Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Kalli posted:

oh god, I just burst out laughing reading that.

Awh jeez, what Dr. Oz knockoff they got consulting with Tua?

Well, he didn’t say he learned it from doctors. Maybe he’s like Aaron and prefers to do his own research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bob Socko posted:

Tariq Woolen rules.

Also, this tweet made me realize I have no idea what Marcus Mariota looks like.

He's aged a bit in the last few years which is understandable.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MD2020 posted:

I know that it's been a couple years now, but I still find it weird when an all-NFC game is on CBS and vise versa

to people of a certain age all-nfc games on cbs is normal

also i heard starting next year cbs and fox will both be completely conference fluid with the new tv deal

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Also, *insert ethnic group* can't really get COVID.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Vertical Lime posted:

also i heard starting next year cbs and fox will both be completely conference fluid with the new tv deal

The woke mob has gone too far this time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Vikings @ Falcons on MY CBS?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Vertical Lime posted:

to people of a certain age all-nfc games on cbs is normal

Ugh, I hope not. Love my AFC fandom privilege to have the better crews.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Ugh, I hope not. Love my AFC fandom privilege to have the better crews.

We don't even get to inflict Dan Dierdorf on the Panthers-Commanders matchup for the privilege !

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

Vikings @ Falcons on MY CBS?

On a positive note you'll get to see your boy when the Bucs and Rams play on CBS in the game of the week in a few weeks.

I bet CBS really thought were getting something with that game and well yeah.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Tua is right, and he is good, and he will win us a gently caress load of super bowls. god belss Tua

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
We get Tony Romo

You get Matt Millen

Deal

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Wait there are people out there who actually prefer CBS broadcasts? Outside of Romo and Nantz I find it all literally unwatchable. It's all old cranks and ads for shows aimed at old people, broken up by very loud horns. I realize all of that describes Fox broadcasts too, but CBS seems like all of the annoying things about Fox broadcasts but uglier and without the generally competent commentary and graphics. I guess I must associate CBS broadcasts with games I don't really care about as a fan of an NFC team, or something, because I had never even considered that this could be a preference.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I like miamis CBS games. Fox broadcast sucks to me for some reason

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Wait there are people out there who actually prefer CBS broadcasts? Outside of Romo and Nantz I find it all literally unwatchable. It's all old cranks and ads for shows aimed at old people, broken up by very loud horns. I realize all of that describes Fox broadcasts too, but CBS seems like all of the annoying things about Fox broadcasts but uglier and without the generally competent commentary and graphics. I guess I must associate CBS broadcasts with games I don't really care about as a fan of an NFC team, or something, because I had never even considered that this could be a preference.

Won't stand for this Kevin Harlan slander

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I much prefer FOX to CBS. It must just be one of those thing where what you frequently watch you prefer.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

wandler20 posted:

I much prefer FOX to CBS. It must just be one of those thing where what you frequently watch you prefer.

I guess it must be this yeah. My brain is not sufficiently desensitized to Bill Cowher's weird mouth so I react against it instinctively

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
CBS has Kevin Harlan too who I enjoy.

I love that Romo has called two Allen Hurdle games. The first one was so random Buffalo vs. Minnesota.

Minnesota was favored by like 2 TDs but somehow they gave Romo that game and it's one of my favorite Bills games.

pasaluki fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Oct 19, 2022

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I must not pay attention because I think all the broadcasts suck unless there is a notable broadcaster like Romo or Harlan, and i have no idea who either work for. Equal opportunity channel hater here I guess.

edit: \/\/\/\/ Bradshaw is unwatchable garbage that can barely talk, I just turn the TV off if I'm not watching the game on my computer.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bradshaw is something to behold, thats for sure

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I hear cbs and immediately think of listening to phil simms deteriorate in real time.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

pasaluki posted:

CBS has Kevin Harlan too who I enjoy.

I love that Romo has called two Allen Hurdle games. The first one was so random Buffalo vs. Minnesota.

Minnesota was favored by like 2 TDs but somehow they gave Romo that game and it's one of my favorite Bills games.

This game scarred me. The Vikings had serious super bowl aspirations that year, and it was the first time I really noticed their tendency to play down to bad teams under Zimmer (they're still doing it though).

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I appreciate NFL games on CBS so I can keep up to date on all the latest NCIS spinoffs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ian Eagle is the best play-by-play guy in the game. Kevin Harlan is a close second. Romo has brought the best out of Nantz. Even the CBS D-teams with Andrew Catalon or Spero Dedes are pretty good. Gumbel's the only miss but he's pretty inoffensive.

