Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

thetoughestbean posted:

Chapter 2 Part 2

It's interesting how "why should I share" becomes "why should you share" when all involved have access to something like bread. Johnny has 10 apples and Janey has 6... Johnny ought to be the one giving 4 of his to Carl, not Janey. But when Johnny realizes this, it's too late, math question is over and Janey already only has two left. "why should I share" indeed, sighs the group which just had 16 apples. Fun realization by the fella there.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 20:50 on Oct 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

This person did the Cranes in Bloodborne, didn't they?

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Good lord, what is happening there?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1582376306863325185

Some classics in that thread, and some "classics" as well.

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1582210511638507526

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Hempuli posted:

“A coward dies a thousand times before his death, but the valiant taste of death but once."
― Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Man I love that he panics and just dies the same death four times in a row.

Also the unwomanly taste of war is fantastic, anyone interested should give the book a read.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
ild vote for Zoozo in a heartbeat

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just listening to a UK politics podcast and I'm certain that a leader openly admitting they hosed up AND immediately moving to correct the government entirely is the most fantastic thing about this comic of a land of magic.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Petiso posted:

Good lord, what is happening there?
lol

This is what it is in the original:

No idea how it became all that

e: zooming in, I'm gonna have to guess some bug happened in google translate or, more likely, whatever script they were using to do the multiple translations

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Making dot matrix printer sounds while smacking my friend

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Somebody has a new favorite as of 00:33 on Oct 19, 2022

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Boba I hope you're ok :(

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

boba is having some mental health issues at the moment and is getting help

i hope boba is better soon

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

She never should’ve taken that job writing for cards against humanity :(

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Can’t really compete with that Frasier/Colombo crossover or the beautiful climax of Trixie Slaughteraxe, but here’s some Hark! A Vagrant. Today’s entry includes the invention of one of my favorite things to say to this day.

Remember when you drew princesses with big cone hats? Those were the days.

Look but don’t touch

It is another comic about a ghost! But not a person-ghost. There is some collar grabbin’, I feel like LBJ shaking Pearson on the balcony.

haahah aw yiss

This one is for Candace.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I don't know why Duck Comics has stuck in my mind so consistently for all these years, but it has

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Captain Hygiene posted:

I don't know why Duck Comics has stuck in my mind so consistently for all these years, but it has

Same. I've actually been using "aw yiss" for so long I forgot it was from kate beaton (of chased-off-the-forums fame)

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

“Aw yiss” is indeed the phrase I say to this day. I actually forgot that Duck Comics was a Beaton thing until this post, so I was really happen to see it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

some motha fuckin bread crumbs

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

aw yiss is a fave. kate beaton is a treasure. my brother bought my whole family fat pony merch back when our first born was a babby: two fat pony t-shirts and a little onesie. still get a kick when the wife wears hers.

this is the onesie:

can't find the t-shirts online, they've got multiple fat ponies on 'em

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIinnh1TYio

she's a star!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ditocoaf posted:

I thought he only lost his pacifist magic if one of his spells caused or enabled harm. Which is interpreted very broadly, but: I don't think he ever used a spell to touch the scepter or enable someone to touch the scepter, so I don't think his magic would associate itself with the scepter deaths.

He first gets the scepter by candifying the sealed box it's held in. He would never have used the scepter if he didn't cast that spell.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

OK, one of the few things I know about Jojo is that some of the characters are named after rock bands.

Is this guy actually named Led Zeppelin?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Fister Roboto posted:

OK, one of the few things I know about Jojo is that some of the characters are named after rock bands.

I believe his name is Will Anthonio Zeppeli.

R.E.O. Speedwagon’s name, on the other hand, is genuine

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Emzedoh posted:

Huh, a new page already? I'm going to post some more Witch Vasenka's War.

The conclusion of Beast's Forest.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

thetoughestbean posted:

lmao

Thank you for making my first experience with Jojo this... inscrutable.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

thetoughestbean posted:

yep. He is named after Led Zeppelin though. And yeah Fast Ambulance/Super Taxi/etc. is actually Robert E. O. Speedwagon

e:

Fister Roboto posted:

lmao

Thank you for making my first experience with Jojo this... inscrutable.
:tipshat: my pleasure!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

lyndon painatorium is a weenie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

AppleTV is this bougie otherrealm where the weirdest coastal poo poo you'd swore would never get greenlit already got produced, completed, and aired 2 years ago. I mean good for Ms. Beaton, truly, it's just a trip how easy it is in the 2020s to be completely out of sync with an entire leyline of media content.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Mx. posted:

lyndon painatorium is a weenie

One glimpse of a possible Buff Lyndon, and the original is never good enough again

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

I like all the zeppelis, but gyro is easily the most memeable. The anime for that part isn't out yet so there's a lot of people that don't know him.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Chapter 2 Part 2

I forgot to say, this bit made me smile and feel slightly better about humans in general.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

I like all the zeppelis, but gyro is easily the most memeable. The anime for that part isn't out yet so there's a lot of people that don't know him.
:haibrow: Gyro is my favorite Zeppeli. How can you not love this dude

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
it's been a hell of a year, and next year will be much the same. here's some hell was full

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President

Hempuli posted:

Showdown 22
Showdown 23
Showdown 24
Showdown 25
Showdown 26

Showdown 27

And with that, the only thing left is the epilogue! There's a bunch of text in that one so unless people prefer otherwise, I'll post the epilogue pages one at a time; I hope that doesn't take too much attention away from the other comics in the thread.

Talking character deaths: 54
Deaths altogether: 96+
Marriages: 2 (+2)

By popular demand posted:

Just listening to a UK politics podcast and I'm certain that a leader openly admitting they hosed up AND immediately moving to correct the government entirely is the most fantastic thing about this comic of a land of magic.
:(

Hempuli has a new favorite as of 18:20 on Oct 19, 2022

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

We’ll never know if Klara was pulling his leg or not.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Trixie 2 starts with the gang saving Lyndon from the real of centipedes.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

trixie slaughteraxe was so good. i wish thorsby would do a new comic and also it would be as amazing as trixie slaughteraxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hempuli posted:

And with that, the only thing left is the epilogue! There's a bunch of text in that one so unless people prefer otherwise, I'll post the epilogue pages one at a time; I hope that doesn't take too much attention away from the other comics in the thread.

Sounds like a good plan to me!