Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I had an interview yesterday, I have nine more scheduled, and I'm actively pursuing jobs elsewhere.

I have done all I can for this place and I deserve benefits and a real wage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

Edward Fingerhands posted:

I had an interview yesterday, I have nine more scheduled, and I'm actively pursuing jobs elsewhere.

Absolutely! Best of luck!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Escape From Noise posted:

Absolutely! Best of luck!

Thank you! I'm keeping my ears to the ground for you, too. My buddy in Oki is gonna be in town again nearby you, I need to ping him and see what's up. I think y'all would get along like a house on fire.

xcheopis

Thank you! I'm keeping my ears to the ground for you, too. My buddy in Oki is gonna be in town again nearby you, I need to ping him and see what's up. I think y'all would get along like a house on fire.

Flames, screaming, people scrambling for safety?

Escape From Noise

Thanks but despite my complaints I'm good for now. This job is pretty low stress overall. Getting out of town and clearing my head with that hike helped a lot. I can't control the restaurant side other than cleaning the lines sometimes. I can't control how outside sales go all that much. Overall things are pretty low maintenance and I'm getting more and more control over my production schedule and what I'm brewing.

I have been talking to a friend who's a head brewer in Shiga who's contract brewing for that clown in Wakayama. His stories of their interactions are cracking me up.

Dukes Mayo Clinic

hell yes, get yours.

Escape From Noise

Just found out the head chef ate all the treats I brought back as a souvenir for everyone because the part timers "don't work hard enough to deserve any". And this loving child makes fun of me for being a fatass with no self control.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Just found out the head chef ate all the treats I brought back as a souvenir for everyone because the part timers "don't work hard enough to deserve any". And this loving child makes fun of me for being a fatass with no self control.

Go to the loving boss and get his rear end out of there. gently caress him. "Head chef" of a loving brewpub. Christ.

Escape From Noise

I said all, but it was half. He ate a dozen. Not that that's really any better. Yeah. I don't know if he calls himself that. I don't know. I'm sick of the limited interactions I have with this clown. Just sucks that the rest of the job is pretty good but I have this rear end in a top hat and the bumbling restaurant manager making things really frustrating. I don't know if they can fire him. Firing people in Japan is difficult and I think they feel they need him. I'm definitely never getting anything for him again.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Good, gently caress him. He's a shithead.

Escape From Noise

Good, gently caress him. He's a shithead.

Oh yeah. Absolutely. It just sucks that I now have to give everything out individually because I work with a manchild. The college kids actually shared and thanked me (not that I need to be thanked, but it's nice). He just shoved HALF A DOZEN CAKES in his gaping maw and didn't say poo poo. Even when confronted. But yeah. They're the immature ones.

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 20, 2022

Escape From Noise

Lol. Imagine getting mad at part timers for "not working hard enough". Buddy, they don't get paid enough to give that much of a poo poo.

xcheopis

We had our quarterly staff safety and security meeting and it was kinda nice that the program director gave me a shout-out for diligently updating staff on which areas might be "hot spots" during the summer 2020 police violence. Because of that, they have been able to come up with a better process should that ever happen again. Yay???

xcheopis

Lol. Imagine getting mad at part timers for "not working hard enough". Buddy, they don't get paid enough to give that much of a poo poo.

Bet he didn't work hard in college.

xcheopis

I would like this job, please
https://twitter.com/____B_S____/status/1582855934468009984

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

xcheopis

Work was very stupid yesterday, as one of our contractors has had to be practically physically beaten to turn in their (contractually required) data, which must then be rejected because I gave it the briefest of glances and found errors.
This time around they submitted two months worth (being 5 weeks late on one of them), with a chirpy "it's been looked over and is correct!'
I found over six hundred duplicated entries out of less than two thousand for one month of data. All except maybe, at most, 8 of them, were the same two people. The second month had nearly four hundred, with the same two people.
How the gently caress do you miss that!?!??

cruft

xcheopis posted:

How the gently caress do you miss that!?!??

Ooh, I know this one! It's really easy: you don't look. At all.

cruft

cruft posted:

Ooh, I know this one! It's really easy: you don't look. At all.

