Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Len posted:

I'm in Jacksonville on a work trip for ten days and my partner is back home in Ohio. Are there any <=$15 coop games that are recommended? She likes chill laid back games and we both have Stardew and Animal Crossing but I'm hoping for something a little more involved than those two

I was gonna say snipperclips but apparently that's local coop only. If it can wait until after 4 Nov, it takes two has online coop (I think), and also you can both play off just one copy of the game.

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like ogre battle

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

At this point just have Chris Pratt rerecord for Bayonetta

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
The new ninja turtles game is coop. It's a throwback to the old arcade days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The new Star Trek game is also co-op. Things me of a licensed GameCube game, but a decent one

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
star dreck

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Super-NintendoUser posted:

The new ninja turtles game is coop. It's a throwback to the old arcade days.

And if you manage to get in a full six player online game it makes you feel like a kid at that arcade again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

John Wick of Dogs posted:

:imunfunny:

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I grew up in the back of a laundry mat stomping........

Devil Trigers.

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
So, I got the Nippon Ichi Collection volume 3, and there's something bothering me. In La Pucelle Ragnarok, did they change how Holy spells are learnt? I piled up 3 Holy Staffs on Cullotte and Alouette alternatively, but so far, no dice on holy magic. Did they possibly outright remove it? I swear it worked just like the other magics in LPT.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Does anyone know the trick to get a Switch to connect to hotel wifi? My phone and iPad just loaded the log in screen fine but this thing is just hanging on a white screen

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

I've never had an issue at hotels, usually it loads up the sign in page like my other devices :/ fingers crossed for you

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Len posted:

Does anyone know the trick to get a Switch to connect to hotel wifi? My phone and iPad just loaded the log in screen fine but this thing is just hanging on a white screen

My local library does this and for Video Game Club my son’s switch sat there for literally like 3 minutes trying to connect until it basically time out and then finally popped up “this wifi needs a confirmation screen” or something and showed the screen. Try just giving it a few min.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Len posted:

You could tether to your phone.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

nitsuga posted:

You could tether to your phone.

Does that use the wifi? I don't have the mobile data for it to use my data plan

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Len posted:

Does that use the wifi? I don't have the mobile data for it to use my data plan

If your phone is connected to WiFi and you turn it into a hotspot and connect to that with your switch yes it will use whatever is the primary data connection on your phone at the time, which will be the WiFi

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I can't speak categorically, but every time I've used phone tethering, with at least two different phones, it's always turned off the wifi on the phone, you're absolutely using mobile data if you're tethering.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

On iPhone it uses your mobile data

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Commander Keene posted:

I can't speak categorically, but every time I've used phone tethering, with at least two different phones, it's always turned off the wifi on the phone, you're absolutely using mobile data if you're tethering.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it 'takes over' your WiFi signal, for lack of a better term, to be used as the hotspot while your data connection is needed for the actual connection to the internet.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Gameplay wouldn't use a ton of data but downloading the games would, if you're worried about your allowance.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Riven posted:

My local library does this and for Video Game Club my son’s switch sat there for literally like 3 minutes trying to connect until it basically time out and then finally popped up “this wifi needs a confirmation screen” or something and showed the screen. Try just giving it a few min.

It hovers on this screen for 20 to 30 minutes before dumping me back to the connection list

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Len posted:

Found this, might help:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/bf4vsy/nintendo_switch_and_hotel_wifi_web_login/

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

I don't have a laptop for part 1 (according to IT there was a "laptop shortage") and am bad at computers, can I do that with an android phone or an iPad?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Mischief Makers!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: sorry you said “likely” lol

:negative: still one of my favorite platformers of all time

Justice for Ultimate Intergalactic Cybot G Marina imo

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Len posted:

I don't have a laptop for part 1 (according to IT there was a "laptop shortage") and am bad at computers, can I do that with an android phone or an iPad?
I found the IP address of my phone (a Samsung Galaxy A51) easily enough, it's under the WiFi settings for the network you're on. The problem is you also need the port number that you're connecting to on the router, and I'm not sure you can find that on an Android phone without installing an app for the purpose or having direct access to the router. The latter sounds non-feasible on a hotel WiFi, the former may not be within your skill level or comfort zone (considering you yourself say that you're "bad at computers").

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Commander Keene posted:

I found the IP address of my phone (a Samsung Galaxy A51) easily enough, it's under the WiFi settings for the network you're on. The problem is you also need the port number that you're connecting to on the router, and I'm not sure you can find that on an Android phone without installing an app for the purpose or having direct access to the router. The latter sounds non-feasible on a hotel WiFi, the former may not be within your skill level or comfort zone (considering you yourself say that you're "bad at computers").

