Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I got a personal help request for things I can’t even collect yet lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hobojim posted:

This is the greatest personal help request

I’ve had a few decent ones. One gave me 65 honey. Another gave me a bunch of spiked shells like that one you posted. Always a nice surprise!

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Finally got a gold potato. I’ve grown 49901 of them.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I got my gold potato in less than 1000 potatoes.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Borgen's is selling antlers for 1 AC today.

I don't know if the gold pepper seeds or crab claw are worth grabbing.

monkeytennis posted:

Finally got a gold potato. I’ve grown 49901 of them.

:woop: Congratulations!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Man gently caress rune stone 11

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I feel your pain. gently caress all the runestones.

I was stuck on the leek one for the longest time until a helpful person pointed out the wishing well will give them too. It looks like it only does the first 10 though. I'm stuck on 8, the small pond one now. 3k manually caught fish and 6 wishing well tosses in and nothing yet.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

LLSix posted:

I feel your pain. gently caress all the runestones.

I was stuck on the leek one for the longest time until a helpful person pointed out the wishing well will give them too. It looks like it only does the first 10 though. I'm stuck on 8, the small pond one now. 3k manually caught fish and 6 wishing well tosses in and nothing yet.

https://buddy.farm/i/runestone-11/ (or whatever) always check this page. The hilarious thing is eventually pets bring you tons of them. My current lowest count one is Runestone 19 at 43. I recall runestone hell though, what a pain. (I'm only a month or three ahead of you.)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The problem I have with pets getting them is that it’s drat expensive and I don’t have the cash for that yet lol

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

When you realize how much spheres sell for, and how many you can craft from what pets give you, it becomes very apparent why certain pets are priority buys. Especially when it comes to events, where there's a global selling price bonus and both spheres usually come up as ITOD at least once.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

The problem I have with pets getting them is that it’s drat expensive and I don’t have the cash for that yet lol

Yeah, it will come.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Is the new peaches perk considered worthwhile? Seems like it's alright.

Tower levels from 20 through to like 60/70 seem pretty meh (I won't need 400 more trees for a long time). Tempting to go for the 100b farmhouse upgrade/crop row rather than chase the tower.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Atoramos posted:

Tower levels from 20 through to like 60/70 seem pretty meh (I won't need 400 more trees for a long time). Tempting to go for the 100b farmhouse upgrade/crop row rather than chase the tower.

Increased rates at level 50 is nice depending on what you’re working on.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
Holy poo poo pirate's cove is lucrative.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Atoramos posted:

I grabbed the peach perk but have never used a peach juice since then. Its usefulness largely depends on where you are in the game.

Tower artifacts 20, 30, 60, 70 are great.
As mentioned above selling spheres is a big money maker, but they also cost a lot to craft. Reducing their craft cost will increase your profit a lot.

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

I’m fairly early into corn and have had it drop 5 times. It’s strange.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

andy_social posted:

I’m fairly early into corn and have had it drop 5 times. It’s strange.

I am well over half way through Corn Quandary and I've had exactly 1 drop and I had to use that to open up the next fishing spot.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH
I love the pointlessly low farming level requirements for corn quandry. I'm on one of the last quests and it requires Farming 55. I'm pretty sure if you did nothing but grow corn for Corn Quandry you'd still be at least level 60 just from the thousands of corn you need for the quest.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I feel like the reduced cooking time perks might be bad since it limits how many of the stir/taste/etc actions you can do on a given cook which is what gives the most exp/mastery. Chunking out meals is a secondary concern.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I feel like the reduced cooking time perks might be bad since it limits how many of the stir/taste/etc actions you can do on a given cook which is what gives the most exp/mastery. Chunking out meals is a secondary concern.

I've definitely stir'd my way to not being able to taste. Was annoying to see all 3 ready then boom, "meals almost done!"

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

quote:

- New chore: Complete a Personal Help Request (just 1) once you are Farming 60. You can't use a Peach Juice to skip the PHR

If this means what I think: oh gently caress offfff

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

mrmcd posted:

If this means what I think: oh gently caress offfff

My exact reaction as well. That's a bear of a chore.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol what in earth. I'm just going to miss that day.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Huh, I just crafted a bunch of spheres using craftworks and now I have negative silver to the tune of about 600,000,000, so be careful using that for expensive crafts I guess :v:

susan b buffering fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Oct 21, 2022

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

Lol what in earth. I'm just going to miss that day.

