Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Nahida wanters beware: fully uncapping her takes 168 kalpalata lotus, and there are only 66 spawns in the game world. Plus they spawn up on cliffs like violetgrass so you're unlikely to gather a ton while casually exploring if you don't specifically search them out. Realistically it'll take 4 full 2-3 day resets since you won't wanna go way out of your way to grab all the annoying spawns of 1 or 2 up a cliff nowhere near a teleporter. So best get started early!

they're really not that bad. you can pick 2-3 flowers per lotus spawn, and the spawns are themselves fairly grouped up, so each destination nets you 7-12 lotus. You can get about 50 of the 66 in a few minutes. But yes, you are unlikely to get them through normal gameplay, so farm them up early!!!

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah but my point is there is way too little of it in the game so even with the magical farming camera it'll take over a week of waiting for material resets.

I guess being unable to prefarm for recent characters has made me lax about this stuff. That and the desire to use the shiny new toy of her farming camera.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
They missed an opportunity with the scarabs to not have them behave like crabs

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
It's wild that Nilou and Nahida's materials are just sitting out in the open if you know where they are, but Cyno's are 'uh, I think there were a couple around here'?

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I'm more worried about farming up the fungal spores for Nahida. She needs as many as Tighnari, and I pretty much cleaned out my stock when I built him up.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Maxwell Adams posted:

I'm more worried about farming up the fungal spores for Nahida. She needs as many as Tighnari, and I pretty much cleaned out my stock when I built him up.

at least you can keep killing the fungi everyday and not once every other day like the plants; and there are a LOT of them around Sumeru

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

the real secret to dealing with the raiden boss split attack is bringing yae miko and letting her totems kill all of them

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
In other news, apparently Xiao now promotes witchcraft or something? I don’t get what gets folks riled up these days…

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna52715

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

I've been trying to build them up by setting my dailies to Sumeru, but the region unfortunately seems to be overwhelmingly full of those cursed commissions where you don't get drops from the mobs because you activate something to spawn them, because gently caress you.

mikemil828 posted:

In other news, apparently Xiao now promotes witchcraft or something? I don’t get what gets folks riled up these days…

Xiao does suck tbf. I'm upset when I see him too.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 19, 2022

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

mikemil828 posted:

It's Michigan

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Clarste posted:

It'll take a while to farm up all the boss drops you need for her ascension anyway (since the Dendro Hypostasis isn't available yet) so I'm not too worried.

Also it'll only take 165 because the new character trial always gives you 3.

fragiles let you do that quickly, but world specialties don't...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
he literally wears a demon mask, it's easy to see why insane stupid relgious people would get mad at that considering they don't even want their kids to wear pointy wizard hats on halloween

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Having done the Golden Slumber quest and unlocked the slate and everything, I really feel this picture now. Scarabs are insanely rare.

I'm glad I didn't end up going for Cyno instead of Nahida, I'd be so bummed out trying to get his materials.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Man, hyperbloom teams just shred every single hypostasis, and pretty much every boss for that matter (minus bs like the wolflord). I've even been using it for weekly Shogun. Actually, this is the first comp I've played where there's pretty much no mob in the game I'm afraid to take on. Even the holy trinity of XQ/Yelan/Fischl struggles with Geo slimes. I suppose the lack of Dendro-immune enemies is part of that, but even when they add more of those, I feel like there's enough of a spread of elemental types that they won't be an issue.

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Oct 19, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
how does hyperbloom even work against non/hydro hypostases, I thought their auras were permanent

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

mikemil828 posted:

This does a better job of making Xiao cool than anything in game.

ReVerve
Jul 13, 2001

Select and make your first pick.

Biscuit Hider

mikemil828 posted:

Those parents are right, the mural should be depicting children with bullet wounds and the message should be 'Good Luck staying Healthy'. Maybe work in some poor children being denied access to healthcare, etc....

The welcoming good vibes just don't fit with american midwest reality.

Mang Tomas
Jan 9, 2007
It’s been almost a week so how does Nilou perform in general (overworld, bosses and abyss)especially if you can’t get Nahida but got Kokomi?
I’m interested cause she’s unique in her gameplay but seeing all that hp dropping cause of friendly bloom damage sounds like it’ll get annoying.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Overworld is annoying because the two common dendro users (Collei/DMC) suck poo poo at hitting anything that's not flat terrain with their skill.

The bloom damage is only a problem if you literally stand still and don't keep moving.

Her teams are simple to build, but it requires fishing for EM mainstats which lol was the bane of everyone for Kazuha and now you gotta do it 2-3 times again.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

how does hyperbloom even work against non/hydro hypostases, I thought their auras were permanent

Anemo, Geo, and Cryo don't interact at all with Dendro, so for those it's basically like any element vs Geo. Hydro is a free aura to always get cores. Electro is interesting, because quicken is a separate aura that can stick on perma-Electro enemies and reacts like Dendro. Pyro is the only one that doesn't allow bloom, but you're already running a weakness by virtue of having Hydro (and Cryo if you're cool).

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Not a Nilou haver but if you have Kokomi then the self bloom damage shouldn't be an issue. And yes, the two pair very nicely together from what I've seen.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

ReVerve posted:

Those parents are right, the mural should be depicting children with bullet wounds and the message should be 'Good Luck staying Healthy'. Maybe work in some poor children being denied access to healthcare, etc....