I can follow directions easy enough but networking isn't something I'm super familiar with, it does border on a type of dark magic after all

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Commander Keene posted:

I just tested it with my phone connected to my house wifi and turned off all mobile data usage, used it as a hotspot, connected my tablet to it and then used that to browse the Internet no problem.

If Len is planning to play games with it then yeah I’m sure the connection would be poo poo but if he just needs to download an update or something I guess it would work

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

I’ve used it to play Tetris 99 while camping and it was fine. Last hotel stay didn’t lend itself to playing Switch much, but it served its purpose there as well. Maybe Smash wouldn’t be so great, but I just plain suck at games too much for that.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

MechaX posted:

At the very least, the current Bayonetta would say that trans rights are human rights instead of… this…

https://imgur.com/8pDZhwL

lmao, completely forgot about that generic TERF-that-doesn't-want-to-risk-it-all-yet answer.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Healbot posted:

lmao, completely forgot about that generic TERF-that-doesn't-want-to-risk-it-all-yet answer.

Oy, this isn't good. Just... just say trans rights. poo poo like that shouldn't even BE political. :negative:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Butterfly Valley posted:

I just tested it with my phone connected to my house wifi and turned off all mobile data usage, used it as a hotspot, connected my tablet to it and then used that to browse the Internet no problem.

If Len is planning to play games with it then yeah I’m sure the connection would be poo poo but if he just needs to download an update or something I guess it would work

I tried to do a round of Splatoon this morning and wasn't able to successfully join a game doing this

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
this is all a good reminder to me to update my switch before i go on my first holiday since covid next week!

regardless, I'm only planning on playing Bayonetta 2 lol

GauchoNaut2085
Oct 23, 2010
Speaking of troubleshooting, has anyone else had an issue where the GameCube adapter stops working randomly? My pro controller still charges but my GameCube controller won't even register so I assume it is not a physical issue with the dock but I don't know any better.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oy, this isn't good. Just... just say trans rights. poo poo like that shouldn't even BE political. :negative:

Yeah whenever I start to see people come up with increasingly popular lingo or acronyms for something that we can already easily describe... I don't know man. Feels like going down the same hole of othering humans?

I've definitely participated in stuff like that before. Don't get me wrong, But lately it's been giving me more pause as I hear people use increasingly loaded terms to describe basic interactions with like the opposite sex etc.

I'm sure my take is missing a lot of nuance. But hey it's the switch thread, I'll go back to talking about games now.

Neon White with gyro aiming continues to own. Those micro tweaks as I'm rushing through a stage just feel so good. Did most of you all already beat it? I'm really behind on my backlog and never got through this one but I fired it back up again last night

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Neon White is not my favorite game of the year but it is my favorite unexpected hit. Game loving owns

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

KingSlime posted:

Yeah whenever I start to see people come up with increasingly popular lingo or acronyms for something that we can already easily describe... I don't know man. Feels like going down the same hole of othering humans?

I've definitely participated in stuff like that before. Don't get me wrong, But lately it's been giving me more pause as I hear people use increasingly loaded terms to describe basic interactions with like the opposite sex etc.

I'm sure my take is missing a lot of nuance. But hey it's the switch thread, I'll go back to talking about games now.

Neon White with gyro aiming continues to own. Those micro tweaks as I'm rushing through a stage just feel so good. Did most of you all already beat it? I'm really behind on my backlog and never got through this one but I fired it back up again last night

why are all your posts incredibly weird OP

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
In this essay I will explain why I take great care to never be in the same room alone with a female

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

ImpAtom posted:

Neon White is not my favorite game of the year but it is my favorite unexpected hit. Game loving owns

Part of me is dying to see what a VR version would be like but I'm pretty sure it ends up with me vomiting all over my living room.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Len posted:

It hovers on this screen for 20 to 30 minutes before dumping me back to the connection list
So that looks to me like the Switch browser is open to the captive portal page, but the page won't render either because the page is poorly written, or the Switch browser is poorly implemented, or (probably) both.

If you have a laptop or something that allows for it, you could MAC spoof your Switch to get past the captive portal. Personally I'd probably just put it on hotspot. Hotel WiFi is usually awful and as long as you're not downloading game updates the hotspot is probably good enough (assuming you have hotspot on your phone plan and you don't have a silly small data quota, etc., etc.).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

gently caress there's so many games I don't have and want to get. I think I may have broken my second SV addiction. Or at least I'm weaning off of it thanks to Triangle Strategy's Golden Route, which once finished means I can put that down. Splatoon 3 obviously monopolizes a lot of time, but I can play that and something else.

I definitely need to knock out some smaller indie titles between TS and Metroid Dread this Christmas. If I had to choose between Tunic, Sifu, Neon White, and Omori, what would you suggest (disregarding sales)? I know they are wildly different games, but I mainly looking for something short and enticing. I also really want Dorfromantik but I'm not quite sure how to categorize that/when to get that. I may wait for a sale.