Is it that bad? I think I’ve completed all 3 PHRs every single day they’ve been available to me.

susan b buffering posted:

Huh, I just crafted a bunch of spheres using craftworks and now I have negative silver to the tune of about 600,000,000, so be careful using that for expensive crafts I guess :v:

You can go negative with craftworks? That seems like a bug.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

yeah I always complete all my PHRs unless there's some absurd requirement like 250 machine presses or something

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The ones that ask for like 250 of a fruit can gently caress right off though

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ruggan posted:

Is it that bad? I think I’ve completed all 3 PHRs every single day they’ve been available to me.

You can go negative with craftworks? That seems like a bug.

Yeah, Coderanger said there are some unfixed race conditions in the code that may have caused it.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

I mostly ignore mine. While they technically give more silver than just selling the request items would, the crafts/explore/fish gained by using those items often seems more valuable than the quest reward. Especially since I'm a long way from 4x99.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Kaboobi posted:

yeah I always complete all my PHRs unless there's some absurd requirement like 250 machine presses or something

Yeah. I take back what I said, I definitely juice them if they’re absurd. I had one that wanted 50 honey (and this was when I was stocking up for ATI).
:wtc:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

LLSix posted:

I mostly ignore mine. While they technically give more silver than just selling the request items would, the crafts/explore/fish gained by using those items often seems more valuable than the quest reward. Especially since I'm a long way from 4x99.

You ought to do them. You don’t get new ones each day unless you complete the existing set. While they don’t all give great rewards (many don’t, in fact) you will sometimes get lucky. Today I had one that gave me 70 seaweed, and yesterday I had one that gave me 50 orange geckos.

Those “lucky” rewards really speed up rare item acquisition imo.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Ruggan posted:

You ought to do them. You don’t get new ones each day unless you complete the existing set. While they don’t all give great rewards (many don’t, in fact) you will sometimes get lucky. Today I had one that gave me 70 seaweed, and yesterday I had one that gave me 50 orange geckos.

Those “lucky” rewards really speed up rare item acquisition imo.

I think ignoring them until you're close to farming 99 is a good idea, they REALLY aren't worth it at lower levels the vast majority of the time. I waited until farming ~95 and then peach juiced the bad ones away.

The cat's meow meal has a very fitting name, holy poo poo. I cranked out 50 gold fliers in ten minutes. It also adds to your streak if you use manual fishing, merit badge should be easier now. Also double hooks is probably not very good anymore lol

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Hobojim posted:

I think ignoring them until you're close to farming 99 is a good idea, they REALLY aren't worth it at lower levels the vast majority of the time. I waited until farming ~95 and then peach juiced the bad ones away.

The cat's meow meal has a very fitting name, holy poo poo. I cranked out 50 gold fliers in ten minutes. It also adds to your streak if you use manual fishing, merit badge should be easier now. Also double hooks is probably not very good anymore lol

Yeah you might be right - rewards might be a little more lackluster at lower levels (dunno?) but they’re definitely worth doing daily at some point.

Double hooks stacks, I think?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Lol I selected onions and I guess fat fingered plant all and now I have rice going. Welp.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

H110Hawk posted:

Lol I selected onions and I guess fat fingered plant all and now I have rice going. Welp.

This is what shovels are for

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Ruggan posted:

Yeah you might be right - rewards might be a little more lackluster at lower levels (dunno?) but they’re definitely worth doing daily at some point.

Double hooks stacks, I think?

Do they? I've only tried with the perk, but was getting between 3-7 each catch. Maybe it adds one to the count sometimes, but getting a ~520% boost doesn't seem much better than a ~500% boost from just the food imo

Now obviously it costs a lot to get the kitchen up and running well, so double hooks earlier on to make fish less annoying is fine, but I'm probably going to drop it next time I respec.

Edit to complain: of loving COURSE, after a full week of zero gold fish grab bags in the exchange centre, they show up literally an hour after I finish the quest.

Ah well. Looks like my only remaining hurdle for the tower will be gold peppers, of all things.

Hobojim fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 21, 2022

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Bit surprised how much more xp/hour you get for cooking if you do the extra actions, its really noticeable with the lvl 10 meal

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ineptitude posted:

Bit surprised how much more xp/hour you get for cooking if you do the extra actions, its really noticeable with the lvl 10 meal

I'm wondering if it's bugged, the level 20 meal dumps tons of XP for doing the extra actions. I went from 21 to over halfway through 23 on 5 mushroom stews.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
I'm just working through Gold Fliers to finish unlocking Pirate's Cove but should I be ignoring this Defences and Consequences quest line? The latest is asking for 300 honey and that would basically clear me out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Ineptitude posted:

stirring meals seems to give XP in proportional to how much time is left, so if you have 4 hours left and it shaves off 10% of that it gives you an absurd amount of XP. once you get the longer meals and some more ovens your level go up super quick, I'm nearly at 40 already