Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

Today is one of those rare days that stupidly busy with way too much work, but also dragging like a dog on a rug with an itchy rear end.

I hate it when my rug's rear end gets itchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

cruft posted:

I hate it when my rug's rear end gets itchy.

The dog is just doing his part by trying to scratch it with his butthole.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

The dog is just doing his part by trying to scratch it with his butthole.

Very considerate of the dog when you stop and think about it.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
If I didn't need the health insurance I'd probably just leave this office and never come back.

Ass-penny

This is just a reminder to poop on company time if'n you can manage it.

idiotsavant
boss makes a dollar, i make a dime...

Ass-penny

:doh:
TFW you switched days off with the other closing manager and forgot and showed up to work anyway

Scuba Trooper

i have multiple appointments on my calendar that should have been passed to someone else and its causing headaches but twist: today because of someone elses fuckup i get multiple goof-off hours at my full rate so eaaaaaat shiiiiiiiit, work

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Scuba Trooper posted:

i have multiple appointments on my calendar that should have been passed to someone else and its causing headaches but twist: today because of someone elses fuckup i get multiple goof-off hours at my full rate so eaaaaaat shiiiiiiiit, work

This is the way

xcheopis

I had to change my password to our "secure documents" site and am grateful for our forum subtitle. Try to guess that one, hackers!

Escape From Noise

Brewing that imperial stout on Tuesday kicked my rear end! At least all I have today is kegging and dry hopping. Tomorrow I just need to adjust the temperatures for the dry hopped tanks.

Escape From Noise

Kegged the brown ale today.

It turned out okay. A little bit of acidic bite like you get from cheap coffee or coffee that's been sitting in an urn too long. I think maybe too much black malt and/or tanks not chilling due to a temperature probe issue so it got a little overheated in the first day of fermentation. Reached like 22 degrees. It's also higher alcohol than I'd like. That's an easy enough fix if I make it again.

Escape From Noise

Remember that godawful dumpster fire of a brewery I was working at last year I'm Wakayama? From what I'm hearing, that place is not long for this world. A few months after I left the other brewer and the chef in training coordinated submitting their resignations on the same day. Since then he's hired people with no experience he pays nothing. He opened a 2k liter facility, despite no increase in demand. His strategy for increasing sales is to largely export. At 2k liters. His workers hate working at the new facility because the hours are worse there, so I wouldn't be surprised if he loses a bunch of staff all over again. He now can't keep up with demand for export since he's trying to enter like 10 different markets in Asia, America, and Europe so he's getting stuff contract brewed. He did so at a friend's brewery and sent the wrong hops. He told him to sub Simcoe for Citra. I doubt he's making a ton of profit, if any on all this export, especially when he's traveling around the world trying to sell his garbage beer that nobody likes. I think he makes most of his money from government grants and those have got to be drying up. Even the ones they give in more rural areas to prop up local businesses. The money needed for a small brewpub is far less than what's needed to operate a 2k liter production facility, and that output is not enough to justify exporting all over the world. I'd honestly be shocked if they're still around under his management in 5 years. And all I have to say is...
LOL. LMFAO.

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

I took today off because I felt like it and I needed to catch up with a bunch of stuff with offices that are closed on the weekends.

Feels good

more falafel please

forums poster

simcoe for citra? you can't sub a 2015 trend with a 2013 trend!

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Escape From Noise

more falafel please posted:

simcoe for citra? you can't sub a 2015 trend with a 2013 trend!

Also they taste completely different. This would be one thing if it was some one-off or whatever but this is a standard beer. That company's a mess. He also gave specs for pH but not target OG.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

xcheopis posted:

I had to change my password to our "secure documents" site and am grateful for our forum subtitle. Try to guess that one, hackers!

lol

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Scuba Trooper

i took a day and a half off of work thinking i had COVID but nope, just fatigued

Escape From Noise

Stumbled across some interview my former boss gave where he dedicated several paragraphs to talking about me (without mentioning my name, thank God) and saying a bunch of weird crap about how I took away business from him by spreading lies on social media and a bunch of other weird stories he made up. I didn't say poo poo on social media. Lol. I hope the dumb loser is mad!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 9, 2022

Ass-penny

He must be mad, if he's going to slander you like that.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

He must be mad, if he's going to slander you like that.

Lol. Yeah. This was three years ago. He's still spinning weird yarns about it. The weirdest part was he said that I "agreed to resign" due to a bunch of reasons he made up, then I apparently went around telling everyone in "the American community" in Osaka (I have a pretty small handful of foreign friends here) that he'd fired me. I never claimed he'd fired me. My story was always "I quit, then he wrote a massive post on Facebook using my full name in Japanese and English claiming I'd lied and was in trouble with immigration."

