Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I guess I heard it in the podcasts I listened to. Overwhelming sentiment was that the Saints defense was going to be elite, possibly the best in the league, and while the offense was the wildcard it had the potential to be good if Thomas was healthy (lol).

Which is weird considering that since DA is the coach and he has two DCs, the defense has fallen apart the last couple of games. Yes, Lattimore is hurt but the tackling has gotten extremely shoddy and the safeties are just playing badly. Maybe Taylor coming back will spark it up a bit, but let’s see if we can get a return receipt for the CJGJ trade and pay that man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/aaronwilson_nfl/status/1582822705807564800?s=42&t=Hg2Fua726GwG0S85tez90w

sure. I'd rather have, in order, Burns, DJ Moore, Any Functioning Right Tackle. But sure

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Come to Dallas, OBJ, and re-implode.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/status/1582806885773647872?t=6gAV93CgQHusjMNYcdn-Ew&s=19

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
That’s not good

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Rus probably had a 10 person team workshopping if it was better to continue to saying it or if it negatively affected his Q Rating.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Greatest comedic character on tv currently imo i laugh so hard at his scenes

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I guess I heard it in the podcasts I listened to. Overwhelming sentiment was that the Saints defense was going to be elite, possibly the best in the league, and while the offense was the wildcard it had the potential to be good if Thomas was healthy (lol).

Yeah I can't recall which podcast, but I definitely remember hearing the take that since Allen had been around the Saints so long, he had obviously been groomed to take over and absorbed all of Payton's offensive brilliance. Which uh after watching two decades of New England assistants go out into the world, maybe it should not be taken for granted that hanging around a great coach will translate into future success.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Amy Pole Her posted:

He's also great playing a similar (ish) character on On Cinema: https://youtu.be/i3dh16owcxM

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Rus probably had a 10 person team workshopping if it was better to continue to saying it or if it negatively affected his Q Rating.

I 100% believe this to be true.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Amy Pole Her posted:

I'm sad he grew up I died at baby Colin all season

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I can't recall which podcast, but I definitely remember hearing the take that since Allen had been around the Saints so long, he had obviously been groomed to take over and absorbed all of Payton's offensive brilliance. Which uh after watching two decades of New England assistants go out into the world, maybe it should not be taken for granted that hanging around a great coach will translate into future success.

Nah, that was always expected to be ok because Pete Carmichael remained as the OC and he’s been OC in the same position under Sean Payton for 16 years. I never expected DA to suddenly become an offensive genius but I did expect his defense to stay as good as it did last year.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

This prediction was definitely an outlier, but Peter King had the Saints as the No. 1 seed in the NFC

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Silly Burrito posted:

Which is weird considering that since DA is the coach and he has two DCs, the defense has fallen apart the last couple of games. Yes, Lattimore is hurt but the tackling has gotten extremely shoddy and the safeties are just playing badly. Maybe Taylor coming back will spark it up a bit, but let’s see if we can get a return receipt for the CJGJ trade and pay that man.

It’s not really surprising that taking a guy who was a good DC and giving him a bunch of other responsibilities that limit the time he can spend focused on defense doesn’t result in a good outcome. It’s why I didn’t like the hire. The offense was already hosed with Payton leaving and this seemed likely to end with the defense regressing as well. Should have just brought in new blood instead of trying to keep the Beatles back together with just Ringo and George left.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

MD2020 posted:

This prediction was definitely an outlier, but Peter King had the Saints as the No. 1 seed in the NFC

I feel like Peter King having an opinion is proof that it’s crazy and well outside the norm.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Docjowles posted:

I think there's a reason Pete Carmichael's name never came up for HC jobs

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I feel like Peter King having an opinion is proof that it’s crazy and well outside the norm.

Well, everyone's allowed a mistake or two. Like, say his analysis of Denver:

Peter King posted:

“In Denver, Wilson feels he has a bit of authorship with someone he considers a football savant, [head coach Nathaniel] Hackett. It’s the kind of relationship he’s wanted with his play-caller and play-author. That’s why Wilson thinks this is the perfect place to spend the second half of his career.”

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MD2020 posted:

Well, everyone's allowed a mistake or two. Like, say his analysis of Denver:

Wasn’t he the main reason Rodgers was rumored to be going to Denver?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Football Savant Nathaniel Hackett. Oh my god.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/ZacStevensDNVR/status/1582804388929687552

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
You could link a Ballsack Sports tweet with a quote from Russell Wilson and I would 100% believe it to be true

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Football Savant Nathaniel Hackett. Oh my god.

lol

Must have been all those nano-bubbles over the years

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Not sure I'd call it a fun fact exactly but huh, this is random and I don't think I ever knew about it:

https://twitter.com/tophermejia/status/1582830377458339840

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Alaois posted:

i've watched enough low-level college football games with g-tier announce teams to even blink at any NFL broadcast

could you imagine Petros Papadakis calling an NFL game

After watching uncountable amount of Petros-called games on the Pac-12 Network and FS1 or whatever he's on now.... No... please no... NEVER.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

A fake superpower for a fake injury.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

trilljester posted:

After watching uncountable amount of Petros-called games on the Pac-12 Network and FS1 or whatever he's on now.... No... please no... NEVER.

I'm sorry but have you watched Matt Millen or J Leman

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

as stupid as matt millen and j leman are, their voices aren't as viscerally upsetting as petros' on a base, humanistic level

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Alaois posted:

as stupid as matt millen and j leman are, their voices aren't as viscerally upsetting as petros' on a base, humanistic level

Agreed. And while I'd rather shove glass in my ears than hear Matt Millen and J Leman, Petros drives me absolutely insane. Dan Fouts is pretty insufferable too.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

kiimo posted:

I'm sad he grew up I died at baby Colin all season

His teenager phase was incredible. It helps I absolutely love Lazlo too

The siren episode was one of my absolute favorites

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Here’s a goddamn pregame show:

https://youtu.be/hKRdLaLnWlE

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

R.D. Mangles posted:

I loved J Leman when he played for Illinois.

Had no idea he called games.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I never saw this before, lmao

What We Do In The Shadows loving owns and so does Colin Robinson.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Dan Dierdorf was absolutely loving terrible and somehow got jobs for 20 years

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Here’s a goddamn pregame show:

https://youtu.be/hKRdLaLnWlE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etiXPf1op0U

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I hate watching Fox games because they keep putting in commercials for Fox News and their right wing chud bullshit.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

I hate watching Fox games because they keep putting in commercials for Fox News and their right wing chud bullshit.

i feel like ive seen that watching college games on FS1 but not on Fox proper, but that might be an affiliate thing

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
RedZone is the best way to watch football, because Scott Hanson is amazing and there are no loving commercials. Manningcast is a strong follow up, but it has commercials.

All others are kinda crappy.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

With the proliferation of legal sports gambling, Smooth Jimmy Apollo seems apropos:

https://youtu.be/RZJSpVb6uFg

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fartknocker posted:

RedZone is the best way to watch football, because Scott Hanson is amazing and there are no loving commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Codependent Poster posted:

I've gotten into the habit of walking to the local coffee shop right at 1pm, and by the time I'm back there's enough of a buffer in YTTV to skip all the commercials and catch up right before the game ends.

If it's not my team, yeah, RedZone.