly different numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
idk but it's incredibly bad design

e: from https://news.gallup.com/poll/401168/americans-back-ukrainian-goal-reclaiming-territory.aspx

the responses to 'is the us doing too much, the right amount, or should be doing more' are even more lopsided in favor of doing more and has 56% of republicans saying either 'the right amount' or 'we should be doing more to help ukraine'

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Oct 18, 2022

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Herstory Begins Now posted:

oh yeah totally that's why we have a republican president huh

Trump got more votes in 2020 than 2016 iirc!

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
republicans always vote for their team, that's why they currently control neither house of congress or the presidency. well I'm convinced~

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'm hoping enough republicans self-selected an early exit via skipping a covid vax that we won't have to worry about them the next few elections.

Hoping, not expecting.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

The tankies keep complaining about the West fighting "to the last Ukrainian", but I suspect Putin fighting "to the last Belarusian" will get as much lip service from them as did "to the last DNR/LNR conscript".

You could use “to the last Tuvan” but they might have achieved that already

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm hoping enough republicans self-selected an early exit via skipping a covid vax that we won't have to worry about them the next few elections.

Hoping, not expecting.

It looks like it might barely be enough to avoid a dominant flipping of both houses, and the absolute best case is basically the status-quo. If women don't turn out and vote blue to flip a couple of red states, it's not going to go well. And with inflation this bonkers...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Godholio posted:

It looks like it might barely be enough to avoid a dominant flipping of both houses, and the absolute best case is basically the status-quo. If women don't turn out and vote blue to flip a couple of red states, it's not going to go well. And with inflation this bonkers...

It's very clear that the marching orders in the Democratic party are "don't do anything that will insult or upset The Almighty Number as we're teetering on the edge of a Big-D Depression and the moment everyone stops clapping for Tinkerbell the economy is going to implode."

I don't see how it doesn't happen by 2024 ~just in time~ for THE PARTY OF BUSINESS to come along and bullshit everyone that FREE MARKET SOLUTIONS will fix everything! :downs:

Because last time we gave soshalizm a try and it worked...so this time it's fascism's turn! It worked for (a very specific subset of) the Germans! :shepface:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

shame on an IGA posted:

this is how you fall out a window on the General Dynamics factory tour

GD buildings don't have windows, just overly large HVACs :tinfoil:

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Herstory Begins Now posted:

republicans always vote for their team, that's why they currently control neither house of congress or the presidency. well I'm convinced~

There aren’t as many republicans. Not sure why this is hard to follow since one of the major issues is how a party that represents an absolute minority of the population somehow is still viable.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hoping, not expecting.

Unfortunately this was most heavily concentrated in states where Republicans could afford to lose 10-15% of their voter base and still win in a landslide.

Might make a difference in Georgia, PA, and Wisconsin though.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It's very clear that the marching orders in the Democratic party are "don't do anything that will insult or upset The Almighty Number as we're teetering on the edge of a Big-D Depression and the moment everyone stops clapping for Tinkerbell the economy is going to implode."

I don't see how it doesn't happen by 2024 ~just in time~ for THE PARTY OF BUSINESS to come along and bullshit everyone that FREE MARKET SOLUTIONS will fix everything! :downs:

Because last time we gave soshalizm a try and it worked...so this time it's fascism's turn! It worked for (a very specific subset of) the Germans! :shepface:

It's worse than that, a Republican house is already publicly announcing that they will force a default on US debts over the debt ceiling if the admin doesn't slash social security/medicare/etc, and I think they'll almost certainly follow through. There's no adults in the room left to dissuade them. The next two years are going to get wild, and it'll probably only accelerate from there.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

We're talking about the US election in the Ukraine thread, and suicide drones in the CE thread. Life comes at you fast.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Notahippie posted:

It's worse than that, a Republican house is already publicly announcing that they will force a default on US debts over the debt ceiling if the admin doesn't slash social security/medicare/etc, and I think they'll almost certainly follow through. There's no adults in the room left to dissuade them. The next two years are going to get wild, and it'll probably only accelerate from there.