His company is circling the drain because he overexpanded and his abusive micromanaging bullshit means he can't retain any staff. Dude can only skim so much from the government subsidies he gets to pay the people with disabilities salaries.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 9, 2022

Escape From Noise

Been talking about this article with brewers I know since he also claims that "trickster breweries" in Osaka caused him to get frozen out of the market here. Our sales in Osaka were never very strong even well before I quit. From what I heard a lot of bar owners found him off-putting and unreliable. It's wild the amount of power I apparently wield. All I can remember happening was another brewer dropping out of an event with him because of his weird social media posts about me after I resigned, and maybe the head brewer at Minoh saying something to him in private (she's way too professional to say anything publicly. I mean that brewer that dropped out of the event included their beer in a Kansai beer event at her bar, and they had a booth at an invitational event in Osaka last month. Not much of a freeze out IMHO.

Apparently, a brewer I know is having trouble getting payment from him for his cider so he had to freeze his account. I hope he gets paid but I also hope this is a sign on the horizon.

more falafel please

forums poster

my project is extremely process-heavy which means i'm in a lot of meetings i don't need to be in, and now they're making playtests mandatory multiple hours a week. this week i have two blocks of time longer than an hour in which to do my actual job

cruft

Earlier today the following sequence of events took place in about 20 minutes:

• In Mattermost (like Slack) contractor B asked me if they should come to the event on Saturday or Sunday. I answered.
  • Contractor B asked, in email, if they should come to the event on Saturday or Sunday. I answered.
  • My co-worker started asking me a bunch of scheduling questions about the first day. I answered, and then realized she was answering Contractor B.
  • Contractor A asked in Slack if they should come to the event on Saturday or Sunday. I answered.
  • I mentioned in a snippy way that it would be really neat if they could just use one channel to ask stuff like this so I wouldn't have to answer the same question 4 times from 2 people.
  • Contractor A asked if Contractor B could be added to our Mattermost (like Slack) channel.
  • I pointed out that I had brought Contractor B to the channel in June, and said hello to them. I was getting angry.
  • Contractor A explained that Contractor C was unable to get the hotel reservation web site to work right.
  • I pointed out that I don't maintain the hotel reservation web site and asked if Contractor C was using Internet Explorer.
  • Contractor A said that Contractor C was able to get the hotel reservation web site to work, but it was going to charge them tax and they shouldn't be paying tax.
  • I told Contractor A to tell Contractor C that how the hotel charges tax is not up to me and suggested Contractor C call the hotel.
  • Contractor A said Contractor C suggested I call the hotel and figure it out.
  • I said this made me angry, but I would do it.
  • Contractor A asked if I would mail Contractor C a reply directly.
  • I said no, I was already doing Contractor C a big favor.
  • I called the front desk and asked about tax, and was told that the tax would be removed during check-in after verifying their government ID, as is pretty standard for the industry. They also suggested calling the front desk after making the reservation to put a note on the room that tax should be removed, in case the person checking in forgets to bring it up.
  • I relayed this to Contractor A, and said I would not be calling the hotel for Contractor C a second time.
  • Contractor A asked if we should mail these instructions to all 400 participants.
  • I said that we could if A thought it was important, but in 13 years this is the first time I'd ever heard of anybody not knowing how to check in to a hotel, and that they should be asking around to see if someone who's been working there longer had advice.
  • My co-lead informed me that we do in fact do this work, and had in fact done it last month for the program sponsor
  • I apologized to Contractor A for being snippy
  • I suddenly realized, to my horror, that Contractor C was actually the chief of communications for the $80-billion government agency that funds my program
  • I apologized again
  • I emailed the staff psychologist asking if they could help me sort out some stress issues

After relaying this to a few people they were all "yeah I'd be pissed too", but I still shouldn't have blown up at the CCO, much less some contractor, no matter how vapid.

cruft fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 12, 2022

xcheopis

cruft posted:

Earlier today the following sequence of events took place in about 20 minutes:

