Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

MechaSeinfeld posted:

In a just world we’d have an updated MGS legacy collection

It's cause we're here just to suffer

Snype: vvvv MGS proclick
https://mobile.twitter.com/ParametricPalta/status/1579727595096408065

Infinitum fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
MGS 2 and 3 are on Xbox but I want 4

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I didn't love 4 when I played it before but I ended up really disliking it overall this time. The Ocelot fight rules though so it's fine the rest of the game isn't amazing to me and Johnny exists as a main character. Two old men injecting each other with drugs so they can fight homoerotically rules.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I don’t have it on me but that compilation of gamefaqs posts calling it a ‘Russian tuant’ when snake and ocelot kiss is my favourite image on the internet

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Mr E posted:

I didn't love 4 when I played it before but I ended up really disliking it overall this time. The Ocelot fight rules though so it's fine the rest of the game isn't amazing to me and Johnny exists as a main character. Two old men injecting each other with drugs so they can fight homoerotically rules.

I like it when Ocelot kisses Snake atop Mt. Snakemore.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Buschmaki posted:

I like it when Ocelot kisses Snake atop Mt. Snakemore.

:haibrow:

I'm glad Ocelot got to kiss a clone of his boyfriend finally.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I don’t have it on me but that compilation of gamefaqs posts calling it a ‘Russian tuant’ when snake and ocelot kiss is my favourite image on the internet

you can relive the magic here:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/926596-metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots/54222484
https://i.imgur.com/C9NlMXC.png

i didnt embed the image since you spoiler tagged it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/TMNT/status/1582469164396003328?s=20&t=1iz0FK2WiEi3bZWsLMsgDA

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtFkW36ZEq8

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/_TechJess/status/1582546168386502656?s=20&t=1iz0FK2WiEi3bZWsLMsgDA

Lazy Robot
Jan 18, 2001

yospos

The locked Slack channel that was posted in was only created on Friday, and everybody at Activision/Blizzard/King was automatically added to it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"we disagree that a small number of employees should decide everybodies future"

https://i.imgur.com/x1FrHvW.mp4

Lulu

You are an employee

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

wow I can’t believe you can just read it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

i'm not sure whether this or that persona (or SMT?) guide writer deleting his guide because he'd converted to christianity and believed that the game taught bad morals like "murder is good" is peak gamefaqs

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Not my cup of tea regardless, but I didn't realize things got so bad that vtubers are straight up verboten in adtrw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To me peak gamefaqs was ocarina of time winning every goty

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm not sure Platinum even knows how to make Bayonetta games anymore.

Bayonetta 2 reminds me of Ninja Gaiden 3 where they changed so many little things about the combat that plays nothing like the original, just worse.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

"we disagree that a small number of employees should decide everybodies future"

This is especially absurd when you remember that the entire future of the company is literally determined by a handful of people already.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Now THIS is how you do subtext

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

I'm not sure Platinum even knows how to make Bayonetta games anymore.

Bayonetta 2 reminds me of Ninja Gaiden 3 where they changed so many little things about the combat that plays nothing like the original, just worse.

it's better

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Moon River > Fly Me to the Moon

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
What’s 3’s moon song? Is it King Crimsons “Moonchild”?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Moonage daydream

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guarantee you it’s gonna be blue moon. I’m not gonna play bayo3 so please remember to tell me if I’m right

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Rinkles posted:

Not my cup of tea regardless, but I didn't realize things got so bad that vtubers are straight up verboten in adtrw

vtubers are tied way too closely into "insufferable horny weeb" internet culture and they couldn't get vtuber thread posters to stop posting about vtuber rear end (partially cus the vtubers themselves talk/tweet about vtuber rear end all the time too)
the thread went through multiple iterations of getting gassed (e: or just locked by the OP? idk) for excessive hornyposting and then resurrected again before the topic eventually just got banned

e:

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

If you make fun of posts like this in the vtuber thread the two ADTRW mods will do a Tag Team heat move from Yakuza: Like a Dragon on you instantly:

https://i.ibb.co/ggVbbxf/662-EC509-3315-4-F0-A-B496-1-AA7350517-B3.jpg

Not really NWS but I wouldn’t be real happy if my boss walked in when I had it on screen so I’ll just link

also an adtrw mod who posted in the thread got permabanned for, quote, "retweeting pedphile hentai"

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 19, 2022

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Looper posted:

it's better

no theyre right. bayo 2 is only better for casual first time play throughs. it falls apart when you try to get good at it unlike bayo 1 which only gets better and better

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

that said i still think that post is dumb cuz theres only 2 games in the series and the last one came out 8 years ago

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Whizzing Wizard posted:

VG is streaming SotN and he refuses to use any other subweapon than the hand so I had to turn off the stream in disgust

:( Hahaha I really like the dust. It is perfect to lay it down as a trap and get my swings in. Someone said it was the worst weapon in the game but has been awesome for me and the way I play.

Rarity posted:

Lol if you watch a VG stream expecting him to engage with the game mechanics as presented rather than as he imagines them to be in his head

OK while it is true so I occasionally get confused by my own brain and mix things up about how games work, at the same time I do complete them. ;)

Also I had a really, REALLY good time with Symphony of the night. Only got to play about 2 and a bit hours but made it past the chapel area. Killed some bosses (Not sure if they count as bosses?) The duo, the griffin and something else I cannot quite remember right now. I am also playing the PS1 version via my PS3 but with a DualSense through the OBS window because my HDMI splitter is not splitting. Even still it feels pretty wonderful to control and while it felt slow to begin with it actually is deliberate like Dark Souls. I also have only died once because I went into the Griffin room with only 31 health thanks to sparring and defeating that massive ball of swords.

Music is pretty awesome as well :D Feels good to be playing a 2D platformer!

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

vtubers are tied way too closely into "insufferable horny weeb" internet culture and they couldn't get vtuber thread posters to stop posting about vtuber rear end (partially cus the vtubers themselves talk/tweet about vtuber rear end all the time too)
the thread went through multiple iterations of getting gassed (e: or just locked by the OP? idk) for excessive hornyposting and then resurrected again before the topic eventually just got banned

e:

also an adtrw mod who posted in the thread got permabanned for, quote, "retweeting pedphile hentai"

anime was a mistake

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

From memory that wasn't the actual post, they just needed to attach it to something

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

To me peak gamefaqs was ocarina of time winning every goty

I wish peak gamefaqs was just that lol

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Infinitum posted:

From memory that wasn't the actual post, they just needed to attach it to something

just this once i will forgive fluffdaddy for not linking to the pedophile hentai tweet in the ban reason

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I said come in! posted:

This is especially absurd when you remember that the entire future of the company is literally determined by a handful of people already.

It helps if when they say employees you read it as plebs

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Electric Phantasm posted:

Moon River > Fly Me to the Moon

:hmmyes:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv_mUwrV2Wo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Within a week I'm looking at Mario+Rabbids, Gotham Knights, and Dragonflights prepatch.

That's 3 games.

Exhausting

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Within a week I'm looking at Mario+Rabbids, Gotham Knights, and Dragonflights prepatch.

That's 3 games.

Exhausting

come on dogg why are you buying Gotham Knights

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Star Ocean 6 and Bayonetta 3 are out within a couple of days next week, too many games.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

im gonna watch jerma play gotham knights :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I tried to play both dead space 1 and mass effect last night and both were just a bit too dated to click with me