It may (but probably won't) shock you to learn that this same thing goes on at civil engineering firms! People will either convince someone it's been checked over, or the checker won't actually check, and then 15 years later a bridge collapses.

xcheopis

cruft posted:

It may (but probably won't) shock you to learn that this same thing goes on at civil engineering firms! People will either convince someone it's been checked over, or the checker won't actually check, and then 15 years later a bridge collapses.

Heck no it's not surprising! My lower division chem courses were taught by brutal tyrants who were at pains to explain all the terrible things that can and will go wrong if you don't do the simplest conversions properly.
The Science sub-forum has a great chemistry thread. I should go back to reading it.

Ass-penny

cruft posted:

it me. I'm the collapsing bridge.

Ass-penny

35W :whatup:

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.
I'm supposed to go in to the office on Fridays, but I told my boss I needed to work from home to help out with a sick kid. She does still have a gnarly cough, but her fever's been gone since yesterday morning so now I've got an extra day working from home while the kid's at daycare.

It's so quiet and chill and I don't have to put on real pants or talk to my coworkers.

cruft

DaChurl posted:

I'm supposed to go in to the office on Fridays, but I told my boss I needed to work from home to help out with a sick kid. She does still have a gnarly cough, but her fever's been gone since yesterday morning so now I've got an extra day working from home while the kid's at daycare.

It's so quiet and chill and I don't have to put on real pants or talk to my coworkers.

You wear fake pants a lot, eh?

Me too.

Escape From Noise

Lol. Of course the day I brew a lager is the day the glycol system shits the bed. Perfect

xcheopis

Some health care programs have vans that go out to different areas to provide care for the homeless (even a dental program!). These generically referred to as "mobile health" or "the van".
But sometimes we talk too quickly and refer to "the mobile van".
As opposed to the stationary one, I guess!

Finger Prince

What a poo poo loving day.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Finger Prince posted:

What a poo poo loving day.

What happened goon, are you okay?! :ohdear:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

An industry acquaintance who quit his job in Shizuoka and moved back to the area recently dropped by and we talked shop for a while. Apparently my former boss is offering brewers 100k yen for their recipes provided they go to his brewery and brew it for him. So they're clearly doing really well.

Finger Prince

Chewbecca posted:

What happened goon, are you okay?! :ohdear:

Oh, just the yuge.

Escape From Noise

It always kills me that it's apparently not common knowledge that if you have a partially full box or case of something (bottles for example), partially filled ones go on top of any stack and should not be under even one full box or case, especially not at the bottom of a stack. JFC.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Going into hour 4 and n o t h i n g is happening here todayyyyyy

cruft

It always kills me that it's apparently not common knowledge that if you have a partially full box or case of something (bottles for example), partially filled ones go on top of any stack and should not be under even one full box or case, especially not at the bottom of a stack. JFC.

ask me how I load tomatoes into the grocery bag

Escape From Noise

cruft posted:

ask me how I load tomatoes into the grocery bag

Depends. Are you making sauce?

xcheopis

Depends. Are you making sauce?

If deployed properly, Depends would do an outstanding job of absorbing the mess.

xcheopis

Annual HIPPA training. So dull.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We moved offices.

They put my power and network drops on the wrong wall.

I will not be facing away from the gd door by Tuesday, or I will come unglued.

Finger Prince

xcheopis posted:

Annual HIPPA training. So dull.

Annual HIPPO training on the other hand, so exciting!

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

Annual HIPPO training on the other hand, so exciting!

I always get it wrong! :doh:
Because I don't do this often and it never comes up outside of these trainings.

Escape From Noise

The guy I know who manages a couple craft beer places in Kyoto who dropped by my place a while ago and was pointing out off flavors in my beer that turned out being the result of the restaurant manager at my place not cleaning the lines invited me to the off flavors workshop he's hosting next weekend. Ouch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

My god the restaurant side of this place is such a mess. One of the cooks is quitting because of the head chef. He also confirmed this guy is the reason we can't keep any serving staff. I'm glad I'm fairly removed from this BS.