Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

alarumklok posted:

I hope they get destroyed because I am tired of replying "gently caress you I hope you fall in a vat of acid and become part of batman's rogues gallery" to every fundraiser text

I've gotten 16 election texts in the last 48 hours, most of them from states I do not live in.

Got one about Tulsi Gabbard campaigning for Blake Masters in Arizona... not sure how I got on that list, unless all those orgs just sell phone numbers to each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

I mean I try not to care about those things because I know that precisely gently caress-all will ever be done about them besides more hugs and kisses for cops and more money for rich people.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
I love that the interviewer is lobbing such a friendly softball to Nancy there and she's still defensive. She was asked "you've done so much great stuff in the past 2 years, but voters aren't giving you credit for it. How will you show voters how amazing you are?"
That's what Nancy chose to disbelieve, not that inflation is real, or the material conditions are getting worse for the average American, just "How will you make people like you as much as they should?"
She even trotted out what should have been a pretty alarming stat. Only 80% of polled voters who say their biggest voting issue is protecting access to abortion are in the tank for dems.

Of course she's crowing about 80% is a big number, as if that other 20% staying home isn't gonna lose dems seats.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Zvahl posted:

hasn't stopped him from personally bothering me despite living in another state

Same. I'm not in Wisconsin, either, but I just got this insane poo poo:

quote:

Hi Realname! Inflation hurts. Yet Trump Republicans do nothing, while Democrats passed a law creating millions of jobs! *Register to vote* for progress - Mandela Barnes & Gov. Tony Evers! ft6.us/WIreg (Deadline: 10/19! Or register/vote in person at your municipal clerk 10/25-11/4 or polls on Election Day 11/8.)

For folks who don't follow econ poo poo, Biden's pick to lead the Fed has hammered repeatedly on his bullshit theory that the only way to get inflation to go down is to jack up interest rates to force a recession to get businesses to eliminate a bunch of jobs to force unemployment to go way up (he explicitly says that labor has too much bargaining power, which must be weakened in order to drive wages down). But, no, let's talk about how much inflation sucks and then immediately start crowing about how the Dems have supposedly been creating a bunch of jobs.

They can't even keep their gaslighting straight for two loving sentences right after one another. This party is beyond incompetent.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
the dems, much like the cops they love so much, also scream conflicting things at their voters

then give themselves a pat on the back when they wind up murdering everyone they encounter and whine about how scary it is out there

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Oregon is looking dangerous for the Dems. I thought for sure they’d go for a 5-2 gerrymander and shore up their weaker districts, but they went for a real aggressive 6-1 lmao now there’s a chance Oregon’s congressional delegation in 2023 could be 3 Ds/4 Rs

This in addition to a very real possibility of a Republican governor

That would be outright embarrassing for them in my opinion

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

wont some one rid me of these troublesome democrats?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Oregon is looking dangerous for the Dems. I thought for sure they’d go for a 5-2 gerrymander and shore up their weaker districts, but they went for a real aggressive 6-1 lmao now there’s a chance Oregon’s congressional delegation in 2023 could be 3 Ds/4 Rs

This in addition to a very real possibility of a Republican governor

That would be outright embarrassing for them in my opinion

Dems would adore a republican governor and are actively working to secure a 3D/4R congressional delegation split.

How can any of this be embarrassing for them if not only is this a situation they have worked hard to create, but that any potential "losses" would provide yet more ammunition in the fight against the non-right wing aspects of the democratic party?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

bedpan posted:

Dems would adore a republican governor and are actively working to secure a 3D/4R congressional delegation split.

How can any of this be embarrassing for them if not only is this a situation they have worked hard to create, but that any potential "losses" would provide yet more ammunition in the fight against the non-right wing aspects of the democratic party?

I did typo there it would actually be 3/3 and not 4/3 but otherwise lol yeah

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lmfo

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/s...ingawful.com%2F

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

didn't they say the same thing about Roe V Wade and when it happened :effort:

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

There WOULD be riots in the streets, which is why the democrats had to give extra cops to the republican justices :cool:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah. all talk

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
That's exactly what dems want tho
"gee we absolutely would have done good thing, but the mean SC said no. Give us a 2/3 super majority and the WH indefinitely and we'll see if we can get better justices as they die off"

also lol I got a mailer for a dude who ran for state senate for a few years on stuff like m4a. He's now running for federal office with quotes from republicans about how cool he is

I'm gonna start political consulting and charge campaigns 250k a pop for the sage advice "Stop saying the other team should like you, jackass. You will never win their vote."

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Please someone post the tweet that's some lib saying they'll "vote so loving hard" if XYZ happens.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah riots just like the last time liberals did something in the streets

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/1284857967863455746?lang=en

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Cursed Reza post

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

the whole reason dems announced the forgiveness plan 2 goddamn months ago and still haven't implemented it for anyone is that they're relying on this happening

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i restarted automatic payments like a month before the forgiveness was announced then paused them again the day the news dropped and now i get emails from navient or whatever the gently caress its called now every few days that i have payments past due lmao

give me my loving money brandon you ancient bitch

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

the bitcoin of weed posted:

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
that's a spicy bernie you got there :bernpop:

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
Just expand it to give $10k to every American. We all know this government and money stuff is fake anyways.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

they want it to get struck down

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the student loan forgiveness getting struck down was their ace in the hole for telling people to Vote! but the scotus is just going to wait until after the election to do it

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

the student loan forgiveness getting struck down was their ace in the hole for telling people to Vote! but the scotus is just going to wait until after the election to do it

pretty much they only need to wait like a week and a half

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HallelujahLee posted:

pretty much they only need to wait like a week and a half

https://twitter.com/stevenmazie/status/1582789542376919040

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

if they work that quick i guess but they only need to do like a temporary stop

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

the bitcoin of weed posted:

i restarted automatic payments like a month before the forgiveness was announced then paused them again the day the news dropped and now i get emails from navient or whatever the gently caress its called now every few days that i have payments past due lmao

Your navient loans are probably ffelp or whatever and not covered by the loan forgiveness.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah you may want to check buchanon joe screwed like 4-5 million people out of forgiveness after the last second.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really like the framing of "taxpayers" lol. Just poor concerned citizens

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

let's go brandon

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the riot was quelled, somebody told the rioters they still had a chance if they all went home and waited on hold for 20 hours

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

In Training posted:

I really like the framing of "taxpayers" lol. Just poor concerned citizens
well they have to have standing to take it to court

but luckily for them they pay taxes and that tax money is being spent on brown people

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

riots turn into a get out to vote rally for joe biden, who says student debt holders should have their kneecaps shot by cops

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the fact that dems are like "masks off, deploy the cpusa, burn that asset" is funny to me

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/MonmouthPoll/st...ingawful.com%2F

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Basically confirms the anger over Roe being overturned has either passed or is less than anger over everything else in life getting more expensive

Or that people see the Dems won't do poo poo about it even if they get the magic number they say they want, which lol this one's completely true. Still shocked it faded as quick as the anger over Sandy Hook (2-3 whole months)

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
If you don't vote for us you hate democracy is perfect messaging. I hope the Dems stick with it for all elections going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Basically confirms the anger over Roe being overturned has either passed or is less than anger over everything else in life getting more expensive

Or that people see the Dems won't do poo poo about it even if they get the magic number they say they want, which lol this one's completely true. Still shocked it faded as quick as the anger over Sandy Hook (2-3 whole months)

the economy getting worse and worse will always overtake any other anger

HallelujahLee has issued a correction as of 20:51 on Oct 20, 2022