Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Wanderer is probably my favorite hero just because of how crazy his quad-use attack can get with buffs.

One time I had 2 items on him for "Copy the value of the previously used die" and Cleave. I also had a Sharpshot with a "2 damage Mimic, Ranged" attack. to copy the keywords off of the Wanderer's die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Suggestion: if you achieve this, the game should start playing Vergil's theme.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I've noticed that I relied heavily on broken item combos in my previous games because I still haven't beaten hard yet.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
2 questions:

1. Is there still an achievement for getting through Tarantulas or however you spell it without a hero dying? I didn't get that in version 1.0 yet before the update.

2. Do you have to use a Dodge or Undying side to get your top hero to avoid the HP threshold insta-kill, or is it satisfactory enough to let that go off, but use something that revives a character mid-fight afterwards to get it?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

There still is one and I'm pretty sure reviving works fine.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

The achievement got updated to "Clear the Tartarus fight with no dead heroes" sl any form of revive shenanigans works just fine.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

After my last post I beat the game for the first time (on easy) on my very next run. Now on to normal difficulty! Last boss was hexia(?) and I won with one dude alive and like 2 life.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Been loving this game since I picked it up recently, cleared a bunch of Normal runs and thornsed myself to death on Hexia a handful of times

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The excitement of beating unfair is crushed so fast when you see brutal.

At least unfair is done.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Inceltown posted:

The excitement of beating unfair is crushed so fast when you see brutal.

At least unfair is done.

I can see where the time Tann sunk into this went.
There's so much stuff.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Hello, just bought this game and chiming in to say it owns. Game good. Some might say very good even.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I don't like this game. I sit down to play for a few minutes and suddenly an hour and half has passed :saddowns:

I'm also having to charge my phone way more often than I used to.

Qtamo
Oct 7, 2012

AG3 posted:

I sit down to play for a few minutes and suddenly an hour and half has passed :saddowns:

Big :same:

Also a probable bug that happened a few days back and I forgot to report (:smith:): I had the item that prevents changes to all sides. When I used one of the yellow heroes with exert, the item worked ok (not changing the sides to exerted), but on the next round it always kept selecting the die for that hero. So I had to unselect the die on every reroll if I didn't want choose it. Wish I hadn't forgotten to send the ingame report.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

grate deceiver posted:

Hello, just bought this game and chiming in to say it owns. Game good. Some might say very good even.

Legit the best mobile game I've played.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Is there a breakdown on how to unlock certain characters and items? I've put countless hours into the game and I'm ready to get spoiled.

Also, is there a use for Void that I'm missing or is it just a joke item?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

New Leaf posted:

Is there a breakdown on how to unlock certain characters and items? I've put countless hours into the game and I'm ready to get spoiled.

Also, is there a use for Void that I'm missing or is it just a joke item?

If you go to the compendium screen and click on a locked item or character, the game will usually tell you what the requirement is. If it doesn't, it's because it requires doing something with a mode or character or item that you haven't unlocked yet

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Also all tier 0 items are joke items, but a handful have actual niche uses which make them have an actual use even if it's really low value.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

I haven't gotten any useful tier 0 combos, but I bet Snake Oil (double healing received at full health) would pair well with Blood/Ichor Chalices and Twiddle (swap top and bottom sides) seems like it could pair with Sling or Updog under the right circumstances. I'm sure there are more.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think someone in this thread pointed out that Fly is pure upside if used on a side that naturally already has decay. Paper is a funny one for adding the keyword nothing (does nothing), but you might be able to finangle that on a rainbow side.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!
There's also the one that gives you a spell that costs 1 mana to gain 1 mana that would trigger any heal/shield on spell items.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

There's also one that adds 1 to sides with zero pips or something like that which is useful situationally (like a long fight with decay?) or if you get sparky

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
Trying out the demo but there's no music. Does the full game have music?

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

lol

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

SmockJoc posted:

It does not.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

SmockJoc posted:

it has really satisfying dice rolling sound effects and clicky noises, i could want for nothing else tbh

SmockJoc
Oct 4, 2004
What a great game. Purchased!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

SmockJoc posted:

The podcast app is a separate download

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Leech and undying is a nice combo

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Rescue, cleave undying :smug:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
psa: if you're playing cursed (or blursed), you might be offered an item choice of "a level X or a level X item". one of the Xs will be purple. this is not a bug, as i'd assumed - rather, the chance is between a level X item and a cursed level X item. be aware, as this is very unpleasant to find out the hard way

hexia really shuts down my blow-off-steam team of all blue on easy/medium. is there anything you can do vs hexia with this combo?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Do you guys have a go-to curse for Hard? I tend to get less rerolls or one spell, doesn't cramp my style quite as much.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

redleader posted:

psa: if you're playing cursed (or blursed), you might be offered an item choice of "a level X or a level X item". one of the Xs will be purple. this is not a bug, as i'd assumed - rather, the chance is between a level X item and a cursed level X item. be aware, as this is very unpleasant to find out the hard way

hexia really shuts down my blow-off-steam team of all blue on easy/medium. is there anything you can do vs hexia with this combo?

I find that as an all blue team, you probably want to prioritize picking up some items that grant you attacks/healing/shields, just to cover your bases. Also, I think if your hero in the bottom slot has a dodge side that'll stop the damage.

If all else fails, 3 blazes from a Warlock will take out Hexia and only kill one of your heroes. :v:

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

This doesn’t work if the game in question doesn’t have a Linux version.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I think the single most important blessing to get in Blursed is the one that gives you an extra item slot. An entire extra slot opens up room for all sorts of degenerate synergies and it gives item quality bonus too. I feel like the strongest possible blursed start is +1 rarity +1 slot and +2 rarity.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Big Mad Drongo posted:

Twiddle (swap top and bottom sides) seems like it could pair with Sling or Updog under the right circumstances. I'm sure there are more.

What is the in-game effect that the item named "updog" has on the dice of the character to whom it is assigned? Increase top face value?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

ilmucche posted:

What is the in-game effect that the item named "updog" has on the dice of the character to whom it is assigned? Increase top face value?

If you have more hp than your target it gets double the value.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Longbow is so good for an early relic, ranged 2 damage on top and bottom can patch up a lot of blank or weak sides

ilmucche posted:

love the phrasing here to avoid getting updogged

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ilmucche posted:

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Arzaac posted:

I find that as an all blue team, you probably want to prioritize picking up some items that grant you attacks/healing/shields, just to cover your bases. Also, I think if your hero in the bottom slot has a dodge side that'll stop the damage.

If all else fails, 3 blazes from a Warlock will take out Hexia and only kill one of your heroes. :v:

the problem i find with items is that you can't build your blues into a non-mana team unless you get very lucky. since mana is both your offense and defense, you're so limited in what you can actually do without damaging your bottom hero

warlock is a good idea though

Half of Dracula posted:

Longbow is so good for an early relic, ranged 2 damage on top and bottom can patch up a lot of blank or weak sides

longbow is real good. i find shortsword also fills a similar (but less good) niche

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
4 wisps and 2 demons on floor 19 with the Pristine modifier.
So many bones. Some combinations seem unwinnable. And it was just Hard!