The welcoming good vibes just don't fit with american midwest reality.

How many fedoras were you wearing when you typed this?

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
just one, but it was R5

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
I rolled several new characters in close succession and stupidly fell into the trap of trying to build them all out at once.

I don’t really care all that much about how good they are in a team comp (since I have national to fall back on and I’m still only AR43) so which of the following should I focus on?

Beidou c1 (hoping I get c2 with the rank up)
Fischl c0
Kuki Shinobu c2
Sara c0

That’s roughly the order I was thinking but there’s no guarantee I get Beidou’s c2 which seems important. Just pulled Fischl yesterday and thought she’d be a good option to build out for that drat Oceanid boss, but she seems kinda bad without at least c1.

I also half-built Kuki about a week ago for a dendro team, but put her on hold since I apparently can’t access any of the Sumeru quests for DMC’s constellations until I wrap up Inazuma.

Also fwiw I still don’t have any main dps characters so maybe something weird like phys dps Fischl is worth considering?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Speaking of Xiao, is it just me or is Cyno just Xiao, again. Like, personality-wise, as a character archetype.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Xiao doesn't have an endearing love of children's card games and bad jokes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Clarste posted:

Speaking of Xiao, is it just me or is Cyno just Xiao, again. Like, personality-wise, as a character archetype.

I haven't done his story quest, only the Dendro Archon part, so I'm missing more of him but I don't think so? He doesn't seem to desire isolation because he'll destroy anyone who exists near him as a consequence of Karma, but he does seem devoted to his job. I'm not great at describing personalities but I feel like comparing him to Rosaria is more accurate because of that.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Clarste posted:

I missed most of the stuff with Xiao, so like he popped up once during the archon quest, and again in the chasm as if we'd seen him a bunch and he was our buddy who constantly saved our bacon. He seemed to have some decent growth and resolution at the end of that. So it'll suck if I see him pop up in quests out of order and he's just brooding

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Xiao literally is dying mentally because of the karma system

Cyno is just more like a diluc.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Beidou is a character you probably don't wanna use unless you have a built up Fischl too, especially without good ER artifacts, since Bei becomes like 1/5th of a character when she doesn't have enough energy to burst. Meanwhile Fish is just always at top performance. The only cons that matter for her are C0 and C6 basically... Fischl c1 is pretty irrelevant unless you really want to do the phys Fischl gimmick team, in which case it becomes kinda good?

You said you have the national team, so if I wanted a strong on-field character I'd just build up Benny and abuse his 2s skill cooldown to pump out damage. But if Fischl pewpew playstyle looks fun to you then going for that is fine. I personally hate bow normal-attack spamming though, with its low impact and bad auto aim.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Failed the 50/50 on Nilou for a c4 Mona so uhh, guess at least I have the guaranteed Nahida.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mikemil828 posted:

My mom used to teach first grade before she retired, and she would frequently encounter parents who raged out about things like Halloween or Harry Potter being demonic.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Clarste posted:

don't be dumb, he loves to play yugioh, totally different

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Like they're both serious, soft-spoken, and kind of intense but if that's enough to call someone identical then like everyone in this game is identical to someone or another.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Also short loners.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Leathal posted:

Also fwiw I still don’t have any main dps characters so maybe something weird like phys dps Fischl is worth considering?

You have Beidou and I’ve run her as an on-field dps electrocharge driver a lot, because she’s fun to play and is generally cool. Her attack string isn’t perfectly ideal for being a driver but honestly doesn’t feel substantially worse than my Ayaka/Ganyu freeze or Keqing aggravate setups. Super survivable, amazing damage against 2+ targets, and fine against single enemies. Typically go Beidou/XQ/Fischl/an Anemo healer. Hydro healer would be fine too.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Hellioning posted:

Like they're both serious, soft-spoken, and kind of intense but if that's enough to call someone identical then like everyone in this game is identical to someone or another.

I assume the similar skill and burst design is doing quite a bit of lifting here too.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

haypliss posted:

I assume the similar skill and burst design is doing quite a bit of lifting here too.

But they're not similar mechanically? Xiao's gimmick is self harm with better stats as their HP goes down, isn't it? I'd compare him gmeplay wise more with Hu Tao even though he gains def stat and juggles energy recharge for HP vs her damage for HP.
Whereas Cyno is just an electric hypercarry who wants a ton of field time

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Literally hand given razor compsrison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Coolness Averted posted:

But they're not similar mechanically? Xiao's gimmick is self harm with better stats as their HP goes down, isn't it? I'd compare him gmeplay wise more with Hu Tao even though he gains def stat and juggles energy recharge for HP vs her damage for HP.
Whereas Cyno is just an electric hypercarry who wants a ton of field time

xiao doesn't actually get any benefits from taking damage or being lower hp, unless you use the xiao artifact set that was released way after him.
the hp drain is just an additional cost on his burst to force you to run a healer and not only zhongli

mostly he's just a non-reaction-based hypercarry who presses Q and then does his unga bunga combo for the next X seconds before his burst ends to pump out damage without thinking too hard about teammates. if anything he's closest to Itto.