Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Are there any predictions on when the next Sale is going on? My SO and I are at the end of ShB, but they don't want to buy EW until it goes on sale, so we're kind of in an indefinite holding pattern at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

latest it could be is in december. might go on sale in between but I wouldn't count on it, since it just came off of sale for the anniversary.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Server's dyin', Cloud. Is the equipment catching fire due to all the Sil'dih instances?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Dryzen posted:

They're ordered in the journal in the same left to right order of the doors

I lied they're out of order for some reason but still in groups at least lol

1-4 is left, 5-7 is right, 8-11 is middle, 12 is right again.

e: which kind of makes sense since 8-11 looks like the main path, but 12 is actually the true ending

Tamba fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 19, 2022

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

TheWorldsaStage posted:

I really love that (6.25) Nanamo ended up being the first leader we adventured with. Kan-E and Raubahn want to so bad as well it's so cute
Not totally accurate ! (EW role quests spoilers) You get to fight alongside some leaders in the role quests, but also in the role quests epilogue you get to raid on Garlean forces with Hien, Fourchenault, Nero, Raubahn, Merlyb and Kan E Senna, the first four staying for the boss fight

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

SL the Pyro posted:

Server's dyin', Cloud. Is the equipment catching fire due to all the Sil'dih instances?

Nah, it had something to do with the broader ISP networks.

quote:

During the time period below, there were communication failures on certain internet routes for upstream internet service providers.

The issues below may have occurred as a result of this, but service can now be used normally.

[Date & Time]
Oct. 18, 2022 11:26 p.m. to Oct. 19, 2022 12:36 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
Players may be experiencing the following issues:
- Disconnections from NA data center Worlds
- Difficulty logging in to NA data center Worlds
- Difficulty accessing and sending and receiving data from NA data centers

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I have a confusion about the middle Sil'dih path. It's not an ending path, just the left/right path where one side is blocked by rubble. Is there any way to control which side is blocked? I managed to get both sides to fill out my map, but I have no idea how, and the left side was blocked every time until my last run for the night.

Onean posted:

Nah, it had something to do with the broader ISP networks.

Bah, that might explain why my ISP went down for a couple minutes after a disconnect from XIV.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SL the Pyro posted:

I have a confusion about the middle Sil'dih path. It's not an ending path, just the left/right path where one side is blocked by rubble. Is there any way to control which side is blocked? I managed to get both sides to fill out my map, but I have no idea how, and the left side was blocked every time until my last run for the night.

No, that seems to be completely random. The left path also has a random split after the first boss.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
another sil'dihn is loving brutal jesus christ

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Has nobody even reached Savage? That's gonna be wild. I wonder if future Criterio dungeons will actually get to have World First races goven the difficulty.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I believe it was cleared last night.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
what's the title for clearing Savage rear end

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
Another Sil'dihn ISN'T savage?? good lord

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zeruel posted:

Another Sil'dihn is intended to be Extreme, I guess

cause there's rear end and rear end (Savage)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Countblanc posted:

<Infamy of Sil'dih>

Offkorn
Jan 16, 2008

Borderline Anti-Social Schizoid

Zeruel posted:

The savage version (apparently) has 0 revives, mobs respawn on wipe, and stuff gets stronger if you take too long to kill it.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Has nobody even reached Savage? That's gonna be wild. I wonder if future Criterio dungeons will actually get to have World First races goven the difficulty.

Nah, here’s the WF tweet
https://twitter.com/youkotsuki/status/1582446393133658113

Countblanc posted:

Infamy of Sil'dih
Kinda boring imo

RME fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 19, 2022

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

RME posted:

Nah, here’s the WF tweet
https://twitter.com/youkotsuki/status/1582446393133658113

Infamy of Sil'dih
Kinda boring imo

Seems like after it's dead is a little late to loving go. They already went.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
"let's gooo" Yes, let's go to school to talk about tenses.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The first variant run I did solo was pretty good, those bosses were surprisingly beefy. I almost feel bad, though, because I'm not sure any other route could possibly hold as great a reveal.

guess what you finally have to solve, motherfucker

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

RME posted:

Infamy of Sil'dih
Kinda boring imo

Yeah that's pretty lame, was really hoping for something to finally replace True Hero but bleh