FOX is like totally anonymous now except for Mark Schlereth who single handedly loving ruins the broadcast. Aural rat poison.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Stay tuned after the game for sixty minutes, followed by a new episode of CSI: Ft Wayne

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
When I was younger I liked Fox's pregame better. But the ads for other Fox Channels/shows drive me up a wall at this point. I dont need an ad for the Sharon Osbourne tell all about how she was cancelled for no good reason EVERY commercial break.

The CBS pregame seems calmer.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I pretty much just mute all broadcasts because I can't stand ads and it's not worth constantly muting and unmuting and also when my team is playing non-homer announcers just make me more anxious. Only need the announcer when the refs are making an especially confusing/bad call

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i've watched enough low-level college football games with g-tier announce teams to even blink at any NFL broadcast

could you imagine Petros Papadakis calling an NFL game

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
TNF strikes again!

https://twitter.com/ErinESummers/status/1582805193355579393?s=20&t=MpTC9UtrscFGym7b0lBT4A

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Worst part is Dennis Allen is gonna get an injury mulligan for this season when, by all accounts, the team is much worse this year than last.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Still only one game out of first place in the NFC South!

Nov 6, 2002

I always thought it was a weird assumption made by most of the national sports media before the season began that you could just replace a top five coach with Dennis Allen and everything would keep chugging along.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
CBS has consistently better picture quality than FOX, I wish I was watching mostly CBS. The FOX D-game of the week looks like it's being produced on a truck still doing "fox widescreen EDTV" from 2004. And my team is now the D-game again.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I always thought it was a weird assumption made by most of the national sports media before the season began that you could just replace a top five coach with Todd Bowles and everything would keep chugging along.

Well that makes much more sense now that you mention it.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrvELlakyOk&t=228s
How does he talk about it so seriously for so long?

Nov 6, 2002

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrvELlakyOk&t=228s
How does he talk about it so seriously for so long?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGmZAPsILQ

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I always thought it was a weird assumption made by most of the national sports media before the season began that you could just replace a top five coach with Dennis Allen and everything would keep chugging along.

Did anyone actually assume this? SI had them at 17th in their preseason power rankings at ESPN had them at 20th.

I’d say the assumption that the Bucs going from Arians to Bowles wouldn’t matter was the more egregious one.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Oct 19, 2022

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

I just don't really get it. As a Ravens fan for 22 years now I've seen my share of rotten offenses and what we have right now isn't one of them even though it is inconsistent. I mean if we're putting up under 200 yards of offense per game then yeah I can see why we'd make a desperate WR signing. Like those 2002-2004 Ravens whose best WR was Travis Taylor. Yeah I can see why you'd be desperate for it.

People overreact. We were on the verge of running out the clock when an illegal formation penalty took away a first down and set in motion the series of self-inflicted disasters. But say that first down counted and we did run out the clock in a few more plays like it looked like might happen. We're not acting all desperate then. We're not going like "oh god this offense sucks". We're saying poo poo like "Lamar and the running game locks down victory over 4-1 team on the road".

That stat about the Ravens being one of only 40 teams in NFL history to have had 10 point leads in each of their first 6 games and have the worst record of all those teams is telling. That shows that this is an unusual situation. But there is a silver lining, and that is that we've had these 10 point leads in the first place! A couple years ago that was the thing: The Ravens have to build a lead to win. And if they don't do that they're in trouble. Well we're building the leads now! And that's supposed to be the hard part. But we're just not following through.

On offense, mainly what we need to do is just improve the red zone playcalling and be more disciplined and not get so many dumb penalties. The line is looking solid with Stanley back--we are maybe getting one of the best case scenarios out of that situation. We are moving the ball. All the ingredients are there to get close to 2019 type production we just need to make some fine adjustments. I don't see how an almost-36 year old receiver known for downfield threats gets us there and it reeks of completely unnecessary desperation.

That said--I don't think it will really *hurt* us. But if it shows the team thinks we just need a downfield scoring threat maybe it's a sign they aren't looking in the right direction for solutions.

its a practice squad signing. i dont think it really makes much sense, but you would be remiss to give a poo poo

Nov 6, 2002

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Did anyone actually assume this? SI had them at 17th in their preseason power rankings at ESPN had them at 20th.

I guess I heard it in the podcasts I listened to. Overwhelming sentiment was that the Saints defense was going to be elite, possibly the best in the league, and while the offense was the wildcard it had the potential to be good if Thomas was healthy (lol).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I never saw this before, lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Borsche69 posted:

its a practice squad signing. i dont think it really makes much sense, but you would be remiss to give a poo poo

The expectation is to add him to the main roster. Again I said it won't hurt us but I don't get what it's trying to achieve and sort of makes me wonder why we would even do it to begin with.

I don't think there's any player on the roster I would let go for him.