• In Mattermost (like Slack) contractor B asked me if they should come to the event on Saturday or Sunday. I answered.
  • Contractor B asked, in email, if they should come to the event on Saturday or Sunday. I answered.
  • My co-worker started asking me a bunch of scheduling questions about the first day. I answered, and then realized she was answering Contractor B.
  • Contractor A asked in Slack if they should come to the event on Saturday or Sunday. I answered.
  • I mentioned in a snippy way that it would be really neat if they could just use one channel to ask stuff like this so I wouldn't have to answer the same question 4 times from 2 people.
  • Contractor A asked if Contractor B could be added to our Mattermost (like Slack) channel.
  • I pointed out that I had brought Contractor B to the channel in June, and said hello to them. I was getting angry.
  • Contractor A explained that Contractor C was unable to get the hotel reservation web site to work right.
  • I pointed out that I don't maintain the hotel reservation web site and asked if Contractor C was using Internet Explorer.
  • Contractor A said that Contractor C was able to get the hotel reservation web site to work, but it was going to charge them tax and they shouldn't be paying tax.
  • I told Contractor A to tell Contractor C that how the hotel charges tax is not up to me and suggested Contractor C call the hotel.
  • Contractor A said Contractor C suggested I call the hotel and figure it out.
  • I said this made me very angry, but I would do it.
  • Contractor A asked if I would mail Contractor C a reply directly.
  • I said no, I was already doing Contractor C a big favor.
  • I called the front desk and asked about tax, and was told that the tax would be removed during check-in after verifying their government ID, as is pretty standard for the industry. They also suggested calling the front desk after making the reservation to put a note on the room that tax should be removed, in case the person checking in forgets to bring it up.
  • I relayed this to Contractor A, and said I would not be calling the hotel for Contractor C a second time.
  • Contractor A asked if we should mail these instructions to all 400 participants.
  • I said that we could if A thought it was important, but in 13 years this is the first time I'd ever heard of anybody not knowing how to check in to a hotel, and that they should be asking around to see if someone who's been working there longer had advice.
  • My co-lead informed me that we do in fact do this work, and had in fact done it last month for the program sponsor
  • I apologized to Contractor A for being snippy
  • I suddenly realized, to my horror, that Contractor C was actually the chief of communications for the $80-billion government agency that funds my program
  • I apologized again
  • I emailed the staff psychologist asking if they could help me sort out some stress issues

After relaying this to a few people they were all "yeah I'd be pissed too", but I still shouldn't have blown up at the CCO, much less some contractor, no matter how vapid.
My personal experience with such people is they sometimes need a smack upside the head, just on general principle.

idiotsavant
all vendors are bastards

Escape From Noise

I wish that the restaurant manager cared half as much about keeping the lines clean as he does about applying for non competitive awards that mean about the same thing as Monde Select, only far less prestigious, since pretty much nobody outside the industry knows what it is. Hell, we already got a silver medal from that poo poo for one of our beers last year and sales for it have been steadily decreasing. But he keeps saying that if we get awards we'll sell more somehow without a dedicated sales person.

Escape From Noise

What I'm saying is, it's been a month. Clean the loving beer lines. I already demonstrated to you what happens when you don't after you failed to do so for months!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I don't understand why he wasn't loving fired for a serious safety issue.

xcheopis

One of our contractors sends an email when she uploads their monthly data to our secure site. That's nice for me, as the system often doesn't send a notification (stupid thing). However.
English is not her first language and she is fluent... but not perfectly so, which means all her emails are letting us know that she "putted the dat in the folder" and I die a little bit each time because it is so very wrong but also it would be so very rude and unprofessional to correct her.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
dat rear end(orted data)

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

more falafel please

forums poster

a while back we made a game called Divekick which was all sprite based animation so we wrote a tool to handle sprite animation sets and whatnot. Divekick Animation Tool And Sprite Sequencer or DATASS

xcheopis

I am far far more bothered by "putted".

Escape From Noise

Edward Fingerhands posted:

I don't understand why he wasn't loving fired for a serious safety issue.

Yeah. Me too. The place is definitely understaffed, but he's also clearly out of his depth.

Scuba Trooper

I missed half a meeting today because it wasnt on my calendar but no one seemed to give a poo poo

then i met my boss's new dog

Escape From Noise

I love how if I mention I'm considering opening my own brewery eventually there are people with no industry experience who are like "DID YOU KNOW IT'S EXPENSIVE???" because they talked to someone who opened a place/they read something online.

Oh poo poo? Seriously? I've been working in this industry for years but had no idea!

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 18, 2022

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

There's no heat in my work offices (old building) for the next two weeks.

We move end of next week.

It's 28F in here.

gently caress a drat job.

Escape From Noise

Today was supposed to be a bottling day, but the compressed air coupler is broken, so it cannot operate. Waiting to see about repairs. This really fuckss up my schedule. I hate the gas line couplers they use here.

These bullshit fittings are so prone to failures and breakage.

Escape From Noise

Guess I'll have to wait for a replacement part to come in. Wonderful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Please join me in congratulating an utter sociopath on his promotion into VP of all of my poo poo as I continue polishing my resume and thinking about IT jobs at the chair factory.