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

I live in fear of that drat criterion chinchilla

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
You don't like the soap gerbil? :allears:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cleretic posted:

The first variant run I did solo was pretty good, those bosses were surprisingly beefy. I almost feel bad, though, because I'm not sure any other route could possibly hold as great a reveal.

guess what you finally have to solve, motherfucker

This puzzle is actually different than the other place it shows up! My knowledge of obscure lore came in handy here! :smug:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This puzzle is actually different than the other place it shows up! My knowledge of obscure lore came in handy here! :smug:

There's also visual hints as you go along if you don't know the lore behind which to use. They poured a lot of love into the Variant version. :3:

RME
Feb 20, 2012

lol just lol if you didn’t immediately slam the answer in from quarn and get told to get bent the first time you got there

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

Guilty 🤚

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'd never considered the reason behind the original puzzle so reading more about it in the logs was a fun experience.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

RME posted:

lol just lol if you didn’t immediately slam the answer in from quarn and get told to get bent the first time you got there

Guilty.

Wait gently caress this is Sil'dih noooooooooo

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I felt so smug for a second too

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The best part of my first run was getting flattened by a loving Raiders of the Lost Ark rolling stone because I didn't notice it coming in from the side. Well played, game.

Somebody else ran up and finished the symbols puzzle correctly before I could gently caress it up like a smug smarty pants. :(:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

My first run was basically not getting what the choices did besides the initial doors and feeling dumb.

Weirdly I got the 4th ending, despite the guide saying stepping into the white puffs goes into the third ending. Do you need to stand there more?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I will say, for the next one (coming in 6.45!), if you wanna try it by yourself or while waiting for friends and don't want randos running through with all the solutions in party matching, the scaling is done well enough that soloing doesn't feel like a chore. Take Ultimatum and Rampart - the former applies a four second stun to trash packs, and the latter you can pop before a boss fight and then treat like a defensive cooldown for every raidwide and tankbuster to keep you more than alive enough to not need Cure. Rampart in particular is pretty busted - not only is it a minute long defense bonus on a 15 second cooldown, but also comes with a short shield that most attacks won't break.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

My first run was basically not getting what the choices did besides the initial doors and feeling dumb.

Weirdly I got the 4th ending, despite the guide saying stepping into the white puffs goes into the third ending. Do you need to stand there more?

As far as I can tell you get endings in a set order for each wing. Left path always gets 4th then 3rd then second (then I assume first)

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Vitamean posted:

I will say, for the next one (coming in 6.45!), if you wanna try it by yourself or while waiting for friends and don't want randos running through with all the solutions in party matching, the scaling is done well enough that soloing doesn't feel like a chore. Take Ultimatum and Rampart - the former applies a four second stun to trash packs, and the latter you can pop before a boss fight and then treat like a defensive cooldown for every raidwide and tankbuster to keep you more than alive enough to not need Cure. Rampart in particular is pretty busted - not only is it a minute long defense bonus on a 15 second cooldown, but also comes with a short shield that most attacks won't break.

Great advice, but as a blm I can't seem to avoid Rampart/Cure

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Yeah I did my first run as solo SMN and I definitely needed both Rampart and Cure, and that’s with me also using my Carb’s shield basically on cooldown.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sil'dih is cool but having to do 24 runs to get enough potsherds for that rad Noir set (in addition to the three for /wow, which might as well be mandatory) seems excessive

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arist posted:

Sil'dih is cool but having to do 24 runs to get enough potsherds for that rad Noir set (in addition to the three for /wow, which might as well be mandatory) seems excessive
well that's twelve runs for the twelve journal entries, plus some reruns for the triple triad cards if you didn't get them the first 4 times per boss, plus some reruns to get the silkie pet from the random chests because it's adorbs

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I assume that for solo variant Warrior is the smooth sailing job. Though if it counts for tank achievements I should probably do it as Gunbreaker instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
^^^
The packs weren't anything special for the one path I tried. Also, variant rampart is really good....

Arist posted:

True, but at least you get some variety doing that, unlike grinding expert roulette which is all of 2 dungeons with like a 90-10 probability split...