Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I haven't played Dead Space, but even with the Legendary edition changes, Mass Effect 1 still felt pretty dated when I replayed it. 2 and 3 hold up better, but they're definitely still mid-2000s games.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ME1 felt dated when it came out

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Anyone play that Potionomics on Steam?
looks neat.

edit: nevermind it has the Deckbuilding tag.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If anyone needs a deck built, hmu

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yesterday I restarted elden ring, it still holds up all these months later...

Idk what it is about my gamerbrain but it refuses to skip stuff, like I can't sprint past a dungeon entrance and not do the dungeon even if I know there's ultimately nothing for my build in there

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Youtube page for the Silent Hill thing is up and they already let one thing slip in the description, though they've removed it.

Silent Hill 2 remake real.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

The Youtube page for the Silent Hill thing is up and they already let one thing slip in the description, though they've removed it.

Silent Hill 2 remake real.

We're getting Blooper SH2 remake, a No Code episodic entry, with Ito working on the next mainline!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
completely pointless, just give us a working port for god’s sake

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Do people actually like Bloober Team's games? Because they seem to be doing fairly well for themselves.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oxxidation posted:

completely pointless, just give us a working port for god’s sake

On one hand, yeah very true, on the other

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1582487064297472000?t=V25HdquPKkBp4omZYNF3hQ&s=19

Graphic Fidelity

Harrow posted:

Do people actually like Bloober Team's games? Because they seem to be doing fairly well for themselves.

Outside of here and Twitter I don't usually hear any scathing opinions

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Like many things this forum hates they do pretty well with people that don't post here

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

My only knowledge of Bloober is that clip of the baby running into a wall.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the medium was abhorrent

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I didn't think The Medium was very good but I don't think they're exactly high archvillains of the video game world, either.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Lol the sequel to Layers of Fear 2 is gonna be called Layers of Fears

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
What did Bloober do besides release a mediocre game (allegedly, I haven't played it)? Whenever their name comes up everyone acts like they did something horrible but I can't find anything online.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I heard the Blair Witch one was ok

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Volte posted:

What did Bloober do besides release a mediocre game (allegedly, I haven't played it)? Whenever their name comes up everyone acts like they did something horrible but I can't find anything online.

If I recall, some weird logical reaches of a guy being a victim of the nazis and turning into a pedophile. The ending is also just really...ugh depressing :(. It wasn't great to be sure, but Bloober is a huge team who just needs(needed?) a new showrunner. Their artists are talented as hell.

Blair Witch wasn't what I would call bad at all (huge Blair Witch fan here, so take that as a bias) but the mental illness link for the main character also rubbed some people the wrong way, which I get.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 19, 2022

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Volte posted:

Releasing a mediocre game is one of the biggest crimes imaginable? ?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Jay Rust posted:

Releasing a mediocre game is one of the biggest crimes imaginable? ?

This

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Uncharted 4 is out now on PC, but they removed the multiplayer I think? I really liked the competitive and co-op multi.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

they also 'pay homage' to stuff by flat out yoinking it instead of using it in any creative way

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Found a tweet thread covering The Medium, and uh yeah, it sounds really gross. Trigger warnings for molestation, rape, murder, the holocaust and suicide.
https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1356295962524835840?t=H2OIk0VDs3vRRu-kxs1Nyw&s=19

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 19, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Metadata for the Silent Hill youtube stream has leaked, yeah they're showing everything they have today, gently caress yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Metadata for the Silent Hill youtube stream has leaked, yeah they're showing everything they have today, gently caress yes

It's not a mobile game right? Is it bad that is the first thing my mind jumps too since this is Konami?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I would have thought pachinko first tbh

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I said come in! posted:

It's not a mobile game right? Is it bad that is the first thing my mind jumps too since this is Konami?

Titles have leaked. Silent Hill 2,Transmission, Ascension and "f", so this lines up with everything, doesn't appear to be nasty "diablo mobile reveal" levels of surprises

E: Transmission absolutely has to be Sakura/SMS, the teaser game which is not mobile afaik but again not 100%. Steam is in the meta data with these titles

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 19, 2022

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

PunkBoy posted:

Found a tweet thread covering The Medium, and uh yeah, it sounds really gross. Trigger warnings for molestation, rape, murder, the holocaust and suicide.
https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1356295962524835840?t=H2OIk0VDs3vRRu-kxs1Nyw&s=19

The Medium itself is kind of disgusting, because the message it ends up sending is that "Trauma victims will always inflict trauma on other people so you might as well kill yourself." which doesn't exactly inspire confidence when dealing with the themes and characters of Silent Hill 2.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

NEO TWEWY is out on Steam now

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
bloober team has cargo-culted their entire catalog and seldom given the impression they really understand what they’re making beyond the parts they steal from someone else

so it’s aggravating that they’ve somehow taken up most of the oxygen in AA horror

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I liked ntwewy a lot I really should finish it

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

NEO TWEWY is out on Steam now

Oh poo poo! That's a buy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Transmission sounds like a zombie outbreak game

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think Transmission is just their name for the video presentation.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

I think Transmission is just their name for the video presentation.

Oh duh, you're absolutely right!

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

PunkBoy posted:

https://twitter.com/bobvids/status/1356295977628561410
Sounds like a pretty grim story but calling either of these interpretations "charitable" is disingenuous at best. I can't speak to the specific handling of some of the topics in the game, but nothing in the premise, action, or conclusion as described in the thread supports the assertion that guy is making to me. You could probably conjure up a similar tweet thread about Twin Peaks, one of my favourite pieces of media ever (the David Lynch parts of it at least), which is also a deeply upsetting story about sexual abuse, tragedy begetting tragedy, a literal and figurative monster created through that tragedy, and a complete failure to save anyone.

I mean, I fully believe the game is bad and the themes don't land, but I'm also not prepared to write the whole team off as disgusting misanthropes because of it, especially if there are other writers and directors involved.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

anyone call them pooper team yet

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Srice posted:

anyone call them pooper team yet

i've got a busy schedule, but it's on the docket when i have the time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think saying that Medium's themes don't land is totally fair. The Twin Peaks example is good, because like what was pointed out, it has similar themes and yet it works really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
six days