  • Post
I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

we have so much to learn from the mlol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.games.n64/c/CfGHGu6Q-z4

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Xbox 1 has the wrong kind of bandwidth

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

time is a flat circle

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

Lol

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hell, same

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

half the puzzle clicks into place

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

somebody help him!!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao too many to quote

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Troll = Homo

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.video/c/JaqE3p_yl0E/m/EPkuTMUrgEYJ posted:

The Sony PlayStation is, without a doubt, the most overrated gaming
system ever. There have been majorly hyped systems in the
past; most notably the Nintendo64. But that system did indeed live up
to its hype, and in fact surpassed everyone's expectations.
The PSX [I will call it PSX because I refuse to use Sony's own
ego-feeding name] was described as the best 32-bit system on the
market, and indeed it does fare better than most. The 3DO is poor
competition, as is Atari's laughable [very laughable, in fact]
Jaguar. But sadly, people have overlooked the best 32-bit system on
the market, often dismissing it as a failure. I am speaking, of
course, of Sega's Saturn, the clear loser in the console wars ... or
so it appears right now. Although I no longer harbor much hope
[well, actually, no hope] that the Saturn will regain its rightful
place as 32-bit king, I am disappointed when people who have never
tried it speak of it in the same tone of voice they usually reserve
for a garden hose [or Trip Hawkins]. It's people like that who give
gamers a bad name [them and anyone who worked for Studio 3DO].
The most common argument in favor of the PSX is that it has a huge
library of games; and that can't be disputed. It does have the
most games, by far, of the Big Three right now, but at the same time
this is also a bad thing. Sure, Saturn doesn't have as many
games, but on the other hand the ones they do have are usually better.
And Nintendo seems to have a similar ideal in mind. So what
it comes down to is, the PSX has more bad games, and thus a lower
ratio of good games to overall. So what would you rather have -
plenty of good games or a surplus of bad ones? Apparently, the average
American consumer is inclined towards the latter. Well, I
guess that's not surprising, considering that this is the country that
made baseball the national pastime. I can certainly think of
something better to do with my spare time, can't you? Who cares about
sports?

Sony Computer Entertainment [see below] has one major flaw in their
policy - they don't make games. Now, you would kind of
expect that a huge monstrosity of an electronics company would have
the ability to slap together a couple of R&D teams, huh?
Apparently not. All they can show for themselves is the wonderful
example of gaming bliss, the epitome of 32-bit, the
dear-lord-this-is-why-I-bought-the-PSX game, Crash Bandicoot. YEAH! Oh
man, there's nothing better in life than running around in
semi-3D as a ... bandicoot [uh huh], while getting hit by rocks and
jumping over pits. If I wanted to do this, I'd play Super Mario Bros.
You play Crash. I'd probably have more fun.

Now, this isn't to say that all PSX games are bad. There're a few
incredible games [or so I've heard] that utilize the capabilities -
most notably Resident Evil and Wipeout XL. I will grant you that those
games kick butt, as do a few others, but at the same time the
PSX will never have the potential of the Saturn because of two words:
"Sega R&D." They're not really words, but any gamer can
understand the power of them. These guys are responsible for some of
the best arcade games ever - Daytona, Rally, GunBlade,
Virtual On, and the VF's. They know what they're doing, and they
definitely know how to make a game fun. PSX supporters always
this. Yeah, you have Namco. An independent company. An
independent company that can make games for anyone, not only PSX. In
fact, even they are starting to look at N64 publishing. So
you know what? All of Sony's exclusives, the Tekkens, Ridge Racers,
and Time Crises, could be gone just like that [make the
snapping fingers noise, come on]. And then you'd be left with a unique
item - the only game system ever that can't do the color
orange. "What?" cry the PSX enthusiasts, flabbergasted or something
like that? Yeah, that's right. No orange. Think about it.
Tekken's collisions - the fireballs - go red to yellosw, with no
orange. Twisted Metal's cars don't have orange on them - it comes out
as a sick green. And remember the great colors of Crash Bandicoot? In
the drawings he's orange; in the game he's dark red. In the
words of so many homies, "drat!"

What SCE really stands for

Some Crappy Entertainment
Sony's Cancerous Eyesore
Small Country's Expenses
Smokin' Charcoal Everywhere
System Control Error
Syndicated Crack Elephants
Single-Cerebellum Eruption
Stinking Chili [nothing fits here!]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gotta pay the troll toll to get into that guy's hole

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

quote:

What SCE really stands for

Some Crappy Entertainment
Sony's Cancerous Eyesore
Small Country's Expenses
Smokin' Charcoal Everywhere
System Control Error
Syndicated Crack Elephants
Single-Cerebellum Eruption
Stinking Chili [nothing fits here!]

This is like finding the ancient advanced technology that the aliens used to build the pyramids

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis posted:

Sony Computer Entertainment [see below] has one major flaw in their
policy - they don't make games.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

time is a flat circle

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me
david r watters
Aug 2, 1991, 3:38:47 PM
In article <k9hqvd...@matt.ksu.ksu.edu> bre...@matt.ksu.ksu.edu (Brett Watson) writes:
> NOTE: I just read in Electronic Gaming Monthly today that
>the release date for Bonk's Revenge is NOW. Can anyone confirm
>this? I was expecting to have to wait until x-mas.

The store I frequent got a bunch of copies of the PC-Engine version.
The graphics look good, and it is fairly large.

They have changed the way Bonk acts while spinning in the air. He now spins
in spurts so you can tell if he is upside down or not. This is good for
doing spinning head dives, but doesn have that smooth, speedy feeling of the
previous motion.
In the Pc-Engine version, when Bonk eats the first piece of meat het turns into
a fag and starts blowing kisses that turn the enemy into stone, just as
flipping in the air and landing head first on the ground did in the first
version. I wonder if this will be changed for the US version as were
the farts comming from the Japenes versions of J.J. and Jeff.
When he eats the second piece of meat, his head swells and developes two
bulges that make him look like the red "head" monster in a couple
Buggs Bunny flicks, the interesting monster who needed an interesting hairdoo.
Steam and fire shoot out of these buldges at first and from then on Bonk
glows.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

  • 1