Can't wait to see the global banking system try to divide by zero.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

bird food bathtub posted:

Can't wait to see the global banking system try to divide by zero.

I'll take the canned sunshine over the complete collapse of the global economy, personally.

Absolute economic collapse will leave me without a job in an impenetrable housing bubble. Canned sunshine won't make me suffer through what happens afterwards.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

I'll take the canned sunshine over the complete collapse of the global economy, personally.

Absolute economic collapse will leave me without a job in an impenetrable housing bubble. Canned sunshine won't make me suffer through what happens afterwards.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1582725919680204802?s=20&t=FhTh-HEyKqiSWwU4BHVN3Q

All power to the Soviets!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Would it be fair to call this a nuclear first strike?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

psydude posted:

Would it be fair to call this a nuclear first strike?

:golfclap:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

"MILWALLLLLL"

"CHELSEAAAA"

"ARSENALLLL"

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It makes sense that there was a Ukrainian Burning Man, I just never thought about it before. Unfortunately, it was in Crimea.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2022/8/28/when-z-meant-joy-freedom-and-humour-to-russians-and-ukrainians

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Madurai posted:

Ukrainian Burning Man

They had it this year too, it was just called "burning bridge" instead :dadjoke:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Hopefully theirs has fewer shitheads than ours.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Man, think of the fallout this strike could cause.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Man, think of the fallout this strike could cause.

Now, now, let's not be supercritical of them, this could still fizzle out.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Now, now, let's not be supercritical of them, this could still fizzle out.

Rad puns.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

The French:

“Fire ze missiles!”

“But I am le tired”

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Blistex posted:

Rad puns.

I think we can Slottin a few more, until we reach the tail of the dragon and maybe tickle it a little bit.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Meh essential services in normal countries go on strike all the time, they usually work to rule or something like that. Christ the last time the Canadian coast guard went on strike most of them ended up working as usual because they were essential services.

Or cover the ambulances in stickers. poo poo our cops were wearing camo cops for like two years as a protest against… gently caress if I know.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Icon Of Sin posted:

I think we can Slottin a few more, until we reach the tail of the dragon and maybe tickle it a little bit.

Quit screwdriverin around

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GD_American posted:

Quit screwdriverin around

Don’t Pu-Pu my fun :mad:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Alan Smithee posted:

The French:

“Fire ze missiles!”

“But I am le tired”

"...well, go have a nap. ZEN FIRE ZE MISSILES!!!"

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Don’t Pu-Pu my fun :mad:

This joke is decaying.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

GD_American posted:

This joke is decaying.

I'm trying to read these As Little As Reasonably Achievable.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

roentgen

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Someone who really needs to loving read the radiation safety rules.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
nuclear jokes are really falling out of style

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Alan Smithee posted:

The French:

“Fire ze missiles!”

“But I am le tired”

Oh goddamn you :golfclap:
Been ages since I saw that stupid thing and the

"AAAA MOTHERLAND"

“Fire ze missiles!”

“But I am le tired”

Still pops up in my train of thought from time to time

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang

Don't look up what's going on right now in the UK if you don't want to be severely worried about the world economy in the next few months (or weeks! if the current government decides to change out its PM...again)

EDIT: This strike might not have anything to do with their current issues, but it just reminded me that services there are about to take a giant poo poo.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
The UK government is in absolute shambles, and the Brits could conceivably see a third Prime Minister in the span of just a year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Torrannor posted:

The UK government is in absolute shambles, and the Brits could conceivably see a third Prime Minister in the span of just a year.

At the rate things are going, she'll probably resign by the end of the day today. Or by the end of the week, at the latest.

So there will be another dumb popularity contest among the Tories to elect another incompetent moron.

e: I think we're seeing why the framers of the US constitution weren't fans of the parliamentary system.